PDA

View Full Version : Alernative Auto in Bradenton

Tallboy
03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Lidio made the trip to Bradenton with his black 2005 Mustang GT. The car looks even better in person, and Lidio ran a best time today [at least the best time I saw] of 12.9 seconds in the 1/4 mile!!!!:burnout: WOW!

He even hand-delivered new tunes and reprogrammed hand-held tuners to some of the members here in Florida. [A few guys had bought tunes elsewhere and were not happy. They're happy now.] Save yourself some money and a lot of hassle-if you're considering a chip or a tuner, call Lidio first. ;)

Cobra25
03-13-2005, 07:01 AM
Lidio made the trip to Bradenton with his black 2005 Mustang GT. The car looks even better in person, and Lidio ran a best time today [at least the best time I saw] of 12.9 seconds in the 1/4 mile!!!!:burnout: WOW!

He even hand-delivered new tunes and reprogrammed hand-held tuners to some of the members here in Florida. [A few guys had bought tunes elsewhere and were not happy. They're happy now.] Save yourself some money and a lot of hassle-if you're considering a chip or a tuner, call Lidio first. ;) I agree with you Chuck, Ghost03 & I talked after Lidio tuned his Marauder and it runs great. Lidio is the Man to go too. :bows:

jjaguda
03-13-2005, 07:08 AM
I'll jump on this wagon.

I PM'd Lidio last Thursday (I believe) and he responded, from Florida, at about 6am the next day!

CRUZTAKER
03-13-2005, 07:18 AM
....... call Lidio first. ;)
ABSOOOOLUTELY. :up:

Bootlegger
03-13-2005, 07:41 AM
No problems here, Thanks Lidio for all your help..

RoyLPita
03-13-2005, 10:38 AM

He even hand-delivered new tunes and reprogrammed hand-held tuners to some of the members here in Florida. [A few guys had bought tunes elsewhere and were not happy. They're happy now.] Save yourself some money and a lot of hassle-if you're considering a chip or a tuner, call Lidio first. ;)

What he said.

Tallboy
03-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I'll jump on this wagon.

I PM'd Lidio last Thursday (I believe) and he responded, from Florida, at about 6am the next day!He's that kind of guy. No sooner did he arrive at the track this morning, another member shows up with a tuning concern. Lidio grabs his laptop and excalibrator and off they go! Tuning problem [which, by the way, wasn't his] corrected. I'm telling you, this guy wrote the book on customer service.:cool:

jjaguda
03-13-2005, 05:29 PM
He's that kind of guy. No sooner did he arrive at the track this morning, another member shows up with a tuning concern. Lidio grabs his laptop and excalibrator and off they go! Tuning problem [which, by the way, wasn't his] corrected. I'm telling you, this guy wrote the book on customer service.:cool:
I AGREE!

Jason at Lidio's shop said Lidio will be back in the shop on Tuesday. I plan to call and have him set up a couple of tunes for my MACH 1.
(By the way, my explanation of my positive experience with Alternative Automotive is simply that - an explanation. I believe that when a business that is in the business of customer service goes above and beyond the all-so-typical "its not my job" mentality, that business should get recognition. I beleive this to be true whether it be a vendor on this site or a local shop.)

Bradley G
03-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Lidio has a great tune for our Marauders.He is always quick to share his info with the board.He will take the time to understand what you are trying to do, and explain realistically what gains he feels you should expect, from certain mods.I have his tune now, and I hope to get him to dynotune my car also.
Bradley G

ghost03
03-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I got my tune from him on saturday at the track and inserted in my MM b4 i left the parking lot and im extremly happy. For the first time i wish that I-75 had street lights so i could spin tires up and down the street from a dead stop. The car shifts great and smooth.....Thanks Lidio

MI2QWK4U
03-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I AGREE!

Jason at Lidio's shop said Lidio will be back in the shop on Tuesday. I plan to call and have him set up a couple of tunes for my MACH 1.
(By the way, my explanation of my positive experience with Alternative Automotive is simply that - an explanation. I believe that when a business that is in the business of customer service goes above and beyond the all-so-typical "its not my job" mentality, that business should get recognition. I beleive this to be true whether it be a vendor on this site or a local shop.)

You will love your Mach 1 after its done by Lidio! I stopped at Lidios shop on my way home from the dealership when I picked up my 04 Mach 1 w/automatic trans. Before it even hit my garage it had a new multi program chip including a high octane fuel setting and underdrive pullies. The before and after was night and day, the automatic grabs brutal rubber in 3 gears! Results were obvious at the track 13.30 at 103 mph.
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252Marauder_1667m-med.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252Marauder_1664m-med.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252Marauder_1662m-med.jpg

sailsmen
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
The Mach I is one of my favorites, particularly in Grabber Blue!

MI2QWK4U
03-13-2005, 08:22 PM
The Mach I is one of my favorites, particularly in Grabber Blue!

Thanks, its a rocket....cant wait to get it blown!

jjaguda
03-13-2005, 08:33 PM

Thats a damn nice looking car. Rubber in three gears? I'll give it a try. Mine spins second pretty well now. The first time I hit WOT with the the car after trading my '02 GT in on the '04 MACH, the rear wheels almost past up the front wheels. I look forward to getting the Alternative tune.

MI2QWK4U
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Thats a damn nice looking car. Rubber in three gears? I'll give it a try. Mine spins second pretty well now. The first time I hit WOT with the the car after trading my '02 GT in on the '04 MACH, the rear wheels almost past up the front wheels. I look forward to getting the Alternative tune.

Yep. Rubber easily from a dead dig, if you dont watch it the rear wheels really do pass up the fronts! Then it hits real hard and leaves a patch from 1st to 2nd, and still has enough for a respectable 2nd to 3rd squawk.

I will be getting new tires this week hopefully, I picked up a set of AFS replica Mach 1 Rims done in black Chrome....they look hot.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/79/20/22_3.JPG

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/79/27/97_3.JPG

tmac1337
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I got my tune from him on saturday at the track and inserted in my MM b4 i left the parking lot and im extremly happy. For the first time i wish that I-75 had street lights so i could spin tires up and down the street from a dead stop. The car shifts great and smooth.....Thanks Lidio

Glad to hear that you have a great tune in your car!

Lidio
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Man I did not want to get back to brown grass and white stuff every where. I need to live in Florida, at least from November to March!

It was great meeting a few new guys and seeing the few again that I met last year. Always a pleasure to help out.

I’m looking forward to this summers Woodward cruise and all the out of state MM’s that are planning to come to Michigan at that time.

Thanks for the support.

bigslim
03-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Lidio, glad to see you made it back home safely.

Bradley G
03-15-2005, 05:19 AM
Hang in there Lidio! We should be trading the white stuff and Brown grass for Gray days and lots of melted white stuff!Glad to hear you guy's had fun in Fla. Congrats on the '05 Stang Lidio, very sweeet!
Bradley G
Man I did not want to get back to brown grass and white stuff every where. I need to live in Florida, at least from November to March!

It was great meeting a few new guys and seeing the few again that I met last year. Always a pleasure to help out.

I’m looking forward to this summers Woodward cruise and all the out of state MM’s that are planning to come to Michigan at that time.

Thanks for the support.

04funmerc
03-15-2005, 07:22 AM
What he said.
Thanks, sure do apreciat the info. Owe you at least one:beer: or two :beer: .

04 MM w/ moon. 681318

04funmerc
03-15-2005, 08:43 AM
You will love your Mach 1 after its done by Lidio! I stopped at Lidios shop on my way home from the dealership when I picked up my 04 Mach 1 w/automatic trans. Before it even hit my garage it had a new multi program chip including a high octane fuel setting and underdrive pullies. The before and after was night and day, the automatic grabs brutal rubber in 3 gears! Results were obvious at the track 13.30 at 103 mph.
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252Marauder_1667m-med.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252Marauder_1664m-med.jpg
What you said :) about Lido's. I went to his website and really liked what I read about his approach to tuning a car. NOT pushing the ragged edge. Orderd my SCT from his shop yesterday, for my stock MM :D :D :D !
NICE MACH 1 , Hope to see it soon.