PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Annual Meet 2005

CRUZTAKER
02-19-2005, 10:36 AM
RAID ON THE ROCK HALL 2005

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/627Rock_Hall1edit.jpg?90

MAY 19-22, 2005

The dates have been chosen (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15413), and all that's left to do is the fine planning.

In keeping it simple, we will basically do exactly what we did last year, with only minor changes to excursions.

Lunch on Friday is tentatively at the newly built "House of Blues" in downtown Cleveland. The place is so new (12-weeks or so), that at this time their schedule books do not go into May. It looks good for lunch however.

NEW HOTEL INFO AS OF 3-25-05:

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/media/images/logos/brandLogo.gif

4860 Brecksville Rd. RT.21

Richfield, Ohio 44286

330-659-6662

Minesh Shah G.M.

A block of 10 rooms will be held until May 7th, 2005 at the group rate of $85.

Advise when making reservations that you are in the MERCURY MARAUDER group to recieve this rate.

FORMER LOCATION:

Quality Inn & Suites

4742 Brecksville Rd.

Richfield, Ohio 44286

ITINERARY:

Basically the same as last year. Contingency plans will be in place if the weather is uncooperative. Thursday is an open day for arrivals and such, and I will gladly host anyone here at my place. We'll find something to do.:P

Last year we washed cars....yes, the wash rack will be in place.

Friday:
Rock and Roll hall of fame museum 9 a.m. till....
and perhaps if time is good...

The Steamship William G. Mather Museum

http://wgmather.nhlink.net/ (http://wgmather.nhlink.net/)

Lunch at the new HOUSE OF BLUES CLEVELAND

http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/cleveland/ (http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/cleveland/)
11:30 a.m. till.....

I am still working this out with the HOB staff. It's difficult because the place is so new. Currently they are swamped daily. They do walk-ins 11:30-2:30 and option a private room at additional cost.

DRAGWAY42! Friday evening 5:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m. for those who need to blow off some steam. Previously it was a last minute rainout. $10 test and tune at a track that never gets busier than 100 cars.

http://www.dragway42.com (http://www.dragway42.com/)

Saturday:
Cook out, BBQ, bon-fire, swimming,at my place. A great opportunity to relax, socialize, and party with fellow marauder members. Same as last year; Only the finest food, drink, and socializing. The pool will be open and heated, so be prepared. This year I will not be embarrassed to accept donations!!!:P The cook out proved to be quite expensive, but as a result of last years overwhelming generosity from the group, all went really well.

Ken
02-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Looking forward to another good time together with some good friends, (and some that we haven't even met yet.) Hopefully, no rain or hailstorm this year. Will the water box be set up on E. Wallings Rd. to do the burnouts for LEO? Gotta keep the neighbor happy!:burnout: House of Blues sounds great too. Haven't had an occasion to stop in. Let me know if there's anything that I can do to help out. You're not that far away.:beer:

Ken

Haggis
02-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Barry, let us know if you need us to bring anything or if you will need our help once we get out there. We're always willing to lend a helping hand. :food:

MarauderMark
02-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Barry, let us know if you need us to bring anything or if you will need our help once we get out there. We're always willing to lend a helping hand. :food:

That goes double for us too.The cars sang it perfectly!!! Let the good times roll!!!

mpearce
02-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Everything sounds good to me. Can't wait to show up with you all at Dragway 42. Let me know what I can do to help.

-Mat

Bigdogjim
02-19-2005, 08:58 PM
I will bring my appetite:rofl:

J/K:) Let me know and I'll be glad to help out!!

Can we go to that place down the road for dinner one night? It was great:2thumbs:

MarauderMark
02-19-2005, 09:03 PM
I will bring my appetite:rofl:

J/K:) Let me know and I'll be glad to help out!!

Can we go to that place down the road for dinner one night? It was great:2thunbs:

The size of you and me heh ,if you wanna go to the dinner then it must be good food and i'm going with ya.. :D

MM03MOK
02-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Can we go to that place down the road for dinner one night? It was great:2thumbs:Ya mean this place??

http://www.whiteyschili.com/rest.htm

http://www.whiteyschili.com/images/logo.jpg

Bigdogjim
02-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Ya mean this place??

http://www.whiteyschili.com/rest.htm

http://www.whiteyschili.com/images/logo.jpg
Hey now your talking :burnout: :burnout:

That's the place :beer: :banana2:

MM03MOK
02-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Hey now your talking :burnout: :burnout:

That's the place :beer: :banana2:Quite the experience! Let's see how many more people we can squeeze into that back corner room!!

Bigdogjim
02-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Quite the experience! Let's see how many more people we can squeeze into that back corner room!!

That was fun :rofl:

Great food, great bar :beer: :beer:

CRUZTAKER
02-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I was there a few weeks back....you know their chili is world renoun...?

Anyway, this time I make reservations!

For as popular as that place is, their parking lot is 3 times the size of the seating area. :shake:

MM03MOK
02-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I was there a few weeks back....you know their chili is world renoun...?

Anyway, this time I make reservations!

For as popular as that place is, their parking lot is 3 times the size of the seating area. :shake:Bunny wants to sit with my little buddy, Gage, and my big buddy, BigDog again! :bunny:

Ken
02-20-2005, 08:30 AM
With a recommendation like that, I've got to try it. We already make the trip to the Skyline Chili near Barry's. Whats another 15 minute ride in the MM? A bonus!:D Ken

Daily 03
02-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Barry,

Nellie and I will be there. If there is anything that we can help with please let us know. We enjoyed last year and know that this year will be no different.

Dale

mpearce
02-20-2005, 07:27 PM
I hope everyone participates in the drag racing night. Even if you chose not to race, but just watch and relax, it'll still be fun! The caravan down will be interesting...especially when we all pull in together.

:coolman:

-Mat

Haggis
03-07-2005, 12:55 PM
:bump:

Just wanted to refresh the page.

MarauderMark
03-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I think me and Peg are allready booked .heh ya know i'm not sure , i know she was on the phone last week about it but not sure .i will repost if she did.. :P

MarauderMark
03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
I think me and Peg are allready booked .heh ya know i'm not sure , i know she was on the phone last week about it but not sure .i will repost if she did.. :P

Yep she did reserve the room for the 18th to 22 of May @ 71.99 a nite through hotel.com..so we are going to leave early thursday morning and bother Barry and family for the day. :D . See ya'll soon.:up:

MM03MOK
03-08-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www2.choicehotels.com/ires/en-us/html/RoomAvailability?sid=fKA7M.QFU W2gzeAi.2&hotel=OH330&sarea=16999&sname=Richfield&sstate=OH&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=41.239723205566406&slon=-81.63833618164062&schain=Q&exp=&scity=Richfield&sort=&month=5&day=19&depart_month=5&depart_day=22&srp=STD

Looks like we can book online too. Internet User's Rate /AAA for $62.99.

Barry - did you get confirmation on a group rate?

Haggis
03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
http://www2.choicehotels.com/ires/en-us/html/RoomAvailability?sid=fKA7M.QFU W2gzeAi.2&hotel=OH330&sarea=16999&sname=Richfield&sstate=OH&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=41.239723205566406&slon=-81.63833618164062&schain=Q&exp=&scity=Richfield&sort=&month=5&day=19&depart_month=5&depart_day=22&srp=STD

:bump: :bump:

CRUZTAKER
03-12-2005, 10:42 AM

No!:(

The company has had me in Michigan for the last 6 weeks and I cannot get a hold of these folks during normal hours. I'll try harder next week....I promise.

Having a similar problem contacting the folks at the House of Blues.

Not easy when one has no cell phone, and most of these sites I am at have a ton of cable tv, modems....but no telephones nor bathrooms.:rolleyes:

CRUZTAKER
03-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Today I spoke with Judy Picone, Director of Services at the Quality Inn, Richfield, Ohio.(FORMERLY THE HOLIDAY INN OF RICHFIELD)
I have reserved 10 rooms under the name 'Mercury Marauder Club' at the discounted rate of $79.00/night. Sorry, that's the best I could get out of her, and it is $5 higher than last year.

I only held 10 rooms since I don't have an official list of folks attending yet. More rooms are available if needed. The dates are thursday night May 19th thru sunday May 22nd. Of course you will book what is correct for you individually.

If you already booked, you may call for the lower rate if it applys.;)

CRUZTAKER
03-18-2005, 12:17 PM
I spoke with one of the hosts (Brooke) at the HOUSE OF BLUES today.

I learned that a private room for us is completely out of the question due to the smaller size of our gathering...AND the $3500 minimum. WOW!

She is willing however to make an attempt to convince the concierge to allow us a reservation for a large party. This is indeed a good possibility. I must however have a firm number of attendees to make this happen.

I won't need the number until two weeks prior, but would like to have a basic idea by the end of April, with a final number by a week or so prior to the gathering.

This should be a cool lunch gathering...I can't wait to see this place!:D

MarauderMark
03-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Quality Inn & Suites

4742 Brecksville Rd.

Richfield, Ohio 44286

330-659-6151

i am allready booked in quality inn as advertised on the front page now i need to cancel it for the holiday inn? i want to be with my Marauders Soooo Which one is it?

CRUZTAKER
03-18-2005, 08:33 PM
i am allready booked in quality inn as advertised on the front page now i need to cancel it for the holiday inn? i want to be with my Marauders Soooo Which one is it?
My bad...I cut and pasted from last years post. It used to be a Holiday Inn.

I will still suggest you folks try your own sources to beat this rate. I am not so sure this is the best she could have afforded me.

MM03MOK
03-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Just tried the link I posted above for their website.....$80.99. I snoozed.....

Dennis Reinhart
03-20-2005, 10:24 AM
I will do my best to be there I would like to have my car done, my priorty is getting Marks car done for this and be able to shut down here for a week to come down there with plenty of Vodka and relax and have fun.:beer: :beer:

MarauderMark
03-20-2005, 10:26 AM
I will do my best to be there I would like to have my car done, my priorty is getting Marks car done for this and be able to shut down here for a week to come down there with plenty of Vodka and relax and have fun.:beer: :beer:

ALLRIGHT DENNIS!!!!!!:up: :up: :up: :banana: Man it would be great to see you there !!Should i bring anything to eat or drink as well??? :beer:

I do have a bottle of 7 Star Metaxa .A Greek liqueur cone yak(spelling maybe wrong) Which cannot be purchased in the U.S it is only available in Greece , you can buy 5 star here but not 7 star.It also has been stored 10 yrs @ 57 or 67 i can't remember , degrees.Thats about the best exotic as i can get..Let me know if i should bring that or maybe some Captain Morgans instead or both..

CRUZTAKER
03-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I will do my best to be there I would like to have my car done.....
Umm...wow....I am at a loss for words.

That would be totally cool and unexpected Dennis.;)

CRUZTAKER
03-25-2005, 04:54 PM
First off....allow me to apologize to those few of you that have already booked a room in the host hotel we used last year, and tentatively were going to use this year.

The former Holiday Inn, now owned by Quality Inn, has taken a turn for the worse. Mercman was good enough to pull some reviews of this hotel and pass them on to me. After a visit this afternoon, I am going to have to agree with the negative reviews. The hotel has really gone down hill, and the staff is less than helpfull.

Therefore, I have made arrangements with the management of the recently built Hampton Inn some 1000' feet next door. The hotel manager, Mr. Shah was very courteous, and willing to lower his regular $99 rate to $85 and hold a number of rooms for us.

As I said, this building is less than 2 years old, and in great condition, typical of what one would expect from a Hampton Inn.

Anyone that made reservations at the Quality Inn should cancel immediately. I will inform the management at the Holiday Inn that I no longer require those rooms.

Here is the new information:

Richfield, Ohio 44286

330-659-6662

Minesh Shah G.M.

Advice when making reservations that you are in the MERCURY MARAUDER group to recieve this rate.

FORMER LOCATION:

Quality Inn & Suites

4742 Brecksville Rd.

Richfield, Ohio 44286

MI2QWK4U
03-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Richfield, Ohio 44286

330-659-6662

Minesh Shah G.M.

Hey Barry, Good choice in hotels! Maybe we should name then official hotel chain of the Maruders!

MarauderMark
03-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey Barry, Good choice in hotels! Maybe we should name then official hotel chain of the Maruders!

Barry you aint kiddin .Good thing we cancelled now they were trying to charge me for 2 rooms.We used Hampton in florida , so yes Dave i agree.:up:

FastMerc
03-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey Barry wouldnt miss it need help let me know,Going to Columbus Ford meet next weekend.Might have some surprises by then?:D

Haggis
03-30-2005, 04:32 AM
We have booked a room at the Hampton Inn. The lady there said it was the last one on reserve...whew just in time. See you all on the 19th. :2thumbs:

mpearce
03-30-2005, 06:51 AM
See you all on the 19th.
You better bring some Haggis, Haggis!

-Mat

Haggis
03-30-2005, 08:21 AM
You better bring some Haggis, Haggis!

-Mat

It's already in the bag, so to speak. :food:

FastMerc
03-30-2005, 03:56 PM
This will be cool to meet everybody,I know only a few Marauder owners,Hey Barry yard beer or HIGH octane?????????:D :beer:

CRUZTAKER
03-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Haggis is the bringer of the quality $hat!

Haggis
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Haggis is the bringer of the quality $hat!

That's shat x2. :D

MM03MOK
04-05-2005, 06:13 AM
We have booked a room at the Hampton Inn. The lady there said it was the last one on reserve...whew just in time. Bear - did you get more rooms set aside? Just waiting for your word to book.

MM03MOK
04-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Called for reservations. No problem. She said she has another 8 rooms available at our rate. All single, King, non-smoking but she can change that if other rooms are available. Only 44 days to go!!!!

MM03MOK
04-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Here's the List from this thread so far:

Confirmed
Cruztaker
Jessica
Ken
Ladyhawke
Haggis
MPearce
SixAppeal
BigDogJim
Daily 03 + Nellie
FastMerc
RF Overlord
MM03MOK
Mike & Barb Poore
Big Joe P + Kim
SergntMac
Mercman

Tentative
Dennis Reinhart + Sheila
MarauderMike

Others
Hack Goby
MainEngDwarf
Valkyrie
Bigslim
Buckwheat
Zack

MarauderMike
04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Barry, how long does it take to get down there from Detroit Metro? I was thinking starting down about 3 on Friday afternoon.

MM03MOK
04-12-2005, 07:04 PM
:bump: :cheer: :bump:

CRUZTAKER
04-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Barry, how long does it take to get down there from Detroit Metro? I was thinking starting down about 3 on Friday afternoon.
Well...I should know...I do it every friday...:rolleyes:

If you run the turnpike aggressive,;) , It should be 2 1/2 hours of sweet drive.

CRUZTAKER
04-15-2005, 05:03 PM
I need to take a moment to explain to everyone, particularly Mary, where I am at currently.

My job has basically placed me in Detroit on a long term basis. Who knows if I will ever work in Ohio again, but I need this job, and Detroit is where I am supposed to be like it or not.

I drive 217 miles every Monday and Friday. It seems that I am never home anymore, and when I am, I have a multitude of household and property chores to keep up with. I also have to make time for Gage. More often than not, Gage and Mommy are put aside to repair windows, clean the yard, cut trees....or just plain sleep. This job is is running me ragged.

I wish I had known last fall the company was gonna do this to me or I likely would not have planned this meet. At this point, I cannot even reply to posts as there is no internet most of the time I am in Michigan on this particular stint. I feel as though I left everyone hanging.

Mary, I cannot thank you enough for picking up the slack. I just don't have the time to follow thru right now.

The meet is on however, and I am busting ass every weekend to get things ready around here, and try to make the further arrangements for us as well.

So....if I don't get back to inquires for days at a time, sorry.

Murader03
04-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Barry.....we all understand and have been in your position at one time or another. Unfortunately, when I repsonded last fall, I had every intention of
making the meet this year. But, due to scheduling conflicts, I'll ne be able to make the run again this year. Hope you all have a great time, and I'm sorry that Dot and I will miss this again...... :bigcry:

CRUZTAKER
04-16-2005, 06:20 AM
Barry.....we all understand and have been in your position at one time or another. Unfortunately, when I repsonded last fall, I had every intention of
making the meet this year. But, due to scheduling conflicts, I'll ne be able to make the run again this year. Hope you all have a great time, and I'm sorry that Dot and I will miss this again...... :bigcry:
This year....I totally understand.

Last year I had a whirlwind of free time.

CRUZTAKER
04-16-2005, 10:57 AM
I am taking a lunch break and wanted to update on my weekend progress.

The pool is officially open!!! Relatively clean, very clear, and very coooolllld. I fore see one hell of a gas bill....but it will be 90 plus just like last year.

The deck is prepared, and unlike last year, utilizing the giant tent, I have a new 16' square gazeebo up top now. As long as the weather is good, I would like to avoid that tent fiasco this year.

I am looking at the tentative guest list....OMG!!! It appears twice as big as last year! I guess I'll double the filet mignon order this time around. One thing I might suggest...IF YOU HAVE A FAVORITE LAWN CHAIR....BRING IT!!! I am not sure I have enough chairs.

Someone needs to bring some fresh caught fish this year, as I didn't make it to our winter home this past season and Grouper is just too expensive around here. We'll Guiness batter them with my secret recipe. So all you fisherman better start catching some prime Walleye, Bass, and whatever you can get out east.

Also, I went BEER crazy last year....like $300 worth. The problem was, I got stuck with waaay to much extra.
How about this time, everyone tell me what their favorite is, and I will have plenty.

SUBMIT YOUR DRINK PREFERENCE!!!

MM03MOK
04-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Also, I went BEER crazy last year....like $300 worth. The problem was, I got stuck with waaay to much extra.Guess we fell down on the job there!! We promise it won't happen again! ;) The only reason the tent got up at all was because we didn't drink all the beer! (How many Marauder owners does it take to put up a tent.....)

I'm not too fussy about my (imported) beer. Heineken Dark and Corona are tops on the list. We can plan to be there mid-day on Thursday if you could use some help.

Thanks, Bear!

mpearce
04-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Barry,

I have off from May 15th, to May 25th. No work at all!! If you need any help setting up, I can certianly lend a hand. Let me know what you need, and I can be of assistance. Heather will probably be making some desert, and I can always bring over some steak from the butcher.

-Mat

MarauderMark
04-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Bad News: By the looks of things me and peg will be unable to attend this year as well ..Sorry :(

Haggis
04-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Bad News: By the looks of things me and peg will be unable to attend this year as well ..Sorry :(
WHAT!! :eek: Just hop in the hoopty and get your arses out there. It is not about the cars, though they do help, it's about the people. Friends & family!! Now no more excusses, hoopty on out there in May.

Big Joe P
04-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Me and my girl will be there........ Anything I can bring from a well stocked bar??

FastMerc
04-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey Barry I dont know how many drink Molson XXX so I will bring 6 or 12 unless others are interested?:beer:

MERCMAN
04-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Just got my room booked!! WOO-HOO!! Make sure the snow is gone by then!!!

MM03MOK
04-25-2005, 07:30 AM
:bump: :bump:

Anyone else? Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio (hey Jacki!!), Ontario, New York, New Jersey (hey TFB!!!), Pennsylvania (hey JET!!!), Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, New England and beyond???

Barry and Jess are going to need a fairly accurate headcount so please chime in.

Only 24 days and counting!!

Jessica
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Mary,

Thanks for all of your help.
I hope we have lots of people, it was a great time last year. This year has been nuts, but Bear and I can't wait to see everyone.

Jes

MM03MOK
04-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Confirmed
Cruztaker
Jessica
Ken
Ladyhawke (arriving Thurs.)
Haggis (arriving Thurs.)
MPearce
SixAppeal
Daily 03 + Nellie (arriving Sat.)
FastMerc
RF Overlord (arriving Thurs.)
MM03MOK (arriving Thurs.)
Mike & Barb Poore
Big Joe P + Kim (arriving Fri.)
SergntMac (arriving Fri.)
Mercman (arriving Thurs.)
Zack + Lynn (arriving Fri.)

Tentative
MarauderMike
jrb927 + Mike & family
Merc + Pam

Maybe
BigDogJim ???
Hack Goby
Dennis + Sheila

Others
MainEngDwarf
Valkyrie
Bigslim
Buckwheat

CRUZTAKER
04-29-2005, 05:11 AM
This list looks big!!!!

Thanks to those whom sent contributions.

Next weekend I price the filet.

I need a better beer list as well, otherwise you folks get what I bring home! :P

MM03MOK
04-29-2005, 03:59 PM
For those we haven't heard from, jump in here and tell us when you're arriving, please. I'm keeping track in the list below.

CRUZTAKER
04-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks Mary!

I need to call The HOB and give them an idea of how many would like to do lunch on Friday. I need to do that by end of next week.

Looks as though not too many, but I haven't sent a note out to any of the Buckeye members that do not frequent the site.

I gotta get crackin'.

Yard is looking up though. :D

Bigdogjim
04-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Confirmed
Cruztaker
Jessica
Ken
Ladyhawke
Haggis
MPearce
SixAppeal
BigDogJim
Daily 03 + Nellie
FastMerc
Mike & Barb Poore

Tentative
Dennis Reinhart + Sheila
MarauderMike

Others
Hack Goby
MainEngDwarf
Valkyrie
Bigslim
Buckwheat
Zack

List me as a big maybe? Sorry best I can do as of now :alone:

Daily 03
04-29-2005, 08:09 PM
For those we haven't heard from, jump in here and tell us when you're arriving, please. I'm keeping track in the list below.

Mary,
Nellie and I will not be there until Saturday. I have another obligation during the week. We are looking forward to seeing everybody again this year.
Dale

MM03MOK
05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Everyone all set with hotel arrangements? Let us know when you're coming, especially for lunch at the House of Blues on Friday. Feel free to join in anywhere along the itinerary on Friday. I'm keeping the list updated.

If you're travelling , don't forget your FRS radios. Channel 5

Hack Goby
05-04-2005, 04:08 PM
:alone: As my life crumbles around me I still want to make this one because it might be the only thing I do this year.I know its getting late but I will do my best to be there.

Haggis
05-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Everyone all set with hotel arrangements? Let us know when you're coming, especially for lunch at the House of Blues on Friday. Feel free to join in anywhere along the itinerary on Friday. I'm keeping the list updated.

If you're travelling , don't forget your FRS radios. Channel 5

Chris and I will be there sometime Thursday evening. Hopefully there will not be an accident on the highway, again and we will be able to get there earlier then last year.

Zack
05-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Ill be there Friday.
With my woman I might add.

(And the crystal grill)

MM03MOK
05-04-2005, 07:53 PM

(And the crystal grill)Can't wait to see all three of you!!

Big Joe P
05-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Zack

Zack.... this is so sudden.....
Are we making the drive together??

CRUZTAKER
05-05-2005, 02:57 PM
:eek: Oh my.....

SergntMac
05-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Also, I went BEER crazy last year...The problem was, I got stuck with waaay to much extra.
No such thing as too much beer. It's just on reserve...

Just got my room booked!! WOO-HOO!
Ditto...Zack, Lynn and I are set. BTW, the initial "block" was for ten rooms, and we can book beyone that, no problem. Come one, come all, this is going to be a blast!

List me as a big maybe? Sorry best I can do as of now.
Oh, you're big...But I don't want to hear any "maybe" stuff. Ya hear me DENNIS!

Let us know when you're coming, especially for lunch at the House of Blues on Friday. Feel free to join in anywhere along the itinerary on Friday. I'm keeping the list updated. If you're travelling , don't forget your FRS radios. Channel 5
Barry, don't pencil in Zack or myself for lunch at HOB. But, for sure we'll be joining y'all for the drag racing Friday night.

Are we making the drive together??
Probably...Check the Windy City thread on our caravan?

CRUZTAKER
05-05-2005, 03:46 PM
10-4 MAc.

You mentioned Lyn...is she coming?

That would be cool. :coolman:

SergntMac
05-05-2005, 03:53 PM
You mentioned Lyn...is she coming? That would be cool.
Ummm...Different "Lynn," Bear, not JrsyGirl, but I haven't heard from her, one never knows. I'd love to see Jackie again, any word?

Bigdogjim
05-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Ummm...Different "Lynn," Bear, not JrsyGirl, but I haven't heard from her, one never knows. I'd love to see Jackie again, any word?
Sounds like a re-union party! Very :cool:

merc
05-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Add Merc and Mrs Merc to the tentive list for late Friday night, and Saturday. Lots of things needs to fall into place for this event to happen for us, but we are going to make an effort to show up if we can. :bandit:

SergntMac
05-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Add Merc and Mrs Merc to the tentive list for late Friday night, and Saturday. Lots of things needs to fall into place for this event to happen for us, but we are going to make an effort to show up if we can. :bandit:
This would be very cool, fingers crossed.

merc
05-05-2005, 05:56 PM
This would be very cool, fingers crossed.

Mrs Merc (Pam) is looking forward to meeting you again. It's amazing; she lost 59 pounds since you last saw her. I think she needs to learn how to race the marauder. I could subtract a 10th off my 1/4-mile times without spending money on a mod.
:beatnik:

MM03MOK
05-05-2005, 06:11 PM

Confirmed
Cruztaker
Jessica
Ken
Haggis (arriving Thurs.)
MPearce
SixAppeal
FastMerc
Mike & Barb Poore
Merc + Pam (arriving Fri.)
Dennis + Sheila (arriving Thurs. night late)

Tentative
MarauderMike
jrb927 + Mike & family (arriving Fri. ?)
spub

Maybe
BigDogJim ???
Hack Goby

Others
MainEngDwarf
Valkyrie
Bigslim
Buckwheat

SergntMac
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Mrs Merc (Pam) is looking forward to meeting you again. I think she needs to learn how to race the marauder.
Well then, let's hook up for our Friday night drags, and I'll be glad to hand my keys over to Pam for her own 1320 timeslip. Look what driving the "1x" down the 1/4 mile did for BunnyChick at the IRP...Are you ready to get blown?

Ummm...Ahh...Supercharged?

MM03MOK
05-05-2005, 06:13 PM
I'd love to see Jackie again, any word?
Tentative

MM03MOK
05-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Look what driving the "1x" down the 1/4 mile did for BunnyChick at the IRP...Got my helmet all packed!!! :bunny2:

Haggis
05-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Glad to hear it Mark, hope you will be feeling better by then. Tell Pam, Chris and I miss you both at the CAM Meets.

CRUZTAKER
05-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Mrs Merc (Pam) is looking forward to meeting you again. It's amazing; she lost 59 pounds since you last saw her. I think she needs to learn how to race the marauder. I could subtract a 10th off my 1/4-mile times without spending money on a mod.
:beatnik:
Jessy and I have wanted to see you two since Hershey.

It'll be really cool to hook up again!

merc
05-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Jessy and I have wanted to see you two since Hershey.

It'll be really cool to hook up again!

Then I could give you the DVD of the NVMC 2004 shootout.

MM03MOK
05-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Just a reminder, the rooms are held until tomorrow. Don't pay full price!!

..... I have made arrangements with the management of the recently built Hampton Inn some 1000' feet next door. The hotel manager, Mr. Shah was very courteous, and willing to lower his regular $99 rate to $85 and hold a number of rooms for us.

As I said, this building is less than 2 years old, and in great condition, typical of what one would expect from a Hampton Inn.

Anyone that made reservations at the Quality Inn should cancel immediately. I will inform the management at the Holiday Inn that I no longer require those rooms.

Here is the new information:

Richfield, Ohio 44286

330-659-6662

Minesh Shah G.M.

Advice when making reservations that you are in the MERCURY MARAUDER group to recieve this rate.

FORMER LOCATION:

Quality Inn & Suites

4742 Brecksville Rd.

Richfield, Ohio 44286

CRUZTAKER
05-06-2005, 07:57 PM
I thought I would post a pic showing that after 12 days, I have cleaned up the disaster from the snow storm the week past.

Only one tree left to handle, but it is buried at the moment, and that's the way it stays.

The gazeebo canvas did indeed tear from the weight of 21 inches of snow. It should be repaired by the gathering.

I sure hope the weather looks up soon, it tried to snow a few days back. Still cold and dreary most of the time.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/spring9_014.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/spring9_013.jpg

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Barry - What a difference a week makes. :D The grounds look great. :up: Nice job.

SergntMac
05-06-2005, 08:23 PM
the gathering.
Indeed. It is what it is.

We will enjoy your hospitality no matter what the weather calls for, and I thank you without end, for opening your home for us all.

Big Joe P
05-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Question about drag racing Friday night, as I've only done it once before. Am I going to need a driveshaft loop and helmet for this? I didn't need either at INDY last year....

SergntMac
05-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Question about drag racing Friday night, as I've only done it once before. Am I going to need a driveshaft loop and helmet for this? I didn't need either at INDY last year....If you do, I'm in trouble too. No helmet.

MM03MOK
05-07-2005, 05:45 AM
If you do, I'm in trouble too. No helmet.That was one question I hadn't ask, but I have a helmet anyway. :burn:

CRUZTAKER
05-07-2005, 06:20 AM
OK...

IF....I say if the weather is kind and indeed we make the drive to Dragway42...Torri, the owner sticks to the most basic of rules. We'll be waaaay out in the country, and fees are only $10 per car.

They have Nitrous and 100-blue race fuel on premise MOST of the time.

There is a station up on I-90 in AVON near Matt that has 100 pump, and a station on the way with 114 leaded if anyone wants to spice up the fuel they have.

Make some runs and wait to be told. Eventually if you make consistant 13 second runs, you will be asked to wear a helmet. Any helmet will do, they do not check. Although I have never seen it, if your windows were tinted enough, one might get away with a football helmet....:P

Either way, many of us do have them, and we can share.

I purchased the most basic cheapie open face motorcycle helmet that is track approved for $85 at our local cycle outlet. They can be found even cheaper than that. If it is financially feasable, everyone should have even a cheapie if this sort of thing is in their agenda from time to time. Especially you S/C folks.

Like I said, I have never had a helmet inspected, but I also have never run faster than 13 flat.
Hey Mac...can't you borrow one of the motorcycle cop's helmets for the weekend?
They're approved.

merc
05-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Room reservations confirmed, Houston we are a go for launch on the 20th. Barry I have a pair of O.E.M rear tires for you. I don't know if I will be able to make the drag racing. :banana2: :banana: :shot: :woohoo:

change status to Confirmed :popcorn:

MM03MOK
05-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Room reservations confirmed, Houston we are a go for launch on the 20th. Barry I have a pair of O.E.M rear tires for you. I don't know if I will be able to make the drag racing. :banana2: :banana: :shot: :woohoo:

change status to Confirmed :popcorn: :cheer: :beer: :banana: :D

MM03MOK
05-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Mike & Barb: when are you coming? All other "confirmed" live locally.

spub
05-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Barry (and all)-

I'm so close that I am going to try to make at least one of these days. Sorry to take so long to jump into this thread,,,, but it's been a real hectic couple of months for me. Can't wait to see other Marauders. Especialy the modded ones.

Kirt T.

CRUZTAKER
05-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Comon' Kirt....put some else in charge of the biz for a day and join us. ;)

Come Saturday!

CRUZTAKER
05-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Barry I have a pair of O.E.M rear tires for you.....
No way man!:P
My back yard is full of dead OEM soldiers!!!!!

What I need is MAC to bring a set of worn down Pirellis....

Oh MAAAAACCCCC....

Very Glad to hear you are coming. :up:

MM03MOK
05-07-2005, 07:38 PM

Confirmed
Cruztaker
Jessica
Ken
Haggis (arriving Thurs.)
MPearce
SixAppeal
FastMerc

Tentative
MarauderMike
spub

Maybe
BigDogJim ???
Hack Goby

Others
MainEngDwarf
Valkyrie
Bigslim
Buckwheat

jbr927
05-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Well Mike will be in town that weekend. :banana: We (me, Mike & kids) will be coming for sure Sat. I'm still working on getting Friday off and coming. It's not likely, but I will know for sure that week.

See you all then!! :beer:

Jacki

SergntMac
05-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Well Mike will be in town that weekend. We (me, Mike & kids) will be coming for sure Sat. I'm still working on getting Friday off and coming. It's not likely, but I will know for sure that week. Jacki
WhooHooo, good news! It will be great to see you and Mike again. Is that Mach I blown yet?

jbr927
05-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Is that Mach I blown yet?

No, but he's closer to making more minor mods - pulleys, gears, tune, exhaust. It takes him a vvveeerrryyy long time to decide on things, maybe a little more encouragement from you will move things along.

Jacki

MM03MOK
05-09-2005, 05:55 PM
No, but he's closer to making more minor mods - pulleys, gears, tune, exhaust. It takes him a vvveeerrryyy long time to decide on things, maybe a little more encouragement from you will move things along.

JackiNot to worry Jacki! We'll take care of him!

Haggis
05-10-2005, 08:41 AM

Confirmed
Cruztaker
Jessica
Ken
Haggis (arriving Thurs.)
MPearce
SixAppeal
FastMerc
Mike & Barb Poore

Tentative
MarauderMike
spub

Maybe
BigDogJim ???
Hack Goby

Others
MainEngDwarf
Valkyrie
Bigslim
Buckwheat

Mary you might want to double check with Mike Poore. I talked to him over the phone the other night and I believed he said he will not be able to make it to Cleveland. :alone:

MM03MOK
05-10-2005, 02:57 PM
APB for Mike and Barb Poore!!

Mike & Barb: when are you coming? All other "confirmed" live locally.

CRUZTAKER
05-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Friday:
Rock and Roll hall of fame museum
10 a.m. till APPROX. 1:00 PM
We'll meet at the hotel sometime around 9 a.m. or so.
We will park WEST of the Rock Hall this time, in the Science Center's garage parking.
http://www.rockhall.com/ (http://www.rockhall.com/)

HOUSE OF BLUES CLEVELAND
FRIDAY MAY 20TH, 1:00 PM FOR A 1:30 LUNCH RESERVATION

We'll park in the GUND ARENA multi level garage, ALL the way to the top open deck.

Directions from the South:
Take I-77 North. Exit at E. 9th St. Follow signs to Ontario St. north to arena parking.

http://www.gundarena.com/arenainfo/directions.html (http://www.gundarena.com/arenainfo/directions.html)

http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/cleveland/ (http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/cleveland/)

DRAGWAY42!

Friday evening 5:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m.

We can meet at the hotel once a time has been agreed upon amonst us on Friday.

http://www.dragway42.com (http://www.dragway42.com/)

Saturday:

Gathering at my place. Arrive at any time you like. No time restraints today!

I'll have the wash/vaccum rack set up in my main drive THUR/FRI/SAT.

We'll cook/eat once mid day, and again toward evening. Again, no particular time.

Guest parking is across the street from my drive, in my neighbors gravel lot.

DO NOT PARK ON THE HARDTOP. My neighbor, Tom, will open the gates on Saturday morning.

***THERE WILL BE A BLUE "TECH" SIGN INDICATING HIS DRIVEWAY ENTRANCE

Anyone with disabilities should take adavantage of my upper drive off SKYLINE avenue. It's a turn around with space for 4 cars and easy entry onto the property.

ANYONE ARRIVING EARLY IS WELCOME TO COME ON OVER ANYTIME ON THURS/FRIDAY....BUT PARK IN ONE OF MY TWO DRIVES. NOT THE NEIGHBORS LOT.

PM or CALL me if ANYONE needs maps to any of these locations, including directions to my place.

CRUZTAKER
05-13-2005, 01:26 PM
The current extended forecast is calling for dry, but cool weather.

BRING JACKETS EVERYONE!

The pool will still be open and heated, but the evening temps are still rteally chilly around here.

pantheroc
05-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Please add me to the "Maybe" :confused: list for Saturday night.

pantheroc

merc
05-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Canceled reservations today. Sorry, see ya next time.

CRUZTAKER
05-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Canceled reservations today. Sorry, see ya next time.
Sorry to hear that.

With the way the weather looks...you're not missing much....

I really dislike this time of year in Ohio. :(
We'll survive though.

MM03MOK
05-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Is anyone that's coming to the drag strip bringing a video camera??? I would love to capture a few of my runs down the 1320. I'll have my digital still camera with me. Who knows! I may be seeing sub-13 times!! :D

Haggis
05-17-2005, 05:40 AM
Is anyone that's coming to the drag strip bringing a video camera??? I would love to capture a few of my runs down the 1320. I'll have my digital still camera with me. Who knows! I may be seeing sub-13 times!! :D
We will have ours and will be more then happy to tape a few of your runs Mary. :bunny2: :bunny2: :bunny2:

mpearce
05-17-2005, 06:19 AM
I will most certianly be bringing my video camera to this. Thats for sure! Also...I'll be over at Barrys on thursday probably lending a hand in the set up of things if it's needed, and hanging out with any of the early comers. Also, if everyone is meeting up at the hotel on friday morning, I might just join you for a caravan to the Rock Hall. Even though I can see downtown and the rock hall from my bedroom window, I'm still up for a caravan in my own city. See you all soon.

-Mat

Rider90
05-17-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm considering this event...since I just got my tax return check in the mail, now I can afford the gas! Question though...are there any other hotels in the area below $85/night? I won't be arriving until Friday if anything since I can't seem to wiggle out of work on short notice. A motel 6 near by? maybe it'll just take lots a pillows and i'll camp out in the trunk (would make a nice security system too)

SergntMac
05-17-2005, 07:28 AM
Hey Rider, Zack, BigJoe and I are leaving Friday AM. We're meeting for breakfast at Blueberry Hill, 183rd and Western Ave, Homewood, at 7AM. If you want to join us for the drive, give one of us a call? I'm at 312.401.1396 and Zack is 708.476.2647. As I recall it, there are several hotels in the area.

Dude, you don't want to miss this event!

Rider90
05-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey Rider, Zack, BigJoe and I are leaving Friday AM. We're meeting for breakfast at Blueberry Hill, 183rd and Western Ave, Homewood, at 7AM. If you want to join us for the drive, give one of us a call? I'm at 312.401.1396 and Zack is 708.476.2647. As I recall it, there are several hotels in the area.

About two minutes ago I decided I better wait until money is a little more secure, but on the otherhand payday is Thursday...how about I fill you guys in then? sounds like a good plan, I'll let you know what the scoop is Thursday PM.

MERCMAN
05-17-2005, 08:15 AM

So you have changed your departure time AGAIN???:)

Hack Goby
05-17-2005, 03:51 PM
OK,Hack`s in the house!I will be there on early Saturday with my friend Patty. She is 99% she can go but if she can`t I will be there anyway. :beer:

CRUZTAKER
05-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Even though I can see downtown and the rock hall from my bedroom window, I'm still up for a caravan in my own city. See you all soon.

-MatThat would be cool...because last year (exiting) we got caught up in exiting rush hour traffic. Albeit an easy rush hour exit, it's all the stop lights on the surface streets that broke us up. I could use another local in the front / rear of the caravan.

CRUZTAKER
05-17-2005, 04:21 PM
.... maybe it'll just take lots a pillows and i'll camp out in the trunk (would make a nice security system too)OMG!

You sound exactly like me when I am on the road. :laugh:
I actually carry a sleeping bag and pillow.

I can so relate to your statement, so much that you have just earned a free stay. I offered it to Wes for the similiar reason....find your way here and you are more than welcome to spend the night.

BTW: Wes never took me up on the offer, but if he does, you two have to work out the sleeping arrangements. :baaa:

Rider90
05-17-2005, 04:29 PM
OMG!

You sound exactly like me when I am on the road. :laugh:
I actually carry a sleeping bag and pillow.

I can so relate to your statement, so much that you have just earned a free stay. I offered it to Wes for the similiar reason....find your way here and you are more than welcome to spend the night.

BTW: Wes never took me up on the offer, but if he does, you two have to work out the sleeping arrangements. :baaa:

Thank you for the invite, I have yet to see if I can afford this. We can bring sleeping bags and sleep on the floor, we just need a floor to sleep on. That is, my girlfriend and I. Sorry if I sound like a drifter, I'm really not, but money is tight and I want to pull this off...I'll let you fellas know around Thursday, thank you again for the offer!!!!! :beer:

mpearce
05-17-2005, 05:12 PM
OK,Hack`s in the house!
Oh yeah!! I"m really glad to hear you're in Hack!! See you soon!

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
05-19-2005, 04:39 AM
OK!!!

Lite rain forcast for today, thursday, and into the night, but Friday looks good. Saturday looks even BETTER!!!!:banana2:

We WILL be racing friday night, and for all those coming saturday, the pool will be open.

Bring jackets for the cool evenings!

If you didn't register with me, and miss out on a prime fillet....you're loss...as I have my order and I am off to the Butcher this morning.

The Beater Vic is available to anyone coming into town with transportation.

mpearce
05-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Hey evryone...

When are all the thursday folks getting in? I'd like to get a good ballpark time as to when I should show up. Is everyone headed to Barrys house, hotel? Let me know.

-Mat

MM03MOK
05-19-2005, 05:52 AM
Planning on hooking up with Dan in Toledo around 1300, stopping for lunch, then travel time to the hotel to check in. Maybe 4ish at the hotel?

UPDATE: We won't be leaving Mt. Clemens until after 11am, so times have shifted a bit. Heading to Trilogy from here and then heading south.

Bluerauder
05-19-2005, 06:51 AM
RAID ON THE ROCK HALL 2005

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/627Rock_Hall1edit.jpg?90

MAY 19-22, 2005

[center][color=black]
To all those making the trip today and tomorrow to the Eastern Annual Meet at Cruztaker's, have a safe trip and enjoy !!! :up: Keep us posted on the activities so we can enjoy the experience remotely. :D

:party:

I would have liked to make this one .... unfortunately the work schedule just did not cooperate. :(

CRUZTAKER
05-19-2005, 07:26 AM
I just finished mowing and blowing....:rolleyes:

The Vic is currently at the station up the road. I discovered ANOTHER fuel leak last night.
It will be fixed today.

I am now off to pickup all the remaining stuff for the meet, and will be out most of the afternoon. Grandma is here with Gage today, and only making one quick run to the library.

I'll leave the house open and alarm sys off if anyone stops by before I get back. Just make yourself at home.

Excited to see everyone!

Hack Goby
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
:alone: Well my date fell through.She was 99% sure she could make it but that damn 1% sure enough poped up.I guess right now if it wasn`t for bad luck I would have no luck at all.But I WILL be there and I WILL have a good time.I will be there early Saturday but the way I feel now I just might show up for Drag racing friday nite and take it out on the car! :depress:

MarauderMark
05-19-2005, 01:48 PM
To all those making the trip today and tomorrow to the Eastern Annual Meet at Cruztaker's, have a safe trip and enjoy !!! :up: Keep us posted on the activities so we can enjoy the experience remotely. :D

:party:

I would have liked to make this one .... unfortunately the work schedule just did not cooperate. :(

My sentiments as well..Except for the last part is no car to come there with again maybe next year..

MERCMAN
05-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Well we are here and waiting for Bob and Mary. less than 5 hrs AND I used just a liitle over 3/4 of a tank for 325 miles :up: Weather was rain most of the way :( Hotel is GREAT!!! Kudos to Barry for his choice. Awaiting the arrival of Haggis and Ladyhawke later today!!

Big Joe P
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Mercman gets around..... See everyone tomorrow afternoon..

Rider90
05-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Bad news...

Sorry guys, if it was one more week away I could pull it off :(

Have fun ya'll

MERCMAN
05-19-2005, 03:06 PM
mary and bob just arrived!! WOW nice job on the S/C install!!

Let the party begin :)

jgc61sr2002
05-19-2005, 03:10 PM
You all have a good time. :) Wish I could be there. :(

CRUZTAKER
05-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Glad to hear you folks are in town already....

Stop bye!;)

SergntMac
05-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Bad news...Sorry guys, if it was one more week away I could pull it off. Have fun ya'll
Sorry to hear this, you will be missed, Jason.

Zack, BigJoeP and I are all set for our 7 AM departure tomorrow morning. With the time zone adjustment, we should arrive by noon Cleveland time. I'll touch base with someone when we pull in.

Haggis
05-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Well we took our time and hardly exceeded the speed limit. Got here in about 7hrs made a stop or two on the way. Did not have any rain until we crossed into Ohio. We met Bob at the hotel and then met Barry and the rest of the gang at the restraunt. Sat under an old Corvette and had a couple of beers. Tomorrow the part begins...:woohoo:

SergntMac
05-20-2005, 04:10 AM
Pulling out of here soon, see y'all this afternoon.

CRUZTAKER
05-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Appears dreary outside now, but it will get better as the day pushes on....I promise!;)

Hey Matt...how'd you like my unintentional DRIFTING in the rain on the highway last night?

I pushed it to 70 to pass you and the rear broke loose. OMG I was shattin' my pants. The front was all that grabbed and I steered though what felt like an endless, uncontrollable fishtail... I thinking guard rail kill for sure.

I will NEVER push that car like that in the rain again. NEVER!:o

mpearce
05-20-2005, 04:37 AM
Appears dreary outside now, but it will get better as the day pushes on....I promise!;)

Hey Matt...how'd you like my unintentional DRIFTING in the rain on the highway last night?

I pushed it to 70 to pass you and the rear broke loose. OMG I was shattin' my pants. The front was all that grabbed and I steered though what felt like an endless, uncontrollable fishtail... I thinking guard rail kill for sure.

I will NEVER push that car loke that in the rain again. NEVER!:o

Oh yeah man...I hammered down too when I saw you go to pass and as soon as I hit 3,500 rpm my rears broke loose as well..but no where near as bad as you! Nice bit of driving there Barry to get that thing under control. Believe it or not, I was impressed with how well my DR's actually did in the rain. However, this was only the second time my car has seen rain...ever...so I doubt I'll be having any more problems. See everyone in an hour!

-Mat

Bluerauder
05-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Sat under an old Corvette and had a couple of beers. Tomorrow the party begins...:woohoo:
Must have been a "short" beer !!! :rofl: :beer:

SergntMac
05-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Zack, BigJoeP and I are all set for our 7 AM departure tomorrow morning. With the time zone adjustment, we should arrive by noon Cleveland time. I'll touch base with someone when we pull in.
Ummm...Update?

We got to Cleveland just a tad later than my anticipated "noon" arrival, because we had a few unexpected "delays" to deal with along the way. More on that another time, eh?

Meanwhile, as it is expressed here from time to time, we have "been there, done that". Zack, BigJoeP, and I are all safely back home in Chicagoland y'all, just in case y'all Easterners are still sitting around the campfire and reading these jokes we call posts. OMG, what has been added the last 24 hours! Anyway...

Almost a perfect 5 hour drive home. Sorry, no drama, or, comedy to report to y'all, just some very impressive OTR "times." BTW, I have to say that Zack is a premeir and ultimate "point man" for any OTR drive. And, if I may say so myself, I am an ideal "tail gunner". Hehehe...Once again, "another time" on this?

OMG! What a great weekend! Okay, maybe we didn't stay the w h o l e weekend, but it was still a great time for us! Great overnight? Catching up with best friends in the flesh, making more new friends face to face, lots of good laughs, delicious food and drink, and a surprise birthday too! Can it get any better? IMHO...NO!

Y'all...Anytime any of y'all get a chance to meet up with another MM owner, whether it be something as simple as a one-on-one "burger after work", or, something as complicated as managing a weekend "drive in from out of town" OTR thingy with so many others involved, just close your eyes and click your heels while saying out loud three times..."I'm going, I'm going, I'm going". Then go.

You won't be sorry, nor will you go home hungry. Hungry for food, drink, or, good friends. Maybe you'll pick up a dash plaque for your collection too?

Jim...You were deeply missed. You are our "life's blood", and you are in all or our prayers. God's speed. Whomever comes together under this banner of us "Eastern" folks, to participate in our "raids" on specific territories, you are our Marshall. Best wishes my dear friend.

Oh yeah, there was some other MM stuff too. Some legal drag racing at a local hobby track where we left behind some new awareness and certain impression on MM drag racing performance, along with some impulsive burnouts (at the owner's desire), some car washing, some waxing, and both with vinegar to taste?

I heard a rumor about something that involved "state police", but I'm not sure...Did I mention lots of delicious food, and some very serious 30 year old single malt?

Seriously now...I want to express my deepest appreciation to Barry, Jessica, and Gage, for opening their home, and their hearts to us. This was a perfect weekend and their hospitality (and Ohio's weather) cannot be improved upon. On the heels of our Windy City's best ever "chicken run", comes the a "best ever" Regional meet, IMHO. This is the third time now, that this collection of Marauder owners have come together (some traveling hundreds of miles to get here) just to sit down together at the dinner table and trade lies.

This meet would not have been possible without the hospitality of Barry, Jessica and Gage, nor would it have been so successful without the endless influence of Mary, Bob, Dan, Sherry, Dennis, Shelia, Gordon, Chris, Matt, Heather...

Ummm...If I didn't mention your name, it does not mean I didn't enjoy seeing you again, or, meeting you for the for the first time. Sorry I'm an "older" model now, only 64K of memory. But, I loved seeing y'all, and spending time with you.

It's not a question when I say "we will do this again". We will be together again and soon, maybe just a different address? No Kool Aid, eh?

Until then, thank you all.

Please be safe in your return drives home.

Hack Goby
05-22-2005, 05:01 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/Mac_1.jpgYes Mac,Barry and Jessie sure know how to do it right.I want to thank them for putting together yet another great Eastern meet.Even though I didn`t get to drag race friday nite it was awsome to come down for the day and hang out with my Marauder family.

Big Joe P
05-22-2005, 05:11 AM
So we stop for gas somewhere.. I get out of my car, start filling up, walk back to Mac's car and he says "thanks a lot Joe" he's pissed. "for what?" I say... he points to his grill, and the middle 8 teeth are knocked out. One of my KOOK's cats had been rattling for a couple days, and at one point during our drive on the tollway, I punched the gas at 70MPH. Well..... my cat isn't rattling anymore. The innards blew out like a tennis ball, straight from my Meg tip, smack-dab into Mac's grill................ BULLS-EYE.... DIRECT HIT.... sorry Mac, I wasn't aiming....

Hack Goby
05-22-2005, 05:30 AM
Big Joe,I know you guys have another storie about getting to Barry`s but I will let you guys tell it if you choose.It was great hooking up with with you,Zack,and Mac on the way home.Thats the fastest I ever got back to I-75 doing the speed limit :D http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/Big_Joe_P.jpg

CRUZTAKER
05-22-2005, 12:28 PM
It almost makes me teary eyed....;)

What a blast again.

Just imagine if we ALL tore down our walls for a few days several times a year and just hung out with a common union.

:beer:

Zack
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Good seeing everyone, We had a great time.
Cant wait to do it again.
I wouldnt be surprised if a mini meet is held at my Moms house this summer. Any interest?

Daily 03
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Nellie and I want Thank Barry, Jessica, and Gage for inviting us to such a great event again.

The hospitality, great food, and the opportunity to socialize with some of the greatest Marauder people in the nation is incredible.

Barry used his Farmers Almanac again and choose the best weekend of the month. Good job Barry.

I also want to thank Haggis for halting traffic on Wallings Road so that this senior citizen could safely cross without the fear of getting run over.

Hope to see all of you fine folks at other events this year.

Dale

pantheroc
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
What a blast!!

What a day, wish I had dedicated the whole week to the get together. Better late than never to meet such a great group of people (oh...and Marauder enthusiasts).

THANK YOU Cruz and J for having us, the food/beverages and hospitality couldn't be beat. The test drive was unbelievable, I think my wife crushed your Jesus handle.?.

Dennis thank you for the great stories and advice. Thanks to everyone for the information overload, advice and tips. I couldn't ask for more!

MM03MOK
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Just a few brief comments, with more to come once the SuperBlackBird brings us safely home tomorrow.

I tell ya, looking longingly forward to this Meet helped get some of us through the worst Winter in many a year. As the snow amounts neared 90", I never thought it would melt! Well, the snow did melt (we'll surely have another drought this summer) and it was time to head to Cleveland, this time in our own black chariot.

To all my friends, both best, lifelong and new - thank you for another memorable gathering!

Bear, Jessy and Gage are hosts extraordinaire! Every detail covered with precision. The food, beverages, haggis and 30 yr old scotch, birthday surprises, beautiful yard, toasty pool, entertainment, dash plaques, CraftyPoke Industries MM.Net calling cards, bonfire, storytelling, drag racing, Rock Hall, HOB, burnouts, power washer vinegar rinses, wash boy......if you weren't there, you missed a magical moment with great friends. We hope you can join us next time. A special :wave: to my dear friend Jim....woof!!

Jerry and Diane! So glad you made it! A pleasure, for sure! Mark - nice to meet you and thanks for hanging with us the whole time. Kirt & Carol, Mary & Larry Pearce, Nate, Tristan, Leslie, Gilbert....I didn't get to meet everyone - it's great putting faces to screen names and making new friends.

Bear, Jess, Gage, Mac, Dan & Cheri, Gordon & Chris, Paul, Zack & Lynn, Joe & Kim, Dale & Nellie, Sheila & Dennis, Ken, Heather & Mat - a real treat seeing you all again!

Sounds like a plan, Zack! A special thanks to you for bringing in the SuperBlackBird's best time of the night at Dragway 42!!

< she said she was going to be brief!! >
OK....OK....more to come later! Luv you all! :bunny2:

CRUZTAKER
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
What a blast!!
Jerry,

Very cool to have another local to follow us around.

I love your windows by the way.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/EAM-III_123.jpg

MERCMAN
05-23-2005, 07:28 AM
I am still in awe. Barry and Jessica have perfected the art of a party. I have never seen such beautiful landscaping in anyones yard!! Eden, thy name is Glasner's :) From the moment we arrived it was non-stop fun. Dinner Thursday was great, the R&R hall of fame was WAY cool. The lunch at the HOB was made even more special by the arrival of the Windy City crew. If I had to have one highlight that really "stuck out" from the whole weekend(and there were many) it would have to be the faces of the people in Cleveland when 10 big black cars roared around donwtown. The reverb from the buildings was phenominal.

As far as the party,, all I can say is "Martha Stewart, you might as well go back to prison, cause you can't hold a candle to Barry and Jess" The choices of food and drink rivaled a mid-evil feast. Met lots of new people and put a lot faces to names. It is always good to see Dennis and Shiela, Bob and Mary, Gordon and Chris. Met a lot of the locals , Mark, Ken, Jerry, Dale and to those I missed, forgive me, the heat from Barry's enormus grill has affected my memory :rofl:

Jim, you wer missed and always in our thoughts. I hope those who missed this event will consider attending next year, as it is really a "don't miss" event

Thanks to Barry, Jess, and Gage for being the perfect hosts. The Hampton Inn was A+++.:up:

Bluerauder
05-23-2005, 07:32 AM
I hope those who missed this event will consider attending next year, as it is really a "don't miss" event.
Yep .... sorry I missed this year's party. :(

MM03MOK
05-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Is anyone that's coming to the drag strip bringing a video camera??? I would love to capture a few of my runs down the 1320. Did anyone videotape any runs?

Hack Goby
05-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Did anyone videotape any runs?
Mary,Chris had video of that Bentley that ran there so most likely she has video of the rest of the gang.

CRUZTAKER
05-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey Hack....that new avitar of yours makes you appear as....as....

clergy...:P

Hack Goby
05-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Hey Hack....that new avitar of yours makes you appear as....as....

clergy...:P
The Reverend Horton Hack :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Haggis
05-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Did anyone videotape any runs?
Yes we have some of the runs from that evening, just don't know how to convert them from tape to digital.

martyo
05-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Yes we have some of the runs from that evening, just don't know how to convert them from tape to digital.

If you want and can give it to me on a VCR tape, I can run the tape into my DVR and give you back a DVD. The files might be large though.

Let me know if I can help.

merc
05-30-2005, 07:21 AM

Call me, I have a analog digital converter for my Mac. I could do the whole process on my laptop to include burning the DVD. A free dinner for two is what it takes.
:banana:

CRUZTAKER
05-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Call me, I have a analog digital converter for my Mac. I could do the whole process on my laptop to include burning the DVD. A free dinner for two is what it takes.
:banana:
I have one of Merc's DVD's and I can attest that they are done well. ;)