PDA

View Full Version : more HP then expected

stevengerard
04-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Well, I picked my car up from Lidio yesterday and it is awesome. I am very pleased with the car. Heck, it is unbelievable. Now for some details, if I miss anything just ask - I may or may not have the answer - I didn't do the install or the tune.

Interesting how Lidio tells me things he notices and then tells me I probably won't - he's right, he is so familiar with these cars. To me the car drives just as nice as when it was stock.

Now for the details

DR's Vortec kit, Kook's, 4.10s and a 3500 RPM TC - for now.

I will scan in the curves hopefully this week, the torque curve was flatter than I thought it would be, and since I was willing to go with the 3500 stall the car is in the torque curve most of the time. Looks like at 3500rpm it is at 330lbs/tq and from 4000 rpm to 6800 RPM it is over 360 lbs/tq with peak 385.7.

The HP curve is like all centrifugals and kept climbing until the end - never did go down. Peak HP 476.9!!!! same as Zacks, too bad I can't launch like him!

I don't remember the pulley size 3.xx, it produces 12 psi.

I was warned the Kook's would be loud. I don't think they are too loud, I guess I'm just used to 455 CU engines. I followed Mac and his car sounded great, but from inside my car sounds like a chainsaw/snowmobile/motorcycle. But outside it sounds pretty good.
And no I have not been to the track but as long as I beat my 15.5 I'll be happy.

bigslim
04-06-2005, 08:55 PM
I think you will beat 15.5. Anyway, congrats on your install. I sholud have my blower by the end of April. Tell you what, at the Dream Cruise me and you in a friendly grudge match ;) . Enjoy your new found power.

Dennis Reinhart
04-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Steve these are absolutely outstanding numbers, 476 RWHP is 571 to the flywheel, and this is with only 12 pounds boost, you cant ask for better, ha ha of course you can. But its a whole lot of power on a stock motor. Enjoy the car as I am sure you will.

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

tmac1337
04-07-2005, 07:50 AM
DR's Vortec kit, Kook's, 4.10s and a 3500 RPM TC - for now.

Looks like at 3500rpm it is at 330lbs/tq and from 4000 rpm to 6800 RPM it is over 360 lbs/tq with peak 385.7.

The HP curve is like all centrifugals and kept climbing until the end - never did go down. Peak HP 476.9!!!!

I don't remember the pulley size 3.xx, it produces 12 psi.

I was warned the Kook's would be loud. I don't think they are too loud, I guess I'm just used to 455 CU engines. I followed Mac and his car sounded great, but from inside my car sounds like a chainsaw/snowmobile/motorcycle. But outside it sounds pretty good.
And no I have not been to the track but as long as I beat my 15.5 I'll be happy.

Congratulations on acquiring a great tune for your car!

Sounds like you are using a 3.60 pulley. Were these numbers achieved on the dyno limited at 6000 RPM or 6400 RPM?

I am surprised that your peak TQ numbers are not up over the 400's as well with 12 PSI, but this seems consistent with other Reinhart dyno numbers that have been posted.

What mufflers are you running with the Kooks headers?

Congratulations again! A good tune is everything.

DEFYANT
04-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Awsome ride man!!!

Marauderman
04-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Steve these are absolutely outstanding numbers, 476 RWHP is 571 to the flywheel, and this is with only 12 pounds boost, you cant ask for better, ha ha of course you can. But its a whole lot of power on a stock motor. Enjoy the car as I am sure you will.

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif
If the cost of gas would go down-- I would love to come down for some attention --am looking for similiar numbers with some minor changes myself......we hope to come down this year...will see--sorry --didn't mean to HI-jack your wonder news story--congrats on the big numbers!.

stevengerard
04-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I think you will beat 15.5. Anyway, congrats on your install. I sholud have my blower by the end of April. Tell you what, at the Dream Cruise me and you in a friendly grudge match ;) . Enjoy your new found power.

First one to get a ticket wins!

stevengerard
04-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Congratulations on acquiring a great tune for your car!

Sounds like you are using a 3.60 pulley. Were these numbers achieved on the dyno limited at 6000 RPM or 6400 RPM?

Don't know what the limit was, at least 6400 I'd say.

I am surprised that your peak TQ numbers are not up over the 400's as well with 12 PSI, but this seems consistent with other Reinhart dyno numbers that have been posted.

I think part of the problem was that Lidio said I had some bad gas so he had to back it off, though I don't know if that would affect one, the other or both hp and torque

What mufflers are you running with the Kooks headers?

the magnaflows

Congratulations again! A good tune is everything.

Thanks, it was a lot of fun today ripping around chi town

tmac1337
04-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Did Lidio adjust your shift points or play with the TQ converter lockup?

stevengerard
04-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Did Lidio adjust your shift points or play with the TQ converter lockup?

yes and he did some physical work to the trans. Not sure what he did. He said he noticed when the TQ locks up it is a little harder than normal but like I said I really can't tell.

Lidio installed the Kook's, the Focus SVT fuel pump I didn't get around to doing, the TQ converter and the drive shaft loop. Then he dyno tuned it. With 12 psi of boost I'd say I have more in the engine, I'd like to find more torque but really this car is so cool I need not change a thing

tmac1337
04-07-2005, 10:41 PM
yes and he did some physical work to the trans. Not sure what he did. He said he noticed when the TQ locks up it is a little harder than normal but like I said I really can't tell.

Lidio installed the Kook's, the Focus SVT fuel pump I didn't get around to doing, the TQ converter and the drive shaft loop. Then he dyno tuned it. With 12 psi of boost I'd say I have more in the engine, I'd like to find more torque but really this car is so cool I need not change a thing

I'm sure you have plenty of low end TQ with the numbers you have. With the converter you put in your car should be melting tires. I think the TQ may have something to do with the different impellers provided in the Vortech vs. the Procharger Blowers. Besides the impellers the only other difference might be the air to water vs. air to air :dunno:

Anyway, with a competent tune from Lidio and the numbers you have, coupled with your (good performance) mods you should have one of the fastest cars around.

Enjoy!

sailsmen
04-08-2005, 02:55 AM
Great numbers! :banana2:

Let us know how she drives.

Bradley G
04-08-2005, 03:53 AM
And another member goes on my list;"guys not to race.":D
Have fun Steven!
Bradley G