PDA

View Full Version : Roadforce balancing question?

rayjay
04-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Looks like winter may actually be gone here. I want to put the factory wheels/tires back on. The frontend has never felt 100% solid. It feels like a unbalanced wheel. Can I roadforce balance just the front wheels?

SergntMac
04-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Looks like winter may actually be gone here. I want to put the factory wheels/tires back on. The frontend has never felt 100% solid. It feels like a unbalanced wheel. Can I roadforce balance just the front wheels?Yes...............

rayjay
04-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Yes...............Thanks Sarge. Not really knowing anything about roadforce balancing, do you know if the OEM BF Goodrich tires balance differently when warm vs cold? The Kumho ECSTA Supras I had on my last car had to be warmed up 1st or they would not balance properly. They also had to be rebalanced after being stored for the winter. PITA....

Thomas C Potter
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
The BFG's being all season will likely not need to be warm, especially not having been on the car and therfore no flat spots. An ideal road force should yield 4-6 lbs, with 8-10 being satisfactory, and 12 or higher being poor. Ask for a print out, or at least a written note. Road force is the best way to go!

TP

rayjay
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I take the front wheels/tires to the only tiredealer in the county with a roadforce balancer. About 20 minutes later they are done. Shop manager tells me they did not need roadforce balancing as the numbers weren't high enough. Greek to me so I ask if the balance was off. It was on both tires, bring them back if I'm not happy. Put all four on, adjusted the air pressure and headed for my favorite road test highway. Triple digits and not wobble, shimmy, anything :D Now, why couldn't the dealership get this right with two trys last year ??? It was well worth the $15 to have it done right.