PDA

View Full Version : Car newly tuned at Diablosport

tmac1337
03-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Well folks, I decided have my car custom tuned at Diablosport corp. office in Delray Beach FL after seeing the success they had with MarauderTJA's car.

Diablosport is very close to my home, 30 miles, and has a very strong relationship with Procharger, so that was a big factor in making my decision.

Over 8 hours was spent on my car exclusively. The result:

462 RWHP
420 RWTQ

Car still shifts at 6000 RPM WOT, using 8-9 PSI with a larger pulley than used by Maraudernkc or MarauderTJA for less boost.

Shift points are perfect, I have no complaints.

TQ Converter locking/unlocking, no longer an issue.

I toasted 1 Corvette on the way home, 94 degrees outside with humidity, he never had a chance!

Zoltan, Cobra25, drove my car later, while driving it he toasted a nice red Corvette, left it behind like it was standing still. Zoltan punched the car from a stop and the car started going sideways, I told him to get off the pedal or the car would fly off the handle to parts unknown.

Hit the pedal while the car is moving, she takes off like a rocket!

I have to get moving, but I will update this will a full version of my tuning saga next week...... :rolleyes:

Cobra25
03-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I drove Tim up too Diablosport to pick up his Marauder & followed him back too his home. I saw his Dyno sheet when we were at Diablosport and it did read 462 RWHP & 420 RWTQ. After we got back to his home I took it out for a test drive, I gave it alot of gas when I started off at a stand still ( OD off ) and had to get off it quickly, it took off really quick. Next I was driving about 35-40 with the OD off and punched it, the rear tires were starting to smoke so again I got off the gas. Next I took it on 75 North was crusing about 75-80 mph ,a red Corvette pulled up along side us and then he punched it ,he started to move nicely then I punch Tims Marauder and blew past him like he was standing still. Tim's Marauder runs great, it shift's really nice and man does it pull. Keep in mind it was 95-96 degrees out side & we had the A/C on. The Temp gauge was pointed at the 20 MPH mark ( which is normal ) all the time and didn't get hot at all.

NAVCHAP
03-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Good thing I blessed your MM already, but you didn't have to worry about tickets anyway, LOL! -kjs- :banana2:

stevengerard
03-26-2005, 06:16 PM
holy cow, that's a lot of torque to go with a ton of HP! man I hope I can get there.

maraudernkc
03-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Tim, Diablo did one hell of a job on your car and Tom's car. They really spent alot of time and effort in there tune for these blown Procharger/MM. The Diablo guys are a great bunch of guys that really seem to care about making there customers happy. Not a easy thing to find in todays world.

Diablo did the tune for Procharger on there 2005 Mustang kit and those cars are now running Mid 11's with only the blower and gears.

If anyone has any doubt about how one of these Procharger/MM cars run, come drive one!

462 RWHP
420 RWTQ

With 8 LBS of Boost that is incrediable!

Thanks Diablo!!!!

Well folks, I decided have my car custom tuned at Diablosport corp. office in Delray Beach FL after seeing the success they had with MarauderTJA's car.

Diablosport is very close to my home, 30 miles, and has a very strong relationship with Procharger, so that was a big factor in making my decision.

462 RWHP
420 RWTQ

Car still shifts at 6000 RPM WOT, using 8-9 PSI with a larger pulley than used by Maraudernkc or MarauderTJA for less boost.

I toasted 1 Corvette on the way home, 94 degrees outside with humidity, he never had a chance!

Zoltan, Cobra25, drove my car later, while driving it he toasted a nice red Corvette, left it behind like it was standing still. Zoltan punched the car from a stop and the car started going sideways, I told him to get off the pedal or the car would fly off the handle to parts unknown.

I have to get moving, but I will update this will a full version of my tuning saga next week...... :rolleyes:

carfixer
03-27-2005, 06:32 AM
Tim stopped by with his Procharger #0001 yesterday to let me test drive his new dyno tune. Let me tell you, this is the real deal. This car pulls real hard all the way up to 6,000 RPM and will roast the tires all day from a stop or 25 MPH punch!

Diablo got the tune right. The driveability is great and shifting is perfect. Tim made a list of exactly how he wanted the shifting and torque converter to act and they dialed it in perfectly. They gave him plenty of timing which really upped the power without even a hint of detonation on pump gas.

Open the hood and you see the beautiful, show winning (#0002 Procharger won 1st in Bradenton) engine compartment. This thing is beautiful. You've got to see it to really appreciate it.

I think its great that we have so many S/C options out there for our cars. For those looking into a centrifugal S/C, Procharger shouldn't be overlooked.

Tallboy
03-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Congratulations on the awesome numbers, Tim! It sounds like you've built quite the boulevard bruiser. I am looking forward to seeing it in person, although having seen MarauderTJA's car, I've got a pretty good idea. Sounds to me like it's time for a set of drag radials!:burnout:

Side note: When people like Carfixer and Cobra25 give such great testimonials, take note. These are two very well respected guys who tell it like it is.

MarauderMark
03-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Thats some awesome numbers..:up: The Vette Killer, yeah!!!:up:

maraudernkc
03-27-2005, 08:16 AM
carfixer, Thanks for the great job you did installing both the Procharger kits down in Florida. If anyone in the area needs anything done to there MM, It does not get any better than carfixer.

Tim stopped by with his Procharger #0001 yesterday to let me test drive his new dyno tune. Let me tell you, this is the real deal. This car pulls real hard all the way up to 6,000 RPM and will roast the tires all day from a stop or 25 MPH punch!

Diablo got the tune right. The driveability is great and shifting is perfect. Tim made a list of exactly how he wanted the shifting and torque converter to act and they dialed it in perfectly. They gave him plenty of timing which really upped the power without even a hint of detonation on pump gas.

Open the hood and you see the beautiful, show winning (#0002 Procharger won 1st in Bradenton) engine compartment. This thing is beautiful. You've got to see it to really appreciate it.

I think its great that we have so many S/C options out there for our cars. For those looking into a centrifugal S/C, Procharger shouldn't be overlooked.

Cobra25
03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
carfixer, Thanks for the great job you did installing both the Procharger kits down in Florida. If anyone in the area needs anything done to there MM, It does not get any better that carfixer. Greg I must agree with you , I was the first one in our group that did the Reverse Head cooling mod & the Electric water pump and carfixer did it for me. Carfixer Also did my Trilogy S/C install and also did a great job, he treats our cars just as if it was his own if not better.

Dennis Reinhart
03-28-2005, 09:46 AM
I agree Zoltan Car fixer is the Man, and those are great numbers Tim.

tmac1337
03-28-2005, 05:37 PM

Thanks Dennis.

Joe Walsh
03-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Nice RWHP & Torque numbers! That's 500+ flywheel!! :banana:
Two questions;
Any exhaust mods on your car?
Why only run it to 6000 rpm?....why not 6200->6400 rpm? These 4 valve engines love rpm.

tmac1337
03-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Diablosport hit a home run tuning my car.

462 RWHP
420 RWTQ

Diablo spent over 8 hours custom tuning MarauderTJA’s Procharger car a couple of weeks ago which is basically stock except for 4:10 gears and aftermarket mufflers. Within 2 weeks I had my Procharger car at their facility for custom tuning. I have a lot more mods than Tom and using his tune as a base, Diablo spent over 8 hours exclusively on my car too.

The result, a fantastic custom tune by Scott Beer of Diablosport. I have spent a lot of time pouring over old threads on this website, searching the net, and making phone calls. I told Scott what I was looking for and he came through for me. The car shifts perfect from WOT to normal driving. Annoying TQ converter lockup is no longer an issue, including “tip in’s” while cruising and giving the car some acceleration, like passing for instance. The shift pressure is perfect depending on WOT or normal driving. I have let 4 other Marauder owners drive my car now. All have been highly impressed with the tune. This guy is a “master tuner” and my car shows it! Tom’s car is a bat out a hell also! My car has 14 degrees of conservative safe timing, no matter what I do to it there is NO detonation. I have 2 tunes for my car. The one I’m using now, and another tune which Scott told me is “much more aggressive, but still safe for your car” as he displayed a big smile on his face.

I know that I have one of the best, or THEE best tunes available for a supercharged Marauder application, as does MarauderTJA.

Diablo has 2 facilities. A state of the art facility in Boca Raton FL that makes their chips, predators, MAFia, and the like. Take a virtual tour of it on the companies website. Diablo has a tuning and dyno facility in Delray Beach FL. The Delray facility is topnotch also. One of my big reasons for switching from SCT to Diablo was it’s close location to my home, excellent hardware that is much more advanced than their competition, and the presence of an excellent tuner, Scott Beer, who agreed to tune my car. Check out their website, how many dealers they have, or call them at 561-908-0040.

Each company, including Diablo, has hardware such as chips and handheld devices. Diablo’s Predator, allows you, the customer, to change settings from timing, shift points, to gear ratio’s yourself. Tunes can be emailed to you and downloaded as well. The Predator allows 30 minutes of data-logging taken from a vehicle’s ECU, which can be replayed on the Predator or your home PC using free software. I bought my Predator from www.concoursdirect.com which includes free 1 day air shipping and necessary computer cables for $340.00. For the Marauder, the Predator comes preloaded with a tune Marauder specific if your naturally aspirated. Diablo now has a kick ass tune for the Procharger S/C application.

Every tuning company out there is only as good as the individuals writing the software. Each company has Dealers located throughout the USA who will sell the hardware or custom tune a car on a dyno. Be careful, every company has Dealers who are lousy custom tuners, you get a tune only a good as the individual who massaged/custom tuned the companies software. It is not a bad chip, which is hardware, or a handheld programmer, which is hardware, it will be the lousy tune that was loaded up onto it that you do not like. Diablosport has Master Tuners, and so does SCT. Find a master tuner no matter which company you use.

Diablo tuning is fantastic! This website has overlooked Diablo for some reason. I suspect that because we have a limited production car with one website devoted to it, and the limited Dealers on this site sold SCT from the beginning, we all went that way when getting a chip or a handheld. That does not mean SCT is better than Diablo. For those of you without a chip, seriously consider a Diablo tuner, you will not be disappointed and the software and customer support is fantastic. There are options. One company does not write alphabet soup code while the other writes hieroglyphics, it comes down to the quality of the software writer and ability of the custom tuner. No matter what you do to your car, if you have a bad tune the car with run like crap. Find who the best tuner in your area is, Diablo or SCT, and make an informed choice after reviewing the hardware capabilities of each company.

It is now my opinion after using numerous SCT programs over a two year period, and now using Diablo, that Diablo is far superior to SCT, but that is my opinion only. My car’s performance reinforces my opinion.

Coupled with the incredible Procharger kit, my car rocks!

tmac1337
03-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Two questions;
Why only run it to 6000 rpm?....why not 6200->6400 rpm? These 4 valve engines love rpm.

Yes, I have the Cobra Manifolds and exhaust kit on my car.

I am running it to 6000 RPM because the car is making so much HP and TQ I want to limit it so I do not blow the engine. I could raise it up to 6200 RPM, or run a smaller pulley like Tom, but look at the results I'm getting now. I'm very happy with 8 psi.

And the air to air intercooler works fantastic! I have been using a pyrometer on the kit periodically for 2 weeks now. I hooked it up for an hour and half today. Beating on the car, 79 degrees outside ambient temp, the car never heated up over 24 degrees above outside ambient up to speeds of 120 MPH, OD off, WOT. Once the car is out of boost, the AIT steadily drops back down second by second. Air to Air will never hurt anything and is the real deal. The faster you go with the car cruising, the lower the AIT at the engine is. I know what my AIT is, having tested it myself! At stop lights the AIT will increase about 5 degrees while the car is at idle, won't hurt anything, then your off again.

ghostship55
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Do you know of anyone in the Baltimore area?

462 RWHP
420 RWTQ

tmac1337
03-28-2005, 07:00 PM

If your car is stock, just order the Marauder Predator if that is your choice.

If you have mods, or if looking for a great custom tuner, call up Diablo and have them recommend someone in your area 561-908-0040. Be specific that you just do not want a custom tuner, you want an individual who knows what he is doing.

Joe Walsh
03-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Amazon Racing is up in Edgewood, Md. (410) 676-3433
www.amazonracing.com The owner is a guy named Rick.
He does a lot of dyno-tunes on Mustangs, especially S/C Cobras...
I don't know if he has done any Maruders though. (I have not had my car tuned by Amazon so I can't vouch for them.)

MarauderMark
03-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Amazon Racing is up in Edgewood, Md. (410) 676-3433
www.amazonracing.com The owner is a guy named Rick.
He does a lot of dyno-tunes on Mustangs, especially S/C Cobras...
I don't know if he has done any Maruders though. (I have not had my car tuned by Amazon so I can't vouch for them.)

Good pick Joe:up: Yeah this guy has all the equipment and programs for our cars .He has also done work on Defyants car and he had nothing but good things to say about him...Theres also another place in Maryland called Johnny lighning but i can't seen to find any info on them . but everynow and then they run a couple of lightning trucks at the track..

maraudernkc
03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Joe Walsh, Your right our cars do love the high RPM's. Diablo cut Tim's car off at 6000 RPM because it was making too much HP for a cast bottom end. The faster the motor spins the more Boost and power it will make. Tim's Dyno Graph was still shooting staight up. You gotta admit those are some great numbers on 8PSI. I can hardly wait for Tim to run it down at Bradenton!

Two questions;

tmac1337
03-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Good thing I blessed your MM already, but you didn't have to worry about tickets anyway, LOL! -kjs- :banana2:

Thank you Father, I'll be throwing my keys your way the next time your in town. Always a pleasure to see you!

tmac1337
03-28-2005, 08:07 PM

Zoltan, you have many of the same mods on your car as I do on mine. Your Trilogy equipped car rocks too! I know it is one of the fastest Trilogy cars in the country after driving yours and comparing it to a stock Trilogy car I have also driven. Let's find you a custom tune to enhance what you already have safely and we can blast off the planet together!

Cobra25
03-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Zoltan, you have many of the same mods on your car as I do on mine. Your Trilogy equipped car rocks too! I know it is one of the fastest Trilogy cars in the country after driving yours and comparing it to a stock Trilogy car I have also driven. Let's find you a custom tune to enhance what you already have safely and we can blast off the planet together! Thank you Tim, as far as a custom tune maybe in the future, right now I have a few other mods I thinking about doing so until then it's on hold. I'm in no rush, I like to take my time for the most part, don't want to make any mistakes.

Joe Walsh
03-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Good pick Joe:up: Yeah this guy has all the equipment and programs for our cars .He has also done work on Defyants car and he had nothing but good things to say about him...Theres also another place in Maryland called Johnny lighning but i can't seen to find any info on them . but everynow and then they run a couple of lightning trucks at the track..

Johnny Lightning Performance
New Providence, Pa. (I think that he's south of Hershey, Pa.)
(717) 786-4670
www.johnnylightningperf.com

He's got a wicked 9 second Lightning...