PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Dallas MM's

looking97233
04-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Well this trip of mine has been one change after another. I am now in the Dallas area. I should be here for 2 weeks or more. Would love to get toghter and meet some of y'all. also, I need recomendations on where to get a front end allignment and some new tires. The right side is fine but on the left front the inner edge of the tire is bald. Must have hit a big pothole or something? between Portland and here.

Rod.

Petrograde
04-07-2005, 02:50 PM
anything going on in Big D this weekend?

I'll be up there Saturday, my brother-in-law just got back from Iraq, so,.. I might not be able to break away from the festivities.

Racerx88
04-07-2005, 03:09 PM
................I need recomendations on where to get a front end allignment and some new tires. The right side is fine but on the left front the inner edge of the tire is bald. Must have hit a big pothole or something? between Portland and here.Rod.
Call Jared Martin in the John Eagle L/M sevice dept. He can help you. Make sure you tell him the North Texas Marauders sent you. His number is 214-357-0700.

looking97233
04-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Call Jared Martin in the John Eagle L/M sevice dept. He can help you. Make sure you tell him the North Texas Marauders sent you. His number is 214-357-0700.

Do the have specs. and will the allign the car right?
When I had it alligned to factory specs before it ate both the inside edges of the front tires.

Thanks.
Rod.

Racerx88
04-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Do the have specs. and will the allign the car right?
When I had it alligned to factory specs before it ate both the inside edges of the front tires.Thanks. Rod.
These guys work on almost all the North Texas Marauders, so they'll do you good. Give Jared a call and discuss it with him. Our cars are set up with a good deal of negative camber from the factory to enhance the handling, so if you use the factory specs, you're almost always going to wear out the tires like that. Some just last longer than others. My '03 needed new fronts at 18k miles, and the tires were never rotated. On my '04, I've been rotating them side to side every 5k miles or so, and I hit 24k miles just yesterday. The tires are just now starting to show wear on the insides of the fronts.

Petrograde
04-08-2005, 02:46 PM
I hit 24k miles just yesterday.

wow Dean,.. creepy,.. I rolled over 24K yesterday too. :bandit:

Hey Looking,.. I moved 2 1/2 hours south of Dallas and will still go John Eagle L/M for anything major. ;)

DallasCV
04-08-2005, 03:24 PM
If you like old Mopars there is a Cowtown Mopar Car show in Lewisville TX at the Huffines Dodge Dealership on Saturday April 9th. That's at 35 and 121.
Lots of Hemis and 440 sixpack cars..I know it's not Marauder but it's pretty cooool.

looking97233
04-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Went to John Eagle, got it all fixed up. Thanks for the recomendation.
Rod.

TX Harley Guy
04-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi Rod.
If your still here on the 18th you and any other MM owners are welcome to join Texas Harley Trucks at our monthly GTG, Id like to see a few Marauders in the mix.
Bone Daddys
I-75 & Spring Valley
6-7pm, we usually go in about 7:30
You guys come by if you can.
Im glad to hear my coworkers at Eagle LM took good care of you.