PDA

View Full Version : BAP information ?

FordNut
02-21-2005, 06:42 AM
I wonder where the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump mounts as specified in the Trilogy kit, how the wiring is routed, and where the wiring connects. Some pics would be nice. I am installing some more mods on my car and would like to reserve the spot for a BAP so that I can keep it at least a little bit consistent with other cars. Not sure if I'll need the BAP with the twin Cobra pumps but what if I build the bottom end, etc....

BillyGman
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
I wonder where the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump mounts as specified in the Trilogy kit, how the wiring is routed, and where the wiring connects. Some pics would be nice. I am installing some more mods on my car and would like to reserve the spot for a BAP so that I can keep it at least a little bit consistent with other cars. Not sure if I'll need the BAP with the twin Cobra pumps but what if I build the bottom end, etc....Maybe you can obtain some info from Kenne Belle about that, or perhaps the instructions that come with the "Boost-A-Pump" fuel pump amplifier will explain. However, incase it doesn't give you enough specific info about this, below are five pics that I've taken from the Trilogy installation manual. I hope this helps you out with your project. Shoot me a PM if there's anything else I can do to help.But quite frankly, I don't see why you're asking about this if you have the duel Cobra pumps as you've stated. I didn't think that you would ever need a Kenne Belle BAP fuel pump amplifier with the Cobra pumps unless you planned on 10 second Marauder. And if that's the case, then you'll need to be concerned with a whole lot more than just fuel delivery.

FordNut
02-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Maybe you can obtain some info from Kenne Belle about that, or perhaps the instructions that come with the "Boost-A-Pump" fuel pump amplifier will explain. However, incase it doesn't give you enough specific info about this, below are five pics that I've taken from the Trilogy installation manual. I hope this helps you out with your project. Shoot me a PM if there's anything else I can do to help.But quite frankly, I don't see why you're asking about this if you have the duel Cobra pumps as you've stated. I didn't think that you would ever need a Kenne Belle BAP fuel pump amplifier with the Cobra pumps unless you planned on 10 second Marauder. And if that's the case, then you'll need to be concerned with a whole lot more than just fuel delivery.
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. So it has a sense wire going to the boost gauge? What pin does it connect to? I assume it is an Autometer gauge?

I just want to cover all the bases. I am planning on about 500 RWHP first, then when I build up an engine for it I'll probably go for more. I didn't know where it was commonly mounted and I'm planning some additions that will take up a good bit of the console space. If it went in there, I would have needed to re-think some things.

BillyGman
02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Fordnut,here are four more pages from the Trilogy installation manual about this......Now you know why I often rave so much about this installation manual that Trilogy Motorsports includes with their S/Cer kits. Pics like these along with the easy to follow instructions are on atleast 80% of the 140 page manual, and they're in a loose leaf binder, so they can be taken out and replaced at any time.

Effster
02-21-2005, 07:52 PM
fordnut,you are wasting your time with the boost-a-pump.Its maxing out the stock fuel pump right now with the superchargers available.About 450 rwhp is its limit.Just go ahead and do the dual cobra pumps and be done with it.Whatever you do in the future powerwise, they can handle it

FordNut
02-21-2005, 07:59 PM
fordnut,you are wasting your time with the boost-a-pump.Its maxing out the stock fuel pump right now with the superchargers available.About 450 rwhp is its limit.Just go ahead and do the dual cobra pumps and be done with it.Whatever you do in the future powerwise, they can handle it
From what I've been reading on the Cobra forums, they're either switching to the twin Focus pumps or adding the BAP to the twin Cobra pumps when they get to about 600 RWHP or so.

Effster
02-21-2005, 08:02 PM
you are correct

BillyGman
02-22-2005, 04:40 AM
From what I've been reading on the Cobra forums, they're either switching to the twin Focus pumps or adding the BAP to the twin Cobra pumps when they get to about 600 RWHP or so.That's why i previously commented about you noy needing the BAP with the twin cobra pumps uness you're planning on a 10 second Marauder.

BTW, it's good to see you around here again Jeff! ;)

FordNut
02-22-2005, 07:15 AM
That's why i previously commented about you noy needing the BAP with the twin cobra pumps uness you're planning on a 10 second Marauder.

BTW, it's good to see you around here again Jeff! ;)
I don't really relate to times as much as HP. I don't plan on a 10 sec Marauder. If I ever get quicker than 11.5, I'll add weight to slow it down because I don't want to add a roll bar.

BillyGman
02-22-2005, 07:37 AM
I don't want to add a roll bar. I don't blame you.

Dennis Reinhart
02-22-2005, 07:37 AM
I wonder where the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump mounts as specified in the Trilogy kit, how the wiring is routed, and where the wiring connects. Some pics would be nice. I am installing some more mods on my car and would like to reserve the spot for a BAP so that I can keep it at least a little bit consistent with other cars. Not sure if I'll need the BAP with the twin Cobra pumps but what if I build the bottom end, etc....
I put them in the back next to the inertia switch