PDA

View Full Version : Flat tire

03marauder
02-25-2005, 08:48 AM
I got a flat yesterday, nice piece of steel punctured the passenger rear. Of course it had to be the rear, it would be too convenient to be the front cause of the different sizes. Call around to find a tire place and of course, no one had the rear oem tire in stock, and no one can get it until next week. Which means I can't really drive the car until i get the tire replaced, and I have to get to work. I was thinking of buying a front tire and mounting that on the other rear rim until I can get a rear tire. It would be a loss of money, but not much else i can do. At least I would have the same size tires on all four corners. Any suggestions?

fastblackmerc
02-25-2005, 09:00 AM
I got a flat yesterday, nice piece of steel punctured the passenger rear. Of course it had to be the rear, it would be too convenient to be the front cause of the different sizes. Call around to find a tire place and of course, no one had the rear oem tire in stock, and no one can get it until next week. Which means I can't really drive the car until i get the tire replaced, and I have to get to work. I was thinking of buying a front tire and mounting that on the other rear rim until I can get a rear tire. It would be a loss of money, but not much else i can do. At least I would have the same size tires on all four corners. Any suggestions?
TIRERACK.com. Our rear size is still $88.00 each. :banana2:

RF Overlord
02-25-2005, 09:14 AM
You could probably rent an economy *****box for a couple of days for less money than buying an unneeded front tire...

03marauder
02-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, except I hate driving economy cars, even for a few days. I might just end up heading to the dealer and getting a loaner, see what they say.

MENINBLK
02-25-2005, 09:40 AM

I thought the spare was the same size as the rears ?

RF Overlord
02-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Negative. Front size on unpolished rim...that's why the owner's manual says not to drive too far with the spare on the rear...the unequal sizes will wear out the Trak-Loc clutches...

wchain
02-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Negative. Front size on unpolished rim...that's why the owner's manual says not to drive too far with the spare on the rear...the unequal sizes will wear out the Trak-Loc clutches...

You know thats what I was thinknig , 235/50R18 right? Check out this MM, on ebay, has a Rear Tire sized spare...........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4529042250&category=6882&sspagename=WDVW

wchain
02-25-2005, 10:02 AM

Call Tire Rack.com and talk to Rocky @ 800.981.3943 X358 tell him Wes At InnovativeInterceptors told you to call. He can ship out overnight or 2 day express......

Marauderman
02-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Call Tire Rack.com and talk to Rocky @ 800.981.3943 X358 tell him Wes At InnovativeInterceptors told you to call. He can ship out overnight or 2 day express......
what he^^^^^^^ says^^^...they're fast and ship it whereever you want....just what you need........

RF Overlord
02-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Check out this MM, on ebay, has a Rear Tire sized spare...........

Looks like that car has the same size tires all around, probably the rear size, since that seems most popular, so it would have a rear-size spare...with 63,xxx on the clock, they've probably been replaced at least once or twice, so the previous owner just kept one of the rear tires for the spare.

jjaguda
02-25-2005, 10:47 AM
There was a recent thread from the dealer. I believe, that mentioned two smaller tires on the read causing the computer to protest.

rumble
02-25-2005, 07:19 PM

Uh, why can't you just put both front tire/wheels on the rear, put the spare
and good rear on the front and drive it for the few days until the new tire arrives.
If it's a 03 without TC the drawback (out side of looks of course)
will be the speedo will be 5% fast.

Am I overthinking this?