PDA

View Full Version : Mods

B-26
02-17-2003, 09:48 AM
For anyone who has installed the 180 t-stat and colder plugs. How much if any improvement?

RF Overlord
02-17-2003, 10:12 AM
B-26...you shouldn't install JUST the plugs and 'stat without a chip...
the plugs will foul, and the lower temp 'stat will provide little performance improvement by itself. You "can" install the chip without the plugs and 'stat (although that's not ideal), but not the other way around...

As Dennis explained it to me, the cooler plugs are to prevent preignition with the more aggressive timing and fuel tables in the chip, not to provide any improvement of their own.

SergntMac
02-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Ditto the big guy, stat and plugs alone is a no-no, they serve to refine the chip's magic. Chip alone is cool, but you're shorting yourself on the fun. Before you order a chip, have an idea about what you're going to do with the gears, speedo correction is chip business too. That's why it all works as a kit.

PS. added after post;

I just read in another thread, that you have a chip from Diablo. I do not recommend that you change stat and plugs with a Diablo chip, they are refinements to the Delta Chip Reinhart programs, and his recommendation is limited to his products alone.