PDA

View Full Version : First Vortech Air/Air kit sold

Dennis Reinhart
03-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks Kelly, he is sending his car down to Florida for his install, I was able to save him over 500.00 in shipping, the car will start out with the kit below, which includes a SCT Tuner with tuner cable, Cobra 39 LB injectors, a SCT Big Air Maf and external IAT sensor and plug along with K&N filter and adapter. Vortech Polished S. Trim with a 3.63 Pulley, Ford Motorsport plugs, our twin Cobra Fuel pump assembly, and a custom water crossover pipe, there is a core charge on your OEM cross over pipe and your OEM fuel pump. All the piping will be custom made out of mandrill bent aluminum, and will either be powder coated or polished what ever the customer wants, I have yet to decide where to put the Maf I do not want an open element under the hood. The kit should price out at 4700.00. This is a complete turn key kit with SCT Tunning.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1111438168-VORTECH-AA.jpg

klmore
03-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I think Dennis is being a little modest here. He saved me closer to a thousand on shipping round trip, almost $500 each way.

Dennis is also going to upgrade the transmission, install a cooling kit, and a converter if I can squeeze it out of the budget.

I will miss driving the Marauder, but I know it will be in good hands. It will also give me a little time to drive the wifes new (used) 1984 Mustang convertible.

Thanks Dennis.

BigCars4Ever
03-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Dennis,

I heard a long time ago that the SVT team was planning to use the A/C system of the Lightnin to cool down the intake air for about a 30 second romp. Twice as long as a run down the track. Any truth to this? If so what would it take replicate for a Marauder. Just wondering.

RoyLPita
03-22-2005, 05:57 AM
$4700 and you are only getting 6 spark plugs??!
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1111438168-VORTECH-AA.jpg

What a gyp!!!!! :lol:

Dennis Reinhart
03-22-2005, 06:13 AM
The other two are hiding under the box Roy LOL

Dennis Reinhart
03-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Dennis,

I heard a long time ago that the SVT team was planning to use the A/C system of the Lightnin to cool down the intake air for about a 30 second romp. Twice as long as a run down the track. Any truth to this? If so what would it take replicate for a Marauder. Just wondering.

They are planning on this. I know a lot about auto A/C and this could work but it presents several issues, one the after cooler or evaporator as its called in A/C would have to be enclosed two it would have to run off the cars compressor so you would have to shut off the refrigerant flow to the cars interior evaporator so it does not work, or run a darin to the front evaporator, because you cannot have a car dripping water on the track. So again its a neat idea and if they go with it in my be worth the effort in doing an adaptation of this.

MarauderMark
03-22-2005, 06:49 AM
They are planning on this. I know a lot about auto A/C and this could work but it presents several issues, one the after cooler or evaporator as its called in A/C would have to be enclosed two it would have to run off the cars compressor so you would have to shut off the refrigerant flow to the cars interior evaporator so it does not work, or run a darin to the front evaporator, because you cannot have a car dripping water on the track. So again its a neat idea and if they go with it in my be worth the effort in doing an adaptation of this.

Is this is something that can be done for our cars .Then let me be the first to offer S/ced # 18 for this.I have a pic of under the hood but you really can't see anything..
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42 81

mad1stgen
03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Dennis, what needs to be done to the crossover tube ? just remove the nipple ? What do you charge to do this ? thanx !!!

metroplex
03-22-2005, 08:20 AM
what kind of spark plugs are they?

They look like Motorcraft plugs, can't make out the heat range or type of plug.

klmore
03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
My car is being picked up tomorrow at 8:00 am. I can't wait.:)

Dennis Reinhart
03-23-2005, 08:02 PM
We will be ready and waiting I just vinished two cars today for our water to aire kit I looking forward to installing the new kit on your car