PDA

View Full Version : To my friends in the East...

SergntMac
02-17-2003, 10:00 PM
My heart goes out to you all.

This storm, or, series of storms, is kicking your butts. We here in Chicagoland have had our turns at this, we remember well. No matter where, no matter when, winter's wrath will strike with a vengence, and we all feel for you in these days.

Chicagoland is enjoying a somewhat tame winter this season, for now. But, we all know what you are going through today, because it was us yesterday, and could be us again tomorrow.

Luck of the draw? I suppose, maybe. But, you are not alone, our spriit is with you as you dig, shovel, grumble, freeze, wince, shiver, thaw, and ultimately endure, the pain of snow.

It will pass, soon. Even sooner, come again, and then too soon too. This MM makes us all want to be summer kids.

But, it's the seasons...And seasons are life.

You are all in my prayers, please be safe.

SergntMac@aol.com

Mark McQuaide
02-18-2003, 06:15 AM
Thanks Sarge, I'll use this for motivation as I'm digging my $ss off today!

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks Mac - My snow blower got a workout the last two days. The sun started peering through the clouds this morning. It seems to be getting warmer snow is showing signs of melting. (another mess) John :)

martyo
02-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Actually Mac, I have a question for you.

I am running an 8.5hp Te***seh powereed Ariens snow blower. I found that at the 100 yard mark, the rev limiter seems to kick in early and I can't blow the snow all over my neighbor's driveway. On the otehr hand, the cornering is quite stable now that I have dropped the rire pressure down to 21 pounds from the factory setting of 23 lbs.

Any suggestions on a better set up?

As always, your thoughts are aprpeciated!

RF Overlord
02-18-2003, 08:52 AM
stanleyk:

I think you been inhaling the fumes from your snowblower... accidentally leave it running in the garage, did you?

Bigdogjim
02-18-2003, 09:28 AM
SergntMac: Thanks for the thought! Yes winter in the East sucks this year. I still think it's because we all got Marauder's? :lol:
Thank the one who invented snow blowers! Save me from a heart attact for sure.
Really looking forward to putting miles on when Mother Nature sent the sun our way.
Thanks again to all the others stuck out here with me best of luck.
Big Dog

snow blower>> 0-60 feet in 24" of snow about 15 minutes? :lol:

Wags
02-18-2003, 09:34 AM
stanleyk,

Until I put the 502 in the '55, you can put it in the snow blower. It should be able to clear the whole street in nothing flat. You will have to run 100 octane though.:D

Wags

Mark McQuaide
02-18-2003, 10:04 AM
Does Dennis make a chip for a Koehler V-twin?

martyo
02-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Wags: Given the way my achin' back feels today, anything that makes the job go quicker. Or, is at least, faster and louder......

In thw ords of Tim "the Toolman" Taylor "MORE POWER!!!"

Black Badger
02-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words SergntMac. Sure appreciate it – the sun is peeking out, so the end is near.

nexstar7
02-18-2003, 03:42 PM
thanks for thinking of us.back at you