PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Boy! Another wax thread!

Ross
03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
There is a mobile detailing service that comes to our office every Thursday. They do good work, and I have had my MM washed and waxed a number of times by them. Over the past couple of years, they have used several waxes on my car, some of their choosing and some supplied by me, with predictably varying results.
I ordered some Maguire's NXT Tech Wax from Maguire's because I couldn't find it locally. The detailers love it! They say that they have never seen a wax which does so well on black cars, and that they are going to order some for their own use.
I have to agree. This stuff gives a deep black shine with fewer swirl marks than anything else I have used. As a matter of fact, after several applications, it seems that more swirl marks disappear each time and the black becomes blacker.
I'm happy! :beer:

Dark_Knight7096
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM
That stuff was actually recommended to me (albeit by Maguire's), but as of yet i have not yet bought it, but i think i'll go give that stuff a try. Thank's for the thread.

ctrcbob
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Collinite "Insulator Wax" www.collinite.com (http://www.collinite.com) Wax, not polish.

(Oh Boy, Another Wax Thread :D )

Fourth Horseman
03-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I too have nothing but good things to say about the NXT wax. It's pretty much all I use now. Good stuff.

Cobra25
03-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I too have nothing but good things to say about the NXT wax. It's pretty much all I use now. Good stuff. I have to agree with you ,its what I use 75 % of the time. The other 25 % Meg #26.Yellow wax.

Bigdogjim
03-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Collinite "Insulator Wax" www.collinite.com (http://www.collinite.com) Wax, not polish.

(Oh Boy, Another Wax Thread :D )

Big Dog tested....Big Dog approved :beer:

Marauder2005
03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
I must be the only one to leave a "so so" comment about the NXT.I tried it on my black Crown Vic when I had it and I did not really like it so much..It seemed as though it really only lasted a week or two, the shine was good though. I seem to be hooked on Zaino now.

jgc61sr2002
03-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Ross - Where did you order the NXT?. I couldn't find it locally.

cam
03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Great Products, highly worth trying.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp
:rock:

MENINBLK
03-10-2005, 08:08 PM
You can find NXT at WallyWorld and Autozone...

ELKO1
03-10-2005, 08:25 PM
A good clearcoat safe polish i have used on older dark colored vehicles is Safe Cut by the wax shop, for a sealent, Maguires Gold class or Yellow wax is great.

jgc61sr2002
03-10-2005, 08:31 PM
You can find NXT at WallyWorld and Autozone...

Thanks will try Autozone.

Ross
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Ross - Where did you order the NXT?. I couldn't find it locally.

I couldn't find it either. I had to go to Meguiar's website to get their main number and order it.
www.meguiars.com

Big House
03-11-2005, 08:04 AM
I guess I am different from you all. I use a product called Dri, Wash and Guard. It, for those of you that haven't heard of it, is a waterless carwash and wax w/ protective glaze system. I was extremely skeptical of something I would apply to a completely dirty car and it not scratch my paint. To my utter amazement, not only did this stuff clean the s**t off my car, I have never seen that kind of shine before in my life. I haved worked for a minute as a car detailer and this was the best stuff I have ever seen. I know Zaino to a lot of people is king but if you get a chance or happen to run by someone that has some...take a look....you might like it.

wchain
03-11-2005, 08:30 AM
There is a mobile detailing service that comes to our office every Thursday. They do good work, and I have had my MM washed and waxed a number of times by them. Over the past couple of years, they have used several waxes on my car, some of their choosing and some supplied by me, with predictably varying results.
I ordered some Maguire's NXT Tech Wax from Maguire's because I couldn't find it locally. The detailers love it! They say that they have never seen a wax which does so well on black cars, and that they are going to order some for their own use.
I have to agree. This stuff gives a deep black shine with fewer swirl marks than anything else I have used. As a matter of fact, after several applications, it seems that more swirl marks disappear each time and the black becomes blacker.
I'm happy! :beer:

Wal Mart and OReilly's Has it...and I had a bottle of some you coulda used....... :confused:

Kramer
03-11-2005, 08:42 AM
I guess I am different from you all. I use a product called Dri, Wash and Guard. It, for those of you that haven't heard of it, is a waterless carwash and wax w/ protective glaze system. I was extremely skeptical of something I would apply to a completely dirty car and it not scratch my paint. To my utter amazement, not only did this stuff clean the s**t off my car, I have never seen that kind of shine before in my life. I haved worked for a minute as a car detailer and this was the best stuff I have ever seen. I know Zaino to a lot of people is king but if you get a chance or happen to run by someone that has some...take a look....you might like it.
Seems to me that Dri, Wash and Guard is not really practical. Its only for light dirt so in most situations you have to wash the car first.

Perhaps in the summer its great to keep a shine, but most foul weather driving here leaves a car more dirty than the product can handle.

Plus it aint cheap.

Sactown
03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
I've tried NXT and it is OK, but for me it doesn't compare to Zaino.

Big House
03-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Kramer,

That isn't necessary true. This stuff has pounded through some definite soap and water dirt with absolutly no damage to the clear coat or the paint. And true it does cost a little more than the average but to do to jobs at one time, that has to account for something. I have tried the comventional paste waxes and the liquids also. You just seem to do the same job twice because after you finish waxing with a paste wax you have to go back and clean out all the cracks, but DWG is my choice for a terrific finish.

Seems to me that Dri, Wash and Guard is not really practical. Its only for light dirt so in most situations you have to wash the car first.

Perhaps in the summer its great to keep a shine, but most foul weather driving here leaves a car more dirty than the product can handle.

Plus it aint cheap.