PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Meet & Race in May

HookedOnCV
03-08-2005, 12:17 AM
For those of you not keeping watch in the Community Discussion forum...there have been some initial plans for a get together in Iowa.

Cedar Falls Raceway (http://www.cedarfallsraceway.com) on Friday night 20-May-2005 from 6-10 PM and on Saturday 21-May-2005 racing again at 1 PM.

No other plans yet, but keep watching!

See this post for additional details... (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16015)

Eric91Z
03-09-2005, 07:03 AM
I assume you will be there with the CV, too? I would like to get a good look and possibly a ride in a modified CV since it will be between the CV LX Sport and Marauder when buying time finally gets around for us.

HookedOnCV
03-09-2005, 07:55 AM
I assume you will be there with the CV, too? I would like to get a good look and possibly a ride in a modified CV since it will be between the CV LX Sport and Marauder when buying time finally gets around for us.

Yup, I'll be there. I made hotel reservations for Friday night. I have no problem taking you for a spin in my car. BTW it is a 2001 Crown Vic LX Sport (very similar interior to the Marauder). I am bringing my BFG drag radials mounted on seperate rims for the track, and am hoping for lower (than 13.50) 13's in the 1/4 mile. My best so far is 13.81 @ 99 MPH.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you there. Hopefully we have nice weather!

Todd

Eric91Z
03-09-2005, 08:46 AM
I have been looking at the '03 and '04 CV LX Sport due to the changes to suspension and frame, just because by the time I am ready to buy, they will be priced where I am looking - based on current pricing. Now, if they Marauder's drop close to where we will be looking, then that will be the other option.

Just too bad that AED closed it's doors. I have a friend of mine that works with the son of one of the owners/partners of AED and he keeps giving me little updates when he can get them. Guess that means the only supercharger option for the CV would be the Vortech from Dennis or Zeus. i would be plenty happy to have a mid-13 second daily driver that is also reliable.