PDA

View Full Version : Addco vs Quickor

the_pack_rat
03-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Not trying to start any bickering here but ...

Are they both about the same in quality & function ?.

I was thinking of doing a set ... but was unsure which I would go with.

Oh & FYI ...

I stopped at the lobby on the way in & I got the last box of sno-caps ... sorry.

:neener:

fastblackmerc
03-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Not trying to start any bickering here but ...

Are they both about the same in quality & function ?.

I was thinking of doing a set ... but was unsure which I would go with.

Oh & FYI ...

I stopped at the lobby on the way in & I got the last box of sno-caps ... sorry.

:neener:
With all things being equal, size, finish, etc. I'd assume there would be no difference. Go with what ever fits your pocketbook. :burnout:

David Morton
03-22-2005, 01:22 PM
...I stopped at the lobby on the way in & I got the last box of sno-caps ... sorry.:neener:No you're not! You just said that 'cause you thought it would make me mad but *I* got the last bag of Twizzlers! So there!

Addco = mild 1018 steel.

Quickor = 4140 Chrome Moly Spring steel.

link (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9983&highlight=Quickor)

dwasson
03-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Isn't there a spec for sway bars? Is there something like X pounds per inch of deflection?

David Morton
03-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Isn't there a spec for sway bars? Is there something like X pounds per inch of deflection?Sounds reasonable to me, however I've never seen one advertised with any specs other than size. :confused:

Given that, I think one could expect better performance along those lines from something made of spring steel versus mild steel of the same diameter.

the_pack_rat
03-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Addco = mild 1018 steel.

link (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9983&highlight=Quickor)

I'll check it out thanks.

Dennis Reinhart
03-24-2005, 08:25 AM
The addco is also less expensive, comes with Polly bushing as the other bar

the fat bastid
03-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Addco = mild 1018 steel.

so what does this mean exactly? i left my metalurgy degree in my other pants.. :help:

Svashtar
03-28-2005, 09:36 AM
I have both, (Addco front and Quickor rear) and have posted a long thread here on the Quickor rear bar and my problems with installing it. Bottom line, in my experience only, the Quickor rear bar IS made from beefier stuff, but the provided bushings don't fit my '03 MM worth s*&t.

So far I have spent at least 4 hours under the rear of my car dealing with this, most recently yesterday. The metal shims provided to shim up the bushings are way too thin, and one has already fallen out in the course of driving the car and I had to make a new one myself.

Addco was nice enough to send me a set of their poly bushings for their RSB which I installed yesterday, BUT they appear to be 7/8" diameter and the Quickor rear bar is 1".

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the Addco RSB? I'm still hoping to get 1" poly bushings from _someone_, but for now the Addco bushings, even being a bit too small apparently, fit far better than the Quickor ones supplied with the bar.

Quickor also kept me waiting 4 months before they told me the FSB was not available for our cars.

Bottom line, the owner is a nice guy, Wes Chain is great and very helpful, AND I was very impressed with the powder coat and overall solid quality of the Quickor bar, but the bushing part of it has been a real pain.

It was 9 months ago I bought the bar though, so maybe the problem has been fixed. I'm going to call Quickor again today and see if they can help.

Regards,

Norm

P.S. Just spoke to Addco: Their RSB is also 1" like the Quickor. The reason the bushings are marked 7/8" is they take 7/8" bushings and drill them out to 1" diameter. On mine, they could have taken out a _bit_ more material, but as they enclose 99% of the area of the bar I don't think I'm going to worry about it.

wchain
03-28-2005, 01:07 PM
I have both, (Addco front and Quickor rear) and have posted a long thread here on the Quickor rear bar and my problems with installing it. Bottom line, in my experience only, the Quickor rear bar IS made from beefier stuff, but the provided bushings don't fit my '03 MM worth s*&t.

So far I have spent at least 4 hours under the rear of my car dealing with this, most recently yesterday. The metal shims provided to shim up the bushings are way too thin, and one has already fallen out in the course of driving the car and I had to make a new one myself.

Addco was nice enough to send me a set of their poly bushings for their RSB which I installed yesterday, BUT they appear to be 7/8" diameter and the Quickor rear bar is 1".

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the Addco RSB? I'm still hoping to get 1" poly bushings from _someone_, but for now the Addco bushings, even being a bit too small apparently, fit far better than the Quickor ones supplied with the bar.

Quickor also kept me waiting 4 months before they told me the FSB was not available for our cars.

Bottom line, the owner is a nice guy, Wes Chain is great and very helpful, AND I was very impressed with the powder coat and overall solid quality of the Quickor bar, but the bushing part of it has been a real pain.

It was 9 months ago I bought the bar though, so maybe the problem has been fixed. I'm going to call Quickor again today and see if they can help.

Regards,

Norm

P.S. Just spoke to Addco: Their RSW is also 1" like the Quickor. The reason the bushings are marked 7/8" is they take 7/8" bushings and drill them out to 1" diameter. On mine, they could have taken out a _bit_ more material, but as they enclose 99% of the area of the bar I don't think I'm going to worry about it.

Thanks for the comments Norm! Due to Quickors recent "issues" Glen,the owner has been fighting an illness for the last 6 or 8 months.

I am currently in the process of becoming the reseller of all Panther car bars for Glen. I.e. when you order a quickor bar, they'll ship from me direct out of Houston, vs. Drop shipping from Glen. This will ensure a quantum leap in order accuracy and shipping speed. We're gonna be getting this stock in our hands in the next 2 weeks, so they'll be ready at that time.

If you're still having issues with the Bar fittment, let me know. I want to ensure that you are COMPLETELY satisfied! :)