PDA

View Full Version : A Good Place For Tint?

Lou
03-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm looking for a good place to get my windows tinted in the Chicago area, preferaby western 'burbs but I'm more interested in getting a good job done.
Also, what's a good price? I want a light tint that's the same on all the windows [not the windshiled of course] that will get the least amount of notice from LEOs.

michburt
03-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm looking for a good place to get my windows tinted in the Chicago area, preferaby western 'burbs but I'm more interested in getting a good job done.
Also, what's a good price? I want a light tint that's the same on all the windows [not the windshiled of course] that will get the least amount of notice from LEOs.
I think now would be a great time to get your windows tinted down here in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Mike:)

Rider90
03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
I've gone to Grand Prix Car Wash in Buffalo Grove. You have to go in and make an appt. and they have two middle aged guys come in and do any tint you want. These guys do tint on some of the most exotic cars in our area and they do an excellent job. I've taken three vehicles to them and it is all A+ work.

DV82MAUI
03-07-2005, 10:18 AM
I had my window tinting completed at Barrington Auto Spa and was very pleased with the product and the service.

michael ward
03-07-2005, 11:49 AM
come down down to the southside to MIDWEST GLASS TINTERS in oak lawn il 9731 southwest highway 708-425-4480 been there since 1980 has the best window film all windows on a m.m $240.00 LIFETIME GUARANTEE! :burnout: AND NO :bs:

Lou
03-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Now I've got a few more questions. How about the top edges of the windows? How do they finish them or is there a gap?

I know that Illinois law states NO TINT on the front side windows. I see an awfull lot of cars that are tinted. How many of you that have the side windows tinted get hassalled?

DV82MAUI
03-07-2005, 01:28 PM
There is a slight gap around the window about 1/4 inch.

I have had my windows tinted for about 1 1/2 years and have yet to be hasseled and mine are done limo black.

But of course since I just said that I will get jumped tonight.:rolleyes:

svtguy
03-07-2005, 01:35 PM
come down down to the southside to MIDWEST GLASS TINTERS in oak lawn il 9731 southwest highway 708-425-4480 been there since 1980 has the best window film all windows on a m.m $240.00 LIFETIME GUARANTEE! :burnout: AND NO :bs:I'm definitely going here since I need tint too and this is right by my house. Thanks for the tip.

Lou, if you go here maybe I could meet up with you and get it done at the same time. Let me know.

Big Joe P
03-07-2005, 01:44 PM
I've got 35% on the front driver and passenger windows, and 5% on the rest. 35% is the lowest you can go without any problems. Though I've had 5% on my truck before and never had a problem. % numbers indicate how much light is allowed through, hence 5% allows only 5% of light through..etc... I paid $225 at AUTO SOUND BARRIER 5157 N. Western in Chicago....

chapel1
03-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Lou
Come to Chix Meet? I've got tint on my windows and it looks like thats the way it comes from the factory? Mine is 35% all around.
And any shop thats any good will give you lifetime guarantee. Ive heard good things about Midwest Glass.Although mine was done at Arlin Glass on Archer in Chicago.

Topher
03-07-2005, 05:26 PM

I had mine done by a place called Shaded Days in Libertyville, just east of Lambs Farm & Lake Shore Harley Davidson on Rt 176. 35% Llumar tint all around. They do work for many area car dealerships and I was very pleased with mine.

Chris

Lou
03-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks for all the good info. I'm gonna make the meet on the 13th fer sure.
:banned:

Donny Carlson
03-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the good info.
If you don't mind driving a bit, you can have what I consider the finest auto tint available on the market today:

http://www.formulaone.com/images/footer-logo.gif

http://www.formulaone.com/

Most of the dealers near you are down state close to St. Louis.

You may want to check out their site even if this is too far for you, just to get familiar with tinting terminology and tech stuff.

Lou
04-04-2005, 02:10 PM
I finally got around to getting the windows tinted today. I had them tinted at 35% all around and it's looking pretty good. I had it done at Midwest Glass Tinting in Oak Lawn. I thought they did a pretty good job. They were able to do the rear window all in one piece.

stevengerard
04-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Looks good to me, that's next on my list. finally something kind of cheap that can be seen.

Rider90
04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Awesome Lou!

jgc61sr2002
04-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Had mine done in Llumar 35% for about $150.00. :D