PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

TRMach1
02-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I'd like to introduce myself to you folks. My name is Jim, I live in New Castle, Delaware, and while I do not own a Mercury Marauder, I own it's cousin, the Mustang Mach 1. I figured some of the things you folks are doing over here to help the performance of the Marauder may translate over to the Mach 1. If anyone here would like to see what's going on with the Mach 1, you can find me and bunch of other maniacs over on the Mach1Registry.com. Over there my handle is Black98GT (former ride). Anyway, I hope we can all benefit from each other.

WolfeBros
02-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Welcome Jim. You will find that this site is full of performance car enthusiast's that just happen to drive Marauders. Most are open minded and we all seem to like the same things....fast cars. Heck even the Chevy SS guys hang with us from time to time. :D

Murader03
02-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Jim, Welcome! I live down around Summit Airpark. Been through a '94 GT vert, '96 Mystic Cobra, and a '99 Cobra vert, on my way to the MM this past November. The '99 Cobra had 100,000 miles when traded. Might has stayed with the '03 Cobra, but my tired ole body was having a hard time getting in and out of the '99. Besides, I needed a bigger car. Again, Welcome!

golfnut
02-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Welcome Jim. I have been a member of this site for a couple weeks now. I have gained a ton on tips from here. My wife has an 02 GT. I troed to get her to wait on the new Mach 1 thats out, but she has no patients.

Hey WolfeBros, Im in your neck of the woods. Id love to swap shop talk with ya.

03 Merc
02-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Jim,

You might want to look at the SVTOA boards as well for tips as we are both very close to the 01 Cobra motor, my previous "toy". A lot of the 01 goodies should fit right on your Mach1 since the body is the same...

My last Mach1 was a 72 with the 351C..talk about the project from hell, this was 10 years ago before the 71-73 Stangs got popular...

Welcome aboard..

TRMach1
02-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I see you guys have adopted Dennis Reinhart as your performance guru. He seems to be a very knowledgable guy, and I've been following his mods to a Mach 1 down in Jacksonville very closely.

Murader03, I know where you live, I might have to stop down sometime! BTW, do you have a "go to" shop where you get your mods done? I'm looking for someplace around Delaware, Md, NJ, PA, where I can get things like gears and exhaust installed at a reasonable price.

03 Merc, I'm checking out all the boards!! Hell, I even go on the Navigator, Aviator, Explorer truck boards because some of those guys can get really radical with mods too!

Thanks again, I hope to learn a few things from you guys.

Mark McQuaide
02-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Hey Jim, I'm in PA about 15 minutes north of Newark. Welcome - and nice car. Do they still do the get-togethers at Fox Run in Bear?

TRMach1
02-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Mark McQuaide
Hey Jim, I'm in PA about 15 minutes north of Newark. Welcome - and nice car. Do they still do the get-togethers at Fox Run in Bear?
Hey Mark, used to live in Landenberg PA myself! I graduated from Avon Grove High, way back in '72.

Yeah, as far as I know they still have cruise nights at Fox Run Shopping Center from spring through the fall. I never participated in any, but that could change in the future.

TAF
02-21-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm sure that is a lot of fun....welcome!

JAL
02-21-2003, 07:01 AM
Welcome aboard. Another person right in my area, cool!

I'm up on 52 in West Chester. But I work, well everywhere...but I frequent southern Chesco and upper Delaware a lot.

Jeff