PDA

View Full Version : Procharger Challenges Trilogy to Race

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 06:37 PM
To All Members..

A head to head challenge has been made by MarauderTJA to race a Trilogy equipped vehicle at Bradenton Speedway in FL.

MarauderTJA has a stock MM equipped with a Procharger blower, 4:10 gears, and 2 after market mufflers.

No other mods have been done to the car including exhaust or TQ converter.

Who with a stock MM equipped with a Trilogy blower will accept the challenge in FL running 9.5 PSI, stock tires, 93 octane fuel?

Enough talk about pros and cons of both systems!

Enough talk about prior time slips!

2 MM's head to head!

This is all in good clean fun so let's not turn it ugly. :)

Whoever wins, we all win as Mercury Marauder car enthusiasts!

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2005, 07:00 PM
To All Members..

A head to head challenge has been made by MarauderTJA to race a Trilogy equipped vehicle at Bradenton Speedway in FL.

MarauderTJA has a stock MM equipped with a Procharger blower, 4:10 gears, and 2 after market mufflers.

No other mods have been done to the car including exhaust or TQ converter.

Who with a stock MM equipped with a Trilogy blower will accept the challenge in FL running 9.5 PSI, stock tires, 93 octane fuel?

Enough talk about pros and cons of both systems!

2 MM's head to head!

This is all in good clean fun so let's not turn it ugly. :)

Whoever wins, we all win as Mercury Marauder car enthusiasts!

I guess his car isnt stock then....can the Trilogy car have 4:10s and mufflers then?

MikesMerc
03-17-2005, 07:03 PM

Well that's convenient since you don't have any.

Furthermore, if you read the post Lidio made that launched this debate, he indicated that gear changes were needed to get the centrifugal cars moving. Looking at MarauderTJA specs it looks like this is true.

How about running a procharger marauder that's really stock?

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
I guess his car isnt stock then....can the Trilogy car have 4:10s and mufflers then?

Guys, I am not trying to piss anyone off.

That said, a good matchup would be as close to stock as possible with both cars so that the kits would be the determining factor.

My car is heavily modded, but the next time I'm at Bradenton I have no problem stepping up myself.

Good clean fun, I don't even mind losing to another Marauder.

It's all in the fun.

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Well that's convenient since you don't have any.

Furthermore, if you read the post Lidio made that launched this debate, he indicated that gear changes were needed to get the centrifugal cars moving. Looking at MarauderTJA specs it looks like this is true.

How about running a procharger marauder that's really stock?

Tom had the gear change well in advance, as do a ton of Marauders!

And yes, the next time I'm at Bradenton I will have a timeslip.

Tom's car is the most stock so his will have to do.

And yes, Lidio did start all this.

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Guys, I am not trying to piss anyone off.

That said, a good matchup would be as close to stock as possible with both cars so that the kits would be the determining factor.

My car is heavily modded, but the next time I'm at Bradenton I have no problem stepping up myself.

Good clean fun, I don't even mind losing to another Marauder.

It's all in the fun.

How about loosing to my unmodified Mach 1 then? I think it ran a 13.3.

MikesMerc
03-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Tom's car is the most stock so his will have to do.

And yes, Lidio did start all this.

Trouble is, by running gears on the Procharger Marauder you don't address Lidio's point about stock to stock comparison.

Logan
03-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Only warning. Put the dicks back in the pants. NOW. If you can't take the man up on some clean honest fun and act like gentlemen, y'all can step right off the plank for a week or two.

MI2QWK4U
While this has been fun, in all seriousness I will run anyone for fun, win or loose.

tmac1337
How about loosing to my unmodified Mach 1 then? I think it ran a 13.3.

I'm not going to compare apples to oranges.

Lets keep this clean.

Procharger has a car to use.

Let's find a Trilogy who is willing.

I don't see what the big deal is, let's just run em.

I do not see why everyone is getting so upset?

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm not going to compare apples to oranges.

Lets keep this clean.

Procharger has a car to use.

Let's find a Trilogy who is willing.

I don't see what the big deal is, let's just run em.

I do not see why everyone is getting so upset?

Im not upset, I am just having fun. I do hope you make it to MVIII....We can have even more fun at the track...side by side....

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Trouble is, by running gears on the Procharger Marauder you don't address Lidio's point about stock to stock comparison.

If Carfixer will do a change out, maybe we can put in some stock gears for a day or to. I do not think it would be a problem to change the tune in that regard, but that is up to Tom.

MikesMerc
03-17-2005, 07:16 PM
No one is upset. Your just ignoring the issues being brought up. If you want to run for fun knowing the results do not prove or disporve what Lidio has said, then so be it. Have fun. But let's not confuse the run for fun as any type of proof as to which blower performs better on a totally stock marauder.

Logan, this is all in good fun! Let us tease each other a little. its been a long winter!

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Im not upset, I am just having fun. I do hope you make it to MVIII....We can have even more fun at the track...side by side....

I was really hoping the event would be in the southern part of the US this year.

I would love to go, but I'm not up for the drive. If I did, I would accept anyone's challenge, win or loose.

Logan
03-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Hmmm, that didn't come out right. My point is, If you have a issue with anything happening in this thread and you're not going to be nice or cordial about it, don't bother posting as I'll get royally pissy as I'm pretty much fed up with the anal retentiveness of the supercharger owners around here in general and how much they like to spray their testosterone around.

That being said carry on, but obey the site rules and don't make it personal.

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 07:18 PM
No one is upset. Your just ignoring the issues being brought up.

There are no issues. Just run em head to head. End of story.

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, that didn't come out right. My point is, If you have a issue with anything happening in this thread and you're not going to be nice or cordial about it, don't bother posting as I'll get royally pissy as I'm pretty much fed up with the anal retentiveness of the supercharger owners around here in general and how much they like to spray their testosterone around.

Aye Boss, but you might be onto something...has anyone sprayed their marauder with testosterone yet?

Logan
03-17-2005, 07:20 PM
No one is upset. Logan, this is all in good fun! Let us tease each other a little. its been a long winter!Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. Most of the participants in this thread have been warned at one point or another about being *******s on this board and these threads ALWAYS degrade. Someone takes a comment personally and then launches a jihad to prove their superiority.

It's annoying considering how many times a week I repeat myself to the same general crowd.

Now, I'll go away now, y'all play nice now y'hear? I gotta go to Memphis tomorrow to go pick up my CTS-V so I can paste ALL your asses...Magnuson makes a lovely roots kit for the V...Hmmmm... :D

:burnout:

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. All of the participants in this thread have been warned at one point or another about being *******s on this board and these threads ALWAYS degrade. Someone takes a comment personally and then launches a jihad to prove their superiority.

It's annoying considering how many times a week I repeat myself to the same general crowd.

I respect that.

There is no more to be said in my opinion.

The challenge is offered.

Accept or not accept, that is what a challenge is!

MERCMAN
03-17-2005, 07:33 PM
boys boys!!

Why must you always want to race each other? I would like to see SOMEONE whup on the Impalas. Indy was not very pretty for the MM. There is really no reason for us to race one another, even to settle the age-old question of whos S/C is better. I would like for one of our cars to shut down an Impala just once!! MM's racing MM's is like having a fistfight with your brother, it only feels good for a few minutes when you win. To beat the ****z out of one of those chevy boys would give all of us a good feeling and more RESPECT from those outside of the MM brotherhood.

Just my .02

MarauderTJA
03-17-2005, 07:46 PM

Logan, Mike is right. It has been a long, cold, snowy winter up north. Us guys here in Florida get out in the sun too much and our testoserone tends to flow more here in our 78 degree warm winter....It is all in fun, really.

MikesMerc
03-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry, I don't buy that for a second.

Fine. Don't buy it. I don't care.

If this place can't take a little heated debated, screw it.

And don't bother clicking....I give myself an extended break from this tea toting, group hugging, sing Kum-by-ya, good feelings therapy forum.......

*self ban activated...CLICK!

FiveO
Don't make me come down there!!!

;) :D

My trailers getting lonely and we're due for snow tomorrow.

My Nitto's are going on tomorrow as the widened rims arrived today.

I'm getting anxious!

My right foot won't stop moving...can't figure out why ;) :D

MarauderTJA
boys boys!!

Why must you always want to race each other? I would like to see SOMEONE whup on the Impalas. Indy was not very pretty for the MM. There is really no reason for us to race one another, even to settle the age-old question of whos S/C is better. I would like for one of our cars to shut down an Impala just once!! MM's racing MM's is like having a fistfight with your brother, it only feels good for a few minutes when you win. To beat the ****z out of one of those chevy boys would give all of us a good feeling and more RESPECT from those outside of the MM brotherhood.

Just my .02
10-4 to that Mercman

MarauderMark
03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
boys boys!!

Why must you always want to race each other? I would like to see SOMEONE whup on the Impalas. I would like for one of our cars to shut down an Impala just once!! To beat the ****z out of one of those chevy boys would give all of us a good feeling and more RESPECT from those outside of the MM brotherhood.

Just my .02

I'm with you..:up:

HwyCruiser
03-17-2005, 07:50 PM
boys boys!!

...MM's racing MM's is like having a fistfight with your brother, it only feels good for a few minutes when you win...

I hear you Dan, but I know my both my brother and I usually felt better for a while after a good scrap. :D

Logan
03-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Fine. Don't buy it. I don't care.

If this place can't take a little heated debated, screw it.

And don't bother clicking....I give myself an extended break from this tea toting, group hugging, sing Kum-by-ya, good feelings therapy forum.......

*self ban activated...CLICK! That's ok, ask and ye shall receive. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. :banned:

I hate it when people overreact.

maraudernkc
03-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Logan, where going to be doing a blower for the CTS-V. That's a bad a$$ car.

Prochager decided not to do one because of the small market.

Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. Most of the participants in this thread have been warned at one point or another about being *******s on this board and these threads ALWAYS degrade. Someone takes a comment personally and then launches a jihad to prove their superiority.

Now, I'll go away now, y'all play nice now y'hear? I gotta go to Memphis tomorrow to go pick up my CTS-V so I can paste ALL your asses...Magnuson makes a lovely roots kit for the V...Hmmmm... :D

Jerry Barnes
03-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Please go read my post on the thread "Trilogy #1 blows up at Bradington".

I accept!!!!

Pick your weapon, Trilogy #1 or Trilogy #2. Let's just make sure we are playing by the same rules!!!!

Jerry

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2005, 08:50 PM

I accept!!!!

Pick your weapon, Trilogy #1 or Trilogy #2. Let's just make sure we are playing by the same rules!!!!

Jerry

You mean this post Jerry?
Jerry's Challange (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=233316&postcount=95)
Response from Jerry Barnes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.K. I was in Florida and did not see another Non-Trilogy blown car. And I was looking for one. I even posted that I would be down there both weekends. Tmack, you missed your chance. But, I love a challenge. I will meet you half way. Trilolgy #2 is bone stock with our body kit and widened wheels. I can change the wheels back to stock and use the car that is in the SEMA photos.

I like having fun with ALL of the Marauder folks, supercharged or not. It will be a great event! I'm in!!!!!

Second, Carfixer is the newest Trilogy customer. He is kit #71 or #72.

Let the games begin!

Jerry

Joe Walsh
03-17-2005, 09:03 PM
I gotta go to Memphis tomorrow to go pick up my CTS-V so I can paste ALL your asses...Magnuson makes a lovely roots kit for the V...Hmmmm... :D

Oh Man!! Logan you are going to make me pull $6000 out of a mutual fund just to 'whup up' on a Cadillac!
--->My 5.0 forged DOHC arrives in Laurel Md. shipping terminal on Monday 21st!
It'll run like a ***** ape N/A but I will need a S/C to combat the CTS-V if you 'huff' it.

P.S. I don't care how many Led Zeppelin songs they play!!! :D :D ;)

Bigdogjim
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
boys boys!!

Just my .02

Hey I was their "Race Marshall" remember?

It was more like Custar's last stand :wflag:

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM

I accept!!!!

Jerry

Trilogy #2 sounds like a matchup for Tom's Procharger car. Bring it down and let's get this done, or if you do not want to drive, provide one of your local cars.

Trilogy has been marketed as the only mod needed for the Marauder, so let see!

FiveO
03-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Trilogy #2 sounds like a matchup for Tom's Procharger car. Bring it down and let's get this done, or if you do not want to drive, provide one of your local cars.

Do you have a Procharger car with stock mods?

Stock gears, stock TC, etc.

Just asking.

EDIT: I'll ask this. Why not get a procharger kit to the track first before asking for "runs". Just an idea.

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2005, 09:12 PM

It is....I think im done dealing with you and your bs. Have fun with your car and have a nice life.

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2005, 09:15 PM

Just asking.

EDIT: I'll ask this. Why not get a procharger kit to the track first before asking for "runs". Just an idea.

Mark, give it up. we have what most people want, this is just their attempt to get some press by messing with us. See you soon at Capers.

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 09:16 PM

Just asking.

I have a PI 3000 Stall converter, 4:10 gears, fully modified exhaust, tranny upgrade, Meziere pump, and a few other do dads.

But I'm always up for a challenge myself.

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 09:17 PM
It is....I think im done dealing with you and your bs. Have fun with your car and have a nice life.

I hope your serious......I'm jumping for joy here!

FiveO
03-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Mark, give it up. we have what most people want, this is just their attempt to get some press by messing with us. See you soon at Capers.

See Sig:

"Welcome to the...real world...." ` The Matrix

;) :D

No offense intended. I will surely accept anything offboard via email or PM.

Good luck to all this spring/summer and see you in Iowa NKC. I'll be there...with bells on :D

bigslim
03-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. Most of the participants in this thread have been warned at one point or another about being *******s on this board and these threads ALWAYS degrade. Someone takes a comment personally and then launches a jihad to prove their superiority.

If you can keep the rearend from hopping around! :rolleyes:

bigslim
03-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't know what is worse here now, the "mine is better than yours" war, the "centrifucal vs roots type" war or the "union bashing" that I have endured for the last year. All I can say is that site has really changed over the last year. It used to be fun when we all came here to talk about the car we loved. Now everything turns to insults. There are people here that I have met and can say that I am glad that I have met. There are others here now that I really don't care if I ever meet. Like mercman said you guys should be out picking on Impallas and 300C's and all those damn imports, not each other. If someone wants to spend their money on any of the different blowers on the market, let them. "IT IS THEIR CHOICE"!! Let's get back to what brought us all here, the love for one car and the few really good friends that we may meet along the way.

BillyGman
03-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Hmmmm, there's something I don't understand here...... If TMAC andNCK are both so anxious to run a Trilogy car, then why weren't either one of them at the race track to race Jerry Barnes when he was right there just the other week racing in TMAC's home state? After all, Jerry made the announcement well in advance that he would be racing there. Have I missed something? :confused:

And as far as any competition rules go, I think you guys should be willing to throw some drag radials on your cars, and race the Trilogy cars with drag radials. Anybody that's even halfway serious about drag racing runs drag radials.Even many of the ricer boys at the track are running drag radials on their cars. So haven't the Procharger guys even evolved in the racing circles as much as the ricers have yet? :P

Cobra25
03-18-2005, 05:57 AM
This should be interesting, Trilogy /ProCharger. What ever the out come they are both great Kits.

03whitemach
03-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Tom was at Bradenton, when Jerry blew up Trilogy #1. He was in the car show. I saw his car and its a nice set-up, he just hadn't had it tuned for the Procharger yet. It sucks that people are taking offense to a nice friendly challenge. Everyone know Jerry doesn't make the only Supercharger Kit in this club. Dennis Reinhart has a nice procharger kit as well. It really comes down to, can you put the power to the pavement and keep it in a straight line. I personally like the Trilogy kit for looks (Factory), but I would take either one if I had the money. CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!

maraudernkc
03-18-2005, 06:42 AM
BillGman, We did not race Jerry Barnes because there was no need to but Lidio made a post yesterday talking about Centrifical blowers not really being right for a 4200 lb car and he is intitled to his opnion. He stated that you have to have other mods to make ia cenntrifical blower work. I feel that is not true and that's when I put out a friendly challenge to have a Trilogy car and a Prochager car run down the track under the following conditions.

1. 93 octane gas

2. Factory rear tires

3. Two cars with the same or close to the same mods.

4. Both cars must be at operating tempature.

The reason I want to use the factory rear tires is because that is what most people drive on everyday. I don't drive my car every day on drag tires.

Like I previously stated we have a car in Florida that has the following mods:

Procharger standard kit
Flowmaster Mufflers
4:10 Gears

I can't do anything about the gears they were already on the car and we are not taking them out to prove a point.

This is nothing more than a friendly race.

I really don't care if we win or loose .

Let's just get this done so we can start kicking some Impala a**.

If you anyone wants to see a time slip, this is your chance.

Hmmmm, there's something I don't understand here...... If TMAC andNCK are both so anxious to run a Trilogy car, then why weren't either one of them at the race track to race Jerry Barnes when he was right there just the other week racing in TMAC's home state? After all, Jerry made the announcement well in advance that he would be racing there. Have I missed something? :confused:

And as far as any competition rules go, I think you guys should be willing to throw some drag radials on your cars, and race the Trilogy cars with drag radials. Anybody that's even halfway serious about drag racing runs drag radials.Even many of the ricer boys at the track are running drag radials on their cars. So haven't the Procharger guys even evolved in the racing circles as much as the ricers have yet? :P

maraudernkc
03-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Dennis has a Vortech kit not a Procharger kit and yes we should all be able to get along.

Tom was at Bradenton, when Jerry blew up Trilogy #1. He was in the car show. I saw his car and its a nice set-up, he just hadn't had it tuned for the Procharger yet. It sucks that people are taking offense to a nice friendly challenge. Everyone know Jerry doesn't make the only Supercharger Kit in this club. Dennis Reinhart has a nice procharger kit as well. It really comes down to, can you put the power to the pavement and keep it in a straight line. I personally like the Trilogy kit for looks (Factory), but I would take either one if I had the money. CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!

Mike Poore
03-18-2005, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE=tmac1337]To All Members..A head to head challenge has been made by MarauderTJA to race a Trilogy equipped vehicle at Bradenton Speedway in FL.
QUOTE]

Boy, talk about dumping gas on the fire!

Why don't you just post some time slips, like everyone else?

And, while we're at it, what about the Kenny Brown cars? I'll hold Haggis' MM up as one of the best examples of a "total" performance package out there. (sorry for dragging you into this, Gordon) I think when we're talking mods, we're also talking performance, and doing 12sec ET's isn't the whole story. If low ET's are all you're interested in, then the best bang for the buck is nitrous.

I believe, in discussions about performance, we start to confuse cost with outcome. My friend Bobby Berger, a super engine builder from Leitersburg, MD said it best: "Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?". I'll add something else; how well (read safely) do you want to go fast, and for how long? ;)

duhtroll
03-18-2005, 07:05 AM
This might start something else, but I think prior timeslips don't mean anything. You read that correctly. I don't think dynos mean anything, either. They're all well and good for theory, but not performance in a race.

I think all that matters is what you can lay down on request. In a heat. One shot, head to head.

You can have good odds who will be the winner by using timeslips and dynos, but the race is proof. It's "big dance" time where anyone can beat anyone.

Of course, this is coming from a professional musician who tells his students "I don't care what you played at home, it's what you play on stage that counts," so I'm a bit biased.

My N/A car can beat a Trilogy car. To 150,000 miles, that is. :P

Go race and have fun already. I can't wait to see Mark's car in May.

-A

Joe Walsh
03-18-2005, 09:21 AM
The reason I want to use the factory rear tires is because that is what most people drive on everyday. I don't drive my car every day on drag tires.

I'm not a big fan of drag slicks either...
I want to know what my Marauder can do on street tires, everyday, everytime.
I don't think that when you pull up next to that Camaro SS, Corvette, or Viper at a traffic light they will let you jump out and bolt on your racing slicks.
If you are torching the tires off the line, run Nitto 555R P305s on widened rims and be done with it.

Bootlegger
03-18-2005, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=tmac1337]To All Members..A head to head challenge has been made by MarauderTJA to race a Trilogy equipped vehicle at Bradenton Speedway in FL.
QUOTE]

And, while we're at it, what about the Kenny Brown cars? I'll hold Haggis' MM up as one of the best examples of a "total" performance package out there. (sorry for dragging you into this, Gordon) I think when we're talking mods, we're also talking performance, and doing 12sec ET's isn't the whole story. If low ET's are all you're interested in, then the best bang for the buck is nitrous.

I believe, in discussions about performance, we start to confuse cost with outcome. My friend Bobby Berger, a super engine builder from Leitersburg, MD said it best: "Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?". I'll add something else; how well (read safely) do you want to go fast, and for how long? ;)
I've really enjoyed all of the posts made here by everybody, I wondered how long it would take for that word to come up. NITROUS, I know I'll be there in Bradenton if this every happens...Can't wait to see it...Tallboy, (Chuck) doesn't your car match this to the tee???

TechHeavy
03-18-2005, 12:22 PM

Oh *****!:eek:

John F. Russo
03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Only warning. Put the dicks back in the pants. NOW. If you can't take the man up on some clean honest fun and act like gentlemen, y'all can step right off the plank for a week or two.

I haven't been on this website as often as before. But do we need to get this expressive?

This could be discriminatory language (offensive too) to some who lost theirs!

Joe Walsh
03-18-2005, 01:25 PM
This could be discriminatory language (offensive too) to some who lost theirs!

Are you referring to the recently posted video of the DEA agent whose Glock went off 'half-cocked'??

03whitemach
03-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Dennis has a Vortech kit not a Procharger kit and yes we should all be able to get along.
My bad, that right I forgot. Thanks for the correction.

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2005, 02:49 PM
BillGman, We did not race Jerry Barnes because there was no need to but Lidio made a post yesterday talking about Centrifical blowers not really being right for a 4200 lb car and he is intitled to his opnion. He stated that you have to have other mods to make ia cenntrifical blower work. I feel that is not true and that's when I put out a friendly challenge to have a Trilogy car and a Prochager car run down the track under the following conditions.

1. 93 octane gas

2. Factory rear tires

Procharger standard kit
Flowmaster Mufflers

I can't do anything about the gears they were already on the car and we are not taking them out to prove a point.

Maraudernkc,

I am sure we will get the chance to race one day and I may lose, but I enjoy the lively conversatons about how we have improved our Marauders. There is nothing wrong with the discussions and they should continue. I remember we use to have these types of discussions with Dennis Reinhart Marauder Owners and now we are friends and frequently hang out together at the drag races. I hate to see all of us get caught up in these discussions when at the end of the day we will all get along.

As far as Lidio's opinion, it is just that, his opinion. But, I think he is one of the brightest and best tuners for Fords in the business and we are all glad to have him close by in Michigan. I think Lidio not only installs Trilogy kits, but a lot more Vortech kits for Mustangs. So, IT IS MY OPINION, that Lidio knows his stuff and we think that he has helped all of the Michigan Marauder Owners significantly. It is Lidio's bread and butter to know performance options and what works reliably. So when he expresses his opinion, with facts to back it up, we listen. And yes, we are a little bias with regard to Lidio, because we have all become close friends and business partners. So, when Lidio expressed his opinion, I don't think he intended to insult another persons opinion, just express his thoughts on the subject. And that's O.K, right?

As far as the Trilogy Supercharger approach vs. Dennis or Kenny or Procharger, etc. they all have there merits. We all have our own approach and feel we have worked to perfect that approach. There will be days when Dennis's approach may be faster and days that Trilogy's approach will be faster, the bottom line is that all of the customers have got cars that are a lot more fun to drive and we have given them choices. That's a good thing, right?

My good friend Mike Z. got banned from the web site last night for expressing his views and butting heads with Logan. This I do not like to see. Mike has been a great customer and very close friend. No car race is worth seeing Mike not be able to participate in these debates. He is very knowledgeable, has a ton of real world experience and everyone on this site benefits from input provided by people like Mike. I am going to get Logan and Mike together to see if we can all sing "cum bi yah" together(how ever you spell that). Superchargers aren't worth losing friends over!

And finally, Maraudernkc, I hope we meet someday soon so I can kick your a$$, just after I have snacked on a couple of Impala SS's(ha ha ha ha ha). Just friendly joking!!! And I will make sure my car only has street tires, 4:10 gears, fully tweaked exhaust, and a undisclosed forged bottom end of my motor. Ha ha, again!

See everyone at MVIII!!!

Jerry

Mike Poore
03-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Maraudernkc, I am sure we will get the chance to race one day and I may lose, but I enjoy the lively conversatons about how we have improved our Marauders. .........See everyone at MVIII!!! Jerry
Good post Jerry. I like your style, and hope to get the chance to shake your hand, buy you a beer ......and thrash the pi$$ out of your newly reconstructed Trillogy #1 at MVIII.

BTW Guys, if I put my 15.3 (my best run at the shootout) up against Barry, (who turned a 13.2) and he redlights, did I beat him? :D

What I'm saying here is; the winner of a race doesn't necessarily have the best/fastest car. ;)

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2005, 03:30 PM

Hey, I never said the Trilogy Supercharger is the only mod you ever need. My customers said that. But, I do think they are very bright and knowledgeable people!(ha ha ha ha)

Jerry

MarauderMark
03-18-2005, 03:35 PM
What kind of times do you actually gain by using drag radials vs street tires? I mean i ran my best on stock tires .so what would gain if i put on drags?A tenth or 2 ? or more? if you heat up the tires good they stick nicely for great start as the same with drags correct?

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2005, 03:44 PM
O.K. Guys,

I am starting to get into the spirit of these threads. So here goes.

If one of my customers, IN FLORIDA, has to race you Maraudernkc then one of your customers in Michigan has to race me, right! Do you have any customers in Michigan? Do you have any other customers in any other of the 49 states? Other then the ProCharger you have on your car and your Mom's car, are there any other Procharger cars anywhere? I'm sure your Mom has a better reaction time then I do!

Oh, by the way, I can arrange a race in Saudi Arabia, I installed 2 superchargers on a Sheiks 2 Marauders. We could have the race in the sand, with stock tires, 4:10 gears and a camel in the truck(weight distribution you now).

We could call it the INTERNATIONAL GALACTIC MARAUDER RACE OF CHAMPIANS.

Just having some fun!!

Jerry

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2005, 03:51 PM
What kind of times do you actually gain by using drag radials vs street tires? I mean i ran my best on stock tires .so what would gain if i put on drags?A tenth or 2 ? or more? if you heat up the tires good they stick nicely for great start as the same with drags correct?

MarauderMark,

The drag radials made a big difference for me. I was smokin my tires into second gear and the transmission was shifting all over the place because it did not know if I was really doing 55mph or spining the tires from a dead stop. So, I use bigger Nitto's on both cars. 305 drag radials on #1 and 295 555 extreme performance tires on #2.

Jerry

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Good post Jerry. I like your style, and hope to get the chance to shake your hand, buy you a beer ......and thrash the pi$$ out of your newly reconstructed Trillogy #1 at MVIII.

BTW Guys, if I put my 15.3 (my best run at the shootout) up against Barry, (who turned a 13.2) and he redlights, did I beat him? :D

What I'm saying here is; the winner of a race doesn't necessarily have the best/fastest car. ;)

Mike,

It would be a pleasure to buy you a beer! See you at MVIII!

jstevens
03-18-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that someone was banned.

I was going to be smart because people piss me off when they get so bent out of shape so easily.

But, my mom said "if you have nothing nice to say, don't"

Captain Steve
03-18-2005, 04:15 PM
O.K. Guys,

If one of my customers, IN FLORIDA, has to race you Maraudernkc then one of your customers in Michigan has to race me, right! Do you have any customers in Michigan? Do you have any other customers in any other state? Other then the ProCharger you have on your car and your Mom's car, are there any other Procharger cars anywhere? I'm sure your Mom has a better reaction time then I do!

Oh, by the way, I can arrange a race in Saudi Arabia, I installed 2 superchargers on a Sheiks 2 Marauders. We could have the race in the sand, with stock tires, 4:10 gears and a camel in the truck(weight distribution you now).

Just having some fun!!

JerryI think Jerry's had a bit too much sugar in his coffee. :cool: I'm having a mental image inspired by my 3 year old nephew (Uncle Steve car fast.. vrooom!!) involving arms used as airplane wings and much vrooming.:cool5:

Seriously, it's nice to see Jerry taking all the internet jousting with the attitude it merits.. slightly ridiculous but fun.
:cheer: :duel: :bop: :gunfire: :bunny2: :dogrun:

duhtroll
03-18-2005, 04:15 PM
And I volunteer.

All you have to do is buy me the kit and I'm there. I'll race anyone. I'll even drive cross-country to do it.

Hah? Hah? :hmmm: :thinker:

-A

O.K. Guys,

If one of my customers, IN FLORIDA, has to race you Maraudernkc then one of your customers in Michigan has to race me, right! Do you have any customers in Michigan? Do you have any other customers in any other state? Other then the ProCharger you have on your car and your Mom's car, are there any other Procharger cars anywhere? I'm sure your Mom has a better reaction time then I do!

Just having some fun!!

Jerry

maraudernkc
03-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Jerry, I agree with you that arguing over these Blowers are not worth getting banned from this site. We all need to keep are cool like yourself and treat each member with respect. You are very lucky to have Lidio in your state as I hear he is a great tuner.

Jerry, I would love to run my Marauder against you Marauder but before we do so I will disclose to you what I have done to the car. This is just a WTF race and to have some fun. That's why we have blowers on our cars, to have fun and get a great big smile.

I have said this before and I will say it again. I admire you and your company. Why? Because you have 70 plus blowers out there and all your customers are happy. That's one hell of accomplishment with our bunch here. Agin I commend you for a job well done!

I look forward to meeting you in person and your buying the soda pop because you have sold more blowers. :beer:

Maraudernkc

Maraudernkc,

I am sure we will get the chance to race one day and I may lose, but I enjoy the lively conversatons about how we have improved our Marauders. There is nothing wrong with the discussions and they should continue. I remember we use to have these types of discussions with Dennis Reinhart Marauder Owners and now we are friends and frequently hang out together at the drag races. I hate to see all of us get caught up in these discussions when at the end of the day we will all get along.

As far as Lidio's opinion, it is just that, his opinion. But, I think he is one of the brightest and best tuners for Fords in the business and we are all glad to have him close by in Michigan. I think Lidio not only installs Trilogy kits, but a lot more Vortech kits for Mustangs. So, IT IS MY OPINION, that Lidio knows his stuff and we think that he has helped all of the Michigan Marauder Owners significantly. It is Lidio's bread and butter to know performance options and what works reliably. So when he expresses his opinion, with facts to back it up, we listen. And yes, we are a little bias with regard to Lidio, because we have all become close friends and business partners. So, when Lidio expressed his opinion, I don't think he intended to insult another persons opinion, just express his thoughts on the subject. And that's O.K, right?

As far as the Trilogy Supercharger approach vs. Dennis or Kenny or Procharger, etc. they all have there merits. We all have our own approach and feel we have worked to perfect that approach. There will be days when Dennis's approach may be faster and days that Trilogy's approach will be faster, the bottom line is that all of the customers have got cars that are a lot more fun to drive and we have given them choices. That's a good thing, right?

My good friend Mike Z. got banned from the web site last night for expressing his views and butting heads with Logan. This I do not like to see. Mike has been a great customer and very close friend. No car race is worth seeing Mike not be able to participate in these debates. He is very knowledgeable, has a ton of real world experience and everyone on this site benefits from input provided by people like Mike. I am going to get Logan and Mike together to see if we can all sing "cum bi yah" together(how ever you spell that). Superchargers aren't worth losing friends over!

And finally, Maraudernkc, I hope we meet someday soon so I can kick your a$$, just after I have snacked on a couple of Impala SS's(ha ha ha ha ha). Just friendly joking!!! And I will make sure my car only has street tires, 4:10 gears, fully tweaked exhaust, and a undisclosed forged bottom end of my motor. Ha ha, again!

See everyone at MVIII!!!

Jerry

MI2QWK4U
03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
And I volunteer.

All you have to do is buy me the kit and I'm there. I'll race anyone. I'll even drive cross-country to do it.

Hah? Hah? :hmmm: :thinker:

-A

Anyone up for another blower raffle? Proceeds to help fund WDC Parking at MVIII? Hundred bucks and you could have that blower.....

Bigdogjim
03-18-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear that someone was banned.

I was going to be smart because people piss me off when they get so bent out of shape so easily.

But, my mom said "if you have nothing nice to say, don't"
Let me just say that no one but, no one GOT banned.

Mike got warned by Logan to "play nice"

Mike took it upon himsef to ban himself for 2 weeks.

Logan then confirmed it. :P

MI2QWK4U
03-18-2005, 04:38 PM

No...for life. Got a smilie for that?

Bigdogjim
03-18-2005, 04:43 PM
OK here is the post where did life come from?

MI2QWK4U
03-18-2005, 05:19 PM

1. 93 octane gas

2. Factory rear tires

Procharger standard kit
Flowmaster Mufflers

Greg, Just a couple things...
I think we have gotten away from the jist of things here. This thread was in response to Lidio's post about running a stock Marauder with the blower only. If that happens, great, and I am willing to make a friendly wager on the outcome. But face it, if you add the gears or stall to the Procharger, you are giving it exactly what Lidio says it needs to compete with the Eaton.
Dont kid yourself about friendly races, they are great and full of good rivalries, but I dont race under the shadow of conditions. Run it as you brought it. When I pull up to a car at a light, I dont roll down my window and ask the guy if he has gears, nitrous, high stall, etc etc. You roll up....give and get that knowing nod, and you run what you have. Now i pretty much run the car on pump gas, so thats not a problem, but stock tires?
The stock tires even when my car only had the trilogy, nothing else, could not hold up for a solid launch at the strip, they always spin. That is due to the Eatons unbelievable torque at low rpm....fact...not opinion. Even now with my car, that runs on Nitto Drag Radials ALL THE TIME just fine, I can spin them off the rim without much effort. If you come to woodward, Im sure we will all have some fun dogging each other at the track.

Jerry Barnes
03-18-2005, 06:22 PM

O.K. Jim,

But, let's get over it and I am sure that Mike would agree. Everyone gets a little off track and then everything falls apart. Mike and I plan to call Logan tomorrow to get our group back on track and in good standing with the site. Isn't that what we all want? I think so!

Thanks,

Jerry

Bigdogjim
03-18-2005, 07:08 PM
O.K. Jim,

But, let's get over it and I am sure that Mike would agree. Everyone gets a little off track and then everything falls apart. Mike and I plan to call Logan tomorrow to get our group back on track and in good standing with the site. Isn't that what we all want? I think so!

Thanks,

Jerry

Get over it?

Hell it never bother me:)

I just think when members blame their woes on other it sucks!

You get warned act on it! Like an adult!! Not a kid!

As for being on track I was never de-railed:rofl:

MarauderTJA
03-18-2005, 07:31 PM
QUOTE]

Mike, this whole thing has been totally taken out of context. It may have been the wording that TMAC used "head to head challenge." All we want to do is have some fun. Nothing more. We Procharger guys are the new kids on the block. It is nice to have some new choices for us MM guys. I already posted why I chose the Procharger over the Trilogy. In fact I had plans to buy a Triolgy, then I heard about the Procharger Kit and waited for it to come out. I have had a Procharger in my 01 Mustang GT and love it. So I "chose" the Procharger. A couple of my MM buddies have Triolgy's. There great and they love them. I never put them down, nor will I ever. KingFubar is getting a Triology soon as well. He came by my office today and said he'll run me just as soon as it gets installed. We'll hit the strip and have some fun at a future test and tune night. It is all about choice. My choice. Time slips will be posted as soon as I get a chance to get to the strip. Just gotta love our Marauders no matter what you do to the car.... Smoke the Chevy's and Rice burners..

mensrea
03-18-2005, 07:40 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people? If you haven't realized by now that no one cares you are probably still crapping in a plastic toilet. Get over it, drive what you brought and enjoy what you have. Leave this crap at home.

MarauderTJA
03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
FYI, I spoke with a BF Goodrich rep at the NMRA Spring Break Shootout here in FLorida this past weekend and he said that we should not heat our tires (burnout). He advised that the tire composition is designed to stick better without burn outs. I have not tried this yet, but it will be interesting to see if the car hooks up better. Has anyone else out there tried this? I will eventually get my rims widened through Lidio and get the drag street radials. I have Nitto 315's drag radials on my Supercharged GT Mustang and they really stick.

Logan
03-18-2005, 07:55 PM

Logan then confirmed it. :PYeah, Jim worded it properly and included the proper smiley. No one got banned, especially for life... If Mike got pissed and left, well that's on him, not me... My response indicating he was intended to be slapstick-ish, but apparently, my humor is entirely too dry.

I don't really care what Mike does or whether he wants to take a vacation or not. Net result was what I was going after, this thread turned into a hilarious thread. Much better than the pot shots that were damned inevitable at one point...

Y'all need to chill. It's all good. ;)

Just got back from a 10 hour drive from Mississipi to Texas in the new CTS-V. Wheel hop issue is over-stated, I've never been one to dump my clutch from 4k rpm and that's the only way I could get the slightest hop out of mine...

...and yes, a nice Magnusson kit will be the only mod on this cat, just so I can bring it to MV III and annoy everybody. ;)

Ok...I'll shut up with my V now... Sounds gay for Marauder dude to be getting all excited about his Caddy. :D

CRUZTAKER
03-18-2005, 08:08 PM
My N/A car can beat a Trilogy car. :P
-ANow that is something to think about.....:D

Maybe one or two of them that is.;)

....I wondered how long it would take for that word to come up. NITROUS, I know I'll be there in Bradenton if this every happens...Can't wait to see it...Tallboy, (Chuck) doesn't your car match this to the tee???
Right on man! I wish I could make it down there. I can't wait to see my numbers with a hundred shot.

merc
03-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah, Jim worded it properly and included the proper smiley. No one got banned, especially for life... If Mike got pissed and left, well that's on him, not me... My response indicating he was intended to be slapstick-ish, but apparently, my humor is entirely too dry.

I don't really care what Mike does or whether he wants to take a vacation or not. Net result was what I was going after, this thread turned into a hilarious thread. Much better than the pot shots that were damned inevitable at one point...

Y'all need to chill. It's all good. ;)

Just got back from a 10 hour drive from Mississipi to Texas in the new CTS-V. Wheel hop issue is over-stated, I've never been one to dump my clutch from 4k rpm and that's the only way I could get the slightest hop out of mine...

...and yes, a nice Magnusson kit will be the only mod on this cat, just so I can bring it to MV III and annoy everybody. ;)

Ok...I'll shut up with my V now... Sounds gay for Marauder dude to be getting all excited about his Caddy. :D

Most of the bothers in my hood would think you are a pimp, not a fag. Are you sure you are White ? Ok, I will band myself for 24 hours, save the fingers. :eek:

TAF
03-18-2005, 08:19 PM
I heard that all those new Caddys had some BIG problems with the in-car audio systems....

The only thing it plays is THIS (http://www.onr.com/user/stanmain/music/MP3/Percy%20Faith%20-%20Theme%20From%20A%20Summer%2 0Place.MP3)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CRUZTAKER
03-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Are you sure you are White ?
He's Canadian....

DOH! "Ok, I will band myself for 24 hours, save the fingers. :eek:"

merc
03-18-2005, 08:24 PM
I heard that all those new Caddys had some BIG problems with the in-car audio systems....

The only thing it plays is THIS (http://www.onr.com/user/stanmain/music/MP3/Percy%20Faith%20-%20Theme%20From%20A%20Summer%2 0Place.MP3)

OMG My Marauder had this audio problem after leaving Team Ford last year.

merc
03-18-2005, 08:27 PM
He's Canadian....

DOH! "Ok, I will band myself for 24 hours, save the fingers. :eek:"

Thanks for the update Barry, does that mean French Canadian. I understand that it makes a differance. :depress:

:hijack: TOP 10 REASONS TO LIVE IN QUEBEC

1.***** Everybody assumes you're an *******
2.***** Racism is socially acceptable
3.***** The only province to ever kidnap federal politicians
4.***** You can take bets with your friends on which English neighbor
********* will move out next
5.***** Other provinces basically bribe you to stay in Canada
6.***** The FLQ
7.***** Your hockey team is made up entirely of dirty French guys
8.***** The province with the oldest, nastiest hookers
9.***** NON-smokers are the outcasts
10.**** You can blame all your problems on the "Anglo bastards"

rumble
03-18-2005, 08:31 PM

There you go again, tuggin on Supermans cape. ....................
:laugh:

TAF
03-18-2005, 08:33 PM
OMG My Marauder had this audio problem after leaving Team Ford last year.
You were the only one to have this happen then....everyone else has left with THIS (http://www.team-reinc.com/public/music/09-Sweet%20Child%20O'%20Mine.mp3)

HwyCruiser
03-18-2005, 08:35 PM
O.K. Guys,

...Other then the ProCharger you have on your car and your Mom's car, are there any other Procharger cars anywhere? I'm sure your Mom has a better reaction time then I do!...

Just having some fun!!

Jerry

Too funny! :lol:

Now the smack has degenerated to talking about the other guy's mother. :D

...or is Tmac really just Greg's mom? :hmmm:

Greg, you gave your mom a discount on the first Procharger kit didn't you? Greg?

MikesMerc
03-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, Jim worded it properly and included the proper smiley. No one got banned

BS. You blocked my IP right after your post Logan. In fact, all IPs associated with my screen name were blocked so I couldn't log on from work today either. I saved a few screenshots of the "Your IP has been banned" so lets not argue about what happened.

I never would think that a self imposed break from the site would lead to someone actually getting banned, but I guess that was your perogitive. Yes, my comments were meant to be theatrical given the nature of the thread. But I guess I hit a nerve.

What's more important, though, is that it seems that having a little fun poking at each other competitively is off limits here. Its downright weird for a car enthusiast site. I visit a few other car sites and the little bit of competition and heated debate keeps things lively.

Dave and I were on the phone last night while we were posting to this thread. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I even mentioned to Dave that it had been a bit quiet around MM.net and that these threads were the most fun that I've had in a long time here.

Then...BAM...the fun police arrived:(

I think if you ask tmac, Dave, TJA, etc...no one was really personally offended by what was transpiring. I understand that you don't want things to get too far out of hand...but just a little leeway would be nice.

BUT....it is indeed your playground, Logan, so those who want to play here have to play by your rules. Fair enough I suppose.

All that said, I do appreciate you unblocking my IP tonight...thanks. I'll use the access to just lurk around but say nothing. I don't want to offend anyone else.

bigslim
03-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Most of the bothers in my hood would think you are a pimp, not a fag. Are you sure you are White ? Ok, I will band myself for 24 hours, save the fingers. :eek:
I'm a brother and "NO" we don't think of Logan as a "P.I.M.P"! :confused:

Bigdogjim
03-18-2005, 10:18 PM
This thread is so hi-jacked that no one remembers what the topic was......

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-18-2005, 10:42 PM
It was about Procharger looking for their first loss! :P

duhtroll
03-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Zaino.

Yep.

DEFYANT
03-18-2005, 11:15 PM
:popcorn: ...hmmm, I think I need more butter.

BillyGman
03-19-2005, 01:41 AM
What kind of times do you actually gain by using drag radials vs street tires? I mean i ran my best on stock tires .so what would gain if i put on drags?A tenth or 2 ? or more? if you heat up the tires good they stick nicely for great start as the same with drags correct? Standard radial tires don't provide much more traction when they're heated up with a burnout. However, when you heat up drag radials, they provide a lot more traction than they do when they're cold. But a 4,200 LB car that's equipped with a centrifugal S/Cer, probably wouldn't benefit as much from drag radials as a roots S/Ced car would since the roots S/Cer provides more acceleration off the line. And that's why it's to the advantage of the Procharger Marauders, that the race rules ban drag radial tires. Because the Trilogy equipped cars will benefit much more from drag radial tires than the procharger cars will.

It's the same as if you proposed a rule that both cars had to have the RPM's limited to 5,500. That would give the advantage to the Trilogy equipped cars, since the procharger cars have a greater percentage of the power gains above that RPM level than the Trilogy cars do. Because most centrifugal S/Cers don't begin making some serious HP until 4,000 RPM's, whereas many roots S/Cers are making some serious power by 2,500 RPM's. And BTW, a number of people (including myself, Lidio, and Dave) run drag radial tires on the street. That's the whole purpose of having racing tires that are "Radials". because they're intended for both street driving as well as the track. if they weren't, then they wouldn't be radail tires, but would be wrinkle wall slicks (which they aren't).

Jerry Barnes
03-19-2005, 06:22 AM
It's good to see that we are doing better this morning! Glad to see that Low Life Mike is back on the site. We need a few degenerates like Mike to spice things up once and a while.

And yes, my Mom drives a Trilogy Marauder, not! She's too crazy a driver and would get tickets!

And since Logan insists on talking about his CTS whatever, I will talk about my brand new 2005 Mustang GT, Black(of course) with red interior, 5 speed stick, 1,000 watt stereo(for the young girls of course) and Torque Thrust II wheels. So, Logan I challenge you to a race, in Florida of course, with 4:10 gears, Fully Modified Exhaust, on street tires! Do you accept, you PIMP!

Sincerely,

One of your supporting vendors

Logan
03-19-2005, 07:08 AM
BS. You blocked my IP right after your post Logan. In fact, all IPs associated with my screen name were blocked so I couldn't log on from work today either. I saved a few screenshots of the "Your IP has been banned" so lets not argue about what happened.

I never would think that a self imposed break from the site would lead to someone actually getting banned, but I guess that was your perogitive. Yes, my comments were meant to be theatrical given the nature of the thread. But I guess I hit a nerve.

Yep, I did block your subnet, didn't ban your account, there's a distinction. There are numerous ways around a IP block. You didn't deserve to be banned, you deserved to be jacked with.

You're right, you hit a nerve. You pissed me off. So what. I calmed down and thought better of blocking IP and released it because I figured I probably overreacted. Just goes to show, pissing off the guy with the buttons is probably not the best plan stan. I can overreact and be an ass too... :bandit:

Anyway, I've moved on, so are you banning yourself or what? You sure do hang out here alot for someone on headlining the opening day of "I banned myself, look at me!" :rolleyes:

Logan
03-19-2005, 07:09 AM
And since Logan insists on talking about his CTS whatever, I will talk about my brand new 2005 Mustang GT, Black(of course) with red interior, 5 speed stick, 1,000 watt stereo(for the young girls of course) and Torque Thrust II wheels. So, Logan I challenge you to a race, in Florida of course, with 4:10 gears, Fully Modified Exhaust, on street tires! Do you accept, you PIMP!

Sincerely,

One of your supporting vendors
Florida? What's wrong with Texas? Next time we meet Barnes, you're mine! :D

MikesMerc
03-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Anyway, I've moved on, so are you banning yourself or what? You sure do hang out here alot for someone on headlining the opening day of "I banned myself, look at me!" :rolleyes:

Since you asked a question, I suppose I should answer. The only reason as to why I am here at all now is that I have many good friends who hang out on these forums and good number of these guys contacted me and asked me to continue being here. Its that simple.

Thanks for your concern.

Logan
03-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Exactly!!! Site=friends=fun=good times. Back to the beginning pls?

I have to run the site the way I run it, I know no other way and am not interested in learning new tricks. I don't expect people to like me, but when you're up in MY crib, I do expect folks to respect the way I choose to do things, if they can't, like any good guest, I would expect them to take their leave. That's all, no hard feelings, it is the way it is, regardless of who you are or know. The vendors, even the longest term members here all get the same treatment in that regard.

PS - I'm an ass about always getting that last word in. ;)

tmac1337
03-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Since you asked a question, I suppose I should answer. The only reason as to why I am here at all now is that I have many good friends who hang out on these forums and good number of these guys contacted me and asked me to continue being here. Its that simple.

Thanks for your concern.

Please don't leave Mike....Please......Please.... ....I'm begging you here!...

Sobbing.....

Crying.........

I've hired professional wailers, lots of em, they're all screaming...

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE MIKE....WE BEG YOU! AAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!

Logan
03-19-2005, 10:05 AM

Sobbing.....

Crying.........

Well said tmac...Well said. :bigcry: :bigcry:

TechHeavy
03-19-2005, 10:53 AM
What were we talking about??? Oh yeah, what's the best oil??

maraudernkc
03-19-2005, 11:46 AM
IT WAS ABOUT A TRILOGY CAR STEPPING UP IN FLORIDA TO RUN A PROCHARGER CAR!

It was about Procharger looking for their first loss! :P

maraudernkc
03-19-2005, 11:48 AM
BillyGman, we will run with a 5500 RPM limit!

Standard radial tires don't provide much more traction when they're heated up with a burnout. However, when you heat up drag radials, they provide a lot more traction than they do when they're cold. But a 4,200 LB car that's equipped with a centrifugal S/Cer, probably wouldn't benefit as much from drag radials as a roots S/Ced car would since the roots S/Cer provides more acceleration off the line. And that's why it's to the advantage of the Procharger Marauders, that the race rules ban drag radial tires. Because the Trilogy equipped cars will benefit much more from drag radial tires than the procharger cars will.

It's the same as if you proposed a rule that both cars had to have the RPM's limited to 5,500. That would give the advantage to the Trilogy equipped cars, since the procharger cars have a greater percentage of the power gains above that RPM level than the Trilogy cars do. Because most centrifugal S/Cers don't begin making some serious HP until 4,000 RPM's, whereas many roots S/Cers are making some serious power by 2,500 RPM's. And BTW, a number of people (including myself, Lidio, and Dave) run drag radial tires on the street. That's the whole purpose of having racing tires that are "Radials". because they're intended for both street driving as well as the track. if they weren't, then they wouldn't be radail tires, but would be wrinkle wall slicks (which they aren't).

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-19-2005, 12:21 PM
It was about Prochager looking for their first loss! :P [QUOTE]

[QUOTE=maraudernkc]IT WAS ABOUT A TRILOGY CAR STEPPING UP IN FLORIDA TO RUN A PROCHARGER CAR!Same thing.

maraudernkc
03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Win or lose, we have nothing to be ashamed of.

Same thing.

BillyGman
03-19-2005, 12:45 PM
BillyGman, we will run with a 5500 RPM limit!Naw....I wouldn't ever want to see that happen, since the Trilogy cars rev limiters are set at 6,600 RPM, and they still have plenty of power even after 6,000 RPM, and I'm sure that your car has alot more after 5,500 RPM too. So both cars would be short changed by 1,000 RPM's. It wouldn't be right, and it would leave much to be desired. It just wouldn't reveal the whole story in the way of quartermile ET's, and that was my original point. Because not allowing drag radials on either car would also be a major short change, and having both cars run on standard radial tires wouldn't reveal the whole story. And I would think that the revealation of the whole story is something that you wouldn't be afraid of.

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Win or lose, we have nothing to be ashamed of.True......:up:

I have also heard the expression here "blew their doors off" when somebody beats someone by a few tenths of a second. I would think blowing someones doors off should be measured in seconds not tenths of a second. If you beat someone by just tenths of a second its not even worth arguing over, because the cars are pretty evenly matched and on any given day either car could win.

I believe this is where the Procharger/Trilogy cars will stand, seperated by only a few tenths of a second, and either car having just as good a chance to not win, but get there first. They will both be winners. ;)

maraudernkc
03-19-2005, 01:09 PM
I could not of said it better myself. Very well put!

True......:up:

I have also heard the expression here "blew their doors off" when somebody beats someone by a few tenths of a second. I would think blowing someones doors off should be measured in seconds not tenths of a second. If you beat someone by just tenths of a second its not even worth arguing over, because the cars are pretty evenly matched and on any given day either car could win.

I believe this is where the Procharger/Trilogy cars will stand, seperated by only a few tenths of a second, and either car having just as good a chance to not win, but get there first. They will both be winners. ;)

HwyCruiser
03-19-2005, 01:10 PM

Well said Rick.

GodOSpeed
03-19-2005, 01:14 PM
As they say in all motorsports...
"May the best CHEATER win." :cool:

BillyGman
03-19-2005, 01:19 PM

I believe this is where the Procharger/Trilogy cars will stand, seperated by only a few tenths of a second, and either car having just as good a chance to not win, but get there first. They will both be winners. ;)Well then the addition of allowing drag radials shouldn't be a problem then.

Logan
03-19-2005, 02:40 PM

Damn Rick, stop that. Every once in a while you start saying things that are completely reasonable and level headed with no hint of innuendo, back handed comments or sarcasm. You're freakin' me out with all this level headed conversation.....
:laugh:

DEFYANT
03-19-2005, 02:47 PM
:popcorn: Oh goodie. I thought we were on the verg of a civil war.:D

:grouphug:

MI2QWK4U
03-19-2005, 02:58 PM
IT WAS ABOUT A TRILOGY CAR STEPPING UP IN FLORIDA TO RUN A PROCHARGER CAR!

Naaah Dont you mean stepping Down?

Petrograde
03-19-2005, 03:19 PM

ok,... what the hell have you done with Menace!?

BillyGman
03-19-2005, 03:35 PM
ok,... what the hell have you done with Menace!?That's just an impersonator hired by procharger. :D ..."Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"........

Smokie
03-19-2005, 03:44 PM
I know it's been a long winter, and you can't go outside and play as much as you would like. But remember, all the things we say to each other when we are bored may linger in our memories and prevent us from sincerely shaking hands and enjoying each other's company when we meet face to face one day...I am very glad that this thread seems to be headed in a more friendly direction....:D

MikesMerc
03-19-2005, 04:19 PM

Sobbing.....

Crying.........

Based upon your pitiful plea I may indeed reflect further upon my decision as to whether I should contiue to enlighten you with my presence. Obviously it is members such as yourself which opitimizes just how much work needs to be done here:D

I will take your heart felt groveling into consideration.

Next time add some of these ( :bows: :bows: ) to your post and it will be even more effective:D

tmac1337
03-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Based upon your pitiful plea I may indeed reflect further upon my decision as to whether I should contiue to enlighten you with my presence. Obviously it is members such as yourself which opitimizes just how much work needs to be done here:D

I will take your heart felt groveling into consideration.

Next time add some of these ( :bows: :bows: ) to your post and it will be even more effective:D

Well said Mike.....in truth I enjoy the sparring. :bows:

merc406
03-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I know it's been a long winter, and you can't go outside and play as much as you would like. But remember, all the things we say to each other when we are bored may linger in our memories and prevent us from sincerely shaking hands and enjoying each other's company when we meet face to face one day...I am very glad that this thread seems to be headed in a more friendly direction....:D

Gezze, I hope know one remembers what I've said, hell I can't 2 minutes

after I said 'em. :rasta: ......carry on........ :popcorn:

Joe Walsh
03-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Well then the addition of allowing drag radials shouldn't be a problem then.

How much of a difference is there between the Nitto 555R P305 drag radials vs. the Nitto 555 P295 street radials?

Do the Trilogy cars annialate P295s?? :burnout:

P.S. I can't see running the OEM BFG P245s on ANY S/C Marauder.

Logan
03-19-2005, 05:25 PM
You can do it, it just requires mastery of the force to not burn them into obliteration at every stoplight...

'03BlkMM
03-19-2005, 06:16 PM
How much of a difference is there between the Nitto 555R P305 drag radials vs. the Nitto 555 P295 street radials?

P.S. I can't see running the OEM BFG P255s on ANY S/C Marauder.There is not a big difference in traction between the Nitto DR's and your normal street performance radial of similar size. I ran around on the 275/40/17 Nitto 555R on my Eaton blown Mustang for about 3yrs. I put about 40 passes on them at the track and drove probably 5K miles on the street with them. I could still spin them at will if I hit the gas too hard at any point in 1st or below 50 mph in 2nd even with the stock 3.27 gears that I had in the car. They do help, but still require you to really think about what your doing with the gas and in the case of my Mustang the clutch... :burnout:
At the same time I had a friend that I worked with that ran around on the 555R and then the BFG DR's and he said that the difference in traction between those 2 tires was pretty significant. He ended up busting his differential with the BFG DR's.

the_pack_rat
03-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Ya' know I hate to see all this discord round' here.

Tell ya' what I propose ...

I'm right here in the good ole' SUNSHINE STATE.

My MM has a pretty much STOCK drivetrain for the most part.

No gear changes(yet) - have an intake tube change - exhausts tips change & I do have a tuner program in there ..... other than that NADA.

I'd be MORE than happy to have someone like Claude(aka carfixer) to slap on a donated Trilogy S/C & nothing more. Once it's there however ... it MUST stay on there.

No DO keep in mind ...

I'd be doing this for MM.net as a GROUP so to speak ... not for any personal gain in any way shape or form whatsoever.

PSYCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

:lol:

MikesMerc
03-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Well said Mike.....in truth I enjoy the sparring. :bows:

Same here....I never really mean anything personal when I get going....no hard feelings :beer:

BillyGman
03-19-2005, 09:42 PM

P.S. I can't see running the OEM BFG P255s on ANY S/C Marauder. Drag radial tires have a different rubber compound. That's why they don't last as long. But there definately IS a difference in the traction that the drag radials offer. But the difference in traction is greater at the drag strip than it is on the street. On the street, my Marauder can still smoke up the P305 Nitto drag radials from a dead punch, but not as much as it can the standard radial tires. And I can take off without spinning them from about half throttle, whereas I cannot do that with the standard radials.

However, at the track where there's plenty of VHT traction compund spread on the asphalt, the drag radials really grab. Particularly right after a good burnout. My car puts 400 HP to the wheels, has 4.56 gears, and a 3,000 RPM stall speed, and after a good burnout, I can hammer the gas pedal down all at once at the starting line, and the Nitto DR's just grab. Sometimes it feels like they might spin about a half of a turn or even less, but that's it. As long as the track is well prepped, I haven't any traction issues with the drag radials, and that's why I've obtained a number of 1.6 second 60' times. There's no way I'd be able to do that with my car using standard radial tires, because the rubber compound that they're made of just doesn't grip much better after a good burnout.

Tallboy
03-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Sorry I got here so late. I'm at my cousin's house in Ansonia, CT. A typical New England day here. Cold and crappy-possible snow later tonight.

Since I've been referred to both directly and indirectly, I figured I'd chime in. I'm not a drag racer and everybody knows it. It is well known my car turns consistent 1/4 mile times of 13.1 seconds. Period. 35lbs. of air in the oem tires, 3/4 of a tank of Amoco gas. If you have a timeslip lower than 13.1 seconds, you're faster than I am. No argument. It's also no secret I can't drag race for *****. Ask my friends.

I find it amusing Tmac started this thread. As his car was getting it's final tune, Jerry Barnes and Trilogy1 were crossing the Florida state line. What's the first thing Tim did? Disabled his car to get more "bling", and then call out the Trilogy guys. Typical Tmac. But, don't take him too seriously, he's a great guy with a very fast car who enjoys spirited debate.

I have seen MarauderTJA's car. Very slick, indeed. The fit, finish, and overall appearance are fantastic. Kudo's to Greg for putting together such a high-quality kit. The car took home two trophies in Bradenton. I have no doubt his car is every bit as fast as mine. Maybe faster with the 4:10 gears.

Let's get some indentically equipped cars together and run 'em, ok? Losers buy the beer. As more Procharger cars hit the street, we're bound to find cars with same mods, just different blowers.

I'm also happy this thread didn't get ugly, or get shut down. I'm happy to see everbody getting along. Y'all make me proud to be associated with you. :beer:

Well, gotta run-it's time to eat and Aunt Connie made chicken soup!

maraudernkc
03-20-2005, 05:23 PM
MarauderTJA, is going to try and run his car this Thursday at Bradenton Race track and we will post the numbers. If any Trilogy guys want to meet him down there Thursday and be witness to the awsome display of centrifical power, you are welcome. I really don't know what the car will run but we will find out soon enoughf.

Maraudernkc

Sorry I got here so late. I'm at my cousin's house in Ansonia, CT. A typical New England day here. Cold and crappy-possible snow later tonight.

Since I've been referred to both directly and indirectly, I figured I'd chime in. I'm not a drag racer and everybody knows it. It is well known my car turns consistent 1/4 mile times of 13.1 seconds. Period. 35lbs. of air in the oem tires, 3/4 of a tank of Amoco gas. If you have a timeslip lower than 13.1 seconds, you're faster than I am. No argument. It's also no secret I can't drag race for *****. Ask my friends.

I find it amusing Tmac started this thread. As his car was getting it's final tune, Jerry Barnes and Trilogy1 were crossing the Florida state line. What's the first thing Tim did? Disabled his car to get more "bling", and then call out the Trilogy guys. Typical Tmac. But, don't take him too seriously, he's a great guy with a very fast car who enjoys spirited debate.

I have seen MarauderTJA's car. Very slick, indeed. The fit, finish, and overall appearance are fantastic. Kudo's to Greg for putting together such a high-quality kit. The car took home two trophies in Bradenton. I have no doubt his car is every bit as fast as mine. Maybe faster with the 4:10 gears.

Let's get some indentically equipped cars together and run 'em, ok? Losers buy the beer. As more Procharger cars hit the street, we're bound to find cars with same mods, just different blowers.

I'm also happy this thread didn't get ugly, or get shut down. I'm happy to see everbody getting along. Y'all make me proud to be associated with you. :beer:

Well, gotta run-it's time to eat and Aunt Connie made chicken soup!

mpearce
03-20-2005, 07:00 PM
How many Procharger guys will be coming up to Detroit for MVIII? If more than a few show up it looks like there will be some pretty interesting "grudge matches" like last year at Indy. I'm a big fan of "grudge matches" myself.

Can't wait for the...

"Throwdown in Motown!!!"

-Mat

MI2QWK4U
03-20-2005, 07:35 PM
MarauderTJA, is going to try and run his car this Thursday at Bradenton Race track and we will post the numbers. If any Trilogy guys want to meet him down there Thursday and be witness to the awsome display of centrifical power, you are welcome. I really don't know what the car will run but we will find out soon enoughf.

Maraudernkc

Greg,
You obviously forget that any Trilogy guys will be already used to awsome bone-jarring power from our Roots, especially off the line. Doubt you will make em run home and yank that Eaton off and return it! LOL

MI2QWK4U
03-20-2005, 07:40 PM
How many Procharger guys will be coming up to Detroit for MVIII? If more than a few show up it looks like there will be some pretty interesting "grudge matches" like last year at Indy. I'm a big fan of "grudge matches" myself.

Can't wait for the...

"Throwdown in Motown!!!"

-Mat

Thats a great question Mat! I wonder.....I hope they do show up....

By the way...I am stealing your snappy title for drag racing....

Throwdown in Motown!

BillyGman
03-20-2005, 11:57 PM
. Doubt you will make em run home and yank that Eaton off and return it! LOL I agree.....I think that if there's any supercharger that would ever make us Trilogy customers think twice, it would be the twin screw superchargers such as Kenne Belle, or the Whipple ones. But neither one of those are offered for the Marauder anyway, so that isn't a viable option for us unless we care to become our own engineers and fabricators like "Effster" had to with his twin screw equipped Marauder.

But as many great things as I've heard about the power offered by the Twin screw superchargers, I wouldn't be too quick to believe that the same amount of R&D, and engineering has went into the design of their S/Cer kits, as there was that has gone into the Trilogy S/Cer kits. You just cannot overlook the fact that Trilogy is an ENGINEERING company, and has worked, and does work closely with Ford. And that has been the case well before they ever began the developement of any supercharger kits. And that's why no other supercharger kit will compare with theirs. it was developed by an engineering company (Trilogy International).