PDA

View Full Version : PICNIC APRIL 23rd GRAPEVINE LAKE

cruzer
02-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Well, it's now official, I paid the fee and reserved the Jackson Pavilion at Grapevine Lake for our 2nd semiannual picnic. :) The plans are the same as last October---Colter's BBQ catering, cruise thru Grapevine :banana2: ---spend the evening with the SVT group at the 2005 inagural Chuck's Cruise. I haven't heard anything official from the SVT group about joining us, but they showed considerable interest at Autorama---will contact them this week--I am now planning for the same group as last year---us and the Cougars ---about 20 cars and 30 people. I believe the meals will be the same as last year--- will get a new price this week. Let's make this a regular thing and have some fun. I'll keep you posted and will post maps, etc as the time comes closer. Just giving you a heads up for planning purposes. I'm trying to come up with something for March---any ideas??????, Maury

wsmylie
02-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Hello Texas MM guys... perhaps this is slightly off topic but was going through some stuff I had in a box in my garage yesterday and found a nice, heavy ceramic coffee mug that reads "Charlies's Cafe...Home Cookin'.....Grapevine, Texas". Couldn't help noticing the "Grapevine Lake" name mentioned in the post. Any connection??? Not sure how this cup got into my garage junk here in Ft. Lauderdale though. Thanks... BILL

hdwrench
02-27-2005, 05:10 PM
. I'm trying to come up with something for March---any ideas??????, Maury
as long as it is on a sunday i can probably make it... breakfast, lunch etc

Vortex
03-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Assuming my ass isnt in Saudi, Iraq or some other dump, Im there.

cruzer
03-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Are we having this picnic or not---the $ 110 deposit has been made and is non-refundable---the more we have the less it will cost---I need to have SOME idea of attendance to find meal costs-- O K troops, check-in NOW !!! Maury

MAD-3R's Wife
03-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Maury

Phil and I will be there. Let us know if we need to bring anything.

Tasha

hdwrench
03-05-2005, 06:12 PM
i wont be there. I have to work.

Rollin'Thunder
03-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Are we having this picnic or not---the $ 110 deposit has been made and is non-refundable---the more we have the less it will cost---I need to have SOME idea of attendance to find meal costs-- O K troops, check-in NOW !!! Maury
So far as I know, Kay and I will be there.

rumble
03-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Sorry Maury, I just won't know until later in Apri.

2003 MIB
03-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Two for sure maybe more of the tribe as well.

Redster
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM

Regina & Rod will be there. What do we need to bring?

Johnman
03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Count me in-that was a beautiful location.

Two Hawks
03-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Put me down for two.:D :D

Thanks cruzer, u da man. :2thumbs:

cruzer
04-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Well, it's now official, I paid the fee and reserved the Jackson Pavilion at Grapevine Lake for our 2nd semiannual picnic. :) The plans are the same as last October---Colter's BBQ catering, cruise thru Grapevine :banana2: ---spend the evening with the SVT group at the 2005 inagural Chuck's Cruise. I haven't heard anything official from the SVT group about joining us, but they showed considerable interest at Autorama---will contact them this week--I am now planning for the same group as last year---us and the Cougars ---about 20 cars and 30 people. I believe the meals will be the same as last year--- will get a new price this week. Let's make this a regular thing and have some fun. I'll keep you posted and will post maps, etc as the time comes closer. Just giving you a heads up for planning purposes. I'm trying to come up with something for March---any ideas??????, Maury
It looks like our picnic will be a busy one---the Cougar Club wants to have a judging training session before Noon--I think we should eat at 1 PM like last time--still haven't heard from the SVT group--but all we have to do is order extra meals. Speaking of meals--if anyone wants to bring a veggie or salad, it helps keep the cost of the meals at $ 10 dollars---anyone there last year will attest to the quality and quantity of the food--amortizing the rental cost of the Pavilion, it looks like $ 15/person will just cover expenses--We plan to do the "CruiseDrive" from the park to Chuck's at about 5 PM--with reserved parking places for the entire group--you'll never know how much fun it is until you try it---MAKE PLANS NOW!!!!!! Maury

Vortex
04-04-2005, 07:55 PM
I gotta remember to bring a folding chair to Chucks this time!

Scott
04-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Scratch me off the list Maury. Gonna have to be out of town after all. See ya on the streets.

Scott

BUCKWHEAT
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Maury, Do believe Gina and I can be there! Look forward to it. John

looking97233
04-08-2005, 06:10 AM
I may be able to come. Not sure if I'm still gonna be in the area yet. Would love to meet everybody.

Rod.

Vortex
04-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Just learned today I am working that weekend. Man Im getting tired of this.

cruzer
04-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Scratch me off the list Maury. Gonna have to be out of town after all. See ya on the streets.

Scott
Sorry you can't make it---was looking forward to seeing you again---don't be a stranger--keep up with our activities in this forum---don't work too hard, Maury

cruzer
04-15-2005, 10:03 PM
I attended the Lone Star Cougar Club meeting last night and gave the details of the picnic---they beat me to the posting, so I'll just use their info. I haven't heard from the SVT group if they plan to attend in a group--will attempt again tomorrow. Everything is in place and the food has been ordered, now all we have to do is pray for good weather :help: .It would help a lot if you posted if you are coming--I have to give a final meal count on Friday. Some of the Cougars will be racing Saturday and Sunday at Cherokee Raceway in Rusk and will not be with us---Good Luck, Folks--this event was set up last October and I am sorry for the conflict. I'll open the gates at 10 AM for early arrivals (you can get to the pavilion--not the close parking lot ).Let's start our show season off with a good crowd---see you there------

Looking at the map, the written directions are not too clear, so I'm printing them here:
* The entrance is on FAIRWAY DRIVE, a North turn off Hwy 26
between Grapevine Mills and the new resort hotel
* The sign at the entrance reads "Cowboy Golf Club"
* Proceed 2.6 miles--you cross the dam and then cross the spillway
AFTER you pass the spillway, take the first left turn into Rockledge
Park--go thru the gate and IMMEDIATELY make a left turn and
PARALLEL the levee.
* About .2 miles down the road, JACKSON PAVILION wil be on your
right--Park in marked slots--paved area ONLY
* THE BIG LANDMARK IS A TALL MICROWAVE TOWER right at the entrance.

Hope this helps---SEE YOU THERE, Maury

cruzer
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
So far I have the following people who have said they are attending:
Buckwheats
Mad3Rs
Rollin' Thunders
2003MIBs
Rodsters
Johnman
TwoHawks
cruzer
I have not gotten a number from either the Cougars or the SVT (due to my contact's serious illness, the SVT group was not officially notified until last nite) They are seriously interested, but short notice may be bad news. PLEASE post your intentions soon. Thanks, Maury :banana:

Rollin'Thunder
04-18-2005, 09:39 PM
So far I have the following people who have said they are attending:
Buckwheats
Mad3Rs
Rollin' Thunders
2003MIBs
Rodsters
Johnman
TwoHawks
cruzer
I have not gotten a number from either the Cougars or the SVT (due to my contact's serious illness, the SVT group was not officially notified until last nite) They are seriously interested, but short notice may be bad news. PLEASE post your intentions soon. Thanks, Maury :banana:
Well, due to other commitments, it looks like Kay and I probably won't be able to make it to the picnic after all. :( :bigcry: We may possibly be able to get to Chuck's for the show. Bill

rumble
04-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Nor will I be there. See ya'l in May (at least I hope so!)

2003 MIB
04-19-2005, 05:10 PM
I know how changes in plans frustrates you, Pops- don't take it too hard- you're a one man party anyway- life happens sometimes no matter how well or far in advanced things are planned.

Coli and I will be there before 11:00am with at least one child in tow.*
*If my plane back to DFW doesn't crash and Dr. Tylock doesn't blind me in LASIK surgery Friday.:P

Redster
04-19-2005, 06:42 PM
We will be there, see ya Saturday

cruzer
04-21-2005, 09:58 AM
As of noon, Thursday the count stands like this:8 Marauders= 13 people
3 Cougars= 4 people, 2 SVT= 3 people......Total...13 cars and 20 people--I have 30 meals ordered---DO I CANCEL 10 are we going to have 30 people---gotta know by TONITE !!!!!!!!! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: Maury

Johnman
04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Can't do the picnic this time, will try to make Chuck's. Sorry...

cruzer
05-17-2005, 09:23 PM
I can't believe that 3 weeks have passed since the picnic and I have not posted any info :stupid: --I'll try to remedy that now.
The weather was perfect and folks started showing up very early---"Crowdog" (Chris) drove down from Oklahoma and had a few hours of fishing in by the time I arrived at 10 AM. The food arrived right on schedule and nice and hot. Phil and Tasha (Mad 3R), Chris (Crowdog), Dan and Coli (2003MIB), Greg (?) , Sam and Sam (Two Hawks ), Rod and Regina (Rodster), John and Gina (Buckwheat) and myself brought our Marauders . Pam and Gene, Pat and Ken, Barry, and Ken brought their Cougars and Mike and Kelly brought their Cobra. After we ate, Ken ran his judge's school for the upcoming Cougar Club of America Western Nationals. The 4 Cougars, the Cobra and the 8 Marauders sure looked great in the bright sun light. Now, the bad news---NONE of my photos were acceptable :( ---if anyone has good photos, PLEASE post them. At about 4:30 we left the park and went to Chuck's for the show---boy, am I embarrased :lol: ---I can't remember who joined us at Chuck's and who won there---I believe both Rodster and 300MIB got plaques---Could it have been those crazy lights, Dan??????. I know I had a great day and hope you did too---See you at the Fall Picnic--October 22nd---plan ahead :beer: . Sorry I took so long---will try to do better next time :help: . Hope to see you at the Cougar show Saturday. Maury