PDA

View Full Version : T-67 Installed

DEFYANT
04-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Permasmile!:D I got Permasmile!:D How else can I describe it?

Trilogy kit 67 is installed and the car is running like never before. OMFG she is alive now. I had to relearn how to drive it because when I press the go pedal, she gets there so much faster that I almost wrecked!

As was said before, this is the way Ford should have sold this car

The install was painless. We changed a few things (gage location, boost a pump sensor location.. little things.) that caused the time to run over abit but it was worth it. My car had the port on the computer blocked off so Rick had to "unblock" it;) . The hardest part was the brackets that attached to the back of the engine and the vacuum lines on the back of the intake. I also add a fuel pressure gauge and mounted it in the A-pillar with the boost gauge. The job was excellent.

Thanks to Rick and Linn at Amazon Racing and everyone else who was responsible for making this kit a reality.

I will try to get dyno numbers up soon. Check out the <A href="http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2644" target=_blank>gallery (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2644</a>) for pics.

To those in the latest Trilogy raffle: Good luck you guys, whoever wins, you too will get permasmile!:D

wesman
04-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Good to hear Defyant, just keep it on the road! Great pics.

MARAUDER S/C #5
04-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Glad to hear everything went smoothly, now you own a real muscle car.

Welcome to club Trilogy, now go edit your sig. :D :burnout:

MarauderMark
04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Well its about time..Congrats on your new found power.we gotta go take over cecil county now..did Lisa drive it yet if so how did she like it.if ya aint busy come pick me up :burn:.I am very happy for ya buddy..:up:

merc
04-01-2005, 08:32 PM
You are living my dream :burnout: I know what you will be doing this weekend. :banana:

Tallboy
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Congratulations, Defyant! The Trilogy expirience is well worth the price of admission. Now you know what the rest of us have been talking about. It's time to click on the Tire Rack banner...:burnout: :burnout:

MikesMerc
04-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Welcome aboard the good ship Trilogy :burn:

stevengerard
04-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Congrats. all you guys with a S/C are now spoiled "this is how Ford should have made it!?" heck if it was half that good it would have sold better.

shakes_26
04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Perma-smile? Is that like Perma-Seal? :)

BillyGman
04-02-2005, 12:01 AM
congrats on your new found G-Force!!!!!!

DEFYANT
04-02-2005, 11:22 AM
If Ford had sold the car this way it would have gotten a 40K sticker price, IMO. I think it would have been worth it.

jgc61sr2002
04-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Congrats :D :woohoo: :up:

BillyGman
04-02-2005, 09:43 PM
If Ford had sold the car this way it would have gotten a 40K sticker price, IMO. I think it would have been worth it.I fully agree!!!!

MARAUDER S/C #5
04-02-2005, 10:23 PM
If Ford had sold the car this way it would have gotten a 40K sticker price, IMO. I think it would have been worth it.
Since I paid just over $36,000.00 for my car I would have to agree also.

hitchhiker
04-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Permasmile!:D I got Permasmile!:D How else can I describe it?

Trilogy kit 67 is installed and the car is running like never before. OMFG she is alive now. I had to relearn how to drive it because when I press the go pedal, she gets there so much faster that I almost wrecked!

As was said before, this is the way Ford should have sold this car

The install was painless. We changed a few things (gage location, boost a pump sensor location.. little things.) that caused the time to run over abit but it was worth it. My car had the port on the computer blocked off so Rick had to "unblock" it;) . The hardest part was the brackets that attached to the back of the engine and the vacuum lines on the back of the intake. I also add a fuel pressure gauge and mounted it in the A-pillar with the boost gauge. The job was excellent.

Thanks to Rick and Linn at Amazon Racing and everyone else who was responsible for making this kit a reality.

I will try to get dyno numbers up soon. Check out the <A href="http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2644" target=_blank>gallery (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2644</a>) for pics.

To those in the latest Trilogy raffle: Good luck you guys, whoever wins, you too will get permasmile!:D

Congrats!

If I get my MM paid for this year, I may take the plunge next year.

I already have a mod friendly dealer lined up in Santa Rosa, CA.

Best Regards,

David

wesman
04-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Hitch how exactly do you tell they are a mod-friendly dealer?

TechHeavy
04-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Way to go. :)

A K&N filter and Nitto's will complete the ensemble. :D :banana2:

DEFYANT
04-10-2005, 02:28 PM
For thoes interested, here is my MPG with the Trilogy. Before I got approx 21 MPG normal driving w/ 4:10s and a tune. Now, I got 20MPG normal driving (at least I tried to keep out of it...:D ). At a moderate pace, leaning on the boost (I really dont blast WOT that often) I got about 17 mpg. This was all highway travel.

I think if I really tied, I could drive it and see no loss in fuel economy.
:beer:

MARAUDER S/C #5
04-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Now, I got 20MPG normal driving (at least I tried to keep out of it...:D ).
There's no such thing as "normal driving" when you have a Trilogy S/C under the hood! :P :burnout:

TechHeavy
04-10-2005, 03:47 PM
There's no such thing as "normal driving" when you have a Trilogy S/C under the hood! :P :burnout:
Isn't that the truth! I try to be good but, the guy in the Mustang, then the guy in the Spyder, then the guy in the... whatever... :o :D