PDA

View Full Version : Thread closings

JamesHecker
02-17-2003, 12:29 AM
I was glad Bill asked about the closing of threads. The thread he had mentioned had me confused as to why it was closed. I thought I was just naive and was missing the inflammatory nature of the comments.
Logan's explaination; "With the thread you mention, you didn't see some of the thread because portions of it were removed or edited. " made me understand that I wasn't missing the point, it just wasn't there any more!

LincMercLover
02-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Damn fella's! I leave ya'll here for a weekend (vacation) and come back to a mess! I tell ya, when Daddy leaves home no tellin' what the kids do! ;) :D

TAF
02-17-2003, 12:55 PM
RF called Big Dog a :censor:...
Then Stanley threatened to sue when Directedby said :censor: you...
Then mensrea reminded everybody once again he had the fasted :censor: Marauder on the whole site...
Then Sarge wrote a 3 page novel telling everyone to go :censor: themselves...
RC answered the rumor as to whether he is actually "Sherriff" and told us ALL to go to :censor:
Then Willie chimed in and said a prayer for us ALL...

It was a MESS!!!

:lol:

gja
02-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Eeeeeek, whatamess

martyo
02-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Notice how Todd didn't mention the minor detail that he sold the book and movie rights to the whole mess?

LincMercLover
02-17-2003, 03:43 PM
OMG! ROTFLMAO! Well, since most of you are too big for a spanking (that and I think that'd be more punishment for my lap than anything), I'll trust you all go stand in the corner and think about what you've done here, and make sure it doesn't happen again!

Todd,

So, now you're going to be joining me and UncleLar in federal? Least now I'm getting some protection! :D

WolfeBros
02-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Dang it guys......I told you he would be back on Monday.

Oh Hi LML.....missed ya bud !

Logan
02-17-2003, 06:24 PM
At least you're not seeing what's getting sent to me in e-mails... I'm getting brow-beaten over the head by multiple lawyers and one county judge citing supreme court decisions.

I look at it this way. It's like watching TV, don't like what you're watching, change the damn channel.

As for this TV station, please feel free to continue the condescending bull**** via email and I'll happily ensure that the first thing everyone sees is a blank page when they hit this site.

F***ing ridiculous bull****.

Yes, this has me pissed off. This is EXACTLY why I close threads early, so that CRAP like this doesn't get bloody started.

I'm going away now.

Logan
02-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Damn, I should really moderate my own response... Naw...I'll let it fly.

gja
02-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Oh my....We need to lighten up. When a FREE and OPEN site generates problems for the folks running it that is surely a no-no. I have dumped sites for less.

I certainly hope some apologies are sent. The last thing owning a car should cause is anger. We need to keep things in perspectives folks.

Logan
02-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Well said GJA. I run this site on my time and my dime. People need to understand that I'm not obligated to put up with the crap.

martyo
02-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Logan: We got your back 110%!!

JamesHecker
02-17-2003, 07:05 PM
This is the best message board I have ever been a part of. It is informative, entertaining and everything about it is first class. It is a real shame that anyone would show anything but appreciation for what you do here Logan. I pray that "the few don't ruin it for the many" here!

The vast majority here appreciate what you've created here. Please don't let the few others lessen your enthusiasm this great site!

Thanks!

jgc61sr2002
02-17-2003, 07:23 PM
What James said. Logan remember whatever you do you can't satisfy everyone. I think you have a 99.9% positive rating by the members of this board. Thanks again Logan. John :)

Billatpro
02-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Well damn, I'm truley sorry for starting this mess. Man this is like spitting in hot grease! This thing seems to be snowballing out control.

I never intended or dreamed that thinking out loud would cause this kind of problem. Good God!!!!!

TAF
02-17-2003, 07:36 PM
I was just joking above and trying to have some fun. And, I don't think I've sent you a PM or email in 6 months so I hope your frustrations are not directed at me.

Please let me know if they are, and if your frustration is directed my way, please let me apologize right now in front of everyone.

Just trying to add a little levity to a situation that, I agree, was getting close to being out of hand.

And...if not directed at me...I hope whatever or whomever has gotten you this upset will cease and desist before anything "rash" happens.

LincMercLover
02-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Anyone who has problems with this site can take them up with me. I have just about as much control as Logan does (except the little delete account button, oh the vivid dreams I've had ;) ) over the site, and if there are ANY problems, feel free to take them up with me. Logan doesn't need it. Anything major has my garuntee to be directed to the "big guy." He has enoph worries with keeping the site up to date and paid for. Any "he said she said" BS needs to come my way, cause I have the time to deal with it.

I feel for ya Logan. I don't see ya on here as much and when you are on here I know you've gotta be flooded with just about everything. I'm doin' my best buddy!

WolfeBros
02-17-2003, 09:42 PM
Logan,
Don't let the bastages beat you down. You have by far the best site and bulletin board I have ever seen or participated in on the web.
The overall quality of the site and the people here speak volumes about the man that runs it. You can take great pride in what you have built.
I hope you continue to stay with it and us. As far as the others.......if they don't like it here or how it is run.......there is a whole internet for them to cruise on the way out.

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Wolfe - Well said. John:D

cyclone03
02-18-2003, 07:34 AM
Send Lawyers,Guns and Money......................