PDA

View Full Version : New Flowmaster "Super 40"

Rider90
02-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Has anyone heard these new mufflers in person yet? I saw the commercial on TV with a car driving by and revving a bit, then about 20 seconds later they introduce the new 40 series muffler aka "Super 40."

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/super40.html

I had 40's on my CV and it sound great on the outside but the drone at 40mph O/D engaged would make your ears bleed. I'm wondering if these new Super 40's have the sound I'm looking for, like the bad-ass sound of a Mustang taking off...I would think we should be able to get that sound as well ;)

Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about them...

SouLRioT
02-23-2005, 12:57 PM
I posted about them some time ago, but no one has had them installed to my knowlage. Once I have some funds freed up I am planning on getting them installed.

Cobra25
02-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I spoke to the owner of Prospect Muffler in Fort Lauderdale Fl. about those mufflers Super 40's. He said the have a deeper sound than the 40 series, and they are loader than the 40 series but alot less drone if none at all. The drone is small only because the mufflers are alot shorter in lenght he stated. I for one havent heard them on any cars as of yet, I'm hoping SoulRiot puts them on his car so I can hear them.

SouLRioT
02-23-2005, 01:44 PM
I'll get them soon enough, but what is that in your signature there???? :burnout:

Cobra25
02-23-2005, 01:50 PM
I'll get them soon enough, but what is that in your signature there???? :burnout: Yes you caught me , I'm putting the K&N Filter back in tommarrow when I pick up my car. :bows:

SouLRioT
02-23-2005, 01:52 PM
I thought you were going to get one of those Air Chargers? I hear they get about 20 RWHPs out of a car like yours.

:hijack:

cbala
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
I have those on my car, with the delete tips... Love them...

-chris

Marauderman
02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
My opinion, although you didn't ask --I think you should try and find an installed pair of Magnaflows and Super 40's and get them side by side and make your call--cause once you chose and then heard the other, you'll always wonder...hummm.....thats why I took so long in getting mine--had to hear both before chosing....yeah..it's difficult to locate and get them together but it's well worth the effort I think if you haven't heard both , as was my case...ok carry on.......Tom

SouLRioT
02-23-2005, 03:27 PM
I agree, but someone has to be first. cbala is the first member that i've seen post about them, where are you located Chris?

Tallboy
02-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Yes you caught me , I'm putting the K&N Filter back in tommarrow when I pick up my car. :bows:
Congratulations, Z! You're gonna love it! By the way-don't change a thing about the way your car sounds-it's perfect.:up:

Cobra25
02-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Congratulations, Z! You're gonna love it! By the way-don't change a thing about the way your car sounds-it's perfect.:up:Thank you Chuck.

metroplex
02-24-2005, 04:48 AM
I looked at the site and the cut-away of the Super 40 looks like a 40 Delta series. The only thing I can think of that would increase the sound (make it louder/deeper but still not drone) would be larger pathways. Note the tri-delta baffle configuration.

IMHO, the Flowmasters still will not outflow Borla/Dynomax Ultra flo mufflers (which are straight through, with perforations and continuous roving fiberglass matting). My Ultra Flo mufflers only drone when they're very cold. After they heat up, there is no drone, and the exhaust is very quiet.

cbala
02-24-2005, 10:43 AM
I live in SI NY, but my car is in Midtown Manhattan everyday at the office.

-chris