PDA

View Full Version : computer flashing

Sidney
02-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, here in detroit, I found a place called dyno daves which flashes the computer on the MM. Well the guy who does the flashing is the original program writer for our MM. He has been driving one with thousands of dollar in test equipment for the last few years. The dyno shop is also offering me a valve body upgrade for the tranny, a better stall worth 3 tenths, and gears. Trying to decide if I am going to flash or install RChip.

vaderv
02-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey Sidney I live over in wasteland. Where is Dyno Daves?

Sidney
02-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Hey vaderv, I am in Redford. He is on Telegraph just past Eureka going south. Once past Eureka, drive over the hill and look for a drive way and sign which says Kar Karft. Turn right and right again. He is the garage at the end. The address is 17608 Tele. Brownstown. Just call he could tell you better than me. (phone 1-734-229-1290.) I will try and get some tuning done this week on Sat.

cyclone03
02-18-2003, 07:49 AM
Sidney,IF this is the guy that programed and tested the CPU for our cars he should know all the ins and out's of these cars.
What gear does he recomend?
What type of valve body mods is he talking about?I know the seperator can be drilled to correct the shift points after a gear change as well as quicken all shifts.

Only problem I could see with flashing the computer is the local dealer could screw it up for you just "checking for codes" on your next service visit.:po:

What is he charging for the mods?

BeaSStMaster
02-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Wow, I saw the title of the thread and hurried in to see if the family-friendly site had taken a turn towards the dark and seedy side.

I'm glad that this is still a friendly place! :up: :lol:

SergntMac
02-18-2003, 09:49 AM
One of the things I like about the mods many of us have chosen, is that none of them are really permanent. I can restore my 3:55s, change plugs and stat back to factory parts, and unplug the chip, should I want, or, need to do, sometime down the road. Flashing factory ECM and drilling valve bodies, seems a bit more permanent, I hope you get what you want first time around.

WolfeBros
02-18-2003, 11:08 AM
I agree Sarge. Drilling valve bodies doesn't seem necessary to me when you can get the shift points you want programmed in an chip setup that is easily undone.

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Sgt Mac - You are correct the MODS can be changed back to stock in a matter of hours. A permanent Mod would void the warranty for sure. John :)

CRUZTAKER
02-18-2003, 03:51 PM
No doubt safer and more cost efficient to see D.R.

LincMercLover
02-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey, as long as he isn't installing Windows in the car...

Better pop for the optional CTRL ALT DEL button insert that replaces the in dash clock!

:lol:

SergntMac
02-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Hey, as long as he isn't installing Windows in the car...Better pop for the optional CTRL ALT DEL button insert that replaces the in dash clock! :lol:

Just when I thought I understood the man...

RCSignals
02-18-2003, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't want to reflash the computer without having a second one to do it to

RF Overlord
02-18-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Better pop for the optional CTRL ALT DEL button insert that replaces the in dash clock!

Even better would be to use the new Windows© MM, which is built on the Windows© XP platform and doesn't crash...the only drawback it that your left rear door no longer opens, the heater & A/C controls are reversed, and the lights flash every time you blow the horn...

SergntMac
02-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Yes...There is a lot of snow in the East...

WolfeBros
02-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Thats why the good Sarge has a 'Mac' instead of a windows machine ??

Not snowing here Sarge.....I have no good excuse.
Must be the crowd I am hanging with...Rf Overload and LML ?!? :lol:

LincMercLover
02-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Don't look at me! My measley 4"s melted today!

WolfeBros
02-18-2003, 08:03 PM
LML we have all heard about you and your measley ...........nah can't do it.........this guy is a moderator.

J/k big guy

LincMercLover
02-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Oh............................ .........................

In the words of my GF, "That was SO not right!"

Hope you like lookin' over your shoulder Wolfe! :D

Sidney
02-18-2003, 08:36 PM
He charges $400 for the flashing. I am kind of in the middle of the road for this reason. They recommend I get the 4:10 and he said with the valve body, flashing, new stall, and 4:10, should run high 13's. He said the torque convertor will give me about 3 tenths alone. May just get the RC, but the factory programer is just so tempting, since he had the test MM with all that equipment hook up. He had just tuned a new 03 harley f-150, and 03 cobra.

WolfeBros
02-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Sorry LML......your GF is right. :(

But you did leave yourself wide open. :P

And I only tease people I consider friends. :D

Billatpro
02-18-2003, 09:12 PM
I don't understand any of this! It's cold here but not that cold. I'm still depressed over all the hours I spent with PS7 to produce an exact copy of a concept car!!
You guy's could have shown me this before I wasted all that time, hell I could been out snow blowing or scraping my driveway and some real fun.
And as for the mis-matched socks don't even talk to me about that......... and I can't tell you how many hours I wasted stealthing out my white sneekers! damn paint won't stick to leather.

cyclone03
05-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Sidney,or anybody else,
Has anybody done this?