PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy burnout contest jackets

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Got my jacket in the mail today,for participating in the burnout contest. Black with Trilogy logo on the front. Really nice! Will post pics this weekend.

Thanks Jerry :bows: :up:

Tallboy
03-03-2005, 07:45 PM
My jacket was also waiting for me when I arrived home this evening. Very high quality and nicely done. A first-class job from a first-class company. I'll use it for my trip to Connecticut in two weeks.

Man, if this is what we get, I can't wait to see what Billy gets...

MI2QWK4U
03-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Guys, Jerry handed me mine Sunday when we met at my place for a planning meeting. Very nice jacket, just another example of what a class act Jerry and the folks at Trilogy Motorsports are.

Bluerauder
03-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Got my jacket in the mail today.....

Hey, I didn't get my jacket yet. Anyone got the number of the guy to call? :rofl:

...for participating in the burnout contest. Black with Trilogy logo on the front. Really nice! Will post pics this weekend.

Congrats to the participants in the Trilogy burnout contest !! :2thumbs: Look forward to seeing pics of the jackets and the results from the showdown. :D

Bradley G
03-04-2005, 12:00 AM
:bigcry: Nice!

Luckey Dogs!:dogrun: You Guy's Will be the "Skag" (new terminoligy I heard from my teenager)
WaY To represent :bows: Trilogy Guys!:beer: :burnout:
Bradley G

Bradley G
03-04-2005, 12:02 AM
:bigcry: Nice!

Luckey Dogs!:dogrun: You Guy's Will be the "Skag" (new terminoligy I heard from my teenager)
WaY To represent :bows: Trilogy Guys!:beer: :burnout:
Bradley GA jacket would be great too!

BillyGman
03-04-2005, 01:58 AM
I just got mine too. Mine sounds just like what you guys got. Are your jackets leather? That's what mine is. It's really nice. It isn't light weight leather like those free Mercury jackets we got when we bought our Marauders. It's a heavy weight leather like the Harley jackets are.

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Ours are made of polyester. :)

martyo
03-04-2005, 05:15 AM
I just got mine too!

Thanks Jerry!!

:up:

BillyGman
03-04-2005, 12:17 PM
I just got mine too!

Thanks Jerry!!

Well then cough up a burnout video for us to earn your jacket. :burnout:

martyo
03-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Well then cough up a burnout video for us to earn your jacket. :burnout:

My accomplishments speak for them selves!!

BillyGman
03-04-2005, 12:24 PM
My accomplishments speak for them selves!!
Well then Martin, if the other guys got polyester jackets for the nice BURNOUT VIDS that they produced, then you must have got a PAPER jacket. :rofl:

Tallboy
03-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I just got mine too. Mine sounds just like what you guys got. Are your jackets leather? That's what mine is. It's really nice. It isn't light weight leather like those free Mercury jackets we got when we bought our Marauders. It's a heavy weight leather like the Harley jackets are.
I'd keep a close eye on that leather jacket from March 17th until the 21st if I were you. You never know, it might get "misplaced"...:burnout:

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Well then Martin, if the other guys got polyester jackets for the nice BURNOUT VIDS that they produced, then you must have got a PAPER jacket. :rofl:
:baaa:.......Now thats funny...........:rofl:

CRUZTAKER
03-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I just got mine too!

Thanks Jerry!!

Hows that....?

You don't have a Trilogy. Do you?

And Polyester? Is this 2005 or 1975?

WTF?

BillyGman
03-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Hows that....?

You don't have a Trilogy. Do you?

And Polyester? Is this 2005 or 1975?

WTF?Hmmm, sounds like someone is disgruntled simply because he wasn't allowed to enter the contest. ....tisk tisk......maybe you can host your own contest, and then you can make the rules yourself. I mean come on Barry, you don't need to be in a contest to make a burnout video. I'm sure that most of us would enjoy your burnout video IF you, or Marty ever did make one.

Bluerauder
03-05-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm sure that most of us would enjoy your burnout video IF you, or Marty ever did make one.
Here's a short clip of one of Barry's 10 or so burnouts at Mason-Dixon in October. Clicky Clicky on Barry's Burnout Link (http://capitolareamarauders.com/Pictures.html) :up: He walked away with the Burnout Trophy that night ... against some pretty fierce competition. Pirellius et Smokus. :D

BillyGman
03-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Here's a short clip of one of Barry's 10 or so burnouts at Mason-Dixon in October. Clicky Clicky on Barry's Burnout Link (http://capitolareamarauders.com/Pictures.html) :up: He walked away with the Burnout Trophy that night ... against some pretty fierce competition. Pirellius et Smokus. :DBAH....I know that Barry can do much better than that. After all, that was merely a burnout that was performed before a drag race, just to warm up the tires. Seeing is how Barry went through the trouble to install Line-Lock on his car (just as I have) and judging by his past comments on this board about how "anyone that's serious about burnouts has a collection of new tires in their garage ready to go" I know that he's a lot like I am concerning his taste for burnouts, and I'm sure that he's done much better ones than that off the track.Thanks for the link though.That was a real nice dead punch burnout done by Marauder Mark. :)

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Hmmm, sounds like someone is disgruntled simply because he wasn't allowed to enter the contest. ....
No...not at all.

Originally I posted about being bummed it was for Trilogy only. But I understand that Jerry needed videos of HIS product in action for some type of public advertising. The SEMA show or something....?

In reality I would have never been able to enter for two reasons. The weather around here just did not cooperate to do such a thing in the timeline Jerry presented. Aburnout contest in January....in the northern states....? I can't believe you folks pulled it off. The other is, I cannot get my Sony cam to download onto my pc yet. I can burn DVD's no problem, but I cannot convert the DVD to a file for pc use yet.

As far as hosting my own contest...no way man. I do burnouts as often as some folks fill their gas tanks. I don't need a contest to shut down an intersection. Haggis can attest to that! Besides, I am running out of tires to do those really big ones like the one in your video. I go through them quick enough at the track as during the summer, I am at the track nearly once a week. I surely do not need to video my ability to tear up some tires...although I wouldn't mind....:rolleyes:

Now then, back to the question at hand...."How did Marty get a jacket? Doesn't he have a centrifugal on his beast?

And polyester.....I thought for sure the winner would get leather!:P

Tallboy
03-05-2005, 10:46 AM
I think Marty may be "pulling your leg" on this one. ;)

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-05-2005, 10:48 AM
No...not at all.

Originally I posted about being bummed it was for Trilogy only. But I understand that Jerry needed videos of HIS product in action for some type of public advertising. The SEMA show or something....?

In reality I would have never been able to enter for two reasons. The weather around here just did not cooperate to do such a thing in the timeline Jerry presented. Aburnout contest in January....in the northern states....? I can't believe you folks pulled it off.
The dvd was to be used at the Detroit Autorama show.
The contest actually started when Jerry annouced it on 11/29/04.
Videos had to be submitted by 1/15/05.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14276 ;)

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Now then, back to the question at hand...."How did Marty get a jacket? Doesn't he have a centrifugal on his beast?

And polyester.....I thought for sure the winner would get leather!:PYou should know by now that Marty, like myself, is never to be taken too seriously.
And the winner did get a heavy weight leather jacket.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=228528#post22 8528
:cool:

BillyGman
03-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Yep, Rick covered all te bases above^...... Barry, I'm glad that you didn't get all ticked off at my comments, because I meant no offense. I was just trying to sift everything out, because I didn't understand the reasons for your comments.

I can relate to your dilemma with your camcorder, because the first and last parts of my burnout video were done with a camcorder which produced a better picture quality than the middle parts which were done with a digital camera. However, the video format was one that was difficult to deal with and to put on the internet, and that's why I've also switched to only burning DVD's for people since many of them aren't able to play the CD's that I've burnt for them.

But the digital camera was fairly easy to use when it came to capturing the video clips onto my PC, and it was in a format that was also easy to put on the net, and to burn CD's on that were useable, and could be played with most peoples' PC. Unfortunately the digital cameras only shoot 15 frames per second, and the camcorders shoot 30 FPS, therefore the digital cameras don't produce the picture quality that most camcorders do.

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok, heres some pics of the jacket:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2240jacket.JPG

close up of logo:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2240trilogy_logo.JPG

BillyGman
03-06-2005, 06:12 PM
When I get a chance this week, I'll get some pics of my jacket on here too. I don't have a digital camera, so I'll have to get film and get the pics developed, and then scan them to get them on here.

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
When you bring the film to be developed you can have them put on a disk also.

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Just what I was waiting for. Pictures of the jackets. The one you got is really cool Rick.
Now I am jealous...:P

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-06-2005, 06:44 PM
You'll probably be able to purchase one of these jackets soon as I read somewhere here Trilogy will be selling shirts, hats, jackets, coffee cups, etc. soon on on their website. Better yet, buy a supercharger and maybe Jerry will throw in a jacket. :D

Tallboy
03-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Just what I was waiting for. Pictures of the jackets. The one you got is really cool Rick.
Now I am jealous...:PHey, Barry-I'll see Jerry this weekend in Bradenton. When he's not looking, I'll rummage around through his car and see if he has any more of those jackets laying around...:)

RoyLPita
03-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Hey, Barry-I'll see Jerry this weekend in Bradenton. When he's not looking, I'll rummage around through his car and see if he has any more of those jackets laying around...:)

We may need them this weekend.

Tallboy
03-09-2005, 08:41 AM
We may need them this weekend.
Actually, it's supposed to be a perfect weekend-all this crap should be gone by Friday!

CRUZTAKER
03-09-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey, Barry-I'll see Jerry this weekend in Bradenton. When he's not looking, I'll rummage around through his car and see if he has any more of those jackets laying around...:)
Nice!!!:rolleyes:
That's how I ended up with a Trilogy t-shirt thanks to a very attractive employee....:P

I would also like to take the moment to say that I was in no way trying to aggravate Billy, Rick, nor any of the Michigan trilogy followers with my prior comments. It was all meant in fun, and perhaps mis-interpreted.

I already made the mistake in the Michigan MV-III original thread that was mis-interpreted so bad that none of the motorcity folks will speak with me any longer, and Logan got really upset as well.

I never got the op to explain that I was just funnin' and attempting to make a valid point, not shat on the idea. Same thing here, just funnin' and in no way disparaging trilogy nor the contest and jackets.

I love Trilogy, love the idea of the meet in August, and love Michigan! Other than the crummy roads around here, it's agreat place to be.

There...I am done suckin' up...:D

MI2QWK4U
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Nice!!!:rolleyes:
That's how I ended up with a Trilogy t-shirt thanks to a very attractive employee....:P

I would also like to take the moment to say that I was in no way trying to aggravate Billy, Rick, nor any of the Michigan trilogy followers with my prior comments. It was all meant in fun, and perhaps mis-interpreted.

I already made the mistake in the Michigan MV-III original thread that was mis-interpreted so bad that none of the motorcity folks will speak with me any longer, and Logan got really upset as well.

I never got the op to explain that I was just funnin' and attempting to make a valid point, not shat on the idea. Same thing here, just funnin' and in no way disparaging trilogy nor the contest and jackets.

I love Trilogy, love the idea of the meet in August, and love Michigan! Other than the crummy roads around here, it's agreat place to be.

There...I am done suckin' up...:D

Thats just not true.

Bigdogjim
03-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey see if he's got a 5XLT for the Big Dog.....:rofl:

CRUZTAKER
03-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Thats just not true.
There is no consoling you is there?

Fine.

Be that way.

I could care less at this point.

Certainly NOT my loss.

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-10-2005, 02:52 PM
:eek: .............................. ...................

martyo
03-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I meant to ask you guys: Did your Trilogy jacket have teh inside pocket also? My cell phone fits nice and snug in there!

Thanks again Jerry!

MI2QWK4U
03-10-2005, 04:12 PM
There is no consoling you is there?

Fine.

Be that way.

I could care less at this point.

Certainly NOT my loss.

Barry, I have no idea what has you so bent. You mentioned in an earlier thread that " none of the motorcity folks will speak with me any longer". My response was "That is just not true". I thought that summed it up, but I will explain further. "That" refering to the statement that none of the motor city folks will speak to you. I guess I should have spelled it out better, It just isnt true that none of the motor city folks will speak with you. I am sorry that I had to harpoon your post a couple months back about the Woodward Dream Cruise, from a planning point of view it was important to nip any wrong information before it had a chance to wrongly influence people. Once the facts were straightened out and corrected, I personally considered the matter closed until you made the remark about folks here not talking to you. You have been, and will always be welcome at any of our functions, especially since you spend so much time up here. Thats the reason we host events, for people to enjoy them. Your get together is on our event planner up here, do you want us there or not? I guess I am confused at your remarks today.....

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-10-2005, 05:01 PM
I meant to ask you guys: Did your Trilogy jacket have teh inside pocket also? My cell phone fits nice and snug in there!

Thanks again Jerry!:confused: I have three pockets inside of mine! :bounce:

SouLRioT
03-10-2005, 05:04 PM
So anyway, how come they are not Members Only jackets?

CRUZTAKER
03-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Barry, I have no idea what has you so bent. .....
See....that's why the internet can suck really bad. There is no way to tell what folks are talking about with merely type.

I took your "Thats just not true." to mean I really wanted to F with your MV-III plans.....

I should have contacted you the day you ousted my post and Logan disparaged me....but I didn't. Apparently I should have. All this time I figured my comment regarding how busy things would be to have an MV meet during Woodward in the same neighborhood could become 'hairy' for some of the folks coming for the first time.....is what put YOU and your planning commtee in the BARRY JUST F'D OUR PLANS mode.

Let's get this straight now and forever.

I didn't mean to piss you guys off back then... oh well....my problem/not yours....:cry:

I am good with everything at this point.

Are we good?

MI2QWK4U
03-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Barry, we have never not been good!

CRUZTAKER
03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Cool! :cool4:

I'm good in Michigan...I'm good in Texas....

Georgia however....

I can live with that.:D

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-11-2005, 04:58 AM
:high5::hug2: :lovies: :lovies2: .................

:Offtopic: Yaaaaa, now back to the jackets..............

BillyGman
03-11-2005, 10:23 AM
:high5::hug2: :lovies: :lovies2: .....................

Yaaaaa, now back to the jackets..................:Offt opic:...jackets?....oh, is that what this thread is about? .......but I know what Barry means......the internet can definately be a source of a failure to communicate, due to the potentials for misunderstandings. I think that many of us have proven that time and time again on this board.