PDA

View Full Version : Western WA/Pudget Sound Marauders race day

teamrope
03-04-2005, 05:22 PM
How about Pacific raceways on the 20th? (Weather permitting) :)

Sporstmen (13.00 and slower) $35 + $10 for your number (One time fee per season for the number if I'm not mistaken)

Any takers?

http://www.pacificraceways.com/ :banana2:

Mard
03-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I'd love to but I will going under the knife:sweat: on Friday 3/19 and probably be drugged up (legally) :stupid: most the weekend.

DirtyDog
03-04-2005, 08:21 PM
I need a little prep time for something like that. I need a tune and stuff.

teamrope
03-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Give you a base line before you get the tune and any other *cough* *cough* modifacations done. :)

BruteForce
03-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I need a little prep time for something like that. I need a tune and stuff.

:stupid: what ^^^he^^^ said

teamrope
03-04-2005, 10:11 PM
So I gess a dyno day would be more favorable?

BruteForce
03-04-2005, 11:18 PM

Dyno would be good. Dyno + tune would be mo' betta.

DirtyDog
03-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Dyno would be good. Dyno + tune would be mo' betta.

I like that idea.

Ryans PI
03-05-2005, 05:40 PM
I like that. I haven't done a dyno yet.

Rhino
03-06-2005, 11:34 AM
What about lapping? I know it's pricey, but could be a hell of a lot of fun compared to the 1/4 mile. Looks like there are a few open dates where we could rent the whole place out if we had 12 or more. Just trying to picture a whole track filled with lapping Marauders and Vics....would be COOL! Ok, maybe I am in fantasy land, but thought I would suggest it. :)

Ryan

Wagonmaster
03-06-2005, 01:46 PM
How about Pacific raceways on the 20th? (Weather permitting) :)

Sporstmen (13.00 and slower) $35 + $10 for your number (One time fee per season for the number if I'm not mistaken)

Any takers?

http://www.pacificraceways.com/ :banana2:
I'm officially working Sundays through the month of April. I'm open for future Saturdays however.

Dont forget Mission Raceway in Mission B.C. either. They have been voted best track in division 6 several years in succession. The cars will run faster there (better air and starting line prep) cheaper to race (exchange rate) clean quality bathrooms, not port o poty's like Pacific raceway. Great scenery and better people.

Just a thought, I've raced at both and there's no comparison. Besides where else are you gonna get a big basket of chicken strips and fries for $3.00 U.S.? Bad news is, the south end squad has further to travel.

GT

Wagonmaster
03-06-2005, 01:51 PM
I'd love to but I will going under the knife:sweat: on Friday 3/19 and probably be drugged up (legally) :stupid: most the weekend.
Getting that vastectomy reversed..................AGAI N? :run:

teamrope
03-06-2005, 07:10 PM
:eek: :awe: :run:

teamrope
03-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm officially working Sundays through the month of April. I'm open for future Saturdays however.

Dont forget Mission Raceway in Mission B.C. either. They have been voted best track in division 6 several years in succession. The cars will run faster there (better air and starting line prep) cheaper to race (exchange rate) clean quality bathrooms, not port o poty's like Pacific raceway. Great scenery and better people.

Just a thought, I've raced at both and there's no comparison. Besides where else are you gonna get a big basket of chicken strips and fries for $3.00 U.S.? Bad news is, the south end squad has further to travel.

GT

How many hours from Seattle?

Blue03
03-06-2005, 09:36 PM

My old Streets and Trips has it from Yelm to Mission BC at 191.6 Mi and 3hrs 53mins. That's coming up I-5 to Hwy 20 (North of Mt Vernon) over (east) to Hwy 9 to cross the border at Sumas. The Hwy 9 drive is 2 lanes but fun! If it's a nice day Mt Baker is nice. It will be about 2hrs for me from Everett. Sumas is a good crossing. Not often backed up much.

Blue03
03-06-2005, 09:51 PM

I'm interested in both with the 1st choice going to Dyno. The 20th is doable at this point but I have family in town the 27th. Maybe go Dyno in March and Track in April. Please keep me posted and I'll try to attend!

This Great weather is driving me nuts! Besides car jitters, even had the MOW word surface this weekend. I did mine Saturday and its the earliest in the 15 years I've been in this house. I normally try to hold off until April. My neighbors even did it a week earlier. Oh the pressure!!!

Wagonmaster
03-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Well that all depends on how fast your driving ;) . I used to drive from Mt. Vernon to Mission in 1hr 10 minutes via the Sumas border crossing and that was in a motorhome pulling my car on a trailer.

Bruce is correct, the drive is very nice but the 3hr 50 minute number seems excessive. Keep in mind that there are several ways to get there that will be waaaaaaaaay less time. By was of comparison, I have driven from Mt Vernon to Seatac in 1hr several times. Either track we decide I'll be there if I'm not working.
GT

glassman99
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
What's the chance of bringing out some Blitz with ya? Say, a couple of cases? Been a long time since I've had one... :beer:

glassman99
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Maybe Blue Heron???

Mard
03-07-2005, 09:55 PM
That word (vastectomy) makes me want to puke :puke: just hearing it. It's not that vicious and I'll save the gory details for future small talk :beer: . I'll still have several small incisions that will make life miserable for the weekend..so I'll be better off being in some altered state parked in front of SpeedVision than behind the wheel.

Whatever you guys decide on for a little drag racing down the road count me in.

teamrope
03-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Stopped at Bucky Austin's ProMax today. They have a chassis Dyno, And would charge us $450 for 5 cars. They don't do tuning, but they do have a shop across the street that does, and would be happy to come over to do the tuning, but you must have your own hand held tuner. I didn't ask the price of the tuning once he said that. It will be 2-3 weeks before ProMax has their printer fixed. If this sounds good so far I will call the guy at Total Performance for pricing on tuning.

BruteForce
03-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Sounds like a winner.

Blue03
03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Sounds like a winner.

I Agree...Dang... it looks like I'll have to get a tuner... would I be able to get one in time? Thinkin out loud ...would it be best to get one from Lidio or DR with their tunes already to install so the local guys could just oversee the install or would you rely on the local guys to do it from scratch?

teamrope
03-09-2005, 01:35 AM
I'de be more inclined to use DR or Lidio's to start.

Blue03
03-09-2005, 01:43 AM
I'de be more inclined to use DR or Lidio's to start.

So if I bought one of theirs... I would not need the extra step of a local tuner, right? The dyno would would just confirm the tune results? Or would it be best to have someone tweek the tune whilst on the dyno?

Wagonmaster
03-09-2005, 09:49 AM
So if I bought one of theirs... I would not need the extra step of a local tuner, right? The dyno would would just confirm the tune results? Or would it be best to have someone tweek the tune whilst on the dyno?
Thats correct, you would not need the extra step of a local tuner. The handheld tuners download set parameters that a local tuner cannot change. You can run your current stock tune on the dyno, then while someone else is running their car you can download the handheld program in two minutes, then re-run to see what (if anything) you gained.

I'm not so sure tuners give gains that will actually show up on the dyno, its more of a seat of the pants gain (crisper shifts, top speed limiter removed ect) If anyone else has a different opinion or proven dyno gains from just a handheld tuner, please chime in.

GT

teamrope
03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
I just got off the phone with Total Performance. He cahrges $75 per car for Dyno only, 140 per hour for tuning (Dyno included). He has done a few Cobra Mustangs, but his true expertice is in Alcohol engines. :)

teamrope
03-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Dyno or not, Me & the Mrs are going to Pacific raceways the 20th. Gotta get an idea where my 03 stands, and update Mrs TR's time on Dragtimes.com. :)

Ryans PI
03-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Showers are showing in the forecast for Sunday.

http://www.king5.com/live/weather_images/10day_lg.jpg

Hopefully that'll change as the week goes by...

teamrope
03-12-2005, 12:02 PM
:banghead: .........

teamrope
03-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Wait a minute, Thats the long range forcast. I've never seen them accurate past 2 days. :D

Weather permitting, WE"RE THERE!

Wagonmaster
03-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Showers are showing in the forecast for Sunday.

http://www.king5.com/live/weather_images/10day_lg.jpg

Hopefully that'll change as the week goes by...
Dont let that scare you. I've driven to the track when it was raining cats and dogs and an hour later we were making hits all day. Wish I could be there!
GT

01 Interceptor
03-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Last time we tried to meet up there...it was dry and sunny and they were still "rained out." I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. Hopefully they keep the automated info thing on the phone line updated.

Ryans PI
03-18-2005, 09:47 PM
So, what's happening on Sunday? Are we getting together?

teamrope
03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
With the weather I'm in wait and see mode. If they are racing, it's a go.

Only gonna take the DTR, the black had to go back to the paint shop. :alone:

mchunt
03-19-2005, 03:46 AM
Not very hopeful according to the weather forecast but I would like to take a run down the track. What else do you need to have to take it down the track besides the cash, any safety equipment or is that just for faster cars?

:burn:

01 Interceptor
03-19-2005, 12:40 PM
A helmet is required for 13.99 or faster, rollcage for 12.99 and faster I believe. Secure all loose items in the cabin. Also do NOT drive into the burnout (water) box on street tires. The water will get into the treads and leave it at the starting line for others to loose traction. If you want to do a burnout, drive around the water box and do a dry burnout before the starting line.

01 Interceptor
03-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey guys, if the weather is bad...I am guessing no one is going to want to drive all the way out there again for nothing. I say we put a contingency plan into effect. That is, if you want to drive in the rain.

Ryans PI
03-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Also do NOT drive into the burnout (water) box on street tires. The water will get into the treads and leave it at the starting line for others to loose traction.

I learned that the hard way. Jon has proof of my cloud with his video camera.

With the way today looks, I highly doubt the track will be open. Last time we went, they closed it down because of rain even though it was drying out when we got there.

01 Interceptor
03-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah, but even with the cloud you left...you made an 18 second pass!

teamrope
03-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Looks like the weather is not going to cooperate. Oh well, This cold is kicking my @$$. Maybe I should just stay in bed. :(

01 Interceptor
03-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah I am suffering from a sinus problem. I have antibiotics and I also had 2 teeth removed, but oddly no pain at all.

DirtyDog
03-20-2005, 10:56 AM
You guys take care of your selves and watch racing on TV.

Wagonmaster
03-20-2005, 02:31 PM
A helmet is required for 13.99 or faster, rollcage for 12.99 and faster I believe.
"Rollcage" (down bars and dash bar) is a cage that requires certification and is for cars running 9.99 or quicker.

A five point point "rollbar" however is required for cars running 11.99 to 10.00. Just FYI only.

No one in our club should need anything unless someone cracks the 13's, then a current helmet (not that cheesy 70's helmet from Easy Riders) will be required.

GT

Blue03
03-20-2005, 04:35 PM
It was a pretty rainey week end. Sorry the track didn't work out. Let's try again in April or early May. Also if a group Dyno on a week end (BJ?) would work out, I'd be interested seeing where my MM is completely stock and then who knows maybe after some tuner magic!
Cheers!

01 Interceptor
03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
"Rollcage" (down bars and dash bar) is a cage that requires certification and is for cars running 9.99 or quicker.

A five point point "rollbar" however is required for cars running 11.99 to 10.00. Just FYI only.

No one in our club should need anything unless someone cracks the 13's, then a current helmet (not that cheesy 70's helmet from Easy Riders) will be required.

GT

Thanks for the clarification...I was trying to remember off the top of my head.