PDA

View Full Version : Letting off steam

UncleLar
02-17-2003, 09:12 PM
This afternoon or early evening some punk(s) broke the drivers door window in my new 2003 Expedition. I was ready to move March 1st but the place won't be ready until April 1st. I don't have a garage,the truck is now in my buddys' garage where it'll stay until after I move. In the past 3 years the turn signal mirrors were stolen TWICE off my 98 Expedition,along with the alloy wheels center caps,the rear hatch window glass was broken 6 months ago,no one saw or heard anything in spite of a top of the line Clifford alarm with a pager installed after they the first theft from my triuck,they also stole the headlight surround and turn signal lens 3 years ago out of my then mint 91 Mercury Grand Marquis. I can't wait to get out of Logan Sq. I have an idea who's doing it,but I can't prove it,probably the drug dealers across the street I've gone to the caps meetings, detectives,and district commander about. I'm about at the end of my patience and just about ready to do some street justice.But,I won't,I've got more to lose than they do.In the meanwhile I sit and steam. Thanks for letting me vent.

LincMercLover
02-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Logan Sq? Damn Logan, you own everything don't ya?

That sucks man.. You're very tollerant to not take action on who you even suspect may be doing this. Someone mess with my car's, I'd be on them like stank on ****. I can tolerate vandalism of a lot of things, but my car's aren't one of them...

Hope things start to look up for ya once you move buddy!

SergntMac
02-17-2003, 09:45 PM
UncleLar...Former SQ resident here, even drove a few years on 014 streets, a long time ago. It was turning to s**t back then, and it hasn't gotten better. My heart goes out to you, bud, but now you know why I'm in Mt. Greenwood now...Sorry.

Look south, out this south. Nice. Nice having 10, 12 cops on your block, even if their kids are a**holes in junior high. That is the least of your worries, 'cause everything else is held in check...quickly, and cleanly. Look south of 95th, and west of Western, you may be surprised...

Patrick
02-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Vent away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats why we are here!!! I respect your self controll. TOO NOT TOO STUP TO THIER LEVEL!!! They will get thiers in the end! HE will to see that. I did some things as a kid butt nothing like that! Famaliy values! But that will have to start another thread. I have one thing I live by, If you got a prob with me, be MAN ENOUGH to stand up and be ONE!!!! Sorry to carry on, But Hope it all works out for you, that type of **** getts me pissed!

Keep up the pressure on them!!!!!!! Especaily if thier are kids involved. Stop another cycle of kids doing this bull ****. This is going to have stop!!!!! Sorry for my foul mouth and sory if it offends, but this hits close to home. I was brought up if you want want sumtin, get your butt a job and earn it!!!! Best stop getting to worked up!

I share in your anger!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope for the best. I am here to vent too, I hope others will too! Patrick

UncleLar
02-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys,I really did need to vent.LML,all my friends are amazed I haven't done anything too,but I'd rather let the punk get away with it if I can't prove with 100% certainty it was them,then to do wrong to an innocent.
Sarge,I'm moving up off Foster west of Nagle/Narragansett,lots of PO's and Firemen living there,quiet and well patrolled,but thanks for the info.BTW,my rent is $1100 a month and that's considered somewhat of a bargain around here,ha,that and a garage are 2 more reasons I'm looking to buy. I've made friends with the PO who's got 1411 1st watch,he's another Nam vet and really liked the 91 GM and the old Expy,a real stand up guy.,I've also met the guys from the 2nd and 3rd watches along with a Sgt.,and a gang crimes guy. What's real funny is my insurance guy's sister in law is the local Commander and his brother is head of gang crimes.
6 more weeks and I'm out of here.

SergntMac
02-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Let's not clog the board, if you need anything, UncleLar, give me a call at 312.745.5207.

I'm not a magician, but I can steer a bus.

Wish you well, be safe.

SergntMac@aol.com