PDA

View Full Version : Bradenton Meet 3/12/2005

ghost03
03-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to stat a head count for those who are interested in going to Bradenton this weekend. I for one will be going. Soulriot and RoyLPita had an interest in going as well. 7:00am Meet at Sawgrass Ford we leave at 7:15.... Bill...If we have several members going try to bring the moto radio like last time:banana:

Tallboy
03-06-2005, 07:46 PM
I'll be there waitin' on you guys!!!:beer:

Bootlegger
03-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I'll be there waitin' on you guys!!!:beer:
Yeah, What Chuck said....

MaLo03
03-06-2005, 09:19 PM
I'd like to be there. Now if I only knew where Brandenton were.
You remember me....I'm the one who need directions.
Someone hook me up please. I'm in Ocoee the Orlando area.

Bootlegger
03-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I'd like to be there. Now if I only knew where Brandenton were.
You remember me....I'm the one who need directions.
Someone hook me up please. I'm in Ocoee the Orlando area.
Try this, I-75 South to exit 220, go east 9 miles, your there..

Amsoil_Dealer
03-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Try this, I-75 South to exit 220, go east 9 miles, your there..

I-4 West to I-75 of course.....

I am thinking about it......There are going to be lots and lots of spectators so it willl be hard to park together. Are you guys gonna meet somewhere outside the track (like Cracker Barrell at exit 220) and all caravan in.

Don

David Morton
03-09-2005, 07:58 AM
I-4 West to I-75 of course.....

I am thinking about it......There are going to be lots and lots of spectators so it willl be hard to park together. Are you guys gonna meet somewhere outside the track (like Cracker Barrell at exit 220) and all caravan in.

DonDidn't we meet at the first gas station off the 220 exit on the west side of I-75 last time?

My schedule says this is a NHRA Spring Ford Nationals event, so we can forget about Test & Tune.

Clicky here (http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/) for the site.

Still, it's a good idea to show up and show off. Every time I go down there I get positive comments from all the boys driving Fords and even a few from the other sides of the isle.

SouLRioT
03-09-2005, 08:15 AM
you are correct David, this is more of a Sit and BS meet than a day at the track. The main reason most of us are going on this day is because Jerry and Lidio from Michigan are coming down for it.

RoyLPita
03-09-2005, 08:39 AM
you are correct David, this is more of a Sit and BS meet than a day at the track. The main reason most of us are going on this day is because Jerry and Lidio from Michigan are coming down for it.

What he said.

Cobra25
03-09-2005, 09:48 AM
How Many Members From The East Coast Are Going Over? And Who?

SouLRioT
03-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm planing on going over. So should RoyLPita and Ghost03. I know JMRMarauder said they were interested in going aswell.

RoyLPita
03-09-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm planing on going over. So should RoyLPita and Ghost03. I know JMRMarauder said they were interested in going aswell.

Count me in.

Merc-O-matic
03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
EXit 220 is on what road. Rt 64?
Thanks, :confused:

Bootlegger
03-09-2005, 08:24 PM
EXit 220 is on what road. Rt 64?
Thanks, :confused:
Yes, exit 220 is rt 64, track is 9 miles east of i-75 on south side of road..You won't have any trouble seeing it..

Merc-O-matic
03-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the INFO...you said go EAST?
That seems to be going away from Bradenton?
Maybe it's out in the boonies. Anyway, I hope
to make it (Saturday).

Gotta Love It! :coolman:

David Morton
03-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the INFO...you said go EAST?
to make it (Saturday).

Gotta Love It! :coolman:That's a big 10-4 buddy, away from Bradenton, but considering the time of year that's actually a good thing. Big Ballz Bob and the canasta crew are floatin' along the roads of Bradenton every Saturday looking for a flea market to spend their ill-gotten winnings on card holders and retro 1890's Bicycle decks. They'll be parked across the southbound lanes of highway 41 most of the time, stopping traffic, waiting to finish a northbound left turn headed for the Red Barn Flea Market. Another caravan down to the Wagon Wheel will then ensue, same drill. As soon as they get their booty, they'll be parked across the northbound lanes, goin' south! Multiply this times the 10,000 old fart card claverns now gracing the roads of sunny Bradenton and you might get a small notion of the one thing that could make the snow and ice of the Yukon Territory seem appealing compared to Bradenton this time of year. Q-tips all over the roads here. Muuuch worse than ice.

Gotta hate it! :mad2:

Boy am I looking forward to Saturday. :D

Amsoil_Dealer
03-10-2005, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=Merc-O-matic]Thanks for the INFO...you said go EAST?
to make it (Saturday).

[QUOTE]

Yes, East is correct. It is in the boonies but that is good for a drag strip.

At the moment I am planning on coming too....Last year there was a car show as part of the event. I am wondering if we meet at exit 220, arrive in a group, and talk them in to letting us all park in the "show area". It is much closer to the track than general parking, much less dusty, and it would be cool to see all the Marauders (and my lone Vic) in the same place. How bout it?

Don

David Morton
03-10-2005, 07:38 PM
My schedule doesn't show a time but the earliest they've opened the gate on a Saturday is 9AM. I might have a date so I can't yet commit to being there at 9 but I think if somebody did and had a headcount, I think they'd probably let us rope off a line next to the fence across from the staging lanes. Being the Spring Ford Nationals, I doubt if we are gonna get up close to the show area. It'll probably be already used up with cars coming in tonight and Friday morning.

the_pack_rat
03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
So ......

I take it this would be general field parking at this event ?.

Sounds like how it used to be up in NJ at Flemington Raceway or Englishtown.

Amsoil_Dealer
03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
7:15 from Sawgrass Ford...that means you'll be at exit 220 about 10:30?

Someone call me on my cell 727-560-8367 and let me know where you are and I'll hook up with you at exit 220 about 10:30. We'll all go in together.

if any of you local guys get there early, see if you can fanagle a place for us all to park together and call me.

Don

Don

SouLRioT
03-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Sure thing. See about 10:30 then.