PDA

View Full Version : March CAM Meet

MyTMerc
03-06-2005, 06:26 AM
CAM'rs,
Gordon's is a busy guy so I'll post the info for this month's meet. Next Sunday is Chris and Gordon's only available day this month.

As many of you know some folks wanted to try some different places. Keep in mind, with as spread out as we are, we all will have a little bit of a drive no matter where we go. Considering what we all drive, that should be a nice Sunday drive and shouldn't be that bad. Bert's is a great little place I think you'll enjoy. With appetizers called "Four on the floor", "Hub Cap Nachos", the "Flat Tire", it's a good place for car nuts. Here's the info:

Where:
Bert's 50's Diner
28760 Three Notch Road, Mechanicsville, MD 20659.

(Three Notch Road is also known as Route 5)
I wrote directions from every point on the compass. Please email or PM me. If you send me your email and I'll send them as a Word attachment. donnellysk@gmpexpress.net

When:
Sunday
13 March 2005
2pm (1400)

Bert's is on the north bound lane of Route 5. There's a turn off directly at the entrance from the south lane.

Bluerauder
03-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Here's the info:

Where:
Bert's 50's Diner

(Three Notch Road is also known as Route 5)

When:
Sunday
13 March 2005
2pm (1400)

OK .... I am in; but may be running a little late (2:30 PM??) due to other committments on Sunday morning. Will have to do this one without George/S.O.B. again since he leaves for Disney World on Friday. :D

This might be a perfect opportunity for some of our southern friends (CBT, Poorjoe, etc.) to join in on the fun !!! :dunno:

MarauderMark
03-06-2005, 08:12 AM
OK .... I am in; but may be running a little late (2:30 PM??) due to other committments on Sunday morning. Will have to do this one without George/S.O.B. again since he leaves for Disney World on Friday. :D

This might be a perfect opportunity for some of our southern friends (CBT, Poorjoe, etc.) to join in on the fun !!! :dunno:

I don't know i think peggy has something with her family(sleepin now)But i will see..

George my friend have a great time in disney :up: are you going to orlando too? Your gonna love the weather out there , hey charlie whatta ya gonna do if he doesn't want to come back home he love it so much he may wanna live there.. :D

Bluerauder
03-06-2005, 08:19 AM
... hey charlie whatta ya gonna do if he doesn't want to come back home he love it so much he may wanna live there.. :D
Ain't much chance of that happening .... he knows exactly how good he has it now !!! :D

Bigdogjim
03-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Sorry gang but I am going north to Long Island and Hooters:banana: :banana:

This is where it all started in March of '03 for the East Coast Marauder:up:

Bluerauder
03-06-2005, 10:45 AM
:up:
What's so special about Hooter's?? :dunno: Oh, never mind .... I just remembered. :rofl:

Haggis
03-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for setting this up Shaun. :up:

We will be there next Sunday at 2pm, sounds like a great place. Lets just hope the weather will be nice next Sunday so more of us can get our cars out to stretch their legs. :burn:

We are looking foward to seeing everybody there, some of you have been greatly missed the last couple of months. You know who you are. ;)

Bigdogjim
03-06-2005, 06:09 PM
What's so special about Hooter's?? :dunno: Oh, never mind .... I just remembered. :rofl:

We need a Hooters in Md.:rofl:

It's got nothing to do with Hooters :help:

Just have not done a Northern meet in a while :banana2: :banana2:

I will miss all of you :bigcry:

Joe Walsh
03-06-2005, 09:04 PM
There IS a Hooters in Maryland....right down at the Inner Harbor directly above Phillip's Seafood Restaurant. (But FORGET about Parking)

I will be there on Sunday.... :banana:

Hey Shaun, Bert's is the place with the 50's car on the roof isn't it??

See everybody on Sunday......It will be a nice drive down to Southern Maryland.

MyTMerc
03-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Here are the directions to Berts from NEWS directions: If you get lost the Diner's phone number is (301) 884-3837. My cell is (240) 925-4133. Happy Maraudering:burnout:

Coming from Route 301 in Waldorf:

From Route 301, Turn on Route 5 South (It’s a big intersection with “Best Buys” and City” on the corner)

<st1:place>Circuit]Market Turner Road).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></U>

<o:p></o:p></FONT></P>

</P>

</P>

Continue on Route 5 about 3 miles and Burt’s 50’s Dinner is on your left (Northbound lane). There’s a chopped 1949? Yellow Merc with Red Flames on the roof of the building. It’s kinda hard to miss.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

If you see <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:place>Mechanicsville Elementary School</st1:place> on your right, you just past it so turn around and head north.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Coming from Route 2/4 (route 2 merges into route 4):<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

</P>

Continue South on Route 4 to Prince Frederick Ford/Mercury Dealer (Aka. <st1:City><st1:place>Mecca</st1:place></st1:City>, where I bought the Mighty Merc) and turn right on Route 231.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Continue on Route 231 about 12 miles to Route 5 South in Hughesville.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Turn Left onto Route 5 South and continue on about 3 miles you’ll see the Charlotte Hall Flea Market (aka. The Mechanicsville Mall). About a mile past that is the Route 6 Intersection (aka. New <st1:Street><st1:address>Market Turner Road</st1:address></st1:Street>).<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Continue on Route 5 about 3 miles past Rt 6 and Burt’s 50’s Diner is on your left (Northbound lane). There’s a chopped 1949? Yellow Merc with Red Flames on the roof of the building. It’s kinda hard to miss.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

If you see <st1:place>Mechanicsville Elementary School </st1:place>on your right, you just past it so turn around and head north.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Coming From Route 301 in <st1:State><st1:place>Virginia</st1:place></st1:State>:<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Come over the Harry Nice Bridge and your in the <st1:State><st1:place>Maryland</st1:place></st1:State>. Continue on Rt 301 North for about 5 miles.</P>

</P>

Turn right at the light on Route 234 (The Whitehouse Motel) and Continue for about 7 miles.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

At around 7 miles, you’ll see Budds Creek (aka. Potomac Speedway) on your right. Turn left at Route 236 just before the entrance to the drag strip which is just around the bend. I repeat do not enter the drag strip otherwise we’ll all be jealous.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Continue on Route 236 (aka Thompson’s <st1:Street><st1:address>Corner Rd</st1:address></st1:Street>) in ends at Route 5 South just before Route 6. Turn right onto Route 5 South and go about 3 miles and Burt’s 50’s Diner is on your left (Northbound lane). There’s a chopped 1949? Yellow Merc with Red Flames on the roof of the building. It’s kinda hard to miss.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

</P>

If you see <st1:place>Mechanicsville Elementary School </st1:place>on your right, you just past it so turn around and head north.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

</P>

This next one is for you Haggis:rolleyes: </P>

</P>

From the Capital Beltway Inner <st1:place>Loop</st1:place> on the <st1:State><st1:place>Maryland</st1:place></st1:State> side:<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

</P>

Take the Route 5/Branch Ave exit South to Waldorf. (Route 5 merges with Route 301 South). Make a left at Route 5 South in Waldorf. (<st1:place>Circuit City </st1:place>and Best Buys will be on your right. Route 301 continues straight to <st1:State><st1:place>Virginia</st1:place></st1:State>)<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Continue on Route 5 South about 11-12 miles you’ll see the Charlotte Hall Flea Market (aka. The Mechanicsville Mall). About a mile past that is the Route 6 Intersection (aka. New <st1:Street><st1:address>Market Turner Road</st1:address></st1:Street>).<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Continue on Route 5 about 3 miles and Burt’s 50’s Diner is on your left (Northbound lane). There’s a chopped 1949? Yellow Merc with Red Flames on the roof of the building. It’s kinda hard to miss.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

From the Capital Beltway Outer <st1:place>Loop</st1:place> over the <st1:City><st1:place>Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> Bridge from <st1:State><st1:place>Virginia</st1:place></st1:State>:<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Come over the <st1:place>Wilson Bridge</st1:place> and take the first exit off the bridge to Route 210 South. (It’s a quick exit that splits immediately after you exit. Bare left immediately onto Route 210 – staying right will take you to I-295 -DON'T)<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Continue on Route 210 about 10-12 miles and turn left on to Route 228. </P>

</P>

Continue on Route 228 to Waldorf about 10 miles and continue straight through the Route 301 intersection and Route 228 now becomes Route 5.</P>

</P>

Continue on Route 5 South about 11-12 miles you’ll see the Charlotte Hall Flea Market (aka. The Mechanicsville Mall). About a mile past that is the Route 6 Intersection (aka. New <st1:Street><st1:address>Market Turner Road</st1:address></st1:Street>).<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Continue on Route 5 about 3 miles and Burt’s 50’s Diner is on your left (Northbound lane). There’s a chopped 1949? Yellow Merc with Red Flames on the roof of the building. It’s kinda hard to miss.</P>

</P>

</P>

<o:p></o:p></P></st1:place>

MyTMerc
03-06-2005, 09:16 PM
OK, I've discovered that cut and paste doesn't work well from Word. It looked fine until it posted.:cool:

DEFYANT
03-06-2005, 10:31 PM

This is where it all started in March of '03 for the East Coast Marauder:up:
Crap! That was my plan too. But if the weather is going to be bad I dont think I'll be going to NY.

Murader03
03-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Dot and I won't be making this meet either. I'll be working both days as it's my weekend in the hole. Oh well, maybe next month. The new meet site soundsgreat too, drats!

Haggis
03-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Dot and I won't be making this meet either. I'll be working both days as it's my weekend in the hole. Oh well, maybe next month. The new meet site soundsgreat too, drats!

Bob, you and Dot will be greatly missed again. :( We'll do it again Bob don't worry.

MarauderMark, you and Peg can go see her family another time. Throw her in the hoopty and get your a$$es down there.

Bluerauder
03-07-2005, 08:18 AM
:bump: Still lots of folks not checked in yet !!! :dunno: :confused:

Mike Poore
03-07-2005, 10:58 AM
CAM'rs,....
Where:
Bert's 50's Diner

When:
Sunday
13 March 2005
2pm (1400)

Bert's is on the north bound lane of Route 5. There's a turn off directly at the entrance from the south lane.
Mike & Barb ...we'll be there.

MyTMerc
03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
There IS a Hooters in Maryland....right down at the Inner Harbor directly above Phillip's Seafood Restaurant. (But FORGET about Parking)

I will be there on Sunday.... :banana:

Hey Shaun, Bert's is the place with the 50's car on the roof isn't it??

See everybody on Sunday......It will be a nice drive down to Southern Maryland.Yep, that's the place! Cars are in the lot, on the walls, on the roof and on the menu. It should be fun but not too many folks rogering up so far.

Bluerauder
03-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Yep, that's the place! Cars are in the lot, on the walls, on the roof and on the menu.
I'm just gonna park in the lot and leave the wall and roof spaces for Mike !!! :rofl: :duel: :hide:

Bigdogjim
03-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm just gonna park in the lot and leave the wall and roof spaces for Mike !!! :rofl: :duel: :hide:
After watching Mike park at the last meet I agree:rofl:

merc
03-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I can’t make it for medical reasons. Hope to be their in the future. :cool:

Bluerauder
03-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Nothin' serious I hope !!! Got a Prince William County police cruiser for ya .... courtesy of the S.O.B. :2thumbs:

Mike Poore
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
After watching Mike park at the last meet I agree:rofl:

YOU GUYS! :eek:

Just for that, we'll bring the Aviator. It has those back-up beeper thingeys. The MM's still up at Snow Shoe, but I'll be going up for it week after the Baltimore show, so we have it ready for the trip to Greenfield, for John & Megan's wedding.

Haggis
03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
:bump:

Ok gang the weather right now does not look good for Sunday. We will be there unless they close the roads due to conditions.

But then again what is the percentage that the weather people are right. :crossedfingers:

Bigdogjim
03-09-2005, 09:50 PM
:bump:

Ok gang the weather right now does not look good for Sunday. We will be there unless they close the roads due to conditions.

Come to Long Island :banana2: SUNNY and 40 this Sunday :P

Brutus
03-10-2005, 05:03 AM
I will not be able to make it. Maybe next time.

Bluerauder
03-10-2005, 07:57 AM
I am hearing 45 and Sunny all day on Sunday !!! :D Do you know something the rest of us don't?? :confused:

Haggis
03-10-2005, 09:08 AM
I am hearing 45 and Sunny all day on Sunday !!! :D Do you know something the rest of us don't?? :confused:

I am all knowing...all seeing. Do YOU question me?!!!? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/aiw/orc.gif

Mike Poore
03-10-2005, 09:15 AM

HUH? :eek: What's going on? You OK?

Bluerauder
03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
I am all knowing...all seeing. Do YOU question me?!!!? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/aiw/orc.gif
Oh, I forget that you live up where they get weather in bunches !!! :rolleyes:

All Knowing ... All Seeing ???? So, your Bob Ryan Junior Meteorological Do-It-Yourself Weatherman's Kit finally arrived in the mail, huh ?? ;)

MyTMerc
03-10-2005, 07:08 PM
By my count we have 4 Marauders and a Lincoln? Here's the recap of folks that rogered up so far: Did I miss anyone?

Gordon & Chris
Charlie & Bernie
Mike & Barb
Joe
Shaun

We could get a both..... We have reservations for 20-25. I'll need to adjust that so we don't tie them up. Anyone else out there going to join us for a Sunday drive to the 50's?

Joe Walsh
03-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey Shaun, I drove by Bert's today on my way back home...(stopped in to visit 'METCOM' in Hollywood)...Bert's has a big parking lot! Anyone else want to help fill it up?

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Haggis
03-11-2005, 04:42 AM
I know there are more of you out there...two days to go. Post up, some of you have even asked if we have Meets on this side of the Bay Bridge...well now we do.

Bert's 50's Diner in Mechanicsville, Md. at 2pm Sunday. BE THERE

Jeff and Julie you guys will be missed again. :(

...and another month goes by and again no a$$ whooping. :D

Mike Poore
03-11-2005, 07:27 AM
I know there are more of you out there...two days to go. Post up, some of you have even asked if we have Meets on this side of the Bay Bridge...well now we do.

Bert's 50's Diner in Mechanicsville, Md. at 2pm Sunday. BE THERE

Jeff and Julie you guys will be missed again. :(

...and another month goes by and again no a$$ whooping. :D
Yeh, well, Lisa was gonna open a can 'o whupa$$ on you. That woman's all talk; never mind they're gonna miss the big presentation.

Mike Poore
03-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey Shaun, I drove by Bert's today on my way back home...(stopped in to visit 'METCOM' in Hollywood)...Bert's has a big parking lot! Anyone else want to help fill it up?

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.
You guys are gonna drive the Cobra for Barb to see, right? :sunshine:
(I can't get one 'till she says it's OK):drool:

Haggis
03-11-2005, 10:02 AM
By my count we have 4 Marauders and a Lincoln? Here's the recap of folks that rogered up so far: Did I miss anyone?

Gordon & Chris
Charlie & Bernie
Mike & Barb
Joe
Shaun

We could get a both..... We have reservations for 20-25. I'll need to adjust that so we don't tie them up. Anyone else out there going to join us for a Sunday drive to the 50's?

Joe is Marianne coming?

MarauderMark & MarauderPeg...hop in the hoopty and get your a$$es down there... :mad2:

BigHouse (New Member) PM'd me said he will try to be there, but running 45mins late.

Stephen & Ligouri proud new parents of twins (Lincoln LS twins) Are you coming????

MarauderMark
03-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Sorry ya'll due to a new situation she will not be going to her familys either .So we hope everyone had a fantastic timeand plese post pics..:up:

Bluerauder
03-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Sorry ya'll due to a new situation she will not be going to her familys either .So we hope everyone had a fantastic timeand plese post pics..:up:
Darn buddy ... we're gonna miss ya'll !!! :( I was also curious to see what a hooptie looked like. :rofl:

Joe Walsh
03-11-2005, 04:20 PM
You guys are gonna drive the Cobra for Barb to see, right? :sunshine:
(I can't get one 'till she says it's OK):drool:

Sorry, The Cobra won't be out this weekend....my brother and I partially disassmbled it this winter and it's not all back together yet... :bigcry:
I'll be traveling 'SOLO' as Marianne will be at her niece's birthday party.

Mike Poore
03-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Sorry ya'll due to a new situation she will not be going to her familys either .So we hope everyone had a fantastic timeand plese post pics..:up:Damme me, Mark. I thought you guys would be there for the can'o whupass opening and the big presentation. An other thing, Barb wants to see your hooptie. :rofl:

BTW, it's snowing like a sumb!tch. :eek:

MarauderMark
03-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Damme me, Mark. I thought you guys would be there for the can'o whupass opening and the big presentation. An other thing, Barb wants to see your hooptie. :rofl:

BTW, it's snowing like a sumb!tch. :eek:

Darn buddy ... we're gonna miss ya'll !!! :( I was also curious to see what a hooptie looked like. :rofl:

Sorry fellas . me and Peg love to whatch the opening of whupass we allways get excited but alas cannot make it..maybe we can bring the hoopty next time it's back in the shop again.Dang hoopty's sure live up to there names don't they.. :rolleyes:

MyTMerc
03-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Sorry fellas . me and Peg love to whatch the opening of whupass we allways get excited but alas cannot make it..maybe we can bring the hoopty next time it's back in the shop again.Dang hoopty's sure live up to there names don't they.. :rolleyes:Sorry to hear you and Peg won't be joining us. Now will somebody tell me WTF is a Hoopty? Is it anything like a Henway?:D

jgc61sr2002
03-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Sorry to hear you and Peg won't be joining us. Now will somebody tell me WTF is a Hoopty? Is it anything like a Henway?:D

A POS vehicle, a junker, just something to get you around.

MyTMerc
03-12-2005, 04:32 PM
A POS vehicle, a junker, just something to get you around.Thanks:) so by definition, the rest of my fleet.

MarauderMark
03-12-2005, 04:39 PM
A POS vehicle, a junker, just something to get you around.

Heeeeeeey Now! It ain't that bad ..Jeez :lol: Whats da hecks a henway?

MyTMerc
03-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Heeeeeeey Now! It ain't that bad ..Jeez :lol: Whats da hecks a henway?About 4 pounds

Mike Poore
03-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Heeeeeeey Now! It ain't that bad ..Jeez :lol: Whats da hecks a henway?
A HENWAY??????? :rofl:
OH. THEY GO "BOUT 2 POUNDS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG. I can't believe he went for it!!!!! BWAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAA:laugh:

MarauderMark
03-12-2005, 06:13 PM
A HENWAY??????? :rofl:
OH. THEY GO "BOUT 2 POUNDS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG. I can't believe he went for it!!!!! BWAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAA:laugh:

About 4 pounds

Yeah??? A henway 3 pounds .What the heck does that mean? :dunno:You guys ok?

DEFYANT
03-12-2005, 06:39 PM
A Henway

A
Hen
Weigh

How much doeas a hen weight

Henway

Good one

MarauderMark
03-12-2005, 07:00 PM
A Henway

A
Hen
Weigh

How much doeas a hen weight

Henway

Good one

Lol i knew it .When i lived in philly on the way home from work i would pass this extermination shop that advertise they kill roaches waterbugs some other thing and at the bottom it would have Henway.So everytime i pass that place when i had someone in the car i would say it to them , there would be a pause then i got them!! Thats is so old ....So i cant belive that anyone on this board would not know it ..Thats like the one Did you hear about the accident at the corner? It was between a pontiac and a mustang ..The other person would say "what happened"? Then you say there was horsesh:censor: t and feathers all over the place...

Pontiac = Indian cheif // Mustang = Horse

Joe Walsh
03-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Got home safe in @ 1-1/2 hrs. It was great to see everyone again.

Congratulations on your new ride, and a hearty "WELCOME" to William (BIGHOUSE).
Thanks for joining us at Bert's!
Let the modifications begin....

Hey Gordon, let me know if you want any help in mounting your new 'hood ornament'.... :rofl:

Too bad that yellow RT/10 Viper turned south instead of north....I guess that Shaun 'dispatched' him.... ;)

Bluerauder
03-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Made it back home in 1 hour - 26 minutes after getting hung in traffic at the Springfield Interchange :mad: I dumped off and used Route 1 South for the rest of the trip.

Photos in a separate thread called Bert's 50s Diner .... :D

Yes, a very big MM.Net and CAM Welcome :welcome: to BigHouse !!! :up:

Haggis
03-14-2005, 04:36 AM

Thanks for joining us at Bert's!
Let the modifications begin....

Hey Gordon, let me know if you want any help in mounting your new 'hood ornament'.... :rofl:

Too bad that yellow RT/10 Viper turned south instead of north....I guess that Shaun 'dispatched' him.... ;)

Joe that's a 'Hood Oinkament'. Worth at least another 20hp with the wings. :rofl: (pics to follow in the Bert's Thread).

Arrived home safe last night after a slight detour, caught back up with the main group where 301 and 5 split. Don't argue with the co-pilot, the co-pilot is always right. :rolleyes: J/K.

It took a little over an hour as the 'Black Bomber' flys.