PDA

View Full Version : Rings

nexstar7
02-27-2005, 03:52 PM
has anybody thought of club ring? something like a gold ring with a black onyx background with the gods head logo. something really that sets us apart from others. hell, i dont even wear my wedding band. to much $$. this couldnt be that expensive. anybody with a jewelry connection? sorry bad speller.

MarauderMark
02-27-2005, 03:59 PM
has anybody thought of club ring? something like a gold ring with a black onyx background with the gods head logo. something really that sets us apart from others. hell, i dont even wear my wedding band. to much $$. this couldnt be that expensive. anybody with a jewelry connection? sorry bad speller.

As you i cannot wear jewlery either but This is a good idea.Maybe on the side we can put our chapter initials..

nexstar7
02-27-2005, 04:03 PM
all we need is a couple of guys on it and a good fabricator. iam going to keep this car forever as it consumes my life in happyness. why not get a ring!

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I was thinking about a jacket maybe...

Krytin
02-27-2005, 05:01 PM
I need a new set of coasters so I can stop leaving rings on the furniture from cold beverage glasses!

MarauderMark
02-27-2005, 06:28 PM
How about these !!We can all wear them at a meet OH wait better yet we can get em with our chapter on it and wear it at MVIII..Yeah!! :bounce:
Gods heads conversions as well.

jgc61sr2002
02-27-2005, 06:32 PM
How about these !!We can all wear them at a meet OH wait better yet we can get em with our chapter on it and wear it at MVIII..Yeah!! :bounce:

That's cool. :coolman:

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Mark I think your onto somethin.... I am gonig to pry one off Lisa's Villager..

martyo
02-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Check with Todd. He has a ring.....he wears it through his nose though.

:rofl:

MERCMAN
02-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Check with Todd. He has a ring.....he wears it through his nose though.

:rofl:

Is it a Prince Albert??? :rofl:

Bigdogjim
02-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I was thinking about a jacket maybe...
It came with the car.
Only problem is the godheads logo is in the inside :P

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 11:11 PM
It came with the car.
I shoulda seen this one coming! :lol:

STLR FN
02-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Is it a Prince Albert??? :rofl:
Why did you even go there?:puke:

nexstar7
02-28-2005, 06:51 PM
oh, ok i guess no one wants to do it. :D

MENINBLK
03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
How about...

"THE RING OF THE LORDS" ?

Make the Mercury Head the ring, and all of us are the Lords !

"...One RING to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them..."

MENINBLK
03-02-2005, 05:22 PM

We could probably submit a design to those companies that makes rings for schools.
They are setup for customization, and we should be able to get something that would be fairly affordable.

Bluerauder
03-02-2005, 08:18 PM
.... I am gonig to pry one off Lisa's Villager..

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha .... :rofl: I knew it .... a Soccer Mom !!! :lol: Ain't that the same as an old ladies car !!! :D A Villager ... :rolleyes: :eek: :shake:

has anybody thought of club ring?

No interest here ... have never been much into rings. Stopped wearing one on my right hand after almost losing a finger working on a friend's car.

GordonB
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
nexstar7,
On a serious note, I would like a Marauder gold ring to wear. Godshead logo in silver on black onyx set in a gold ring. Yes, I'll take one. What the heck, with 2 MMs, I at least need a matching ring!!!
GordonB

Directedby
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
http://www.emailajoke.com/images/ver4/funny_pics/general/patriot_sb_ring.jpg

MarauderMark
03-03-2005, 06:03 AM
http://www.emailajoke.com/images/ver4/funny_pics/general/patriot_sb_ring.jpg

How about ring , the ones that go across all 4 fingers in big block letters and that necklace on the other page...:up:

DEFYANT
03-03-2005, 08:50 AM
ooooooooo like brass knuckles???????? :)

tbore007
03-03-2005, 02:09 PM
ID like to see a pinky ring..can you say bling bling!

tbore007
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
heres a link http://goldenrodsjewelry.com/ maybe they will do custom work.

TechHeavy
03-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I'd support a ring/jacket/keychain... keychain with a jacket... ring on a keychain... keychain on a jacket.... or... oh... I digress! Whatever you guys decide on, I'll take one!

Dark_Knight7096
03-03-2005, 04:26 PM
It came with the car.

If only i had bought this car new i would definatly have one of those jackets now, i keep up my vigilant eBay search but to no avail, can't find any that would fit my big self :alone: oh well, i still have a leather jacket with me at all times in that car, even if it isn't an authorized "mercury marauder" jacket. A keychain could be a really good idea, while it is true that there are a lot of companies out there that could custom manufacture rings, custom rings tend to be a bit expensive. My highschool ring was around 450 or 500 dollars, i had friends who's rings cost more, i had friends who's rings cost less but it was all in and around the 3-650 dollar region. All highschools have the option of a 99 dollar ring but those rings are made with the really crappy finish with the stock images with the cheapest possible stone in it so i'm not sure how good of quality they could do a 100 dollar ring for us. Keychains could be great because a lot of companies make them specifically for political, commercial, advertising, or fundraising purposes so i'm sure a company could be located and i don't see a keychain costing too much. There are some dealer keychains that i have seen cost 20 or 30 dollars but i've yet to see one higher than that.
Ok my bored idle rant is done, we now return you to your regularly sheduled posters.

nexstar7
03-03-2005, 05:50 PM
gee, i thought it was a good idea. well, i want a all platinum ring with a onyk stone and the gods head in silver or platinum. so what do you think and do we have a conection?

MENINBLK
03-03-2005, 07:14 PM
I want a ring like this...
http://goldenrodsjewelry.com/motor_rings/images/hemi%20ruby%20ring/hemi%20ruby%20ring%20sm.jpg
And the Valve Covers got to say POWERED BY FORD ! :rofl:

All kidding aside, we could make a ring, with a stone that matches our vehicle's color,
put the MERCURY MARAUDER inscription around the base of the stone in the gold,
add a Mercury God's head to one side of the ring, and maybe Martyo's picture to the other ?

MarauderMark
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I want a ring like this...
http://goldenrodsjewelry.com/motor_rings/images/hemi%20ruby%20ring/hemi%20ruby%20ring%20sm.jpg
And the Valve Covers got to say POWERED BY FORD ! :rofl:

I want one with a Supercharger.or on the side S/C:up:

nexstar7
03-03-2005, 07:36 PM
thanks tboreoo7 i just sent them a e-mail

jgc61sr2002
03-03-2005, 08:01 PM
If only i had bought this car new i would definatly have one of those jackets now, i keep up my vigilant eBay search but to no avail, can't find any that would fit my big self :alone: oh well, i still have a leather jacket with me at all times in that car, even if it isn't an authorized "mercury marauder" jacket. A keychain could be a really good idea, while it is true that there are a lot of companies out there that could custom manufacture rings, custom rings tend to be a bit expensive. My highschool ring was around 450 or 500 dollars, i had friends who's rings cost more, i had friends who's rings cost less but it was all in and around the 3-650 dollar region. All highschools have the option of a 99 dollar ring but those rings are made with the really crappy finish with the stock images with the cheapest possible stone in it so i'm not sure how good of quality they could do a 100 dollar ring for us. Keychains could be great because a lot of companies make them specifically for political, commercial, advertising, or fundraising purposes so i'm sure a company could be located and i don't see a keychain costing too much. There are some dealer keychains that i have seen cost 20 or 30 dollars but i've yet to see one higher than that.
Ok my bored idle rant is done, we now return you to your regularly sheduled posters.

Martin - There was a thread about jackets being available from FMC after all orders were filled.

MENINBLK
03-03-2005, 08:20 PM
If only i had bought this car new i would definatly have one of those jackets now...

Oh...Quit yer whining... :cry: :rofl: :lol: :shake: :baaa: :loco: :dunno:

Get in touch with BigDogJim...
When he bought his Marauder he ordered a 5X Jacket...
That's NOT a typo... He wears a 5X, as in X X X X X :eek:

If he still has the number, perhaps you can call, and place your order,
but ya got to be patient enough to wait for the jacket,
and we ain't gonna let you whine on board either... :lol:

>>j/k<<

SouLRioT
03-04-2005, 05:57 AM
just an idea, but if you could get the die for the National Member Pin, you could use that as a signet ring. But if you got with This site (http://shop.jostens.com/Catalog.asp?CID=158586&PFID=2002052210324858026&GID=6988&PID=&mscssid=2UAJQN5SSUKD8HM7G5CXK6 L67H0V9NF9) jostens makes the school rings.

MyTMerc
03-04-2005, 05:32 PM
:dunno:

>>j/k<<[/QUOTE]I heard it was a leather car cover they sewed sleeves in. :poke: :run:

Paul T. Casey
03-04-2005, 06:04 PM
I don't know much about rings, but a company called Taxor makes official Ford logo watches. Right now they have the blue oval, mustang, F series trucks, and T-birds. Both pocket and wrist watches are available. If we can come up with a number, perhaps they'd be interested in us. http://taxor.com/

DL04
03-04-2005, 08:25 PM
:cool: Ralph wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to come up with a kewl "secret" handshake!!! :D

MarauderMark
03-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Oh...Quit yer whining... :cry: :rofl: :lol: :shake: :baaa: :loco: :dunno:

If he still has the number, perhaps you can call, and place your order,
but ya got to be patient enough to wait for the jacket,
and we ain't gonna let you whine on board either... :lol:

>>j/k<<

I tried that with my car and the lady who bought my car first did'nt get the jacket .This is what they told me and they still wouldn't give me the jacket..Tight wads!!!!They pick who they want to give jackets too.. :mad:
So Martin if you want it then place an add or make a thread asking for one , but it looks to me that the only way you'll get it is wait for Bigdog to sell his or shrink..You BIG guys are specail order people ..

Ladyhawke
03-04-2005, 11:37 PM
I have found a place local that will make custom rings (ladies and mens). Gordon and I will go talk with them tomorrow. They can't give an estimate on cost until a wax mold is created. But they will cost probably $300 to 600 depending on size.

I was thinking something like my collage rings in the pic. 10k white gold with black onyx with logo surrounded by engraved MercuryMarauder.net or just Mercury Marauder.

How many of you would be willing to pay that amount??

nexstar7
03-05-2005, 08:01 PM
hey ladyhawke the one on the bottom is perfect. put the mm letters on the side and the area we are from would look great. as for the price. that is something we all kind of have to figure out. but they look great.

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Five cows are running for their life as we speak....:baaa:

MaLo03
03-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Good idea, I think so. Something like White Gold with black top and Mercury GOD head emblem cut around to reveal the White Gold.

hdwrench
03-05-2005, 10:29 PM
How many of you would be willing to pay that amount??not me

:)

Ladyhawke
03-05-2005, 11:09 PM
We stopped in the jewelry store today and talked to the guy that I spoke with on the phone. He is going to look at our logo and see what can be done this week. We can put something on the sides. If we do something different for each person, than there will be an extra cost. We could do our username on one side and our area on the other. Or our area and the year of our car.

He did mention that the onyx can be more fragile if hit directly than the engraved ring that is also shown above in my pic. If we go with the engraved ring than the cost would be less, since we aren't including the stone. We could also do one style for mens and another for ladies.

I will post additional information toward the middle to end of next week after we talk again. Here is the logo that we are using.

Ladyhawke
03-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Here is the information regarding the MM.net rings.

Ladies Ring

14k yellow or white gold w/onyx, solid(like my pic), $425 or more delicate with opening at sides, $400

14k yellow or white gold engraved(like other pic w/o onyx), solid, $375 or more delicate with opening at sides, $350

Mens Ring

14k yellow or white gold w/onyx, solid, $650

14k yellow or white gold engraved, solid, $600

Or we could do sterling silver. Which isn't as strong as gold, it will bend.
Ladies $150
Mens $175

Personalized engraving on the sides will be more cost and more molds to create.

Please let me know what you are interested in ... gold vs sterling silver, engraved or with onyx. And any ladies interested ... solid sides or open sides for a more delicate look.

Ladyhawke
04-02-2005, 11:47 AM
The jewelry store has decided to make a sterling silver sample ring (free of charge) for me to show everyone. They plan to have it ready next weekend. Just in time for the next CAM meet. Until then, here is the artwork that they have provided:

The engraved top and the delicate ring for the ladies.

The sample ring will include the antique look. This will darken in the lower areas (much like the onyx idea) and leave the raised areas light.

Be looking next weekend in Community Discussion for a new thread showing a pic of the actual ring for everyone to see.

MaLo03
04-02-2005, 02:08 PM
The jewelry store has decided to make a sterling silver sample ring (free of charge) for me to show everyone. They plan to have it ready next weekend. Just in time for the next CAM meet. Until then, here is the artwork that they have provided:

The engraved top and the delicate ring for the ladies.

The sample ring will include the antique look. This will darken in the lower areas (much like the onyx idea) and leave the raised areas light.

Be looking next weekend in Community Discussion for a new thread showing a pic of the actual ring for everyone to see.
Looking Good.......Me Likes

MarauderMark
04-02-2005, 05:43 PM

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60 53
Yea not bad .Have to ponder this a little.

Bluerauder
04-02-2005, 05:58 PM
The jewelry store has decided to make a sterling silver sample ring (free of charge) for me to show everyone. They plan to have it ready next weekend. Just in time for the next CAM meet.
Very nice !!! :2thumbs: I look forward to seeing the sterling silver version at the CAM meet. Hopefully, I can get my timing conflicts worked out early next week. :D

nexstar7
04-02-2005, 09:25 PM
cant wait. looks good for me

Ladyhawke
04-12-2005, 08:31 PM
They were not able to get the MM.net ring ready this past Saturday. I'm hoping this weekend it will be ready. I will post pics as soon as I get it.

MaLo03
05-10-2005, 07:14 AM
So whats the verdict on the ring?????
Is it a GO???
What style, Gold/Silver/WhiteGold etc???????
Price, group buy price?
Sorry for all the questions, just think this is a good idea and would like to get in on it.
UpDate Please :D
Eggie

dwasson
05-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Shouldn't it have a decoder wheel?

Haggis
05-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Shouldn't it have a decoder wheel?
...and a whistle.

Ladyhawke
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes, I finally got the sample ring the other day. Getting clear pictures of it has been a challenge. Be looking for a thread in Community Discussion very soon. And please don't laugh at the pics. :o

MM03MOK
05-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Yes, I finally got the sample ring the other day. Getting clear pictures of it has been a challenge. Be looking for a thread in Community Discussion very soon. And please don't laugh at the pics. :oUse the macro setting or use the highest resolution and crop the picture down.

Ladyhawke
05-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Also I will bring the ring on Saturday to the CAM meet.

Ladyhawke
05-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the help Mary. The camera is set to the highest resolution and I'm using a tripod. I'll see what I can do in Photoshop.

Ladyhawke
05-11-2005, 08:50 PM
New thread with pics in Community Discussion.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=252160#post25 2160