PDA

View Full Version : Time to switch to slicks?!

Digital Man
03-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Just curious when the rest of you are planning on taking the snows off? I am anxious to, especially since I have a bit of a trek ahead of me over the next week.

I'd also like to keep some decent tread on my snow tires for next season.

So the question is, living in Southern Ontario, do you think this week is too soon? If so, when do you think it is viable?

Cheers!
:burnout:

BTW - I know they aren't slicks.....

wesman
03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Definately time for drys

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/`1/dryslicks.jpg

GarageMahal
03-15-2005, 04:42 PM
As another northern brother I have been wondering the same thing. The weather here looks good but I have decided to keep them on for a little while longer to give the road crews some time to fix all the wheel denting holes.

jta

FiveO
03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Lidio PM'ed me...my widened rims went out today and are on their way home!!!

Nitto's sitting in the garage waiting to be mounted :D

Car on jackstands....ready to be driven!!!!

CRUZTAKER
03-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Living in Cleveland...I make the swap April 5th. Rule of thumb, snow is done.

As for you, being futher north, I am not sure. We get the occational lake effect late in the season, but the ground is too warm to hold it for very long.

As far as slicks....March 25th!!!
That's when the local track opens for the season!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!!!!!:bandit:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627DSC04353-med.JPG

QWK SVT
03-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Just curious when the rest of you are planning on taking the snows off? I am anxious to, especially since I have a bit of a trek ahead of me over the next week.

I'd also like to keep some decent tread on my snow tires for next season.

So the question is, living in Southern Ontario, do you think this week is too soon? If so, when do you think it is viable?

Cheers!
:burnout:

BTW - I know they aren't slicks.....
I'm anxious, but am holding back for another week, or two...

With the cool evenings/nights, and the fact that there's still snow to melt I think there will be a few nights over the next week, or two, where some ice builds up on the roads. Give the great winter traction properties of the stickers, I'm not taking my snows off, just yet.

Besides, the roads are still caked with salt... Don't want to make a mess of the nice wheels.

wesman
03-15-2005, 06:57 PM

Has anybody ever tried fitting the widened rims on the front? I am sure with the Nitto 305s it would be tight, but racetracks aren't that twisty. Wanna try it FiveO?

FiveO
03-15-2005, 07:29 PM
We'll see....I'm really anxious to get her on dry pavement with the Nitto's on the back first :)

When I've got it at the shop I'll see if they can do a quick switheroo just to check.

wesman
03-15-2005, 07:48 PM
That would be wicked. I have some BBS LM 18 X 9.5 that I will throw some 285s on (the top tire in the picture above) but something wider would be better.

MENINBLK
03-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I took the snow shoes off last week !

Canadasvt
03-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I've lasted all winter without snows. Only had it sideways once without me asking for it. But I'm sure I'll need some snows next season, plus I get tired of keeping those wheels salt/sand-free!

:beer:

Digital Man
03-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, my main concern with putting them on now is the salt and sand. Its still pretty nasty out there.

BTW - Canadasvt - Where did you get your Marauder. I don't see too many '04s around. :high5: I had to get my out of the states. I was actually hoping I was the only one.:D

Canadasvt
03-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Sheridan Ford in Mississauga had a used 03 black MM on the lot. When I started chating with the salesman on-line, he mentioned they had a brand new 04 in the showroom. The salesman almost sunk the deal when, in front of the wife and baby, he gave me a 04 Marauder brochure that states on the cover "0-100 in less than 7 seconds". The wife didn't have a clue of the 'big luxury boat' performance until then.:cool:

Where is The Hammer anyway:confused:

MENINBLK
03-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Sheridan Ford in Mississauga had a used 03 black MM on the lot. When I started chating with the salesman on-line, he mentioned they had a brand new 04 in the showroom. The salesman almost sunk the deal when, in front of the wife and baby, he gave me a 04 Marauder brochure that states on the cover "0-100 in less than 7 seconds". The wife didn't have a clue of the 'big luxury boat' performance until then.:cool:

Where is The Hammer anyway:confused:

0-60 Yes...
0-100, not in this lifetime...

Canadasvt
03-16-2005, 09:41 PM
0-60 Yes...
0-100, not in this lifetime...
100kph = 62mph :cool4:

1stMerc
03-16-2005, 09:48 PM

Now that's a true mouse motor.:burnout:

Digital Man
03-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Where is The Hammer anyway:confused:Hamilton, don't ya know!? :shake: