PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Gauges

TAF
02-22-2003, 04:17 PM
O.K. so my old, tried and somewhat true tire pressure gauge is broken. Bring on the recommendations for replacement.

No questions about how it's broken needed...but, it's NOT a kids toy...let's say.

SergntMac
02-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Good Gawd, this is so weird. Mine died too, and on the way home from work today, I stopped at AutoZone and found a neat " easy reader round dial" pressure gauge. It's black, with gold trim, and good up to 200 Lbs. It was 9 bucks, and much better than my old "pen pocket" gauge, because my old eyes couldn't read that anymore.

Sorry, I threw the bubble wrap out at the door, and tossed it into the glove box. But, I'm sure you can hunt it down, it was one of five on display, and the only one with a 2" easy-reader dial. Works fer me.

Billatpro
02-22-2003, 04:31 PM
I really like the thing I got off ebay, I posted a pic a while back. I lost the link but I think there still on ebay though

TAF
02-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Sarge that is too funny! Thanks for the tip.

Bill, thanks to you as well. I'm looking for something simple to run out and get, instead of ebay on this one, though.

Anybody use the digitals?

LincMercLover
02-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Mines some sort of digital gauge from Sears. Only problem I've had with it is with it being winter, the LCD's tend to be a little faded. Otherwise, it's a great gauge, good to 200lbs with .5lb incriments. Comes in a nifty neat chrome case too! :up:

UncleLar
02-22-2003, 05:38 PM
I've got a digital one someone gave me about 5 years ago,had it in my old Expedition,seemed to work okay,had 47,000 miles on the original tires when I traded it in and they all showed a good tread wear pattern ,rotated every 5000 miles.

nomad
02-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Got an Accutire Pro, $15 2 yrs. ago Pep Boys.
0-150 psi, in 1 lb. increments.
Push on, wait for beep, remove and read.
Bought for my motorcycle, use for everything.
Does not seem to have blow-by when you push on, so tou don't lose
3-4 lbs. pressure like some others.
Plus, I can read without my glasse on.:D

SergntMac
02-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Mines some sort of digital gauge from Sears. Only problem I've had with it is with it being winter, the LCD's tend to be a little faded.

That's why "analogue" still works, in some things.

I know, I know, analogue is hanging by the thread against the digital medium...But analogue sometimes, still works, and it works fer me.

LincMercLover
02-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, look at our analog digital odo's... Go figure...

CRUZTAKER
02-22-2003, 06:35 PM
To make up for the hassle of receiving 4 bad tires,:fire:

the Tire Rack sent me one of those fancy electronic ones in fancy case.
It's got the red lcd. I like alot. Very accurate.

I saw the same one in an American Express add, I think they wanted $19 or so. Originally I thought it was lame for all the hassle I went thru, turned out to be a nice "make up for mistake" gift.

:)

RF Overlord
02-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Got this one for a birthday gift maybe 3-4 years ago...a little pricey ($30) but I love it...

Tire Gauge (http://www.brookstone.com/shop/product.asp?product_code=21985 7&world_code=4&category_code=42&subcategory_code=516&search_type=subcategory)

I'm not usually a fan of Brookstone or Sharper Image stuff, but this one has a nice little case, and fairly good-size readout for my eyes, which are almost as old as Sarge's... :D

jgc61sr2002
02-23-2003, 08:18 AM
Bought a digital one in Sears on sale for about $10.00. Much more accurate the the older type. John :)

CRUZTAKER
02-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Got this one for a birthday gift maybe 3-4 years ago...a little pricey ($30) but I love it...

Thats the one Tire Rack sent me. Just not with a Brookstone logo.
It's really good...

engine23ccvfd
04-06-2003, 01:04 PM
I got the Brookstone one as well much easier to use than the cheapo pencil type.