PDA

View Full Version : southern meet

LightningVic
02-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Hey guys, I am sorry to hear about the failer NY meet, and I hope everyone is doing ok in the snow up there. Anyone in the south want to try and put a meet together? Id love to hang out with the 4 valve guys lol, wouldnt mind a drag race either. Anybody whos interested just post here I guess and we can try and get something going.

Mad1
02-19-2003, 10:28 AM
I'm interested. I guess when and where will depend on who else wants in. (or offers the best incentives for coming to their area.)

ROAD TRIP!:D

03 Merc
02-19-2003, 01:26 PM
How about Atlanta?

It is centrally located, the "Capitol of the New South"

It does have an active SVTOA Chapter. Tie in to an event maybe?

Not far to the mountains, The Tail of the Dragon beckons...3+ hours

4+ hours to Savannah..

Plenty of places to stay, eat, and should I mention the night life?:censor: :nono: :eek:

5 of us already meet here in Atlanta plus it is close for several others as well...

MAD-3R
02-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Maybe. I am interested, but time and money.

martyo
02-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Lightning: What failed New York meet??

gonzo50
02-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Well, I stay about 45 miles from Savannah in a growing Community known as "Home Of The 3rd. INF. DIV. Marne Soldier", Hinesville, Ga. I would like to meet if possible and am interested. Hopefully it wont be an inconvenience for anyone, including myself. Lets see what happens. :cool:

Bob Mathis
02-21-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm in would love to have one here in the south. Atlanta is good for me 03 Merc. and I'll help too.

03 Merc
02-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Gonzo,

You are about 4 hours from us..

The good news is the local SVT chapter is doing a cruise to Warner Robins, GA to the Air Museum soon. When I get the new date I'll make sure you have it since Macon is a lot closer for you..

BTW When I was assigned at Ft Stewart (Home of the 24th Inf. "Victory" Division before this renumbering stuff) we called Hinesville "Hooterville"...is that term of endearment still used?