PDA

View Full Version : Headers that fit?

911Racing
04-05-2005, 04:05 AM
I'm very new to the mod scene......................I'm a mustang guy who recently picked up an '03 Blk MM and am excited to start tweaking the vehicle into shape.

I'm looking to put on headers, preferably full length...........Aside from Kooks, who else makes headers for Marauders? I know MAC doesn't, recently I check with MAC and they have no idea when or if they'll be producing Maraudr headers.

Someone told me that the 3/4 length '03-'04 Cobra headers fit. How much truth is there to that statement?:help: :confused:

Bradley G
04-05-2005, 04:15 AM
As far as I have heard/read,the cobra shorties are the only other choices so far.Congradulations on your Marauder!Welcome to the board!

Bradley G

I'm very new to the mod scene......................I'm a mustang guy who recently picked up an '03 Blk MM and am excited to start tweaking the vehicle into shape.

I'm looking to put on headers, preferably full length...........Aside from Kooks, who else makes headers for Marauders? I know MAC doesn't, recently I check with MAC and they have no idea when or if they'll be producing Maraudr headers.

Someone told me that the 3/4 length '03-'04 Cobra headers fit. How much truth is there to that statement?:help: :confused:

Petrograde
04-05-2005, 04:22 AM
Click HERE (http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/)

..and welcome! :burnout:

I recommend using the 'search' function on the main page. Lots of questions will be answered there.

..and please,... don't start threads like "Which Supercharger is better?" or "What kind of oil should I use" :rofl:

...you'll see! LOL

Haggis
04-05-2005, 04:46 AM
Click HERE (http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/)

..and welcome! :burnout:

I recommend using the 'search' function on the main page. Lots of questions will be answered there.

..and please,... don't start threads like "Which Supercharger is better?" or "What kind of oil should I use" :rofl:

...you'll see! LOL

...or where to eat 'Brefas' in the morning...or if you like bagpipe music or not...or whether or not you like 'Buttermilk', PLEASE do not mention 'Buttermilk'. :banghead:

04funmerc
04-05-2005, 05:58 AM
from a new member of the NET and modding a full size (BOAT) car WELCOME, from everything I've read so far the long tube KOOKs seem to give the most for the $$. I don't know about durability.

Shaft333
04-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Buttermilk sucks.

wchain
04-05-2005, 07:28 AM
...or where to eat 'Brefas' in the morning...or if you like bagpipe music or not...or whether or not you like 'Buttermilk', PLEASE do not mention 'Buttermilk'. :banghead:

WOO WOOO!!! ITs only for decoration.....
http://www.indierock.com.br/archives/images/materias/bubb%20rubb%20-%20woo%20woo.gif

LordVader
04-05-2005, 07:30 AM
In East Texas they use Buttermilk to make cornbread and pancakes, beyond that I can't think of any other uses for the stuff. Besides that how do you know when it's bad??

Buttermilk sucks.

jgc61sr2002
04-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Welcome aboard. Congrats on the purchase . :D There are several vendors on this site that sell and install headers.

maraudernkc
04-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Welcome to mm.net and I think the Kooks are the best choice for the Marauder.

Dr Caleb
04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Aside from Kooks, who else makes headers for Marauders?

Sean Hyland also makes headers for the MM, full length. But no one that we know of has tried them, because of the price. If memory serves, Kenny Brown also used the Cobra shortie headers.

Welcome to the collective.
:welcome:

mpearce
04-05-2005, 09:07 AM
I don't think Sean Hyland makes the MM headers anymore, they used to though. I could be wrong on that. You'd have to call them to find out for sure.

-Mat

Joe Walsh
04-05-2005, 09:19 AM
I thought that the Sean Hyland headers were 'private label' Kooks...

Anyway, the Kooks are excellent headers and made out of Stainless Steel now.
They take a lot of time and effort to install and make the interior noise levels higher, but what headers don't?

Tallboy
04-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Welcome to mm.net and I think the Kooks are the best choice for the Marauder.Greg, does Tmac know you're using his picture as an avatar?:rofl:

rayjay
04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I don't know how Sean Hyland stays in business. When I owned my ZX3 he pretty much priced himself out of a huge market for that car.

BillyGman
04-05-2005, 10:49 PM
I thought that the Sean Hyland headers were 'private label' Kooks...

Yep, that's my understanding too. The Kooks are the only choice for standard headers for the Marauder that I know of (unless you want to use "shorty" headers). I have installed the Kooks on my Marauder, and I really like them. Even though they're stainless steel now, I'd strongly sugest that you have them ceramic coated anyway, because if you don't, they WILL change color.