PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler coolant type

RF Overlord
03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
My MM came with Motorcraft Premium Gold (G-05) coolant, but I notice the intercooler uses the regular green coolant. I'd rather not support 2 different coolants in one car...can I use the G-05 stuff in the intercooler circuit?

RoyLPita
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
According to Carfixer, he uses the green coolant in the intercooler just in case there is a leak, it will be very noticable to detect.

MarauderMark
03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
My MM came with Motorcraft Premium Gold (G-05) coolant, but I notice the intercooler uses the regular green coolant. I'd rather not support 2 different coolants in one car...can I use the G-05 stuff in the intercooler circuit?

I said this to Dennis and was told the green is better. why? i don't know..

BillyGman
03-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Who says the green is supposed to be used? I don't remember it saying that in the Trilogy manual. I use the Yellow coolant, and I believe that in Logan's pics of his Trilogized Marauder, I saw that he too used the yellow coolant in the intercooler when he had his car also.

Tallboy
03-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I don't think it matters which color you use, as I have seen both types in different Trilogy equipped cars. Brian is right about the easy leak detection of two different colors of coolant. I have green coolant in both reservoirs, as I feel it's important to be color-coordinated.:)

I just spoke with a Trilogy installer. He said you can use whatever you like. No difference.

Cobra25
03-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't think it matters which color you use, as I have seen both types in different Trilogy equipped cars. Brian is right about the easy leak detection of two different colors of coolant. I have green coolant in both reservoirs, as I feel it's important to be color-coordinated.:)

I just spoke with a Trilogy installer. He said you can use whatever you like. No difference. Carfixer did my Trilogy and he used the Green in my Trilogy & I have the Gold in my car also for the same reason Tallboy stated. I also asked Trilogy before the install and it doesn't matter.

BillyGman
03-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Carfixer did my Trilogy and he used the Green in my Trilogy & I have the Gold in my car also for the same reason Tallboy stated. I also asked Trilogy before the install and it doesn't matter.Thanks for that confirmation.......BTW, I didn't know you've went and Trilogized your car. Cool!!!

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-08-2005, 03:40 PM
When they did my install they used Peak Antifreeze.(GREEN) This is also what is shown in a picture in the install manual. (pg.135) :cool:

dwasson
03-08-2005, 03:50 PM

It mixes better with tequila.

BillyGman
03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
It mixes better with tequila.and eveyone knows that Tequila prevents pinging.

MarauderMark
03-08-2005, 04:52 PM

Also when my wife had an accident with our SSEI(Car b4 the MM) they replaced the orange with the green i also ask them why they did that .they said there was a better chance of less corosion or bulidup in the cooling system.. :dunno: it's empty put in whatever you can..how about mixing the two is it ok?

BillyGman
03-08-2005, 04:59 PM
The green costs less, and I'm sure that was a factor. I don't think they can be mixed. BTW, I think there are actually three different ones....orange, yellow, and green.

jgc61sr2002
03-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Bob - Using two different colors of antifreeze sounds like a good idea. If you have a coolant leak you will know which system it is.

shakes_26
03-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Ah yes Coolant coordination, just what the most fashionable MMs will be using this spring.

And you no wanna mix de coolant colors (mostly), bad juju Bwana. Clicky clicky :puke:
(http://www.eetcorp.com/antifreeze/Coolants_matrix.pdf)

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Aren't the radiator and intercooler part of one system that gets circulated together and not seperately? :dunno:

Tallboy
03-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Two completely seperate systems.:)

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks Tallboy. ;)