PDA

View Full Version : Red MM spotted in Dallas

Johnman
02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
I spotted a DTR behind me going east on Forest lane between the Tollway and Preston during lunch hour today and I slowed so he could get beside me. I was thinking maybe it was Rod, or an enthusiastic new owner who would at least give a wave, but no-he ignored me as he drove past , so it's doubtful he'll be checking out this website. Just wanted to let y'all know there's another red running around out there. If you see him, tell him I didn't say "Hi". :mad:

2003 MIB
03-01-2005, 04:25 AM
I spotted a DTR behind me going east on Forest lane between the Tollway and Preston during lunch hour today and I slowed so he could get beside me. I was thinking maybe it was Rod, or an enthusiastic new owner who would at least give a wave, but no-he ignored me as he drove past , so it's doubtful he'll be checking out this website. Just wanted to let y'all know there's another red running around out there. If you see him, tell him I didn't say "Hi". :mad:
Were you in your Marauder or the little Cooper?

Johnman
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Were you in your Marauder or the little Cooper?
Good question-I was in the Marauder, which is why I was surprised he didn't honk or wave or anything. I saw him again today at lunch hour going the opposite way on Royal! I was behind another car so I don't think he saw me at all this time. Some people just want to enjoy their car and don't consider themselves a member of a select group of enthusiasts, and that's cool. I'm not exactly the most active of club members myself!

Petrograde
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I passed a somewhat unfreindly black Marauder on I-35W (not far from Dan's neck of the woods) last week. He was an older guy, no one I recognized, I rolled down the window and waved. He kinda looked at me, I guess it was a wave, but it looked more like a "shoo, kid ya bother me" :P maybe, I'm mistaken, but that's what it looked like to me.

:rolleyes:

Redster
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Good question-I was in the Marauder, which is why I was surprised he didn't honk or wave or anything. I saw him again today at lunch hour going the opposite way on Royal! I was behind another car so I don't think he saw me at all this time. Some people just want to enjoy their car and don't consider themselves a member of a select group of enthusiasts, and that's cool. I'm not exactly the most active of club members myself!

Not me, MM hasn't been out of the garage. (and I still got a scratch, darn, darn, darn)

2003 MIB
03-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Some people just want to enjoy their car and don't consider themselves a member of a select group of enthusiasts, and that's cool. I'm not exactly the most active of club members myself!
B/S- when I found you on Beltline a couple of years ago- you at least acknowledged, waved and yelled over traffic to find out about the site. That's pretty stinkin' active. I also believe you had the only Blue Marauder at Autorama this year!:cool4:

Johnman
03-01-2005, 09:24 PM
B/S- when I found you on Beltline a couple of years ago- you at least acknowledged, waved and yelled over traffic to find out about the site. That's pretty stinkin' active. I also believe you had the only Blue Marauder at Autorama this year!:cool4:
Dan, I will never forget when our cars first met at Inwwood and Beltline. We were waving like mad at each other! You were the first Marauder I had seen on the street and you pulled up beside me and said "You are going to love her!". I then went on the web site and tried to find you and finally did. I'm so glad I met you and hooked up with the Marauder club.

2003 MIB
03-02-2005, 04:35 AM
Dan, I will never forget when our cars first met at Inwwood and Beltline. We were waving like mad at each other! You were the first Marauder I had seen on the street and you pulled up beside me and said "You are going to love her!". I then went on the web site and tried to find you and finally did. I'm so glad I met you and hooked up with the Marauder club.
Yeah, it's been a blast! I think that's why we all take it so hard when a Marauder "buyer" slights a Marauder "owner". We've all got the complete picture of this being more about a community than a car- the car's just a bonus. The folks that don't get it probably never will but there is dignity in fighting the good fight. I guess it's like missionary work- All you can do is spread the word about the flock. Not everybody wants to convert and they shall forever burn in Hell for their sins.:D

rumble
03-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Yeah, it's been a blast! I think that's why we all take it so hard when a Marauder "buyer" slights a Marauder "owner". We've all got the complete picture of this being more about a community than a car- the car's just a bonus. The folks that don't get it probably never will but there is dignity in fighting the good fight. I guess it's like missionary work- All you can do is spread the word about the flock. Not everybody wants to convert and they shall forever burn in Hell for their sins.:D

Maybe it was stolen. You know how unfriendly felons can be.

2003 MIB
03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Maybe it was stolen. You know how unfriendly felons can be.
Nobody hears from you for days on end and this is what you come back with- You're a sick man!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rumble
03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
:) :)
Nobody hears from you for days on end and this is what you come back with- You're a sick man!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well thank you, thank you very much. :)