PDA

View Full Version : Detroit, Lidio and Vortec

stevengerard
03-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Lidio has finally come to his senses and is secretly installing a Vortec on my car!!

Just kidding, I'm bringing my DR supercharged car to him this week to get tuned. Sometime at the end of the week. If I bring my wife with me is there anything in Detroit of interest for her besides potholes! For the rest of you motown boys I'll let you know what day for sure as I'd love to meet up at Alternative with you.

MI2QWK4U
03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Lidio has finally come to his senses and is secretly installing a Vortec on my car!!

Just kidding, I'm bringing my DR supercharged car to him this week to get tuned. Sometime at the end of the week. If I bring my wife with me is there anything in Detroit of interest for her besides potholes! For the rest of you motown boys I'll let you know what day for sure as I'd love to meet up at Alternative with you.

Motor City Crew....Looks like another excuse to kill a cow at CAPERS! Will you have time for dinner when you come up? Got a nice hotel nearby Lids and Capers....

MarauderMike
03-20-2005, 08:31 PM
How long are you planning on being in town?

stevengerard
03-20-2005, 10:13 PM
How long are you planning on being in town?

I was planning on arriving late morning and flying back to Chicago that night. Or if my wife comes with maybe the two of us will drive separtely to a freind's summer home in SouthHaven, then drive together to Lidio's and either stay the night in Detroit or in South Haven. I plan on leaving the car for a week.

tmac1337
03-20-2005, 10:21 PM

Are you having some performance/tuning issues with your car?

mad1stgen
03-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Quick question for you guys with vortech on the MM. Are you still using the stock coolant crossover tube ? does it clear the headunit ok ?

Let us know when you're down here, I'll swing by to chat ...

thanx, J.

stevengerard
03-23-2005, 05:43 PM
I have a custom tube made

stevengerard
03-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Looks like I will be coming in this Friday afternoon, probably flying back Friday night.

mad1stgen
03-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Looks like I will be coming in this Friday afternoon, probably flying back Friday night.
What needed to be done ? Move the temp sensor out of the way ? anything else ? thanx again.

Dennis Reinhart
03-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Lidio will do you right he sure is a lot closer than Jacksonvile Florida, keep us posted on the numbers,

stevengerard
03-23-2005, 08:39 PM
What needed to be done ? Move the temp sensor out of the way ? anything else ? thanx again.

I don't know, ask DR or Zack. Unfortunately with this car, working on it is a matter of convenience. That’s why I had my mechanic down the block install the S/C because I don’t have time to go to Zack’s, DR’s or Lidio’s. Same with this tune, it’s hard to tune the car from Florida or Detroit. Zack recommended a local Ford dealer and that was impossible to get coordinated. I have some business in Michigan and next week is spring break so it’s perfect timing all around to have someone who knows these cars work on it. If I was 5 hours from Dennis I’d be there instead. If I was in Denver I’d be screwed.

Tallboy
03-24-2005, 11:22 AM
You're doing the right thing in taking your car Lidio. Other than Carfixer, he's the only one who will ever put a wrench to my car. Have fun in Motown!!:burnout:

Dennis Reinhart
03-24-2005, 11:25 AM
You're doing the right thing in taking your car Lidio. Other than Carfixer, he's the only one who will ever put a wrench to my car. Have fun in Motown!!:burnout:

Carfixer is the Man, so is Lidio, again its a bit far to bring the car here.

Bradley G
03-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Good Luck on your new found power!

Bradley G

stevengerard
03-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll be up there Friday afternoon through rain sleet and snow, maybe I should have gone the extra miles to dennis'. I'm looking forward to "the power of an S/C"

I'm sure carfixer would do a great job but he's as far as Dennis, if I was to go that far I'd have the guy who designed my kit work on it (DR) - makes sense to me.

HwyCruiser
03-24-2005, 04:11 PM
.. . If I was in Denver I’d be screwed.
...and if you were in Kansas City you'd be half as screwed than Denver, or twice as screwed as you are now. :help:

MarauderBoy
03-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Good choice. My car is taking a few weeks rest at Lidio's shop right now, so your Chicago car will have some local company.

stevengerard
03-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Good choice. My car is taking a few weeks rest at Lidio's shop right now, so your Chicago car will have some local company.

Was yours getting the engine rebuilt? If so I gave Lidio $50 bucks to swap our engines - figured you'd never know.

Jerry Barnes
03-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Steve,

Good seeing you again. It was a shame you had to spend $86 for a ride to the airport. Next time give me some advance notice and I will be glad to help out. Hope you had a safe trip home.

Jerry

stevengerard
03-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Steve,

Good seeing you again. It was a shame you had to spend $86 for a ride to the airport. Next time give me some advance notice and I will be glad to help out. Hope you had a safe trip home.

Jerry

Thanks for the offer, it was the same price as my base airline ticket, then I got there and my flight was delayed 4 hours until at least 1:00 AM, I changed airlines just in time and actually got home an hour earlier then the original flight. It was great speaking to you as well, nice GT, Can't wait until the time is right to get a new Cobra or throw something on a GT - what's up your sleeve?