PDA

View Full Version : Mod Friendly Dealer

DV82MAUI
03-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Any recomendations for a mod friendly dealer in Northeastern Illinois?

Thanks.

N40GL
03-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Any recomendations for a mod friendly dealer in Northeastern Illinois?

Thanks.

Sessler Ford in Libertyville. They are a Roush dealer also. Ask for Joe Anderson (the Service Manager). He LOVES working on my Kenny Brown car!!

I've also heard good things about Victor Ford in Wauconda, but have no experience to validate the comments.

DV82MAUI
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the input.
Warranty is getting close to ending and I am looking to get the gear/chip/plugs set-up.
So the info on a friendly dealer is very helpful.

Rider90
03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Sessler Ford in Libertyville. They are a Roush dealer also. Ask for Joe Anderson (the Service Manager). He LOVES working on my Kenny Brown car!!

I've also heard good things about Victor Ford in Wauconda, but have no experience to validate the comments.

When I had my ford 6.0L TD, that I bought from Sessler, they were VERY much against me doing any mods. They even told me not to go off-roading or they may void my driveline. Don't they go off-roading in the commericials :confused:

N40GL
03-03-2005, 08:03 AM
When I had my ford 6.0L TD, that I bought from Sessler, they were VERY much against me doing any mods. They even told me not to go off-roading or they may void my driveline. Don't they go off-roading in the commericials :confused:

Did you hear that from 'sales' or 'service?' Frequently, they have different opinions. In any event, there aren't too many standard powertrain parts left on my car, and its never been a problem.

Rider90
03-03-2005, 12:49 PM
service was the anal one.

But this is also a truck, not a car, maybe that is the difference :confused:

Topher
03-04-2005, 05:07 PM

I've heard the same about Victor Ford. Last summer at the Victor Ford show another member here asked one of the service managers their stance on mods. He said off the record that as long as the mod didn't cause a failure they would still honor the warranty. Haven't put this to the test though.

Chris