PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles meetings

NOTMYBOAT
03-15-2005, 12:14 AM
I was just wondering where you guys meet. I live in Downtown off of 8th street. Let me know, I wouldn't mind attending one.

Clark

ParkRanger
03-15-2005, 02:59 PM
I was just wondering where you guys meet. I live in Downtown off of 8th street. Let me know, I wouldn't mind attending one.

Clark

Clark:

We do get together - but it seems not as often as the other US areas. Keep posted 'cause the time will come real soon! :D :beer:

PR :burnout:

LVMarauder
03-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Clark:

We do get together - but it seems not as often as the other US areas. Keep posted 'cause the time will come real soon! :D :beer:

PR :burnout:

Im up at UCSB but Id like to drive down and attend some meets and meet my fellow Cali Marauders.

Directedby
03-15-2005, 04:03 PM
LACR has 1/4 times April 30, Sat 5 PM.

Maybe we can do a meet then?

STLThunder
03-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Just a note: I'm visiting my new grandson (born 3/7/05) in Sherman Oaks. Saw a black MM heading east on Ventura Blvd. near Kester (Mel's Diner on corner) Was that any one here?

Directedby
03-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Just a note: I'm visiting my new grandson (born 3/7/05) in Sherman Oaks. Saw a black MM heading east on Ventura Blvd. near Kester (Mel's Diner on corner) Was that any one here?

That's where I live. Were you in a BMW giving me the thumbs up?

STLThunder
03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
That's where I live. Were you in a BMW giving me the thumbs up?

Yep, that was me. My wife said I was behaving like a child because I wasn't in my MM so the other driver (you) would think I was an idiot.

My daughter and son-in-law live on Greenleaf so we were turning rt. on Kester.

Directedby
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Yep, that was me. My wife said I was behaving like a child because I wasn't in my MM so the other driver (you) would think I was an idiot.

My daughter and son-in-law live on Greenleaf so we were turning rt. on Kester.

No, I didn't think you were an idiot - just a guy who liked me car. Was hoping you wanted to race, but you turned....

I live one block from Greenleaf.

NAVCHAP
03-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Anyone going to Good Guys in San Diego at Del Mar Fairgrounds and Horse Track? Right off the I-5. First weekend in April. Going up there with one of my navchap colleagues. Probably Saturday 02 April.

Also, if folks want a tour of the ship we can make it happen, along with a mini meet, one of the next few weekends. Come to chat tomorrow night, 16 March, to discuss possible events.

Regards, -kjs-

LVMarauder
03-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Something in april sounds good. What ship are u refering to navchap?

STLThunder
03-16-2005, 11:54 AM
No, I didn't think you were an idiot - just a guy who liked me car. Was hoping you wanted to race, but you turned....

I live one block from Greenleaf.

Small world! I see you're in the entertainment business. So are my daughter and son-in-law. She in Films (publicity), he in Television (TV Academy).

Directedby
03-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Small world! I see you're in the entertainment business. So are my daughter and son-in-law. She in Films (publicity), he in Television (TV Academy).

My x-wife was in publicity and I am the Governor of the Television Academy. Also won a few Emmy Awards.

STLThunder
03-16-2005, 06:28 PM
My x-wife was in publicity and I am the Governor of the Television Academy. Also won a few Emmy Awards.

Then you probably know my son-in-law, Michael. he's the Executive Producer of the Archives of American Television.

FiveO
03-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Get a room you two ;)

:D

Just kidding! Small world eh?

Directedby
03-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Then you probably know my son-in-law, Michael. he's the Executive Producer of the Archives of American Television.

The head of the archives has spoken to the Board and I was there. Don't remember his name.

Small world.

I have a Board meeting tonight at the Academy.

STLThunder
03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
The head of the archives has spoken to the Board and I was there. Don't remember his name.

Small world.

I have a Board meeting tonight at the Academy.

HOLY 2X4 BATMAN! You have a board meeting tonight? :lol: Sorry, visited your website and couldn't resist.

Anyway, it is a small world. I'll tell my son-in-law you met him, but can't remember his name. It'll do wonders for his ego :lol: