PDA

View Full Version : Traded MM on a new Towncar yesterday

bryanknie
02-21-2005, 05:23 AM
Guys, traded mine in yesterday at Holman Pines. Everything runs/works good, no wrecks, always maintained, minior paint scratches from carwash, complete with Flowmaster 40's, Supertuner and JLT. Basically a 45K car that was used not abused on business with a lot road of trips to Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa etc. Nothing a good dealer detail will not fix, Manager stated they will sell this as a certified car, which will have a 75K warranty included.

See Rick Massey and tell him I sent you. PM if you are interested and I can tell you what the dealer paid me.

RoyLPita
02-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Sorry that you traded your MM in. Regardless, you are still part of this site, MM or not. See you at Tower shops??

Cobra25
02-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear you traded it in, but those new Town Cars are nice. Even though you traded your Marauder in your still a member of our group. We have our monthly meet this friday, stop by if you can.

hitchhiker
02-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Guys, traded mine in yesterday at Holman Pines. Everything runs/works good, no wrecks, always maintained, minior paint scratches from carwash, complete with Flowmaster 40's, Supertuner and JLT. Basically a 45K car that was used not abused on business with a lot road of trips to Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa etc. Nothing a good dealer detail will not fix, Manager stated they will sell this as a certified car, which will have a 75K warranty included.

See Rick Massey and tell him I sent you. PM if you are interested and I can tell you what the dealer paid me.

When do the mods start on the Town Car?

:D

bryanknie
02-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Already have an appointment tomorrow with Sound Advice to have the DVD player installed for the kids. Had the dealer throw in extended 6 year 75 K warranty, chrome wheel well mouldings and oil changes to 36K.

merc406
02-21-2005, 11:08 AM
If it's still for sale latter this year after our move to florida, we may pick it up. No tranny problems?

bryanknie
02-21-2005, 11:10 AM
No Tranny problems. I did have the fluid changed, I think at 25K just for good measure. This will show on the Oasis report.

bryanknie
02-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear you traded it in, but those new Town Cars are nice. Even though you traded your Marauder in your still a member of our group. We have our monthly meet this friday, stop by if you can.

I am sure I will see you guys, I am due for a cruise in the old truck. March 13th is the all Model A show on Las Olas Riverfront, stop by there, I will have the 1928 Roadster there, we will have about 40 cars on display.

merc406
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM
No Tranny problems. I did have the fluid changed, I think at 25K just for good measure. This will show on the Oasis report.

10-4, thanks.

bryanknie
02-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Some one elso also traded in a Black MM, the day previous or the dealer bought it at auction as it was not cleaned up yet. This makes 2 on the lot including mine. Dont know the exact conditon, year or miles on the other one.

Cobra25
02-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Some one elso also traded in a Black MM, the day previous or the dealer bought it at auction as it was not cleaned up yet. This makes 2 on the lot including mine. Dont know the exact conditon, year or miles on the other one.The other Black one is sold. Some guy bought it the same day it came in.. They do have a Red 04 their, mileage is high for a 04 but in nice shape.

bryanknie
02-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Sold the same day? That explains why they were so easy to deal with and why I got a great deal on the Town Car. I guess they figured they could easily move two cars.

I walked in a 3:30 pm Sunday, picked out a new car, made my deal by 4:00 with just a hand shake with the Manger and 4:45 I was driving off in a new Town Car.

Cobra25
02-21-2005, 06:08 PM
When I was their around 11:30 -12 noon the salesman told us that now they can't keep them on the lot. He said alot of people want one now and they sell quick.

jgc61sr2002
02-21-2005, 07:12 PM
bryan - Sorry to see the Marauder go. :( Good luck with the Town Car. :D

Merc-O-matic
02-21-2005, 08:36 PM
I think I might trade in my 1994 Town Car this year
for a new one. I hear in 2007 the Town Car is
going away...and the new platform will be
front wheel drive....ugh.
What color did you get? options? What do you like about it?
what don't you like?
Thanks, AL :)

MENINBLK
02-22-2005, 02:07 AM
When I was their around 11:30 -12 noon the salesman told us that now they can't keep them on the lot. He said alot of people want one now and they sell quick.

FHP is buying all the Marauders they can find.
You will have an easier time finding a Marauder out of state...

bryanknie
02-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Bought the Steel Blue, or is it gun metal Blue? Anyhow it is blue, darker than baby blue and lighter than the MM blue. Off white leather interior, Signature Series, has it all, everthing the MM had and then some like dual climate control, memory seats/mirrors even dual exhaust. The MM was sporty, this is plush, smoother and quieter (I dont know if quieter is nececsarily an upgrade).

My 4th Town car, like everthing about it but after putting 45K on the MM the TC does seem to be missing something when you put your foot in it. Two different cars they are both nice. I will miss the looks I got in the MM and all the thumbs up signs.

Two years ago I went to trade my 2001 TC for another TC untill I saw the MM there and said "what is it", anyhow a "quick" test drive later I bought the MM.

SilverStreak
02-22-2005, 05:35 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with a TC.:) Congrats and good luck with it.

bryanknie
02-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Update,

Found out my car was sold in less than 24 hours.

OK who bought it? Anyone here? I may want to come visit now and then.

Bryan

RoyLPita
03-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Update. I guess the deal fell through. It is in the Auto Trader for $23999.

bryanknie
03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Yep, I saw it on the Dealer lot Sunday when I drove by. They are crazy, I orignally only paid 28K for the car 2 years ago! Now with 45K miles for $24K?

Anyhow they gave me $17K for trade in, plus I got a whole bunch off the Towncar sticker price. If someone wants it, offer them 17K and see what happens. Should be able to pick it up for no more than 17500.

I does have the JLT, supertuner and Flowmasters. Dealer did put new tires all the way around and wash it. When I traded it, I was running 40 lbs of air pressure all the way around with 10K on the rears and 20K on the fronts no bad wear patterns, I would have gotten another 10K out of boths pairs. I did have an alignment performed at 25K, car had regular oil changes, transmission serviced etc. I just drive a lot of miles as I am in sales. Nothing mechanically wrong, everthing was running and working great, some minor door dings from parking all over Miami and some carwash scratches where one local carwash seem to treat it badly. I am sure in 2 years I will be trading the Towncar back. Maybe there will be a new MM in 2007?

It was good to see you guys on Friday, I did stop by tower, had my old truck there. Loved Corbra25's new setup!!!!!!

Bryan

RoyLPita
03-07-2005, 12:20 PM
What ever happened with the car wash damage???

bryanknie
03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Still on the car, just little tiny paint nicks, hard to see. They have not done a thing to it but wash it. When underwarranty, it seemed like I was always in the shop for minor stuff, about 12 times. Anyhow the last 20K miles were uneventfull.

PM me with you number, I will call you and give you every detail.

Bryan

RoyLPita
03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Yep, I saw it on the Dealer lot Sunday when I drove by. They are crazy, I orignally only paid 28K for the car 2 years ago! Now with 45K miles for $24K?

Anyhow they gave me $17K for trade in, plus I got a whole bunch off the Towncar sticker price. If someone wants it, offer them 17K and see what happens. Should be able to pick it up for no more than 17500.

I does have the JLT, supertuner and Flowmasters. Dealer did put new tires all the way around and wash it. When I traded it, I was running 40 lbs of air pressure all the way around with 10K on the rears and 20K on the fronts no bad wear patterns, I would have gotten another 10K out of boths pairs. I did have an alignment performed at 25K, car had regular oil changes, transmission serviced etc. I just drive a lot of miles as I am in sales. Nothing mechanically wrong, everthing was running and working great, some minor door dings from parking all over Miami and some carwash scratches where one local carwash seem to treat it badly. I am sure in 2 years I will be trading the Towncar back. Maybe there will be a new MM in 2007?

It was good to see you guys on Friday, I did stop by tower, had my old truck there. Loved Corbra25's new setup!!!!!!

Bryan

The DTR that is on the lot has 33k and the want $29995!!!! OASIS did not look good on it either.