PDA

View Full Version : Possible September thing

Dark_Knight7096
03-29-2005, 01:01 PM
I know that we are a long ways away from September but I figured I would ask this now that way the time was there to plan and execute this that way there would be no last minute rushes.
Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ is having their 29th annual Fall Swap Meet & Auto Show on Sept 23-25th. I used to go on sundays because i had a 1970 Mustang that i used to show. I would go up on the saturday because that's when all the newer cars would be there. There is an Impala SS club that is always there and they usually have about 20 some odd cars there, I have been going to this auto show for about 4 years now and I have never, not once, seen a Marauder at this show. I thought it could be cool, if everyone likes the idea, for us to have our September meet be this carshow. Let me know how much interest everyone has and i'll call the track officials to ask about the show. Seeing as how no Marauder has ever gone to this show before they don't have an actual catagory for us, but if we get enough of a following together, seeing as how they will have a lot of advanced notice, maybe we could get our own catagory and show off our cars to thousands of people. It would be right up our alley too, because we love just sitting around in parking lots BSing with one another and what a better way to do that then being surrounded by all those cars. Let me know what you all think and i'll talk to the track officials about it. I don't have any concrete info such as registration fees or anything else yet because they have not been announced. I can dig up my registration for the spring show and tell you how much it costs to register a car for that, the prices shouldn't change but i don't wanna say 100% either way on this thing. Get back to me, let me know what you all think.

valkyrie
03-29-2005, 01:06 PM
I would be interested. I haven't had much success getting this crew to the track yet though.

Black 04
03-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Martin,
There is the spring swap meet on April 15th to the 17th...the Impala SS club will be there on Saturday. If you get enough people you can make this a much earlier event.

Dark_Knight7096
03-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Martin,
There is the spring swap meet on April 15th to the 17th...the Impala SS club will be there on Saturday. If you get enough people you can make this a much earlier event. Yea I knew about the one in April, money for pre-register would all have to be in by now and although they still accept day of registration (only way we could do it now) I don't know how much luck we would have about being able to stick together during the day or what type of track position we would have, you don't wanna be all the way down the end of the track where nobody really wants to walk to. I had orginally planned to try and organize this for the April meet but i didn't realize how soon in the month it was, nor did i realize how fast March was slipping away. Since we are looking at approximatly two weeks prep time, i do not know what type of inconveniences that may put people through nor do i know how many people are attending the spring meet or any of those other X-factors. I would prefer to take extra time out just to make sure everything was right. I would love it if there was a way they could stick us right with the SS guys. That would be great, that's why I figured make this the september thing that way there is more than enough time to plan it out and get arrangements made.

All that being said, I will call raceway park tomorrow and ask them about their arrangements and if they would be able to accomodate us and how we would be arranged at the track. I'll post as soon as i get some news.

Black 04
03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
My buddy has a 95 Impala SS. I went with him last April and the SS club always lines up on one side of the track near the staging lanes. It will be cool if we can line up directly accross from them. They are a bunch of nice guys.

DL04
03-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Sounds good, keep us posted

Bigdogjim
03-29-2005, 11:39 PM
The weekend before this event some of us will be at Dennis Reinhart's in Fl:)

A weekend get together of fun in the sun and drag racing:burnout:

Sept.17th. Saturday:up:

DEFYANT
03-29-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm interested.

valkyrie
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
The weekend before this event some of us will be at Dennis Reinhart's in Fl:)

A weekend get together of fun in the sun and drag racing:burnout:

Sept.17th. Saturday:up:

I forgot about that. I may be in Florida as well. I am from Orange Park and will visit my brother while I am there.

Dark_Knight7096
03-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Ok, i have gotten in contact with Raceway park and the lady on the phone told me she would pass on a memo to some senior director or something and he would get back to me, if i don't hear from them by monday i'm going to be Emailing and calling them again. One thing to remember though, as some of the posts have said you would love to come for a "track day" of sorts, there is no racing during their car shows. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but i feel i should mention that in case someone might think this, i don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

martyo
03-31-2005, 04:45 PM
I'll come.

Dennis Reinhart
03-31-2005, 06:25 PM
Gainsvile has been rented for Septemdber the 17 here in Florida I hope some of you can attend

Bigdogjim
03-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Gainsvile has been rented for Septemdber the 17 here in Florida I hope some of you can attend
Dennis I will be roaring down I-95 with a bunch of Marauder's headin your way:)

Tallboy
03-31-2005, 06:34 PM
Dennis I will be roaring down I-95 with a bunch of Marauder's headin your way:)
Don't miss Disneyworld!!!:D

Bigdogjim
03-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Don't miss Disneyworld!!!:D
Only if I am driving a trilogy marauder and get in free :P

:laugh:

Dark_Knight7096
04-04-2005, 11:07 PM
News from Raceway Park. The person who contacted me said, if i handle getting together all the pre-registration forms and have them all sent in at the same time, and make a note that we are a car club and need to all be placed together, we should have our own spaces at the show that are reserved and off limits to other models of vehicle. They said they could not assure track position or proximity to the Impala SS club but if I make a note of that in our registrations as well they said they would try to put us next to, across from, or in general, as close as possible to the SS club. Now the pre-registration forms for the fall meet are not out yet, as soon as they are i will tell everyone price, and all the other specifics. From that i can get a head count as to who is going and then set up a deadline for when i need decisions for or against going and pre-registration money. I will send all the forms in together in one large envelope with the note stating we are together and want to be near the SS club.

Black 04
04-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Sounds good Martin!!