PDA

View Full Version : Procharger S/C Kit #1 Review

tmac1337
03-05-2005, 09:27 PM
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/18352.jpg As of today the Procharger S/C kit #1 has been fully installed by Carfixer, AKA Claude.

After some final tinkering around with the kit, Claude and myself took the car out to do numerous runs on it and take temperature readings with a pyrometer.

After a 1.5 hour drive over to Claude's house, we immediately took the car out and did 6 passes up to 80 MPH at WOT, 4 passes to 100 MPH at WOT, and 2 passes to 115 MPH.

The result, I could not get the car HOT! Everything is in perfect working order.

Outside ambient temp 78 degrees on the pyrometer (in the sun), 75 degrees on the car dash.

After all the passes I could put my hands on the tubing no problem.

The 2 Core intercooler works as promised and significantly reduced the AIT.

The Kit is shipped from Procharger via 2 day air Fedex for $120.00. to Florida, if your closer it costs much less.

The kit takes approx. 5-6 hours to install at $500.00. The install is completely bolt on, non-intrusive. Comes off just as easy.

The kit comes in a 6 foot professionally packaged box from Procharger with a specially designed padded box for the Blower which can be saved and re-used if you need to send the unit back for an upgrade or warranty work.

Procharger will let you upgrade to a larger blower for $800.00 if you want to build a built motor with more boost later on.

The blower can be ordered polished, as is mine.

The kit costs $4,950.00.

I am using a 370 pulley which tops out at a little over 8 PSI on my boost gauge.

At 8 PSI the car made 436 RWHP and 425 RWTQ on SCT Orlando's Dyno. This car was tuned at SCT Orlando FL by the company itself. Maraudernkc has a file to send with the kit although you will want to go to your SCT dealer of choice and dial it in or arrange shift points to your preference.

The fit and finish of the kit is EXCELLENT. I would estimate 95% of the kit is manufactured at Procharger with Maraudernkc throwing a 90 mm MAF, 42 pound injectors, and a couple odds and ends inside the box. Came complete with everything you need including the plugs.

An all alluminum air box is currently being fabricated to cover the K&N filter and will be sent with future kits (I'm waiting for mine).

Driveability of my car has not changed at all. When your not into boost the car operates between 10-20 degrees of vacuum and you cannot even tell a S/Cer is on the car. After the needle on the boost gauge gets into boost, forget-about-it! The car hauls ass!

The car will burn up the tires at a standstill with hardly any boost. I was in a toll booth on I-75 today. After I paid the fare I punched it a little to hear my mufflers inside the enclosure and the rear tires just burned off (much to my surprise and everyone elses).

Punch the accellerator at a 25 mph roll and the car will go sideways.

Blink your eyes and your at 80 MPH.

Punch it at 80 MPH and the car digs in, climbs to 120 MPH or beyond in an instant until you say UNCLE!

I had a new Mustange GT pull up beside me at 85 MPH on I-75 with a performance exhaust, it sounded great. He surged a couple of times beside me so I accomodated him. I punched it, the car took off so fast and went to 120 MPH I left him in the dust. For the first time my car scared me. I let it slow down and thought for the first time "This thing can kill me!". The GT, it took him a while to catch up.

I am not going to get into the technical aspects of this kit. That is for Maraudernkc to do. If you have any specific questions, call, pm or email him.

Carfixer installed the kit and has driven my car several times himself. If you desire his opinion about install or driveability do the same with him.

I will not compare this kit to any of the other kits available. This is a Procharger interpretation only.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/18352.jpg[/IMG]http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/18351.jpg

hdwrench
03-05-2005, 09:41 PM
sounds impressive... just another thing i'd like to save up for if i ever learn the concept of "saving"

the front air dam in the pic kinda sticks out... maybe if it was black it'd be more "stealth"

i think id rip that air dam off pulling into the driveway though

tmac1337
03-05-2005, 09:49 PM

It is not as low as it seems, gets a little distorted in photos. Several members saw it last night at Towershops, if they care to post if they thought it low or not thats up to them.

It can be mounted behind the grill. The kit makes so much HP and TQ it does not matter if you loose a little by it's placement there.

I just remember to back in at parking spaces with blocks. I have had no other problems with inclines, gullies, or anything else otherwise. Since the kit was the first one and needed some final adjustments, I have 1K miles on it with no problem so far.

Big Joe P
03-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Congratulations, it's nice when a plan comes together....

stevengerard
03-05-2005, 10:25 PM
wow, 5 - 6 hour install - thats incredible, sounds like a great kit, congrats and enjoy

shakes_26
03-05-2005, 10:28 PM
The air dam is not that low, you have at least 6+ inches there, maybe more. Put it this way, if your in the habit of hitting the parking headstones today with the air dam, you'll hit this as well. If your cautious like most people and dont pull in until the tires hit, you'll be fine.

Tmac is right, the pictures are deceiving. And the fit and finish is excellent. I suspect if you were worried about quick removal/warranty/etc, this kit would be it, looks very simple, straightforward, and makes serious power.

That aside, sounds like a real ass-phalt shredder :)

BillyGman
03-05-2005, 10:30 PM
TMAC, I know exactly what you mean about your Marauder scaring you for the first time, and about you thinking "This car can kill me" (LOL) because that's exactly the way I felt during the first day of my driving experience after I installed the Trilogy S/Cer kit too.

Can I ask you who it was that burned your chip, or sold you the SCT tuner with the required engine tune? I'm asking you this, because I was told that this kit doesn't come with a chip, so please correct me if I've been misinformed about that. if not, then who was it that you went to for that after the installation was complete? And what about the S/Cer whining noise? Does it make more or less whine than any others do? Some people LUV that noise, while others don't. Just curious.

hdwrench
03-05-2005, 10:32 PM
The air dam is not that low\

good to know i guess...

i scrape my exhaust tips if i dont pull out of the driveway at an angle

they are extended a bit over stock though

Joe Walsh
03-05-2005, 11:11 PM
SWEET S/C Installation!!!

I LOVE that 'chin' spoiler/intercooler!
Can you post a few pictures of the car from a side view?....I'd like to see how that intercooler looks from up close and from a distance

HwyCruiser
03-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Tim,

I'm glad to hear you're happy with the kit. Greg blazed the trail with this and you are the first one to travel down it. You'll always have have the distinction of sporting the #1 production Procharger Marauder kit.

Greg and I have talked at length about the kit and I've wtnessed its performance first hand. To say its impressive is an understatement. Greg willed this kit into existance because he's a Marauder enthusiast and his business skills now allow us to also enjoy the results.

Congratulations on your kick-a$$ Marauder and for you stepping up. :beer:

- JD

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-05-2005, 11:19 PM
As of today the Procharger S/C kit #1 has been fully installed by Carfixer, AKA Claude.

After some final tinkering around with the kit, Claude and myself took the car out to do numerous runs on it and take temperature readings with a pyrometer.

After a 1.5 hour drive over to Claude's house, we immediately took the car out and did 6 passes up to 80 MPH at WOT, 4 passes to 100 MPH at WOT, and 2 passes to 115 MPH.

The result, I could not get the car HOT! Everything is in perfect working order.

Outside ambient temp 78 degrees on the pyrometer (in the sun), 75 degrees on the car dash.

After all the passes I could put my hands on the tubing no problem.

The 2 Core intercooler works as promised and significantly reduced the AIT.

The Kit is shipped from Procharger via 2 day air Fedex for $120.00. to Florida, if your closer it costs much less.

The kit takes approx. 5-6 hours to install at $500.00. The install is completely bolt on, non-intrusive. Comes off just as easy.

The kit comes in a 6 foot professionally packaged box from Procharger with a specially designed padded box for the Blower which can be saved and re-used if you need to send the unit back for an upgrade or warranty work.

Procharger will let you upgrade to a larger blower for $800.00 if you want to build a built motor with more boost later on.

The blower can be ordered polished, as is mine.

The kit costs $4,950.00.

I am using a 370 pulley which tops out at a little over 8 PSI on my boost gauge.

At 8 PSI the car made 436 RWHP and 425 RWTQ on SCT Orlando's Dyno. This car was tuned at SCT Orlando FL by the company itself. Maraudernkc has a file to send with the kit although you will want to go to your SCT dealer of choice and dial it in or arrange shift points to your preference.

The fit and finish of the kit is EXCELLENT. I would estimate 95% of the kit is manufactured at Procharger with Maraudernkc throwing a 90 mm MAF, 42 pound injectors, and a couple odds and ends inside the box. Came complete with everything you need including the plugs.

An all alluminum air box is currently being fabricated to cover the K&N filter and will be sent with future kits (I'm waiting for mine).

Driveability of my car has not changed at all. When your not into boost the car operates between 10-20 degrees of vacuum and you cannot even tell a S/Cer is on the car. After the needle on the boost gauge gets into boost, forget-about-it! The car hauls ass!

The car will burn up the tires at a standstill with hardly any boost. I was in a toll booth on I-75 today. After I paid the fare I punched it a little to hear my mufflers inside the enclosure and the rear tires just burned off (much to my surprise and everyone elses).

Punch the accellerator at a 25 mph roll and the car will go sideways.

Blink your eyes and your at 80 MPH.

Punch it at 80 MPH and the car digs in, climbs to 120 MPH or beyond in an instant until you say UNCLE!

I had a new Mustange GT pull up beside me at 85 MPH on I-75 with a performance exhaust, it sounded great. He surged a couple of times beside me so I accomodated him. I punched it, the car took off so fast and went to 120 MPH I left him in the dust. For the first time my car scared me. I let it slow down and thought for the first time "This thing can kill me!". The GT, it took him a while to catch up.

I am not going to get into the technical aspects of this kit. That is for Maraudernkc to do. If you have any specific questions, call, pm or email him.

Carfixer installed the kit and has driven my car several times himself. If you desire his opinion about install or driveability do the same with him.

I will not compare this kit to any of the other kits available. This is a Procharger interpretation only.
Sounds good, nice job! :up:

CBT
03-06-2005, 06:00 AM
That's my problem, too. I had some saved, and then spent it last week on a full set of Marauder tires and rims off e-bay. I'm impressed by them, and now I have them if I ever need them, but it was a 1,400 dollar punch in the wallet that could have went towards a blower, S/C, or Pro-charger. Let the saving begin again I guess, because you guys and gals that have done these conversions are having waaaaay to much fun, I gotta see what it's all about!

sounds impressive... just another thing i'd like to save up for if i ever learn the concept of "saving"

Cobra25
03-06-2005, 07:22 AM
The air dam is not that low, you have at least 6+ inches there, maybe more. Put it this way, if your in the habit of hitting the parking headstones today with the air dam, you'll hit this as well. If your cautious like most people and dont pull in until the tires hit, you'll be fine.

Tmac is right, the pictures are deceiving. And the fit and finish is excellent. I suspect if you were worried about quick removal/warranty/etc, this kit would be it, looks very simple, straightforward, and makes serious power.

That aside, sounds like a real ass-phalt shredder :) What Shakes26 said above is correct. I was their At The Tower Shops on Friday and saw the kit installed for the first time. It's a nice kit. The scoop on the bottom give's it a nice look, & it doesn't look as low as posted in the picture's . I'm not going to compare one kit against another ,they are all different in one way or another ,what really count's is that what ever kit you do buy one day the thing that matters most is that you are happy with the one you purchased.

rumble
03-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Good job and congratulations, it never ceases to amaze
me how much RHP these cars make with a super charger
and a mild tune. 436 at the rear wheels is like 500+ at
the flywheel. Not many 500 HP monsters running around at
any thing near what a S/C Marauder will set you back.
A wise choice and in the scheme of things, a bargain.

:cool: :cool:

tmac1337
03-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Can I ask you who it was that burned your chip, or sold you the SCT tuner with the required engine tune? I'm asking you this, because I was told that this kit doesn't come with a chip, so please correct me if I've been misinformed about that. if not, then who was it that you went to for that after the installation was complete? And what about the S/Cer whining noise? Does it make more or less whine than any others do? Some people LUV that noise, while others don't. Just curious.

BillyG, the car was tuned at SCT itself, not one of their dealers. As far as I know, Lidio is the only competent tuner available to get a great tune on our Marauders. Let's face it, there is not that many MM's around and the dealers have no experience on them.

Maraudernkc has a base file now from SCT that is just fine.

PM Maraudernkc about the tuning, that is his business as the vendor of this kit.

Most of us have a chip or a handheld tuner already, so a new file is needed. SCT dealers can fine tune the file to each person's preference.

For a centrifical blower, this kit is a perfect match up between power and simplicity. And yes, for those of you who prefer the roots type.....Trilogy is the only way to go!

maraudernkc
03-06-2005, 11:59 AM
hdwrench, we can mount it behind ther grille for you.

the front air dam in the pic kinda sticks out... maybe if it was black it'd be more "stealth"

BillyGman
03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks for your reply Tmac.

RoyLPita
03-06-2005, 05:31 PM
That is a very nice kit. Keep us posted on any new info.

maraudernkc
03-06-2005, 08:12 PM
This is the SCT Dyno sheet from when Tmac1337 car was at SCT. This was with 8 PSI.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2622Marauder_Dyno_Graph.jpg

tmac1337
03-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I took half the tubing apart on the kit today in about 15 minutes as I plan to get some bling painting done this week. Thats how quick and easy it is to mess with this thing. Post some more pics soon.

sailsmen
03-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Congrats! Looks like the kit has exceeded your expectations and that is always a good thing.

We are truly blessed to have a car that has stirred the soul of so many resulting in excellent options to improve the performance in every area!

FiveO
03-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Looking good.

Anyone with a Procharger running a higher stall TC yet?

Just curious.

NAVCHAP
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Tmac, thanks for showing up at Tower Shops, flew all the way from San Diego to see your install. Looks great, lots of room underneath, sounds nice driving away also. -kjs-

tmac1337
03-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Tmac, thanks for showing up at Tower Shops, flew all the way from San Diego to see your install. Looks great, lots of room underneath, sounds nice driving away also. -kjs-

Keith, those are the Ford Dual Mode Mufflers you heard. Nice sound HuH! See you next time your in town. It's nice to know a celebrity car owner.... :)

FiveO
03-07-2005, 12:17 AM
tmac.....did you miss my question?

Are you running a higher stall TC than the stock one?

Just curious.

Thanks!

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 06:18 AM
FiveO, Tmac does have a higher stall. He had one before his kit was installed.I do not have a stall on my car and it runs perfect. You do not need a stall with the Prochagre/MM kit.Kit #2 now being Installed does not have a stall coverter.

Thanks, Maraudernkc

Just curious.

Thanks!

FiveO
03-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Thank you.

Just curious.

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 09:35 AM

Just curious.

Thanks!

Yes, I do have a PI 3000 Stall. Have had one for over a year.

It is not necessary to have one though. Maraudernkc does not. Another kit is being installed on a car right now that has no stall and stock exhaust. I can't wait to see those numbers.

With the stall my car would briefly turn a tire before. Now there is no comparison. The S/C is the tire shredder. Maraudernkc's car has the same results, as will the mostly stock car a kit is presently being installed on as well.

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
SWEET S/C Installation!!!

I LOVE that 'chin' spoiler/intercooler!
Can you post a few pictures of the car from a side view?....I'd like to see how that intercooler looks from up close and from a distance

I'm getting my tubing painted for bling right now. After I put everything back together and the alluminum air box is on I'll post a lot of pics.

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Thank you.

Just curious.
How much HP gain do you achieve from the hamster?

Maraudernkc, can you incorporate a rodent into your kit?

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Tmac, we have been doing some exstensive testing and have found that our gerbal works better than other rodents. Just ask Richard Gere. It appears that the gerrbal travels through the tubing at a faster rate and creates less heat. Now that's some funny stuff! :laugh:

How much HP gain do you achieve from the hamster?

Maraudernkc, can you incorporate a rodent into your kit?

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 10:15 AM
You may want to try a Prairie Dog. Industry testing of Prairie Dogs used in Centrifical Blower systems has revealed that as they run through the tubing, they increase PSI by pushing air ahead of them resulting in more HP and TQ.

OOooops.......was that a Procharger secret?

Directedby
03-07-2005, 10:45 AM
You may want to try a Prairie Dog. Industry testing of Prairie Dogs used in Centrifical Blower systems has revealed that as they run through the tubing, they increase PSI by pushing air ahead of them resulting in more HP and TQ.

OOooops.......was that a Procharger secret?

Will the Procharger meet CARB (California) smog requirements?

Eric91Z
03-07-2005, 11:25 AM
And how about blower whine with this unit? Is it the P-1SC blower?

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 03:13 PM
And how about blower whine with this unit? Is it the P-1SC blower?

The blower whistling is not that bad at all. You can hear it if your at a stop light. During normal driving or under boost not at all. I was skeptical about the whistle, but now that I hear it, I like it.

People at stop lights will stare at your car.

People who know cars and know what the sound means will drool! :bows:

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
PM Maraudernkc, or he or you can call Procharger direct. Procharger makes a lot of kits. There is nothing especially different about this kit other than tubing for the MM or mabybe a 90 mm MAF.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

BigMerc
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Can you pass along the phone number or location of SCT Orlando? I'd like to get them to do a tune on mine.

FiveO
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
tmac or nkc....question:

2 weeks ago when I was in Michigan at Alt. Auto I had my car dyno tuned. With the 2.8" pulley the dynotune showed the A/F ratio leaning out at the end of the run....6000rpm's.

Lidio suggested a higher grade fuel pump but said I should be ok with the one that came with the Trilogy kit for a few months.

Question: I noticed in the Procharger dyno graph that the A/F is leaning out a bit, just like mine. What fuel pump are you using for this kit?

Legitimate question...not trying to start any major debates.

Phil @ FLP
03-07-2005, 05:26 PM
What headunit was this kit using a P1SC or D1SC? Is this a kit Procharger offers or is this a custom kit? I didnt see it listed on their website.

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 06:08 PM
The only reason they tuned our Procharger/MM car is because they do business with Procharger and no one in Kansas City was capable of tuning our MM. They will not tune cars for the public. SCT told Tmac1337 and myself that Lidio is the best person to get a tune from for your MM. That's not me talking but SCT direct.

Can you pass along the phone number or location of SCT Orlando? I'd like to get them to do a tune on mine.

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 06:12 PM
We are using a hamster pump. Just kidding! We were using twin Cobra pumps but have tested with the Walboro 255 LPH single pump and made 450RWHP with no tuning problems.
Please don't start a fuel pump debate anyone!

Thanks, maraudernkc

tmac or nkc....question:

2 weeks ago when I was in Michigan at Alt. Auto I had my car dyno tuned. With the 2.8" pulley the dynotune showed the A/F ratio leaning out at the end of the run....6000rpm's.

Lidio suggested a higher grade fuel pump but said I should be ok with the one that came with the Trilogy kit for a few months.

Question: I noticed in the Procharger dyno graph that the A/F is leaning out a bit, just like mine. What fuel pump are you using for this kit?

Legitimate question...not trying to start any major debates.

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 06:16 PM
This kit is made by myself using alot of Procharger's componets. My best freind owns Procharger and they are two miles from me here in Kansas City. The Blower used in the kit is a P1SC but for a few dollars more we can upgrade you to a D1SC if you have a forged bottom end and then you will need a 3 core intercooler also for the extra ponies.

What headunit was this kit using a P1SC or D1SC? Is this a kit Procharger offers or is this a custom kit? I didnt see it listed on their website.

FiveO
03-07-2005, 06:25 PM
The only reason they tuned our Procharger/MM car is because they do business with Procharger and no one in Kansas City was capable of tuning our MM. They will not tune cars for the public. SCT told Tmac1337 and myself that Lidio is the best person to get a tune from for your MM. That's not me talking but SCT direct.

Supercharger debates aside.....no matter what your mods or preference for S/C'er's are.....Lidio is the MAN!

I thank god he's only 10 hours away!

Amen!

:banana2: :bows: :D :beer:

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I will check into this and get back top you ASAP!

Bradley G
03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
I hope so, for the rodent's sake!
Bradley GGassed

FiveO
03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
We are using a hamster pump. Just kidding! We were using twin Cobra pumps but have tested with the Walboro 255 LPH single pump and made 450RWHP with no tuning problems.
Please don't start a fuel pump debate anyone!

Thanks, maraudernkc

Careful.

This hamster wheel is gonna be the difference when we meet in Iowa :D

Nothing hostile....just a bet....a single soda pop :D

The very friendly gauntlet has been laid down....care to wager the $2 for a Diet Coke on it? :D :)

Oh...and no fuel pump wars...just asking a simple question as I saw the SAME results from tmac's dyno as mine.

Directedby
03-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I will check into this and get back top you ASAP!

thanks for looking into CARB.

Phil @ FLP
03-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Are you using a standard Procharger Cobra or Mach 1 bracket for the blower?

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 08:31 PM
FiveO, nothing better than a friendly challenge. I do accept your challenge and look foward to drinking that free cold soda pop! :burnout:

Careful.

This hamster wheel is gonna be the difference when we meet in Iowa :D

Nothing hostile....just a bet....a single soda pop :D

The very friendly gauntlet has been laid down....care to wager the $2 for a Diet Coke on it? :D :)

Oh...and no fuel pump wars...just asking a simple question as I saw the SAME results from tmac's dyno as mine.

maraudernkc
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
We made our own bracket and had Procharger reproduce it for us.

Are you using a standard Procharger Cobra or Mach 1 bracket for the blower?

FiveO
03-07-2005, 08:49 PM
FiveO, nothing better than a friendly challenge. I do accept your challenge and look foward to drinking that free cold soda pop! :burnout:

I'll take a 32 ounce Diet Coke with extra ice :D

Get that engine built up...and we'll be good to go!!!

I'm betting an 11.8x or 11.9x run will take it.

Should be interesting!

Don't make me break out my Lidio 110 Unleaded racing gas tune!!! :D

;) :banana2: :banana:

And if you really get cocky....the hamsters being released!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 10:15 PM
A FRIENDLY RACE!

I wish I could be there to see this! :banana2:

Gentleman Start Your Engines :director:

:burn: :burn:

shakes_26
03-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Ah the smell of race gas, the lingering clouds of tire smoke, the announcer " Gentleman, release your rodents!"

tmac1337
03-07-2005, 10:49 PM
PRAIRIE DOG'S...........ACTIVATE!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Phil @ FLP
03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Are there any plans to take this setup to the track anytime soon?

tmac1337
03-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Are there any plans to take this setup to the track anytime soon?

Kit #2 should be done and dyno tuned either today or tomorrow on the west coast. That car is close to Bradenton Track if it's owner chooses to get some times in the near future. He should be posting his review in the next few days.

Eric91Z
03-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Five0,

Does this mean we get to see a Procharger vs. Trilogy run at CFR at the end of May for the get together? :banana:

RoyLPita
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Nice signature pic.
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/18351.jpg

Did you have anything to do with this?????
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/495TROUBLEMAKER.jpg

FiveO
03-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Five0,

Does this mean we get to see a Procharger vs. Trilogy run at CFR at the end of May for the get together? :banana:

Yup. A nice friendly race with nkc buying me a Diet Coke at the end.

:D :beer: :burnout:

MI2QWK4U
03-08-2005, 06:17 PM

Hey...make that a diet Coke for you and a regular Coke for me! Im always up for a friendly challange...

maraudernkc
03-08-2005, 07:35 PM
FiveO, are you going to make me unleash the praire dog?

tmac1337
03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
RoyLPita, my signature pic is going to be a lot nicer when I get my tubes back next week. I am having the bare cast alluminum intake piece, the piece attached to the intake of the blower, and 2 other tubes coated, will look like chrome.

Maraudernkc, it looks like you are going to be busy defending the Procharger name!

Two quality kits lining up against each other, both making serious HP and TQ, should be one of the event highlights.

I hope someone takes a video camera along and can do some footage for the rest of us who can't make it.

FiveO
03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
FiveO, are you going to make me unleash the praire dog?

Prairie Dog....Shmarie Dog...

Nothing beats....THE HAMSTER!!!

;) :D :P

maraudernkc
03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
You know it's kind of nice having roots blowers and cenrtrifical blowers for our cars. It would get boring racing and talking if we all had the same. I would like to thank all the roots guys that have posted on this thread and kept it clean. We can all have some fun with each other at the Drag Strip!

Hey...make that a diet Coke for you and a regular Coke for me! Im always up for a friendly challange...

tmac1337
03-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Maraudernkc, tough competition indeed!

There are a lot of Trilogy kits out there...

Do you have enough room in your car to transport all that soda back to Kansas City?

Tallboy
03-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Maraudernkc, tough competition indeed!

There are a lot of Trilogy kits out there...

Do you have enough room in your car to transport all that soda back to Kansas City?Ok, I was trying to stay out of this thing, but dammit, this is it.

I'm going to be testing the prairie dog and the hamster for steroids!:rofl:

Seriously, It's nice to be able to hang out together and have fun. Either way you go, Trilogy or Procharger, you win. What could be better?:beer:

MI2QWK4U
03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Bring it on....Im feeling a bit spunky after breaking out the wickedly, insanely, and bone chillingly, quick #2 Trilogy Marauder. Felt real good...It needs Lidios touch to retune it after the latest additions, but the boost is definitely up and the Wide Nittos spin as easy as the stock BFG's did when they were on!

Now...that out of my system...and reading the above posturing and insinuations of the hint of some friendly head to head supercharged challenges....I am lusting after some 1/4 mile carnage!! Who is first? It gives me no pleasure, but I am afraid I will have to slay a few Trilogy Marauders, as well as the centrifigals. Being im from Michigan....I think I will have to nickname my Marauder the Rabid Wolverine!

MnKC, Might want to stop at Sams or Costco and pick up a case of Coke! Feeling a bit thirsty!

Gonna be a fun Summer......Blown is Blown...

MI2QWK4U
03-08-2005, 08:52 PM
By the way, I forgot to mention this, but heartfelt congrats on your development of the kit and the successful installs on a couple of cars. Supercharged Marauders were the minority, but I can see a day where its the majority!

Joe Walsh
03-08-2005, 09:03 PM
DARN!!!! All this talk and swaggering by you S/C guys has me very jealous!!

Up until now I've been quite satisfied with my soon to be completed 'built' 5.0 N/A DOHC project....

Now I've got "Blower Envy"! ( I know, I know; that just does NOT sound right.... It even sounds like it came from transcripts of the Michael Jackson Trial! )

I may have to raid a mutual fund for S/C money as soon as the big bore DOHC is broken in.....So much for a comfortable retirement!! :bigcry:

OK..... NOW, Hamsters or Prairie Dogs.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....I'll leave the Gerbils to Michael Jackson.

maraudernkc
03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I wish we had a Lidio here. You are very fournate to have someone with his talent tuning your car. Thank you very much as it is nice to see something come together and work.

By the way, I forgot to mention this, but heartfelt congrats on your development of the kit and the successful installs on a couple of cars. Supercharged Marauders were the minority, but I can see a day where its the majority!

maraudernkc
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
If that thing is running that good. I might have to take out those two big 12" subs out of my trunk. Those things are heavy. I will send you some photos soon of my latest addition to my engine compartment. :burnout:

Bring it on....Im feeling a bit spunky after breaking out the wickedly, insanely, and bone chillingly, quick #2 Trilogy Marauder. Felt real good...It needs Lidios touch to retune it after the latest additions, but the boost is definitely up and the Wide Nittos spin as easy as the stock BFG's did when they were on!

Now...that out of my system...and reading the above posturing and insinuations of the hint of some friendly head to head supercharged challenges....I am lusting after some 1/4 mile carnage!! Who is first? It gives me no pleasure, but I am afraid I will have to slay a few Trilogy Marauders, as well as the centrifigals. Being im from Michigan....I think I will have to nickname my Marauder the Rabid Wolverine!

MnKC, Might want to stop at Sams or Costco and pick up a case of Coke! Feeling a bit thirsty!

Gonna be a fun Summer......Blown is Blown...

maraudernkc
03-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Joe Walsh, built motor = D1SC = 3 Core = BIG PONIES!!!!!! Now that will be a big dog!

DARN!!!! All this talk and swaggering by you S/C guys has me very jealous!!

Up until now I've been quite satisfied with my soon to be completed 'built' 5.0 N/A DOHC project....

Now I've got "Blower Envy"! ( I know, I know; that just does not sound right.... It even sounds like it came from transcripts of the Michael Jackson Trial! )

I may have to raid a mutual fund for S/C funds as soon as the big bore DOHC is broken in.

OK..... NOW, Hamsters or Prairie Dogs.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....I'll leave the Gerbils to Michael Jackson.

Eric91Z
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I hope someone takes a video camera along and can do some footage for the rest of us who can't make it.

I will be there for the Saturday drag racing. And as I don't have a car to run there (not going to shame myself in the Honda), I will be video taping. Planning on getting as many runs on tape and other stuff as possible.

MarauderTJA
03-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok, I was trying to stay out of this thing, but dammit, this is it.

I'm going to be testing the prairie dog and the hamster for steroids!:rofl:

Seriously, It's nice to be able to hang out together and have fun. Either way you go, Trilogy or Procharger, you win. What could be better?:beer:
I agree with you Tallboy. But beware, a SW FL Rattlesnake is about to be let loose......hampsters will be mighty tasty for a snack

Tallboy
03-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I agree with you Tallboy. But beware, a SW FL Rattlesnake is about to be let loose......hampsters will be mighty tasty for a snack
Are you gonna bring that monster up to Bradenton this weekend?

MarauderTJA
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Are you gonna bring that monster up to Bradenton this weekend?
Depends if I can get it on the dyno and tuned by tomorrow. My tuner is setting up his turbo race car (Mustang) for Outlaw Class. If he can get the Mustang all put together there is a chance I will be able to get my car tuned.

I was planning on bringing my Mustang to Bradenton for the car show as well as put it up for sale. Either way, I'll be there on Saturday for sure.

Brutus
03-10-2005, 06:23 PM
tmac-

What other performance mods have you done to your car in addition to the procharger kit??

tmac1337
03-10-2005, 07:27 PM
tmac-

What other performance mods have you done to your car in addition to the procharger kit??

Performance mods currently on my car in addition are 180 stat, 3000 stall PI TQ converter, Cobra manifolds and exhaust with Ford Dual Mode Mufflers, 4:10 gears.