PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Heat exchanger For MM'S

MarauderMark
03-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Found this in Hot Rod mag and was wondering if this would/could benifit the Roots systems in our cars and can they be adapted to MM's.Any thoughts?
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59 38

Smokie
03-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Mark, I don't see anything.:dunno:

MarauderMark
03-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Mark, I don't see anything.:dunno:

Sorry about that.. :D

BillyGman
03-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't know the answer to that Mark. My guess would be that there's likely more room under the hood of the Lightning truck than there is on a Marauder. So if my guess is correct, then it might not be more efficient than the current Trilogy set-up is, and it might even be less efficiant. I've never had any heat related issues on the street or at the track with the Trilogy kit on my Marauder. But that is an interesting idea you came up with.

I suspect that it might be a disadvantage for us to have a heat exchanger that big, which would eclipse the radiator, and therefore might reduce the airflow and the cooling efficiency of the engine coolant.I'm thinking that the Ford Lightning truck might very well have a bigger radiator than our Marauders do since many trucks do. That's merely another guess on my part, but if that guess is a good one, then it might be counterproductive to have a heat exchanger as big as the radiator. It might result in a few more HP on really warm days, but it also might raise the temperature of the engine coolant too. And we wouldn't want that since it would likely increase the chances of detonation which is the number one killer of Supercharged engines.Things like this would have to be tried and tested with engine coolant temperature, as well as intercooler coolant temperature readings taken.