PDA

View Full Version : ProCharger Razzle Dazzle

tmac1337
03-16-2005, 03:50 PM
These pics show polished ceramic coated kit tubing.

The look just like chrome and have thermal resistant properties, the same stuff that coats exhaust headers and manifolds.

For those of you that have been following my air box thread, it is also installed until I can test temps on Friday with a pyrometer to see if it works or not.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1835razzle_2.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1835razzle_3.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1835razzle_1.jpg

MarauderMark
03-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Damn nice job! Thats looks alot better .:up:

tmac1337
03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
I took these pics with some sunlight hitting. I will take some more after the sun goes done to see if I can get some more color in without that reflective bleedout.

maraudernkc
03-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Tim, you are now in the Bling Bling club. Look's good! I am getting mine done also. Thanks for finding this guy.

tmac1337
03-16-2005, 04:32 PM
A couple of darker shots.
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1835razzle_4.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1835razzle_5.jpg

NAVCHAP
03-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Tmac, really looks great, nice job! Sorry I can't join y'all at Tower Shops Friday, but I'll try to get out there sometime in the next few weeks. Regards, -kjs-

HwyCruiser
03-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Pretty sharp!

Cobra25
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I stopped by Tims today and give him a little help putting it back together. He did most of it. The ceramic coatings Looked really nice. I'm sure it will reduce the air intake temps. Also Give it a cleaner look. The air box Tim made look's much better installed than in the first pic's he put out. Nice job Tim!

RoyLPita
03-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Very nice. How much would they charge you to do the filter cover?

tmac1337
03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I stopped by Tims today and give him a little help putting it back together. He did most of it. The ceramic coatings Looked really nice. I'm sure it will reduce the air intake temps. Also Give it a cleaner look. The air box Tim made look's much better installed than in the first pic's he put out. Nice job Tim!

Thanks for lending a hand Z!

While Z and I were out taking my car for a test drive we went through the intersection where he laid some rubber down the other night.

And in the daylight, there was lots of it! A 2 tire "Z"oro signature...... :)

jgc61sr2002
03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
tmac - Looks great. :D Very nice job. :up:

Eric91Z
03-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Looks really good. Any plans to do something with the upper intake piece?

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Looks really good. Any plans to do something with the upper intake piece?

It's been done too, just can't see it well in these pics.

Warpath
03-17-2005, 09:27 AM
I thought about doing this on my Cobra but was afraid that the boosted air temp was higher than the engine compartment temp. I could never find out for sure. Therefore, the heat would escape out of the tubing. With the coating, it may keep the heat in. You will need before and after coating temp measurements on the same vehicle at the same time. In other words, get some uncoated tubes and run both.

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 12:58 PM
I thought about doing this on my Cobra but was afraid that the boosted air temp was higher than the engine compartment temp. I could never find out for sure. Therefore, the heat would escape out of the tubing. With the coating, it may keep the heat in. You will need before and after coating temp measurements on the same vehicle at the same time. In other words, get some uncoated tubes and run both.

With the exception of the top tube after the MAF, only the tubes after the intercooler have been coated, after air cooling has taken place. The tubes are coated inside and out. Engine heat should not be effecting the air traveling through the tubes. The coating resists heat up to 1300 degrees. I do not think that AIT depends on wether or not heat escapes from the tubing, that is what the intercooler is for, to cool it down in the first place.

I have already taken numerous air temp measurements throughout the kit prior to the coating. I am going to take some more tomorrow.

The air temps will show the real deal.

Warpath, did you have a intercooler on your Cobra?

If not you probably have a point if the air after the blower gets routed directly into the engine intake without being intercooled first.

kurly
03-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Perdy ! :o

Dennis Reinhart
03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I took these pics with some sunlight hitting. I will take some more after the sun goes done to see if I can get some more color in without that reflective bleedout.
Looks good Tim

Warpath
03-31-2005, 10:25 AM
With the exception of the top tube after the MAF, only the tubes after the intercooler have been coated, after air cooling has taken place. The tubes are coated inside and out. Engine heat should not be effecting the air traveling through the tubes. The coating resists heat up to 1300 degrees. I do not think that AIT depends on wether or not heat escapes from the tubing, that is what the intercooler is for, to cool it down in the first place.

I have already taken numerous air temp measurements throughout the kit prior to the coating. I am going to take some more tomorrow.

The air temps will show the real deal.

Warpath, did you have a intercooler on your Cobra?

If not you probably have a point if the air after the blower gets routed directly into the engine intake without being intercooled first.

I've been away for a while. I didn't realize it was after cooler. Then it probably would help to keep the intake air protected from engine compartment heat. My Cobra is not intercooled.

tmac1337
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
I've been away for a while. I didn't realize it was after cooler. Then it probably would help to keep the intake air protected from engine compartment heat. My Cobra is not intercooled.

Everything is working fine. One day I ran the car it was 95 degrees out and the car was run hard after aquiring a new tune from Diablosport. The coating keeps the air cooled after it leaves the intercooler right up into the engine intake which I have since measured several times with a multi-lead pyrometer, which allows me to get readings from 3 parts of the kit simultaneously.

Air to air intercooling is a hot debate vs. air to water. All I can say is that a lot of mustangs, yours included, do not run intercoolers at all. When I go to the car shows in S. FL is see one S/Ced stang after the other without intercoolers as they are probably running between 6-9 psi. How much are you running? And mind you that S. FL is one of the hottest parts of the country with high temps and obscene humidity. A good friend of mine just installed a Vortech kit he purchased on his 05 Mustang GT, no intercooler. My car along with all those other stangs are running just fine without air to water. I guess it is just preference. Performance wise air to air works! After testing my temps repeatedly, I know air to air is a good option for the MM.

Warpath
04-02-2005, 01:26 PM
No cooler for me. The kit's rated at 8 psi. But, I think most s/cs are underrated. Lidio measured it to be 11 psi near redline. My autometer gauge measures about 10 (I trust Lidio's measurement more than mine). For the most part, you don't really need a cooler unless boost is high (maybe higher than 15 psi - a guess). Most people don't run that high which is why I believe most people don't use coolers. Cost can be a barrier too. There is a pressure drop with coolers. So, you will have to change pulleys to get boost back. There is a lot of tubing involved with air to air. So, I would image more boost loss with them. Air to water is a pretty short run. However, there are more parts involved (water pump, water cooler, tank, etc.). One advantage of air to water is that you can load the water tank with ice for 1320 runs. Properly designed coolers will cool boost the same amount with the similar drops in pressure. I've heard some people complain about driveabity problems with coolers though.

tmac1337
04-02-2005, 04:04 PM
No cooler for me. The kit's rated at 8 psi. But, I think most s/cs are underrated. Lidio measured it to be 11 psi near redline. My autometer gauge measures about 10 (I trust Lidio's measurement more than mine). For the most part, you don't really need a cooler unless boost is high (maybe higher than 15 psi - a guess). Most people don't run that high which is why I believe most people don't use coolers. Cost can be a barrier too. There is a pressure drop with coolers. So, you will have to change pulleys to get boost back. There is a lot of tubing involved with air to air. So, I would image more boost loss with them. Air to water is a pretty short run. However, there are more parts involved (water pump, water cooler, tank, etc.). One advantage of air to water is that you can load the water tank with ice for 1320 runs. Properly designed coolers will cool boost the same amount with the similar drops in pressure. I've heard some people complain about driveabity problems with coolers though.

Well said, I started a thread well over a year ago about the need for air to water, or the need for intercooling at all, and was basically torn to pieces. :(

It may be necessary for a roots blower to have air/water vs. a centrifugal blower depending on how much heat each unit makes.

I could go to a smaller pulley myself, to which I may pick one up to have on hand for special occasions, but I have had great results with the 70 pulley I have on the car now.