PDA

View Full Version : JLT GP in April!!

Tucker
03-28-2005, 06:03 PM
JLT Group Purchase

The GP will run for 2 weeks, April 1st through April 15.
Discount will be 10% off all JLT complete kits only.
Complete kits meaning:
JLT RAI for Cobra with MAF adaptor, Air Filter and heat shield.
Regular price: Black $135 GP Price $121.50
Color $150 GP Price $135
OR

JLT CAI for Cobra with MAF adaptor and Air Filter
Regular Price: Black $200 GP Price $180
Color $230 GP Price $207

OR

JLT RAI for GT with MAF adaptor, air filter and heat shield
Regular price: Black $155 GP Price $139.50
Color $170 GP Price $153

OR

JLT for Marauder with MAF adaptor, air filter and heat shield
Regular price: Black $140 GP price $126
Color $155 GP Price $139.50

I also have a few JLT T-Shirts left, Large and X-Large only. $15.00
Sorry it's got a Mustang on it guys...:beer:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12 592&stc=1
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12 591&stc=1
This starts Friday April 1st.
To place your order:
Call 757 335 1940 to order by phone with M.C. or Visa
Or
Fill out an order form at www.jlttruecoldair.com (http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/) and pay through Paypal. (Address to pay is on form) Please put what you are ordering on the Paypal form also.

Thanks all and let me know if you have any questions.
Jay

Bradley G
03-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Great News Jay!

May I please have a XL- shirt and a heat shield and a sock and a new JLT sticker for my tube. I screwed up the first one :rolleyes: .If this would be possible?
Thanks for your efforts!
Bradley G
I did not forget your copy of my Dyno test on your CAI set-up,I am supposed to see CJ @ Dyno-Pro soon,he said he would print me some copies.

Rider90
03-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Great News Jay!

May I please have a XL- shirt and a heat shield and a sock and a new JLT sticker for my tube. I screwed up the first one :rolleyes: .If this would be possible?
Thanks for your efforts!
Bradley G
I did not forget your copy of my Dyno test on your CAI set-up,I am supposed to see CJ @ Dyno-Pro soon,he said he would print me some copies.

http://www.midwestvics.org/bradleyg/dynoresults.jpg

Directedby
03-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Is this a sale or Group Purchase? If GP, how many units need to be sold to get sale price?

Tucker
03-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Is this a sale or Group Purchase? If GP, how many units need to be sold to get sale price?It's a GP for everyone after one unit sold. :D

Bradley, Just give me a call for the stuff, anytime
Jay

Tucker
03-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Remember, this kit has beed proven to beat the K&N in 3rd party dyno testing and for half the price!
Dyno sheet above.:beer:

Bradley G
03-28-2005, 07:59 PM
I will call you Jay!
Jason thanks dude!, for posting the dyno run we had!
Bradley G

Bradley G
03-28-2005, 08:05 PM
If you install the tube too far into the elbow it may chaf the hood liner. It only needs to sit inside the elbow 1/2 inch or so.Just enough for the clamp to bite + 1/8".This should keep enough clearance between the throttle body and the hood liner to keep from rubbing.
I have two questions. Will this kit be improved so that it doesn't chew up the hood liner? Has it been proven best on a supercharged Marauder? ThanksBadley G

QWK SVT
03-28-2005, 08:06 PM
JLT Group Purchase

The GP will run for 2 weeks, April 1st through April 15.
Discount will be 10% off all JLT complete kits only.
Complete kits meaning:
JLT RAI for Cobra with MAF adaptor, Air Filter and heat shield.
Regular price: Black $135 GP Price $121.50
Color $150 GP Price $135
OR

JLT CAI for Cobra with MAF adaptor and Air Filter
Regular Price: Black $200 GP Price $180
Color $230 GP Price $207

OR

JLT RAI for GT with MAF adaptor, air filter and heat shield
Regular price: Black $155 GP Price $139.50
Color $170 GP Price $153

OR

JLT for Marauder with MAF adaptor, air filter and heat shield
Regular price: Black $140 GP price $126
Color $155 GP Price $139.50

I also have a few JLT T-Shirts left, Large and X-Large only. $15.00
Sorry it's got a Mustang on it guys...:beer:

This starts Friday April 1st.
To place your order:
Call 757 335 1940 to order by phone with M.C. or Visa
Or
Fill out an order form at www.jlttruecoldair.com (http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/) and pay through Paypal. (Address to pay is on form) Please put what you are ordering on the Paypal form also.

Thanks all and let me know if you have any questions.
Jay:woohoo:

I thought I was getting one for Christmas, but no luck. Now I just have to wait for April 1st, to place an order...

Svashtar
04-18-2005, 06:28 PM
If you install the tube too far into the elbow it may chaf the hood liner. It only needs to sit inside the elbow 1/2 inch or so.Just enough for the clamp to bite + 1/8".This should keep enough clearance between the throttle body and the hood liner to keep from rubbing.Badley G It is irrelevant whether the tube is 4 inches into the elbow or 1/4" into the elbow without the clamp even installed. It doesn't rub on the tube, and the point of contact with the hood liner is not where the tube ends in the elbow, or is it the clamp. The point of contact is at the very lip of the rubber elbow, and this can be seen by the shiny wear on the elbow edge. I have also verified this by putting a white piece of vinyl tape on edge of the elbow and closing the hood. When I opened the hood the tape was now neatly folded 90 degrees down.

If you look at the stock unit and measure it down the length of the elbow you'll see that it takes quite a downturn as it comes towards you down off the TB, and this plunge allows it to just barely clear the hood. Without an expensive custom molded product that mimicked the factory setup exactly, this thickness of elbow is going to rub.

My RAI tube is inserted just barely enough to engage the clamp, and it still rubs. The good news is that the 2.5" long tear inside the hood liner has not gotten even 1/4" bigger or longer in the last few weeks and several hundred miles of driving. As long as the damage is limited to superficial rubbing of the elbow edge, I'm not going to worry about it, and the SOP performance gains and great sound of the car more than justify both the expense and this minor problem.

I DID want to install the PHP spacer, but need to research that more as A) I hear it might cause more rubbing of the JLT kit (and as you have one maybe this RAI insertion amount thing DOES apply to you?) and B) I have heard that the spacer is a difficult install. (?)

Thanks,

Norm

torinodan
04-18-2005, 07:07 PM
I DID want to install the PHP spacer, but need to research that more as A) I hear it might cause more rubbing of the JLT kit (and as you have one maybe this RAI insertion amount thing DOES apply to you?) and B) I have heard that the spacer is a difficult install. (?)
Thanks,
NormIf the spacer is added it will rub more. Move the clamp all the way the end of the elbow so there's no sharp edge to cut the hood liner but a smooth surface just to rub off of during WOT. Anything taller than the PHP spacer and you'll have to use the stock air tube elbow connected to the tube. All the raised portions on the stock elbow must also be removed. This gives more flex and the stock part is thiner and at this point looks the same just no rub.

Trust me, I found out what a 1/2 inch phenolic manifold spacer will do to the hood liner with either part. Now mine no longer rubs. You can also use the elbow Tucker supplies if you trim down the bottem edge of the elbow by a 1/4" where it meets the throttle body. This will give it a more downward angle. This depends if you used the filter he supplies or use one longer or shorter. If you use the shorter one then you can do the air box mod for more support as well. And you can even use the rubber inlet tube from a Crown Vic air box so you can have a dual inlet air box. Just a few ideas for you all. Hopes this helps out with the rubbing problem. Also, removing the plastic plugs from the hood liner above the area of the throttle body and putting rubber washers under them will also raise the liner about 1/8 inch.

QWK SVT
04-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Jay - again, thank you for the quick service! I'm still amazed how quick you got this out, and can't wait to give it a try!:2thumbs:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=246235#post24 6235