PDA

View Full Version : Whose Interested In Another New England RUN???

Dan
03-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi Gang,

I am thinking about planning another "run" in New England for May 14th. My runs involve driving. We will see some of the most enjoyable roads for our cars that New England has to offer. The last one we did took us on a great mix of twisties and flats that gave all attendess equal opportunity to drive their Marauder like the performance cars that they are.

I hope to follow a similar route as last time. We gave Rt 7 a blast, we stopped at two (not one) of the last covered bridges remaining in New England, we drove through the horse country of Millbrook, NY and wound up in the northwest corner of MA where we took in some of the most scenic views that MA has to offer. In spite of all of the miles that we drove we still took the time to stop for breakfast, lunch and some home made fudge at a shop in Florida, MA.

Odds are breakfast will be in New Britain, CT at 9:00 am. Folks suggested last time that later would be better so 9 it is. If we are successful at covering the right ground we will wind up in Northampton, MA to enjoy some great Mexican food for dinner. If you don't like Mexican there are other great places nearby,

If you are interested in attending this run, please, post here. Speed limit club members should probably sit this one out. :) I'll pick up your email addresses from the site and send everyone the final details when we get closer to the date.

Welcome to spring, gang.

Dan

Bigdogjim
03-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah this looks like fun :banana2:

I'll keep a eye on your thread :banana:

bigdogjim@att.net

Gagfish
03-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm in! Nice meeting you and the other guys this weekend Big Dog!

Dan
03-21-2005, 05:36 AM
When we did it in the fall it was a lot of fun. Those that attended had a blast.

We used FRS radios to keep in touch.

Dan

beemer
03-21-2005, 04:03 PM
I might be in on this possibly meeting up somewhere in Mass. BTW, in that area is Mt. Greylock, with an 8 mile paved road to the top, and great views.
I've been up there many times, well worth it.

Best,

Paul :D

Krytin
03-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Interested - will try & keep the date open!

Go Mifuni
03-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey Dan!
Yeah, I'm definitely up for another run.
It was a blast knockin' down those "baby buckets".
I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Dan
03-26-2005, 12:39 PM
BigDogJim asked for more details as to the start and end of route so I thought that I would reply here.

We are going to start in New Britain, CT at a diner. After breakfast we will run 84 west for a few miles and then get off the higghways for some grrrrrreat back roads. We will shoot north and west up into New Milford, CT. Here we will go slow a bit and enjoy the classic New England green and internationally famous Canterbury School.

From there we run up Rt. 7 north to visit the covered bridges in Kent and Canaan. In Kent we might take a short walk to stretch out our legs and view the river and dam.

From there it is back up 7 north to Lyme, CT where we will shoot across into New York State and through the horse country of Millerton, NY. At this point all of our roads have been a combo of highway and two lane twisties. That is about to end.

Odds are we will find ourselves looking to eat as we make the cross over into NY if the timing is right.

On the road again we get to look forward to Rt. 22. Rt 22 is sweet because it offers us a lot of opportunities to excercise the passing abilities of our cars. Rt. 22 is a long, straight two lane road. It goes for miles with sections that are just mile long straights.

At this point the exact route gets a bit sketchy. You see, I am very, very familiar with this area of the NY/CT/MA. Ideally we will be working our way north to Adams, MA but will cross back over into MA if it gets to a point where we are so behind the clock that doing so isn't feasible.

Alternately, I might look for a way to get us back into MA using secondary roads along the Rt 90 corridor.

Ultimately, we will wind up ending our day in the 5 colleges area of MA in Northampton, MA. There is a really great mexican place that the gang will love.

And that is that.

Last year we did this run and had a total blast. The roads that I picked really we ideal for our cars. They fit perfectly. Of course, the Marauders are just that good.

And that, as they say, is that. If we get rain in the forecast the rain date is the following Saturday.

Dan

MENINBLK
03-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I may be interested if this doesn't overshadow any other plans we make.

Dan
03-31-2005, 06:02 AM
Heh, heh, heh. This shoud BE the plans you make. :)

MENINBLK
04-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Heh, heh, heh. This shoud BE the plans you make. :)

I wish it were that simple... :rolleyes:

Dan
04-10-2005, 01:23 PM

BK_GrandMarquis
04-14-2005, 07:26 AM
This looks interesting. I might give it a try this year, if I can wake up that early. :D Otherwise I's just have to see how fast I can drive without getting a ticket. :burnout:

Dan
04-15-2005, 05:46 PM
You'll be able to wake up alright. I have faith in you. :)

Dan
04-21-2005, 04:11 AM
Getting closer, gang.

Whose interested? :)

Go Mifuni
04-21-2005, 04:36 AM
Getting closer, gang.

Whose interested? :)
I am still in.
However, my schedule is still subject to change without notice.:D

white95vic
04-22-2005, 07:26 AM
I'd be up for it in my vic (2000 P71), I just registered here for this, I saw the post on CVN and didn't know if you still check it.

If you are looking for good roads RT 2 is great, from Troy, NY to North Adams, MA and then past North Adams it is even more fun...heads out to I-91.

Dan
04-28-2005, 05:56 AM
White Vic,

Thanks for the suggestion. Ultimately, we will make it to Rt. 2 and head east. It will depend on a few things. For one, time. The other is that I have been thinking about adding a different leg for the spring run than I use for the fall run.

The jury is still out on it. :)

Dan

MENINBLK
04-28-2005, 07:44 AM
I have this in my schedule, and now it looks like I may be there...

The following Saturday is also good for me.

Dan
04-30-2005, 07:17 AM
I met anohter Marauder guy last night and he knows quite a few other MM guys. I have the suspision that we will have nearly 10 cars or more on this run. :banana:

Dan

Dan
05-05-2005, 05:50 AM
just a few days left. I'll be starting to look for email RSVP's on Monday.

Dan

DEFYANT
05-05-2005, 06:10 AM
This sounds fun, wish I was closer :(

Dan
05-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Me, too. :)

Dan
05-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Gang,

On Wednesday evening I'll post my email address and ask those of you who are interested in attending to RSVP via email. After Wednesday I won't be adding more names to the list.

Dan

Go Mifuni
05-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Sorry Dan and all, but I won't be able to attend this run. :bigcry:
I guess my sister-in-law decided to graduate :grad: from college and the ceremony is this Saturday.
I hope everyone has a great time (no doubt that you will, the route and people are awesome!)
See everyone on the next one. :party:

Dan
05-12-2005, 04:32 AM
:( Sorry to hear that, Mike.

Dan
05-12-2005, 04:34 AM
Hello All,

Sorry that I didn't post anything here last night but I got home too late and went right to sleep.

If you are coming to this run I NEED you to EMAIL me at danstraATcomcast.net. It is important that you email me if you are coming so that I can make the correct reservation at the restaurant.

The time to email me expires tonight at 9:00 pm. After that I am going to close the group down. I will send out an email to all who RSVP'd which contains directions to the meeting point and other particulars about the day.

Between the Marauders and the Crown Vics that up it should be a very fun day.

Best,

Dan

Gagfish
05-13-2005, 12:43 PM
So exactly when and where are we meeting tomorrow morning?

MENINBLK
05-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Dan,

Sorry but I will unfortunately have to decline your invitation this time.

I am looking forward to your next New England Run
and possibley a Fall Foliage run ???

Dan
05-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Folks,

The RUN IS CANCELLED due to weather. I will email all RSVP'd privately.

I didn't remember to make this clear but I had, in my mind, set a rain percentage of 50% of more in making the decision. As of right now I am seeing that we have a better than 60% chance of rain for tomorrow afternoon. Obviously, not the best conditions for putting down miles on our babies.

I am sorry about this. I appreciate those who were willing to support this and YES, I will be trying to do another one.

Best,

Dan

MENINBLK
05-16-2005, 07:30 AM
The weather here was so beautiful on Saturday.
Did you actually have any rain ???

Dan
05-18-2005, 07:41 PM
We were cloudy all day and it looked like rain for most of the day.

It was a tough call to make for me but that percentage went the other way. To be truthful, I would have rather called it off and have good weather than not call it off and get rain.

I'll try to plan another. The roads will still be there. :)

Thanks for your support, my friend.

Dan