PDA

View Full Version : FFW Atlanta coming up Apr 15-17

FordNut
02-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Everybody gonna be ready? Again this year it will be on the same weekend as the ATL Breakfast.

I'm trying to have my widened rear rims and wider tires by then, along with the ported intake. Doubtful if I can get a blower on it that soon.

Gonna start a poll to see about possible attendance numbers.

martyo
02-25-2005, 10:03 PM
I am in and I have some great plans for that weekend.

I am psyched to say the least. If my car isn't running by then I plan on pouring 10 gallons of C16 on it and setting it ablaze in the Team Ford parking lot. If worse comes to worst, it will be the bright spot of my weekend!

TooManyFords
02-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Come hell or high water I'm gonna try to make this one!

John

Bigdogjim
02-26-2005, 05:32 PM

I am psyched to say the least. If my car isn't running by then I plan on pouring 10 gallons of C16 on it and setting it ablaze in the Team Ford parking lot. If worse comes to worst, it will be the bright spot of my weekend!
Trouble in paradise?

Well if the later takes place please post lots of pictures:rofl:

TAF
02-26-2005, 05:44 PM
No trouble...

Just the difference between innovative, ground-breaking design from the ground up..... vs. ripping off and copying.

It takes some time to be original and innovative....any fool can copy.

Oh, yeah...back to the origination of the thread....I'll be there.

jgc61sr2002
02-26-2005, 09:32 PM

Easy Marty. Good things come to those who wait. :D

Glenn
02-27-2005, 04:02 PM
I'll be there on Friday to mainly run the 1/4. My goal is 13.85 with my modest mods and HP. Since I have deceided not to go with the electric water pump and other mods, I will probably not get to my goal of 300 HP this year. But, I can still improve on my et. I sent my rims to Lidio to be widened to improve my traction and simpify my start - punch an GO! No more tire spinning hurting the et off the line. The modified JLT system air flow through the headlight opening will also help. I think Saturday will be too busy to get any real runs in with all the Mustangs. Anyone who would like to join me on Friday is more then welcome. I plan on being there about noon.

Glenn

FordNut
02-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I'll be there on Friday to mainly run the 1/4. My goal is 13.85 with my modest mods and HP. Since I have deceided not to go with the electric water pump and other mods, I will probably not get to my goal of 300 HP this year. But, I can still improve on my et. I sent my rims to Lidio to be widened to improve my traction and simpify my start - punch an GO! No more tire spinning hurting the et off the line. The modified JLT system air flow through the headlight opening will also help. I think Saturday will be too busy to get any real runs in with all the Mustangs. Anyone who would like to join me on Friday is more then welcome. I plan on being there about noon.

Glenn
My plan is Friday and Saturday. Friday is test & tune, run as often as you want, just wait to get back through the staging lanes. Saturday morning should be test time to get your dial-in. Saturday afternoon will be qualification and eliminations on some classes. I believe we can run either Street Ford or True Street classes. The TS involves a 30 mile street drive then drag racing. There will be some 10 second 'stangs in that class, it is quite competitive. The SF class is just plain old bracket racing. That's the class I plan to run in.

All this info is based on my experience at FFW events last year, it may not be totally accurate this year due to rule and schedule changes.

martyo
02-27-2005, 07:32 PM
My plan is Friday and Saturday. Friday is test & tune, run as often as you want, just wait to get back through the staging lanes. Saturday morning should be test time to get your dial-in. Saturday afternoon will be qualification and eliminations on some classes. I believe we can run either Street Ford or True Street classes. The TS involves a 30 mile street drive then drag racing. There will be some 10 second 'stangs in that class, it is quite competitive. The SF class is just plain old bracket racing. That's the class I plan to run in.

All this info is based on my experience at FFW events last year, it may not be totally accurate this year due to rule and schedule changes.

Brian: You are pretty much on the money with your posts. It can get pretty crowded during the Friday Test & Tune. Likewise for the Saturday Test & Tune.

I plan on running in Saturday's True Street event. Expect about 125 or more entries, which may include some 9 second "street" cars. But the way the brackets are set up, everyone has a chance. Plus, if you run in True Street, you are invited to run in the brackets for Sunday.

This is an expensive event, so be prepared.

Go here for more information (forum style): http://forums.funfordevents.com/

and here for general information: http://www.funfordevents.com/ (yes, I know the site s down tonight).

FordNut
02-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Brian: You are pretty much on the money with your posts. It can get pretty crowded during the Friday Test & Tune. Likewise for the Saturday Test & Tune.

I plan on running in Saturday's True Street event. Expect about 125 or more entries, which may include some 9 second "street" cars. But the way the brackets are set up, everyone has a chance. Plus, if you run in True Street, you are invited to run in the brackets for Sunday.

This is an expensive event, so be prepared.

Go here for more information (forum style): http://forums.funfordevents.com/

and here for general information: http://www.funfordevents.com/ (yes, I know the site s down tonight).
Marty,
Are you sure that's the best class for you? I don't believe you will be able to drain water and add ice to your reservoir... Can't even open the hood between the 30 mile cruise and the 3 consecutive passes down the 1/4.

martyo
02-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Marty,
Are you sure that's the best class for you? I don't believe you will be able to drain water and add ice to your reservoir... Can't even open the hood between the 30 mile cruise and the 3 consecutive passes down the 1/4.

The rules have changed!

FordNut
02-27-2005, 09:13 PM
The rules have changed!
I better be reading up on them then.... Thanks!

martyo
02-28-2005, 05:41 AM
I better be reading up on them then.... Thanks!

ALso, I wrote to George Klass of FFW so that I could double echeck on my info. I will let you know what I learn.