PDA

View Full Version : Level II Trans. PI Stallion Install....

gonzo50
04-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Just had the Level II Trans. upgrade, (Art Carr Rebuilt) and the PI Stallion Torque Convertor installed yesterday at Dennis shop, all I can say is "WOW" !!! :eek: The difference is like day & night, there was one stubborn bolt that just would not come out of the trans/engine housing, eventually with some persuation it was cut out.

Got a custom Dyno tune from Dennis himself using the Xcalibrator, took a few pulls for Dennis to dial in a respectable 261 rwhp/273 rwtq.

Dennis road tested the Marauder with me riding shotgun, shift points had to be adjusted accordingly, coming back from the road test at a stop light from a stand still, the light turns green and Dennis hammers it and smokes the tires, :burnout: on the 1-2 shift, the tires bark and bite firm at around 6000 rpm's, in no time we're at the century mark, the 2-3 shift also bites hard, Dennis looks over at me, I have this grin on my face from ear to ear,:D I tell him "the Marauder never did that before".

I still have this grin on my face. Like I said before, "WOW" !!!

I spent some time there with Dennis while he Dyno Tuned his own Mustang GT, I believe those numbers were real close to 500 rwhp, I could never understand all those parameters Dennis was accessing in the Data Logger, but it was interesting to see and know how he gets those numbers on the Dyno. Thanks Dennis. :rock: :bows:

KVR's 14" Brakes Kit are next on my shopping list.

stevengerard
04-10-2005, 10:05 PM
congrats! nothing like the chirp of a tire to bring a smile to someone's face!

gonzo50
04-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Just posting on my satisfaction with the MODS, and to give Dennis big K U D O S :bows: for his personal time and relentless effort on ensuring that my Marauder was to his satisfaction and mine.

A brief synopsis;

I noticed that my Marauder was not locking up the torque converter in O/D and that it was reving alittle higher in gears than normal. :confused:
My O/D off indicator lamp was flashing and I could not engage or disengage it with the button on the shifter.

Called Dennis and explained the symptoms to him, I told him that I could only come down to his shop on Monday 4-18-05, he said "thats OK, bring it then".
Spent most of the day at Reinhart Automotive and lunch was on Dennis, he insisted. :D

I had to work that night, so instead of rushing things along on my Marauder, Dennis gave me the keys to his personal rare Blue Marauder and again insisted I take it home with me, so he can have time to ensure my Marauder was at 110%. Not to many people will do that. :woohoo:

To ensure that the PI Stallion Torque Conv. was good, Dennis put another new one in just for good measure. Both Converters were good, by the way.
The cause of the problem was a bad TCC solenoid, after a road test and a re-tune of the program, the Marauder is better than new, shifts perfect and with authority, the 1-2 shift at WOT always barks the tires, always.

I had Dennis Blue Marauder for 3 1/2 days, he would have gotten it back sooner but I was getting a brand new A/C unit installed in my house and that took up a whole day, also I was enjoying the way his Marauder's exhaust tone sounded, nice. :burnout:

Thanks Dennis for your time and understanding, a true Gentleman and friend ! :beer: :)

CRUZTAKER
04-24-2005, 08:12 PM
FREEKIN' CRAZY EH?

This combo was as much fun as the KOOKS install.

Prepare to wear out tires two fold...:baaa: