PDA

View Full Version : Quaker Steak Cruise-in

dok
04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Quaker Steak & Lube is having a cruise in on Sunday, April 17. It starts at 11:30 a.m. and has no set ending time. It is open to anyone who wishes to participate and is non-structured. They will have judging of vehicles and prizes will be given.

There weren't enough regular attendees (Marauderman & DOK) Saturday to set up any plans for this event, so if you are interested in coming, post up and we'll try to formalize something.

Not sure yet whether we'll be able to make it or not.

fastblackmerc
04-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Quaker Steak & Lube is having a cruise in on Sunday, April 17. It starts at 11:30 a.m. and has no set ending time. It is open to anyone who wishes to participate and is non-structured. They will have judging of vehicles and prizes will be given.

There weren't enough regular attendees (Marauderman & DOK) Saturday to set up any plans for this event, so if you are interested in coming, post up and we'll try to formalize something.

I'm going to try to be there. :beer:

Donny Carlson
04-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Quaker Steak & Lube
Wow, can you get a T bone and your oil changed at the same time?

dok
04-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Wow, can you get a T bone and your oil changed at the same time?
They even have car racks (with cars on them) in the dining room. They serve a nice beer - 108 ounces worth. Those are very popular.

Voted best wings in the US. Fun place.

Donny Carlson
04-10-2005, 09:05 PM
They even have car racks (with cars on them) in the dining room. They serve a nice beer - 108 ounces worth. Those are very popular.

Voted best wings in the US. Fun place.
I'll be damned.

http://www.lubewings.com/

Marauderman
04-11-2005, 07:46 AM

......Unfortunately, someting broke on #7 on the way home after our meet Saturday---don't know yet just what the problem is.....so I want be making this event ....

Don--after you left, Jim came out and asked about us coming on the 17th---since your closer could you call him/ stop by with #'s of those posting up as to how many hope to come ...he said that would be helpful.....thanks...

Agent M79
04-11-2005, 08:52 AM
......Unfortunately, someting broke on #7 on the way home after our meet Saturday.
That sounds ominous. Are we talking drive-train broke?

dok
04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
......Unfortunately, someting broke on #7 on the way home after our meet Saturday---don't know yet just what the problem is.....so I want be making this event ....

Don--after you left, Jim came out and asked about us coming on the 17th---since your closer could you call him/ stop by with #'s of those posting up as to how many hope to come ...he said that would be helpful.....thanks...
Will do. Hope your problem is minor

Butch
04-11-2005, 05:17 PM
If the weather is good, I am planning on being there....

Marauderman - Let me know if there is anything you need from me.....

fastblackmerc
04-11-2005, 05:47 PM

marauderman, let me know if you need help with whatever broke.....

Marauderman
04-12-2005, 04:43 AM
marauderman, let me know if you need help with whatever broke.....
Thanks Jim...my son-in-law whose very motor knowledgeable is helping me check things--it is not looking good....will call/pm you my findings --hopefully should know more Wed. nite---

dok
04-14-2005, 05:04 PM
I need to tell Quaker Steak how many spots to reserve for us. So far, I have Fastblackmerc and Butch. Anyone else??? Agent, Frdwrnch, SC Cheesehead, anyone else????

fastblackmerc
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I need to tell Quaker Steak how many spots to reserve for us. So far, I have Fastblackmerc and Butch. Anyone else??? Agent, Frdwrnch, SC Cheesehead, anyone else????
Unfortunately I have to bow out. Need to be in Boston Sunday afternoon... work-related s**t.

Agent M79
04-14-2005, 06:17 PM
I can't be there. One day I will retire and do whatever I want. No deadlines, no over time. I'll let you know how that works out... in 25 years.

Butch
04-14-2005, 07:04 PM
What is the latest on Marauderman and his car????

Dok - If we are going to only have a couple of cars there, I may just wait on coming down. If we can get at least 2 other confirmed MMs there (Total of at least 3 including me), I will come, otherwise, I will save the gas from the trip, and put it in the boat. (Which gets an average of 7-9 MPG!) Let me know what you find out. I would love to come down there, but want a decent showing from the MM group if we do it.

Marauderman
04-15-2005, 04:10 AM
What is the latest on Marauderman and his car????

Dok - If we are going to only have a couple of cars there, I may just wait on coming down. If we can get at least 2 other confirmed MMs there (Total of at least 3 including me), I will come, otherwise, I will save the gas from the trip, and put it in the boat. (Which gets an average of 7-9 MPG!) Let me know what you find out. I would love to come down there, but want a decent showing from the MM group if we do it.
Sorry but won't be making this event--am still investagating my ruff idle and stuff ---rather complete my investigation --takes a while----

Butch--PM Sent-

Hope more can show up----Tom

SC Cheesehead
04-15-2005, 10:48 AM
dok,

Things aren't looking too good for this weekend; lots of "honey-do's", not enough time. Sorry!:depress:

SCCH

dok
04-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Turns out that I can't make it either, so I won't have Quaker Steak hold any spots for us.

I had talked to the manager there shortly after they opened and they were hoping that once they got established, they would have many cruise-ins. He hoped to eventually have 1 night a week designated as cruise night. Maybe we can hit one later on this year.

Butch
04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Well....I guess that means I will be on the lake this weekend!!!

Gotta try out the ski tow bar! Lake water is 72 today. Nice to have a power plant on the lake to keep things warmer!

See you guys later...