PDA

View Full Version : Southern Super Heavy Shootout 5

LeadSSled
04-12-2005, 12:16 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to let the Marauder folks know that the Georgia Area Super Sport Impala Team (GASSIT) has decided to put on the Super Heavy Shootout one more time. The tentative date is November 5, 2005 at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA. This will most probably be the last one of these hosted by GASSIT, so mark your calendars.

Over the last 2 years, there has been an increasing presence by the Marauder folks at the shootouts. We'd love to see this trend increase for 2005. The welcome mats will be down for you again, so come experience some good ole southern hospitality and great drag racing. I will update this thread with new information as it becomes available.

Terry

LeadSSled
04-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Here is a photo from last year:

LeadSSled
04-12-2005, 12:27 PM
And another:

Smokie
04-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the invite, I missed #4, but had a great time at #3. Look forward to being there.:D

FordNut
04-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to let the Marauder folks know that the Georgia Area Super Sport Impala Team (GASSIT) has decided to put on the Super Heavy Shootout one more time. The tentative date is November 5, 2005 at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA. This will most probably be the last one of these hosted by GASSIT, so mark your calendars.

Over the last 2 years, there has been an increasing presence by the Marauder folks at the shootouts. We'd love to see this trend increase for 2005. The welcome mats will be down for you again, so come experience some good ole southern hospitality and great drag racing. I will update this thread with new information as it becomes available.

Terry
Terry,
Does GASSIT have a website ? It would be nice if we could contact some of the SSHS# organizers to maybe make some offers of help, either in time or money, and maybe even a partnership to keep the event going well past SSHS5. I'm sure some of us Southern Marauders could help out in some way.

shakes_26
04-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh its on!

Hack Goby
04-12-2005, 04:31 PM
I hope I can bring more people from the Motor City Crew but I will be there. :burnout:

LeadSSled
04-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Does GASSIT have a website ? It would be nice if we could contact some of the SSHS# organizers to maybe make some offers of help, either in time or money, and maybe even a partnership to keep the event going well past SSHS5. I'm sure some of us Southern Marauders could help out in some way.

Yes they do have a website: GASSIT website (http://www.gassit.findhere.org/) (That's my car at Lanier :D )

However, the GASSIT members' primary form of communication is via their GASSIT Yahoo group, which can be found here:
GASSIT Yahoo site (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/GASSIT/)

I will post your generous offer on the Yahoo site and link this thread. I'm sure they will be grateful of your offer to help. I'm an out-of-state member of GASSIT at 200 miles away. They are a great bunch of car nuts and it's worth the drive.

It's gratifying to see the early excitement here about SSHS5. If you've been to one or more of the previous 4 events, you know how great a time will be had. If you haven't been, you don't know what you've been missing.

MarauderTJA
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the invite, I missed #4, but had a great time at #3. Look forward to being there.:D
We should see about getting a gang of us together and go up to Georgia. Maybe promote it to our group in Florida as well as other southeastern Marauders. Get a group rate at a local hotel etc. Would be fun.. TOM

LeadSSled
04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
We should see about getting a gang of us together and go up to Georgia. Maybe promote it to our group in Florida as well as other southeastern Marauders. Get a group rate at a local hotel etc. Would be fun.. TOM

I know for sure that there will be a group of Floridian Impalas making the trip north for SSHS5. If you could all hook up, wouldn't that be an impressive convoy? Here comes the FBI! :burnout:

bigslim
04-12-2005, 10:49 PM
I hope I can bring more people from the Motor City Crew but I will be there. :burnout:
Maybe I will go with you Paul. Just think, two silver MM's heading south. I forgot, maybe three. I am sure FIVE-O will want to go too.

prchrman
04-13-2005, 03:38 AM
I've been to the last 2 and really appreciated the way the SS guys welcomed the MM guys...the big boys against the world...MMs did good in the brackets...especially for the number that was there...but so far the SSs rule big dog...10 second cars...some Lincs have ran real good (9 seconds) in the past but blow before getting through the field...looking forward to it again this year...OBTW if wife or girlfriend coming they have plenty to do, like my wife goes shopping for christmas at the huge outlet center that is within a mile of the track...willie...be good to see you again Smokie!

LeadSSled
04-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Just think, two silver MM's heading south. I forgot, maybe three. I am sure FIVE-O will want to go too.

A blown silver Marauder won his bracket last year. I believe that his name was Mark Hlady, or something similar to that. I think he won the "long distance" award too. What a beautiful machine!

I've been to the last 2 and really appreciated the way the SS guys welcomed the MM guys...the big boys against the world...

It really is the "big boys against the world", isn't it? :D The SS and MM folks are truly birds of a feather. We feel that Mauraders are our "partners in crime" They showed up in pretty good force last year. A great group of guys (and gals) looking for what we look for... big fat honkin fast cars, and good fun. I'd love to see more make the show this year - the more the merrier.

And BTW - we're also trying to drum up some interest with the 300C/Magnum folks. Anybody hungry for some hemis? :2thumbs:

Hack Goby
04-13-2005, 09:18 AM
And BTW - we're also trying to drum up some interest with the 300C/Magnum folks. Anybody hungry for some hemis? :2thumbs:
We also have been in contact with the 300C people.We will see.

LeadSSled
04-13-2005, 09:41 AM
We also have been in contact with the 300C people.We will see.

Have you found a forum such as this one for the Daimler/Chrysler hemi crowd? I'm still looking for one.

caSSino
04-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Have you found a forum such as this one for the Daimler/Chrysler hemi crowd? I'm still looking for one.http://www.srtforums.com/forums/index.php

Try that.

P.S. Im in:D

caSSino
04-13-2005, 09:59 AM
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59177#post591 77

post on 300C forum.

Smokie
04-13-2005, 10:54 AM
I've been to the last 2 and really appreciated the way the SS guys welcomed the MM guys...the big boys against the world...MMs did good in the brackets...especially for the number that was there...but so far the SSs rule big dog...10 second cars...some Lincs have ran real good (9 seconds) in the past but blow before getting through the field...looking forward to it again this year...OBTW if wife or girlfriend coming they have plenty to do, like my wife goes shopping for christmas at the huge outlet center that is within a mile of the track...willie...be good to see you again Smokie!Willie it would be great to see you and the Mrs. again, look forward to it....:D

MarauderTJA
04-13-2005, 05:53 PM
I am going over to Davie, Florida on Friday night and I believe the last time I was at their cruise night (BTW is huge) the Impala SS guys were there. I'll check with them on the Nov Georgia event and see how many of them are heading up. Hopefully we can arrange a MM & SS caravan. Would be seriously a cool ride..

LeadSSled
04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I am going over to Davie, Florida on Friday night and I believe the last time I was at their cruise night (BTW is huge) the Impala SS guys were there. I'll check with them on the Nov Georgia event and see how many of them are heading up. Hopefully we can arrange a MM & SS caravan. Would be seriously a cool ride..

If you have trouble hooking up, let me know. I can put you in contact with the FL Impala guys - no problem. That would be one cool caravan.

If you see this car, talk to the driver. Kenny will definitely be there for SSHS5

bigslim
04-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Have you found a forum such as this one for the Daimler/Chrysler hemi crowd? I'm still looking for one.
I have been all over the 300C forum and we are working on getting a race day with them and the Impallas'. http://www.300cforums.com/

LeadSSled
04-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I have been all over the 300C forum and we are working on getting a race day with them and the Impallas'. http://www.300cforums.com/

Here is a thread that has been started there for SSHS5:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59189

Glenn
04-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Took one 300 out at SSHS4 look forward to meeting some more. It would be very interesting to see the 300Cs run against the MM and Impalas at SSHS5.

Glenn

caSSino
04-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Took one 300C out at SSHS4 look forward to meeting some more. It would be very interesting to see the 300Cs run against the MM and Impalas at SSHS5.

Glenn
That was only a 300 it was a car rented by a Impala owner from Cali. But Yeah the more the merrier.

MarauderTJA
04-14-2005, 05:16 AM
If you have trouble hooking up, let me know. I can put you in contact with the FL Impala guys - no problem. That would be one cool caravan.

If you see this car, talk to the driver. Kenny will definitely be there for SSHS5
I'll try and locate him if he shows up. If you could, e-mail him and let him know I'll be looking for him. The MM gang usually parks on the east side of the parking lot. Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

FiveO
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I'll be there to defend my title :)

Trailering my Marauder of course!

Mark Hlady
Faribault, Minnesota
AKA: FiveO

atlss96
04-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey All,

Good to see the word is out ( Thanks LeadSSled and CaSSino ) We look forward to having ya'll back this year, and hope we can keep the show going in the right direction.... FUN ;)

Mark, it will be especially nice to have you travelling back down to defend your title. You might want to log in on the Impala forums and see if anyone is heading down from the frozen tundra that you can caravan with. That goes for all the people comming !!! I am sure everyone would love to hook up in as large a convoy as they can, the trip is MUCH quicker (hint, if someone is traveling in a White 9C1, or Vic with a spotlight, put them in front... traffic becomes almost non-existant LOL )

I am sure our guys will let you know when the site and registration are up and running, I just wanted to chime in and say "thanks" for the support for the event :)

Let's go raci'n, SSee ya, Scott

shakes_26
04-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I met with the President of the SoFASST club tonite, they are very much interested in going up for SHSS5. And were open to having a big convoy going up that way. They have been there every one of the previous events. They usually pick up their west coast/central crew around Wildwood (where the TPK joins 75) and head north.

I'll be in touch with them again as the time goes by.

Brian, you hear that? You get to lead the parade! :) quote "(hint, if someone is traveling in a White 9C1, or Vic with a spotlight, put them in front... traffic becomes almost non-existant LOL )"quote

MarauderTJA
04-17-2005, 07:57 AM
I met with the President of the SoFASST club tonite, they are very much interested in going up for SHSS5. And were open to having a big convoy going up that way. They have been there every one of the previous events. They usually pick up their west coast/central crew around Wildwood (where the TPK joins 75) and head north.

I'll be in touch with them again as the time goes by.

Brian, you hear that? You get to lead the parade! :) quote "(hint, if someone is traveling in a White 9C1, or Vic with a spotlight, put them in front... traffic becomes almost non-existant LOL )"quote
We need to get started on a list for those us here in Florida want to go. Plenty of lead time for planning...Good seeing you guys this past Friday night at the Towers Shop.

caSSino
04-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Website is up registration is open http://www.sshs5.com/index.html

Glenn
04-30-2005, 03:49 PM
CaSSino:

Hey! How about putting on the SSHS5 website the Class B & C runners as well as the Big Dogs and Hobo classes. My 14.00 should appear somewhere in the quarter finals. Also, how about specifically inviting the 300C Hemis and new Chargers on the website home page as well as the MM (thanks) to the SSHS5.

Glenn

LeadSSled
08-21-2005, 04:41 PM
OK gang - I'm firing up this old thread. We're a little more than 2 months away from the Southern Super Heavy Shootout #5. The hosts (GASSIT) are getting a little nervous because of the lack of folks that have pre-registered. They have already made one 4-digit payment to Atlanta Dragway and another $2500 payment is due in the middle of September. Unfortunately, there have not yet been enough paid pre-registered to cover this bill.

So far there are only 3 Marauders signed up for the event :confused: I sure hope that more of you decide to make the trip to this excellent event. There are also five Lincoln Mark VIIs, a Crown Vic, and even a Colony Park station wagon registered, so you will have plenty of FoMoCo bretheren there.

I'd like to appeal to those of you that defintely plan to go to this event to PLEASE go ahead and pre-register. It will certainly help to handle the financial burden on the front end. If you are still on the fence, that's OK too, but you will not regret attending this event. Thanks for you help and I hope to see you there!

Register for SSHS5 here! (http://www.sshs5.com/)

MarauderTJA
08-22-2005, 06:08 AM
OK gang - I'm firing up this old thread. We're a little more than 2 months away from the Southern Super Heavy Shootout #5. The hosts (GASSIT) are getting a little nervous because of the lack of folks that have pre-registered. They have already made one 4-digit payment to Atlanta Dragway and another $2500 payment is due in the middle of September. Unfortunately, there have not yet been enough paid pre-registered to cover this bill.

So far there are only 3 Marauders signed up for the event :confused: I sure hope that more of you decide to make the trip to this excellent event. There are also five Lincoln Mark VIIs, a Crown Vic, and even a Colony Park station wagon registered, so you will have plenty of FoMoCo bretheren there.

I'd like to appeal to those of you that defintely plan to go to this even to PLEASE go ahead and pre-register. It will certainly help to handle the financial burden on the front end. If you are still on the fence, that's OK too, but you will not regret attending this event. Thanks for you help and I hope to see you there!

Register for SSHS5 here! (http://www.sshs5.com/)
I am registered (have two rooms reserved) and I know of it least 6-8 or more Marauders that are going here from Florida. I am pushing it here and I hope some of the other guys in the south (GA, AL, LA) will be going as well. I think now that MV III is over and after the upcoming September Marauder fest at Gainesville, more cars will be registering. I'll put a post up on the Sunshine State Marauders forum and start pushing it as well here. I hope everything works out. I also mentioned all of us MM's & Impala SS guys can meet up Friday morning in Wildwood off I-75 for a caravan up to Commerce.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

LeadSSled
08-22-2005, 06:28 AM
I am registered (have two rooms reserved) and I know of it least 6-8 or more Marauders that are going here from Florida. I'll put a post up on the Sunshine State Marauders forum and start pushing it as well here. I hope everything works out.

Tom - Thanks for your help as an ambassador for this event! I'm glad to hear that you have a parade of Marauders coming. Hopefully we can convince some more to pre-register to help offset the front-end expenses. I'm looking forward to seeing you folks there.

BTW - we anticipate at least two, maybe three 9-second cars there this year. The 9-second Mark VII is a lightweight that has to add a few hundred pounds of ballast to meet the 3800-lb. minimum, but he ran a 9-second pass last year before breaking. The "big dog champion" last year, a 4500 lb. full interior Impala SS street car should break into the 9's this year too. I saw him run 10.90s last month "all motor" in 90-degree heat. With better air and his 2-stage N20 setup, he should be in the 9's in November for sure, as long as everything holds together.

We also expect a twin-turbo Impala SS owned by Keith Mease at Mease Performance Engineering in NJ to attend.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74 05&stc=1

Nobody has seen this car run yet, but Keith swears that it will be in the 9s. Of course, her registered last year and was a "no show", so we'll just have to see what happens.

What are your predictions for the quickest Marauder? I saw a few really nice ones last year.

Rider90
08-22-2005, 06:35 AM
I've heard a lot about Mease's TT Impala *drool* He is building a 383 Stroker Turbo for an Impala over here, my brother hopes to make SSHS 5 but it might be too close.

MarauderTJA
08-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Tom - Thanks for your help as an ambassador for this event! I'm glad to hear that you have a parade of Marauders coming. Hopefully we can convince some more to pre-register to help offset the front-end expenses. I'm looking forward to seeing you folks there.

BTW - we anticipate at least two, maybe three 9-second cars there this year. The 9-second Mark VII is a lightweight that has to add a few hundred pounds of ballast to meet the 3800-lb. minimum, but he ran a 9-second pass last year before breaking. The "big dog champion" last year, a 4500 lb. full interior Impala SS street car should break into the 9's this year too. I saw him run 10.90s last month "all motor" in 90-degree heat. With better air and his 2-stage N20 setup, he should be in the 9's in November for sure, as long as everything holds together.

We also expect a twin-turbo Impala SS owned by Keith Mease at Mease Performance Engineering in NJ to attend.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73 81&stc=1

Nobody has seen this car run yet, but Keith swears that it will be in the 9s. Of course, her registered last year and was a "no show", so we'll just have to see what happens.

What are your predictions for the quickest Marauder? I saw a few really nice ones last year.I will do everything I possibly can to get as much participation as I can for the event. Don't really know what the quickest Marauder will be. Depending on the temp, if it is cool (70's), I am hoping to get into the low 12's and maybe bump the 11's. But there may be quicker Marauders coming. We'll see. Can't wait to see the MK VII and the twin turbo Impala run 9's. That will be really impressive.

LeadSSled
08-22-2005, 07:07 AM
I've heard a lot about Mease's TT Impala *drool* He is building a 383 Stroker Turbo for an Impala over here, my brother hopes to make SSHS 5 but it might be too close.

Yes, Keith has already built at least two twin turbo Impala SS street cars. One resides in Moultrie, GA with Gene Zebley and the other in NJ. The NJ one ran a 10.96 @ 134 mph two weeks ago in hot, humid NJ air. This was with a 2.0 60-foot time! Kai Zimmerman's car could not build any boost at the line because it kept pushing the car through the lights. But the "Turbozilla" shown in the photo (Keith's name, not mine :) ) is reported to be quite a bit more radical and will use a Turbo 400 tranny with a transbrake to leave on the boost. :D

I hope to see your brother there.

MarauderTJA - I know that it is difficult to get some people to pre-register. The tact I've been taking is to say: "If you know you are going, why not ante up now? It may make the difference between the event happening and it not happening at all. Heck, it's only $65 - not that big of a sacrifice."

I also realize that no matter what you say, some just won't let go of their money until the last minute and some jsut don't know if they will be going yet. But every one that we can get to pre-register gets us closer to pulling this event off. We always have good attendance at the gate, but it is really tough to get our hands on the seed money to kick things off.

martyo
08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
I also realize that no matter what you say, some just won't let go of their money until the last minute and some just don't know if they will be going yet. But every one that we can get to pre-register gets us closer to pulling this event off. We always have good attendance at the gate, but it is really tough to get our hands on the seed money to kick things off.

I just registered. I have been planning on having my car there and we are cooking up a few changes. The only constant thing is the changes. :D

Please arrange for some cool, dry weather for me.

How short is this event on cash? I would consider giving a partial sponsorship. Send me a PM if you are more comfortable.

martyo
08-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Terry: have you thought about posting up on the Street Car Forums website?

LeadSSled
08-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I just registered. I have been planning on having my car there and we are cooking up a few changes. The only constant thing is the changes. :D
Thanks for taking the plunge. You won't regret it - this is a top notch event. I'm looking forward to seeing your machine go down the track.

Please arrange for some cool, dry weather for me.
Well, we're working on that but cool, dry air costs money. The more people that register gives us a better chance of buying the good air. ;)

How short is this event on cash? I would consider giving a partial sponsorship. Send me a PM if you are more comfortable.
The situation is not desperate. This is GASSIT's 4th year putting on this event and we run into this problem every year. When the event is over, we are always in good shape because it is well attended. But it is always a struggle to get people to pre-register so that we have some working capital. It is very expensive to rent an NHRA facility to have all to yourself, and they require a significant financial commitment from us to hold the date on the calendar. If I can manage to get to get another 25-30 folks to pre-resister, we'll be in pretty good shape.

We are actively soliciting corporate sponsors. However we want sponsors that can benefit from the sponsorship - companies that offer products for our cars or vendors local to the track that we can patronize. We've tried not to solicit personal "sponsorships" that are merely donations. If that is what you are offerring, I certainly appreciate your generosity, but we don't want to do that. If you have a company that would benefit from a corporate sponsorship, we are interested. I can put you in touch with the individual within GASSIT handling that actvity - Jim Bishop.

ThanKs again!
Terry

LeadSSled
08-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Terry: have you thought about posting up on the Street Car Forums website?

To be honest, no I haven't. We want to make sure that this event is attended by the true "heavyweights" on the road - RWD V8s at 3800 lbs. minimum without the driver. We do have a few cars that need to add weight, like the gutted Mark VII and Caprice, and the new GTOs. But they are pretty close. We do not want a bunch of Mustangs and F-bodies full of sandbags to show up at this event.

So, we have been very specific about where we promote the event. I am only familiar with the Knoxville, TN section of that forum, and I can assure you that the majority of the clientele there is not our demographic market. I can tell you that the car owners that post in that section and meet the criteria is a total of one - me. It may be different in other sections, but I've been concentrating with the Marauder folks and the Hemi Chrysler folks. For the record, the Marauder contingent has been much more responsive. :bows:

martyo
08-22-2005, 11:23 AM
To be honest, no I haven't. We want to make sure that this event is attended by the true "heavyweights" on the road - RWD V8s at 3800 lbs. minimum without the driver.

I was just thinking about some of teh F250 guys who have soem pretty quick trucks. One of 'em came with em last year and spanked a GTO. That's PRICELESS!

I can't see as the sponsorship will help me out. I was just trying to help out my overweight bretheren! :D

Jerry Barnes
08-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Paul and myself are planning on attending. Maybe even Slim and others.

Thanks

Jerry

LeadSSled
08-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Paul and myself are planning on attending. Maybe even Slim and others.

Jerry - That's great news. The more the merrier. But I didn't see a "Paul", "Jerry" or "Slim" with a Marauder on the registered participants list... :poke:

Sorry - my official job for this event is to nag everyone. Every entrant makes a difference.

SSee you there!

martyo
08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Here: This will make it fun:

I am officially calling out Jerry at SSHS5. I may or may not be behind the wheel. We'll see. Jerry can designate a driver too. Us old guys need the kids with better nerves and reaction times.

Here is the bet. I will and Jerry gets a case of Diet Mountain Dew. Jerry, what are your stakes?

P.S. By then I expect to have my Trilogy jacket.

prchrman
08-22-2005, 12:20 PM

I am officially calling out Jerry at SSHS5. I may or may not be behind the wheel. We'll see. Jerry can designate a driver too. Us old guys need the kids with better nerves and reaction times.

Here is the bet. I will and Jerry gets a case of Diet Mountain Dew. Jerry, what are your stakes?

Nice...I like the sound of this...some good fast MM's head to head and also take on the SS's which are really fast...looks like it is going to be a good time in the South...see ya...willie

LeadSSled
08-22-2005, 01:09 PM
One other interesting tidbit: You are not likely to win the long distance award this year. Anders Envall has just confirmed that he is bringing his 10-second Impala SS over from Gothenburg, Sweden! :eek: The Nordtrafik shipping company will load his car in mid-September and it will arrive in Orlando mid-October for some tuning. Anders just finsihed up a Ford 9-inch conversion with 4-link suspension and is hoping to get into or near the 9s. He may very well be part of the FL caravan.

Do you want some international exposure? Swedish Bilsport Magazine will be at the race doing an article! Eventually also a Swedsih Satellite TV-show American Speed, will have a feature on the race.

If you would like to see more of this Swedish machine, check out his website:
Blackout Racing (http://www.blackout.nu/)

Just one more reason to attend. :banana2:

martyo
08-22-2005, 01:54 PM
One other interesting tidbit: You are not likely to win the long distance award this year.

I never got my award from last year! :mad2:

LeadSSled
08-22-2005, 02:02 PM
I never got my award from last year! :mad2:

Well, I mispoke about that - they don't actually give a long distance award at this event (although I think that they should). So I probably should have announced Ander's trip differently.

Where did you come from? We had an Impala make the trip from Southern California last year, but it was trailered. I think you drove your car.

martyo
08-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, I mispoke about that - they don't actually give a long distance award at this event (although I think that they should). So I probably should have announced Ander's trip differently.

Where did you come from? We had an Impala make the trip from Southern California last year, but it was trailered. I think you drove your car.

Nope. My Garage King came on a trailer too!

LeadSSled
08-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Let's not let it get too quiet in here.

Bump

Smokie
08-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Let's not let it get too quiet in here.

BumpI counted 6 registered Marauders and I am sure there will be more........:D

MarauderTJA
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
I counted 6 registered Marauders and I am sure there will be more........:D
If all goes right we should see close to 20:banana2: Will be a great turnout.

LeadSSled
08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
If all goes right we should see close to 20:banana2: Will be a great turnout.

That would be great, guys! Let's pack this place out!

I've also been working on the GTO and Hemi Doge/Chrysler folks too. The Lincolns will be well represented as well. We should have a great variety. :beer:

Jerry Barnes
08-26-2005, 07:22 PM

Hey,

What happen to my response to Martyo? I thought it was pretty clean? Kind of? I will have everyone register by next week! Someone put my post back in the thread!

Jerry

martyo
08-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey,

What happen to my response to Martyo? I thought it was pretty clean? Kind of? I will have everyone register by next week! Someone put my post back in the thread!

Jerry

Jerry: Here it is (it was in another thread):

Martyo,

You know that I am shy and introvert. And these types of challenges push me outside of my confort zone. And confrontation is not easy for me to deal with, given I am a wall flower.

But, you better strap on the biggest, hairiest set of BA!!$ you got, cause I am going to enjoy drinking your Mountain Dew!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!

Mr. Walter Mitty Jr.(Jerry Barnes)

To which I replied:

{applying Rogaine to BA!!$} It's on! :D

To paraphrase the song: See you in November! :D

:D :flamer: :D :flamer:

prchrman
08-27-2005, 05:19 AM
Boyhowdy...this is going to be fun...let's have some kind of a dinner or something the night before...what you'al think? willie

Disney Lincoln
08-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Would this be a good time to send a call-out to Martyo?

I figure your Hot Rod and my daily driver could go at it for some good laughs. I'll be working my Hot Rod in the Big Dog race (2002 champ!) and figure i'll need a break from the serious racing.

Whadda ya say? Heads up Pro-tree, no bump, dead digs, any tire, any power adder(s), for beverage of choice?

And if you whip that, i get to bring out the Hot Rod!

Come on out MM guys!! It's gonna be better than ever! We're getting faster every year!! This will no doubt be a show to remember.

LeadSSled
08-29-2005, 03:27 AM
Boyhowdy...this is going to be fun...let's have some kind of a dinner or something the night before...what you'al think? willie

Note that the dragway will also be open on Friday night for their regular test & tune program. Many use Friday night as a last minute tune up before the big race the next day.

martyo
08-29-2005, 04:27 AM
Note that the dragway will also be open on Friday night for their regular test & tune program. Many use Friday night as a last minute tune up before the big race the next day.

So now I gotta make a hotel reservation????

:D

martyo
08-29-2005, 04:29 AM
Would this be a good time to send a call-out to Martyo?

I figure your Hot Rod and my daily driver could go at it for some good laughs. I'll be working my Hot Rod in the Big Dog race (2002 champ!) and figure i'll need a break from the serious racing.

Whadda ya say? Heads up Pro-tree, no bump, dead digs, any tire, any power adder(s), for beverage of choice?

And if you whip that, i get to bring out the Hot Rod!

Come on out MM guys!! It's gonna be better than ever! We're getting faster every year!! This will no doubt be a show to remember.

Braggart!

Now don't make me strap your azz in the back of my car for a pass or two....I have always wanted to use those rear seat 5 pointers!

Hell Disney, I wold drive up there just to hang out with you.

{dialing Jeff to tell him to make sure that car is set on kill.....}

Disney Lincoln
08-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Braggart!

Now don't make me strap your azz in the back of my car for a pass or two....I have always wanted to use those rear seat 5 pointers!

Hell Disney, I wold drive up there just to hang out with you.

{dialing Jeff to tell him to make sure that car is set on kill.....}

Now THAT'S what i'm talkin bout!! I want to ride in the back of an 11 sec car!! To hell with the drivers seat, I wanna read a newspaper while the cab driver wheels us around the starting line! :burnout:

Tell Jeff to bring his car over too. The lanes will bo open to anyone who wants to come in. Just pay the same entrance fee and he can race all day. My brother got 13 passes in last year!.

And if the track doesn't prove to be as much fun as I think it wil be.... :beer:

Look forawrd to seeing you there! Bring The Todd with ya too!

martyo
08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Now THAT'S what i'm talkin bout!! I want to ride in the back of an 11 sec car!! To hell with the drivers seat, I wanna read a newspaper while the cab driver wheels us around the starting line! :burnout:

Tell Jeff to bring his car over too. The lanes will bo open to anyone who wants to come in. Just pay the same entrance fee and he can race all day. My brother got 13 passes in last year!.

And if the track doesn't prove to be as much fun as I think it wil be.... :beer:

Look forawrd to seeing you there! Bring The Todd with ya too!

I will be bringing the whole posse!

I will be booking rooms 'cuz we would like to be up there Friday night. We may a big name special guest from the Mustang wold with us if all goes well. :D

Disney Lincoln
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Heck yeah!!! I'm coming in Friday as well. I'll look ya up and we can consume mass quantities.

Tell this "someone" to bring out their hot street car!

martyo
08-30-2005, 04:33 AM
Heck yeah!!! I'm coming in Friday as well. I'll look ya up and we can consume mass quantities.

Tell this "someone" to bring out their hot street car!

Jeff is definitely coming. By the way, he has a clearance sale going on! All of his cars are for sale (seriously). He started his new shop yesterday and is really focusing in on that. Want a 10 second motor only street car? :D

But we may have another big name coming along for some of his tuning expertise too.

Oh yeah, don't forget, I don't drink, but I can eat like no one's business! I single handedly made the stock price for Waffle House double! :D

Eric91Z
08-30-2005, 05:27 AM
I know the 300C forums were posted and you have mentioned the Dodge/Chrysler cars, but just wanted to make sure these 2 sites were pointed out in case threads have not been posted on there:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/cmps_index.php

http://www.chargerforums.com/

merc
08-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Jeff is definitely coming. By the way, he has a clearance sale going on! All of his cars are for sale (seriously). He started his new shop yesterday and is really focusing in on that. Want a 10 second motor only street car? :D

Do you have a number for his shop. Shoot me a P.M.

martyo
08-30-2005, 06:07 AM
Do you have a number for his shop. Shoot me a P.M.

Pro Speed Performance
770 222 5015

LeadSSled
08-30-2005, 06:15 AM
I know the 300C forums were posted and you have mentioned the Dodge/Chrysler cars, but just wanted to make sure these 2 sites were pointed out in case threads have not been posted on there:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/cmps_index.php

http://www.chargerforums.com/

I have the LX forums covered, but did not know about the Charger one. Thanks - I'll get something posted up there today.

Note: As of last night, the host hotel only had 9 rooms left . If you want to stay at the Hampton Inn, you need to book a reservation quickly. Mention the "Impala Club" for the group rate.

:banana2:

Eric91Z
08-30-2005, 06:19 AM
I have the LX forums covered, but did not know about the Charger one. Thanks - I'll get something posted up there today.

From what I have seen on that site, those guys are really in to their cars, very excited about them, and would probably be more than up for something like this.

LeadSSled
08-30-2005, 06:33 AM
From what I have seen on that site, those guys are really in to their cars, very excited about them, and would probably be more than up for something like this.

Good. I haven't gotten much of a reaction on the LX or 300C forums. Maybe I can get the Chargers to come out and play. I'll give it a shot.

LeadSSled
08-31-2005, 08:01 AM
Very little response from the Chargers so far, but I'm working on them.

And only 6 Marauders registered so far. :bigcry:

Eric91Z
08-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Very little response from the Chargers so far, but I'm working on them.

And only 6 Marauders registered so far. :bigcry:

If I was closer, I would love to come since I should have my car by then. And the Impala SS was my second choice. Love those cars.

LeadSSled
08-31-2005, 08:41 AM
If I was closer, I would love to come since I should have my car by then. And the Impala SS was my second choice. Love those cars.

Thanks. Well, if you change your mind, I can probably hook you up with a convoy to travel with coming from that direction.

MarauderTJA - Did you ever hear from the FL convoy Impala guy? I've not gotten a response from him yet.

Disney Lincoln
09-04-2005, 11:17 AM

But we may have another big name coming along for some of his tuning expertise too.

Oh yeah, don't forget, I don't drink, but I can eat like no one's business! I single handedly made the stock price for Waffle House double! :D

That's what I heard. Something about a dyno on the way?? That's awesome!

Man... Waffle House.... We don't have any up where I am living at now (for school), but there are 4 of em back in my hometown. MAN!! Do I ever miss that place!! I hit em up every time I go out of town. I also hit it up every year I have been to the SSHS!! Definitly lookin forward to that :beer: (sweet tea cheers)

MarauderTJA
09-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks. Well, if you change your mind, I can probably hook you up with a convoy to travel with coming from that direction.

MarauderTJA - Did you ever hear from the FL convoy Impala guy? I've not gotten a response from him yet.

Have not contacted him yet. Figure I will wait a bit until I can get somewhat of a count on how many FL Marauders and other cars will be heading up. I will touch bases with him this week.

MarauderTJA
09-09-2005, 04:28 PM
There only 7 Marauders registered for this event. Come on Florida Marauders, there are only four Florida Marauders registered. Smokie, Bootlegger, Marauder Concepts (don't know this person) and myself.

We are the largest group in the country. :beer: I have talked to several of you who stated you are going. Get registered soon. Even if you only go down the track once, we will all have a blast. I am supplying t-shirts for everyone to show a strong presence "Marauder Race Team." Let's put some Marauders on the participant list. http://www.sshs5.com. Check it out.

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida

Tallboy
09-09-2005, 05:22 PM
There only 7 Marauders registered for this event. Come on Florida Marauders, there are only four Florida Marauders registered. Smokie, Bootlegger, Marauder Concepts (don't know this person) and myself.

We are the largest group in the country. :beer: I have talked to several of you who stated you are going. Get registered soon. Even if you only go down the track once, we will all have a blast. I am supplying t-shirts for everyone to show a strong presence "Marauder Race Team." Let's put some Marauders on the participant list. http://www.sshs5.com. Check it out.

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida

Marauder Concepts is Shakes_26! Maker of the world's finest Valet Underbody Lighting Kit! I'll be riding shotgun with him to the A-T-L.

shakes_26
09-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes its me, they grabbed the name on the PayPal account

Tallboy
09-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Yes its me, they grabbed the name on the PayPal account

Shouldn't you be working? :D

bigslim
09-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Rumour has it there maybe some Detroit guys going.......... ;)

martyo
09-10-2005, 05:38 AM
Rumour has it there maybe some Detroit guys going.......... ;)

Good. Maybe I can sell my interior carpetting to one of them.

Oh, and they are good fun too!

LOL!

I have my Court schedule planned around this event! :D

martyo
09-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Donny: that's just plain wrong!

TooManyFords
09-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Whoohoo! Registered!

Now, where are all the procharger marauders staying?

John

MarauderTJA
09-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Whoohoo! Registered!

Now, where are all the procharger marauders staying?

JohnGreat to hear you are coming John. Most of us will be staying at the host hotel, Hampton Inn. Three Procharger Marauders will be there from Florida. Tim, Lou and myself.:burnout: Plus Marauders from several States with Triology's, Vortech's as well as Nitrous cars will also be going. Can't wait. We will have a blast:banana2: as well as make a serious statement;) . If all goes right we will have a Procharger area with banner at a motorhome as well.

TooManyFords
09-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Damn! The Hampton Inn is booked. I had to get a room next door at the Holiday Inn Express. Guess that's ok so when y'all get kicked out you can come next door to my pad! haha!

Unless someone wants to split a room with me... (I snore!)

See you all in November!

John

LeadSSled
09-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Damn! The Hampton Inn is booked. I had to get a room next door at the Holiday Inn Express. Guess that's ok so when y'all get kicked out you can come next door to my pad! haha!

Unless someone wants to split a room with me... (I snore!)

See you all in November!

John

John - Did you mention that you were part of the "Impala Club" group when calling the Hampton? They have a block of rooms held for the race participants and a special group rate. I know in the past that people thought they were booked until they called back and mentioned the Impala Club, only to find that they could book a room there. By now, they may very well be fully booked, but it's worth a try. The Hampton is where all of the post-race action is. :D

Terry

HwyCruiser
09-22-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm late with hotel reservations also it seems. I called the Hampton Inn and mentioned the Impala Club hold and was told everything was sold out.

The SSHS5 site lists the Ramada Ltd across the interstate as possible overflow accommodations, and TMF found rooms at the Holiday Inn Express across the way also.

Anyone else planning on going that still needs to find accommodations? Should we claim one of the other hotels as Marauder territory? If anyone has a double at the Hampton Inn wanting to split the bill I'm looking for options.

How ever the backup plan on accommodations works out, it looks like I'm in. See you all there!

martyo
09-23-2005, 04:53 AM
Anyone else planning on going that still needs to find accommodations?

I am not much I sharing rooms, but I will need a few rooms for me and my posse. I think I need like four or five rooms.

What do you guys propose?

TooManyFords
09-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Maybe we setup camp next door at Ramada so we can launch childish Trash Talk over the fence at each other!

Works for me!!

:laugh:

John

martyo
09-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Maybe we setup camp next door at Ramada so we can launch childish Trash Talk over the fence at each other!

Works for me!!

John

Sounds like a plan. Anyone got the number for that place?

Bradley G
09-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Which member had the PA system?

TooManyFords
09-23-2005, 06:44 AM
Sounds like a plan. Anyone got the number for that place?
Yes, post it and I'll cancel mine at the Holiday inn and move over to the Ramada. I'm bringing water balloons!

John

HwyCruiser
09-23-2005, 10:42 AM
I booked a double at the Ramada Ltd for Nov 4th & 5th. 706-335-5191. Rate was $59.95 / night with AAA. The clerk said she had quite a few rooms left.

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/search_results?brand_code=RA&p_country=US&p_state=GA&p_city=Commerce

Book'em while you can.

martyo
09-23-2005, 01:41 PM
What's everyone's plan? To stay Friday and Saturday or what?

TooManyFords
09-23-2005, 04:33 PM
What's everyone's plan? To stay Friday and Saturday or what? I booked for Fri and Sat. nights too at the Ramada now.

Bring plenty of water balloons and fire crackers!

I'm bringing the poker chips cause I hear Bradley "All In" Dynopro will be wanting to loose some more cash!

Should I bring my pool cue too?

Cheers!

John

martyo
09-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I booked for Fri and Sat. nights too at the Ramada now.

Bring plenty of water balloons and fire crackers!

I'm bringing the poker chips cause I hear Bradley "All In" Dynopro will be wanting to loose some more cash!

Should I bring my pool cue too?

Cheers!

John

I will be bringing plenty of crack.

Remember, friends don't let friends do drugs alone.

shakes_26
09-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Arrive Friday, kick ass take names, leave Sunday

Lazy Destroyer
09-26-2005, 10:37 PM
SSHS5 T-shirt order form page (http://www.flaming-martini.net/thelazydestroyer/tshirts.html)

All the details should be included there. Payments either through PayPal or you can send in a check with a printed order form. I will be out of town until around Sunday 10/2 so I cannot confirm any orders until then, but you are more than welcome to place them before I get back if you want.

It's definately recommended that you purchase them online before the event for a couple reasons. It makes it easier to grab the shirt when you get to the host hotel when you check in, ensures you get the sizes you need, and helps GASSIT with some of the costs we see pre-event.

Online sales for the shirts will probably stop around the 20th of October but really depends on the lead time the printer needs. I will post up when I know more details on this for sure!

I am also willing to ship the shirts (which is included in the order page) for an extra $6.00 but please only do this if you are not attending SSHS5, since I ship out the shirts after the event. $6.00 covers the cost of any amount of shirts within reason.

MarauderTJA
09-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Arrive Friday, kick ass take names, leave Sunday
We need to plan to get all us togther to caravan up on Friday morning. I was thinking of us meeting in Wildwood (I-75/FL Turnpike exit) at a truck stop there. Would be a good location for everyone in our group to meet. Anyone have any other ideas?

Smokie
09-27-2005, 08:15 AM
We need to plan to get all us togther to caravan up on Friday morning. I was thinking of us meeting in Wildwood (I-75/FL Turnpike exit) at a truck stop there. Would be a good location for everyone in our group to meet. Anyone have any other ideas?Tom, it sounds good to me, I think all MM. owners that are attending start out South of that point.

Maybe you can start a new thread in the SSM forum and present the idea, I am ok with meeting point as long as it is schedule for no later than 9:00 am, would prefer earlier. Javier.

MarauderTJA
09-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Tom, it sounds good to me, I think all MM. owners that are attending start out South of that point.

Maybe you can start a new thread in the SSM forum and present the idea, I am ok with meeting point as long as it is schedule for no later than 9:00 am, would prefer earlier. Javier.
Javier, I would prefer in leaving from the meeting point prior to 9 Am as well. I will put up a thread on the idea.

TOM

FordNut
09-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Ordered mine today.

SSHS5 T-shirt order form page (http://www.flaming-martini.net/thelazydestroyer/tshirts.html)

All the details should be included there. Payments either through PayPal or you can send in a check with a printed order form. I will be out of town until around Sunday 10/2 so I cannot confirm any orders until then, but you are more than welcome to place them before I get back if you want.

It's definately recommended that you purchase them online before the event for a couple reasons. It makes it easier to grab the shirt when you get to the host hotel when you check in, ensures you get the sizes you need, and helps GASSIT with some of the costs we see pre-event.

Online sales for the shirts will probably stop around the 20th of October but really depends on the lead time the printer needs. I will post up when I know more details on this for sure!

I am also willing to ship the shirts (which is included in the order page) for an extra $6.00 but please only do this if you are not attending SSHS5, since I ship out the shirts after the event. $6.00 covers the cost of any amount of shirts within reason.

LeadSSled
10-06-2005, 05:20 AM
There only 7 Marauders registered for this event.

Tom - Looks like it's up to 9 Marauders now out of 63 cars registered. Is that going to be all? Better than last year, but less than you (and I) had hoped. Well, they just don't know what they will be missing, huh?

Only one month away. :banana:

mcb26
10-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Do ya'll mind if I show up just for saturday. I don't race anymore,but I wouldn't mind hanging out for awhile.

LeadSSled
10-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Do ya'll mind if I show up just for saturday. I don't race anymore,but I wouldn't mind hanging out for awhile.

No problem at all. We expect lots of spectators. Spectator admission is $10. Hope to see you there!

MarauderTJA
10-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Tom - Looks like it's up to 9 Marauders now out of 63 cars registered. Is that going to be all? Better than last year, but less than you (and I) had hoped. Well, they just don't know what they will be missing, huh?

Only one month away. :banana:
I have been pushing at my end. I too would like see more participation, in particluar from people in the south (GA/AL/NC/SC) as well as our Florida group.:help: I know of at least two more that we be attending and hopefully more will attend as we get closer. One of my South Florida Marauder friends is an LEO and he is awaiting to get Sunday off for the travel time home. Maybe as time gets closer more will register.

martyo
10-06-2005, 04:44 PM
I have been pushing at my end. I too would like see more participation, in particluar from people in the south (GA/AL/NC/SC) as well as our Florida group.:help: I know of at least two more that we be attending and hopefully more will attend as we get closer. One of my South Florida Marauder friends is an LEO and he is awaiting to get Sunday off for the travel time home. Maybe as time gets closer more will register.

Here, let me add an incentive. For those that come, the Diet Mountain Dew is on me!

Hell, I even bet Jerry a case of Diet Mountain Dew because I don't have the big money that sailsman does! :D

LeadSSled
10-06-2005, 05:06 PM

I know that you've been pushing, and I appreciate it. I hope that people realize that I'm not blowing smoke when I say that this is likely the last Shootout put on by GASSIT for a while. They are just worn out after doing this 4 years in a row. Unless some other group in the south steps up next year, the Southern Super Heavy Shootout is over after this event. This may be the last chance.

TooManyFords
10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Damn, and now there will be one less Marauder... Sorry guys, but it would take a miracle to get my car back on the road just to make it down.

Have a good one for me!

John

MarauderTJA
10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I know that you've been pushing, and I appreciate it. I hope that people realize that I'm not blowing smoke when I say that this is likely the last Shootout put on by GASSIT for a while. They are just worn out after doing this 4 years in a row. Unless some other group in the south steps up next year, the Southern Super Heavy Shootout is over after this event. This may be the last chance.
Well hopefully we Marauder guys can take over the event here in Florida. And Martyo will provide the Diet Mountain Dew which is an incentive enought to race our big cars:D

Hey Marty, bring plenty in the big trunk of your Marauder when you come down to SSHS5 next month. We will have a motorhome and the ice...:beer:

MarauderTJA
10-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Damn, and now there will be one less Marauder... Sorry guys, but it would take a miracle to get my car back on the road just to make it down.

Have a good one for me!

John
Come on down anyway John if you can. You are welcome to hang out with us all. :D

LeadSSled
10-07-2005, 05:17 AM
Well hopefully we Marauder guys can take over the event here in Florida.

A little historical perspective - The very first Super Heavy Shootout (SSHS1) was in Florida. It wasn't quite as well attended as the subsequent Shootouts because it was a longer drive for almost everyone in the country except the racers in Florida. We have historically had a big draw from the northeast. The event was moved to GA because it changed the commute to a 1-day trip rather than a 2-day trip for a large number of racers. I'm not saying that a FL event wouldn't work (and it certainly would be better than no event at all), but you will need to be aware of the possibility that it could effect attendance.

Hack Goby
10-07-2005, 06:06 AM
The plan was Jerry ,Darryl,Mike Z. and myself were going to come down and have some fun but it looks like it`s not going to happen.Insted we will be going to Smackdown at Norwalk the week before.There both great events but mileage and gas prices win out here.Sorry guys hope everyone has a great time.

LeadSSled
10-07-2005, 07:01 AM
it looks like it`s not going to happen.Insted we will be going to Smackdown at Norwalk the week before.

Chicken! :D Gas dropped "way down" to $2.88 here yesterday.

Sorry that you won't be able to make the shootout. I was really looking forward to seeing your ride. Have a good time at the Smackdown event. I hope that it doesn't snow on you. ;)

MarauderTJA
10-07-2005, 01:47 PM
A little historical perspective - The very first Super Heavy Shootout (SSHS1) was in Florida. It wasn't quite as well attended as the subsequent Shootouts because it was a longer drive for almost everyone in the country except the racers in Florida. We have historically had a big draw from the northeast. The event was moved to GA because it changed the commute to a 1-day trip rather than a 2-day trip for a large number of racers. I'm not saying that a FL event wouldn't work (and it certainly would be better than no event at all), but you will need to be aware of the possibility that it could effect attendance.
I agree on GA being a better location than FL for national attendance. Hopefully the GASSIT guys will continue the tradition if this event goes over well. Its looking pretty good with registrations and hopefully will get better.

MarauderTJA
10-07-2005, 01:53 PM
The plan was Jerry ,Darryl,Mike Z. and myself were going to come down and have some fun but it looks like it`s not going to happen.Insted we will be going to Smackdown at Norwalk the week before.There both great events but mileage and gas prices win out here.Sorry guys hope everyone has a great time.
Come on guys...:bigcry: The weather will be better in Georgia, some great Chevy competition and heck,,,,, A few of us Florida guys wanted to have the opportunity to get side by side with some Marauder Triology legends from the mean Motor City.:lol: on the track.:burnout:

bigslim
10-07-2005, 11:04 PM
And the work thing!!! Sorry guys.

martyo
10-08-2005, 06:13 AM

So does this mean that Jerry's not coming????

I believe under the rules of engagement, he has forfeited to me and owes me a case of Diet Mountain Dew. Jerry, let me know if you need my home address (Donna has it from my Trilogy jacket order).

TooManyFords
10-09-2005, 05:35 AM
Remeber everyone, I have a pre-paid spot I would sell if someone wants to go!

Now raising money for a killer motor :wink: and those Girl Scouts keep making me buy more cookies! :D

Cheers!

John

martyo
10-09-2005, 05:53 AM
...and those Girl Scouts keep making me buy more cookies! ...

I just wish they were selling Candy door to door. ;) :D

Donny Carlson
10-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Now raising money for a killer motor :wink: and those Girl Scouts keep making me buy more cookies! :D

Cheers!

John
And worse, you open your front door to see this:

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/images/girlscout.jpg

Donny Carlson
10-09-2005, 12:57 PM
I just wish they were selling Candy door to door. ;) :D
"No, Mr. Ochs, I don't think are available in that flavor!!"
http://www.gorgesoccer.ca/photos/Old%20Girl%20Scout%20copy.jpg

(sound of check being written)

http://www.thespoof.com/picstore/misc/Final_Girl_Scout_Cover.jpg

TooManyFords
10-12-2005, 04:37 AM
Looks like the SSHS5 group is less than forgiving about problems than MV-III was. I emailed them about a possible refund seeing that I can not make it now. Here's what I got back:

John,

Sorry to hear about your motor - that sucks. Good luck getting everything back up and running.

Another participant had a similar request and, unfortunately, the policy is no-refunds. The way it was explained to me is that they money has already been spent. However, we can apply your money to next year's registration, so hopefully, it's not a total loss for you.

Let me know what you want to do.

Take care,

Tony Blank
What I want to do is get a refund. There has to be at least one more entry between now and Nov. 4th Tony, so apply mine to that and issue a refund maybe? It is my understanding from previous posts that you are not hosting it again, so how does the "next year" thing apply?

Thanks

John

martyo
10-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Looks like the SSHS5 group is less than forgiving about problems than MV-III was. I emailed them about a possible refund seeing that I can not make it now. Here's what I got back:

What I want to do is get a refund. There has to be at least one more entry between now and Nov. 4th Tony, so apply mine to that and issue a refund maybe? It is my understanding from previous posts that you are not hosting it again, so how does the "next year" thing apply?

Thanks

John

John:

We are friends, so hopefully you won't get bent when I say this. Running SSHS5 (or any similar event) is not like selling clothes at retail. These events are labors of love, not money makers; I suspect that they have an incredibly tight budget.

Cut these guys some slack. The time and paper work alone of processing the refund is a PITA for them. It's these sorts of hassles that makes them reluctant to put on future events.

TooManyFords
10-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Nope, not bent at all. Just hoping to sell my spot is all because it don't look like a refund is gonna happen. It's only $65 (the price of a rod) so I won't be sweating it.

I guess it was the way it was presented is all.

Maybe I'll get one of those "I Pre-Registered for SSHS5 and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!" shirts!

Cheers!

John

LeadSSled
10-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Nope, not bent at all. Just hoping to sell my spot is all because it don't look like a refund is gonna happen.

John - Just so you know, I'm just the "communicator" here, not part of the "decision makers". Sorry about the no-refund policy, but that is the way it has always been for this event. It's true that most of the money is already spent - in fact probably more checks have been written than registrants to cover it. Some of the organizers have put their personal finances on the line counting on "at the gate" registrants to cover it at the event. The dragway requires a deposit of several thousand dollars to hold the track date for us. It's just not possible to offer refunds. The decision to proceed with the event was made based on the number of committed dollars received. This is not a financial gold mine for GASSIT. For the 4 years they have run this event, they have either just broken even or even lost a little money on this event. I think they have made a little money one year and I know they lost money last year (due to the parking lot antics at the host hotel). However, like Tony said, they have always allowed substitutes for those that cannot attend. If you can find someone to take your spot, a subsitution can be made. I know that this is not convenient, but it's just the way it has to be. And I agree, a more detailed explanation as to "why" would have been more prudent than the response you received. But also understand that Tony is just handling the administrative stuff for the registration - he's not a decision maker either. In fact, I don't even know that he is a "car guy"; I just know that he works with John Rafeseth, the race director.

Maybe I'll get one of those "I Pre-Registered for SSHS5 and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!" shirts!

Sorry, the T-shirts are extra. :) But they can be ordered here:
SSHS5 Event T-shirts (http://www.flaming-martini.net/thelazydestroyer/tshirts.html)

Terry

MarauderTJA
10-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Nope, not bent at all. Just hoping to sell my spot is all because it don't look like a refund is gonna happen. It's only $65 (the price of a rod) so I won't be sweating it.

I guess it was the way it was presented is all.

Cheers!

John
John I pm'd you with a name and phone number of a friend who will take your spot....

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida

TooManyFords
10-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Thanks again Tom, I will call your friend tomorrow.

Just so everyone understands, I'm more depressed about my car and not being able to attend. There have been some generous offers to ride down anyway (thanks JD!) but I have mucho work now and need to earn some money to get the car back on the road.

Y'all have a great time down there. Ya hear?

Cheers

John

Lazy Destroyer
10-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Sorry about the no refund policy, I can understand, but hopefully you can find someone to take the spot and pay ya that way :cool:

Just a heads up, t-shirts (http://www.flaming-martini.net/thelazydestroyer/tshirts.html)will be available until Friday, I will print some extras for the day of the event, but they will go extremely quick. In fact, most of those will probably be sold the night before at the host hotel.;)

Paul T. Casey
10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
I haven't pre-registered as of yet, what would it entail to take over John's spot? As long as I can get my name and town said on the loudspeaker, I don't care about the number on the car. It's fun to hear a true southern gentleman trying to say Misquamicut.

shakes_26
10-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Thats easy as pecan pie, Misquamicut in southern is prO-nounced , Messy biscuits!

I haven't pre-registered as of yet, what would it entail to take over John's spot? As long as I can get my name and town said on the loudspeaker, I don't care about the number on the car. It's fun to hear a true southern gentleman trying to say Misquamicut.

Bradley G
10-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Messy Biscuits and pecan pie?:cloud9: Yaa:baaa: Mee!

Thats easy as pecan pie, Misquamicut in southern is prO-nounced , Messy biscuits!

MarauderTJA
10-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Never mind all that...bring about 10 lbs of steamers with you Paul. ;) I 'll provide the big pot, butter and broth bowls. The southerners will think we are eating bogga snott..:eek: It would be hilarious...Maybe it will slow their reaction times down when I race them. Every advantage we can get.:burnout:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Paul T. Casey
10-14-2005, 09:45 AM
I hoard my clams, but it's an idea. BTW, the Super 8 still has plenty of rooms for anyone interested. 706-336=8008. Just be prepared for a slight language barrier when you resevre.

Disney Lincoln
10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Times a comin!!!!! Only a couple weeks left now!!!

To those without a room. There are still some rooms available at the Red Roof Inn. It's on the track side of the interstate behind the Cracker Barrel.

Those that want to go: Pre-register NOW!! Don't put it off any longer, the GASSIT club has strung out their funds for this event and your preregistration helps them to secure more door prises and track prep. Don't be a Nunamaker!!

martyo
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
To those without a room. There are still some rooms available at the Red Roof Inn. It's on the track side of the interstate behind the Cracker Barrel.

Is the Ramada booked up too?

Got a number fo rRed Roof?

I forgot to book rooms. Woopsie.

martyo
10-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Is the Ramada booked up too?

Got a number fo rRed Roof?

I forgot to book rooms. Woopsie.

Well, I just booked ablock of 5 rooms at the Ramada. At least my posse has a place to stay.

2003 MIB
10-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, I just booked ablock of 5 rooms at the Ramada. At least my posse has a place to stay.
:P Marty's a 43 yo Yankee lawyer who says "posse". You gotta love this board.:D

shakes_26
10-17-2005, 04:19 PM
What posse is that? The Caramel too crew? :)

Tallboy
10-17-2005, 05:41 PM

That's cuz Marty's an original gangsta yo. :beatnik:

Marty-looking forward to meeting you in Hotlanta. :beer:

Disney Lincoln
10-17-2005, 06:26 PM

He's keepin it fo real. Yo.

martyo
10-17-2005, 07:41 PM
He's keepin it fo real. Yo.

Tru dat! :D

FordNut
10-19-2005, 04:07 PM
11 Marauders signed up now. Still don't have as many as I expected, what with the huge SSM contingent that's supposed to be coming.

MarauderTJA
10-20-2005, 04:13 PM
11 Marauders signed up now. Still don't have as many as I expected, what with the huge SSM contingent that's supposed to be coming.
Hopefully more will show up at the gate. I do know of a couple more from Florida that may be going. Lou took John's slot and is now registered in his place. He has a 03 Procharged Marauder that will be going.

prchrman
10-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Just bringing SSHS5 up for a reminder...fun fun fun in the warm commerce sun...should see some quick times this year out of our MM group...we better because those SSs are quick...10.3 sec quick...also saw that a Charger is showing up...hope the 9 sec linc is there again this year...wondered if any wanted to get together on Friday night before the big day to eat and socialize? willie

TooManyFords
10-27-2005, 04:57 AM
To the SSHS5 management: Lou Pantaleon has taken my spot. Please extend a warm welcome to Lou when he shows up!

Thanks!

John Friel

martyo
10-27-2005, 05:25 AM
To the SSHS5 management: Lou Pantaleon has taken my spot. Please extend a warm welcome to Lou when he shows up!

Thanks!

John Friel

John: You will be missed.

TooManyFords
10-27-2005, 05:28 AM
Thanks Marty. Really!

All I can say is someone better be taking lots of pictures and movies when the ProChargers kick ass!

Best of luck to you, my friend.

[..sniff..]

John

MarauderTJA
10-27-2005, 07:10 AM
TMAC was suppose to be coming but with the damage to his area of Florida with Hurricane Wilma, he won't be able to make it.

prchrman
10-27-2005, 07:10 AM
If I am counting correctly there are 84 preregistered racers for SSHS5...that's got to be a record! Lots of burning rubber no doubt...willie

glassman99
10-27-2005, 05:09 PM
TMAC was suppose to be coming but with the damage to his area of Florida with Hurricane Wilma, he won't be able to make it.
Prochargers on the Bowties or the Ovals??????

MarauderTJA
10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Prochargers on the Bowties or the Ovals??????
Two Procharger Marauders coming up, a few Marauder Trilogy S/C cars, and a couple of Vortech cars as well from the Blue Oval will be in attendance. I am sure there will be some Bowtie Procharger & Vortech cars there.....

glassman99
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Are they all registered? It will be a good show in GA. Hope the weather holds.

MarauderTJA
10-28-2005, 06:25 AM
Are they all registered? It will be a good show in GA. Hope the weather holds.One guy here from Florida is taking the spot of another Marauder who had to cancel. That makes for 12 Marauders registered.

FordNut
10-28-2005, 06:35 AM
One guy here from Florida is taking the spot of another Marauder who had to cancel. That makes for 12 Marauders registered.
I still only counted 11, but maybe a late registrant or one of the "info pending" registrants has a MM.

MarauderTJA
10-28-2005, 06:46 AM
I still only counted 11, but maybe a late registrant or one of the "info pending" registrants has a MM.
Lou Pantaleon from Cape Coral, Florida is not up on the registration list yet. But he will be there. He is taking TooManyFords slot who had to cancel. He has a Procharger Marauder.

Donny Carlson
10-30-2005, 12:05 AM
I was able to get leave, so it looks like I'll be there with the SSR. Though the good counselor and Toddster encourage me to run it, looking at the tech section, convertibles faster than 13.99 must have a roll bar. SSR's are known to run a 13.85 quarter mile... and there's no roll bar on my car.... so, fate has spared some of you a public ass woopin.:)

martyo
10-30-2005, 03:49 AM
I was able to get leave, so it looks like I'll be there with the SSR. Though the good counselor and Toddster encourage me to run it, looking at the tech section, convertibles faster than 13.99 must have a roll bar. SSR's are known to run a 13.85 quarter mile... and there's no roll bar on my car.... so, fate has spared some of you a public ass woopin.:)

You can still make at least one pass until they toss ya.

That is a beautiful ride you have there Donny. Run it!

Great seeing you last night! :up:

Marauderman
10-30-2005, 09:03 AM
You can still make at least one pass until they toss ya.

That is a beautiful ride you have there Donny. Run it!

Great seeing you last night! :up:
Yeah-go ahead ----where else are you gonna get the chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Martyo and Todd

FordNut
10-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah-go ahead ----where else are you gonna get the chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Martyo and Todd
Yo, Tom...
I don't see your name on the registrant list. You gonna run it?

Marauderman
10-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Yo, Tom...
I don't see your name on the registrant list. You gonna run it?
Love to--but my MM is still getting finishing touches --awaiting for one more part from DR---it would be tight if best--so not likely --I want to so badly too--wish all you folks the best--just know it is gonna be alot of fun--I look up at the pic of my MM from last years--darn----have alot of fun--will be thinking of you all-----will be looking for all of your results--no matter the out come--its all fun----Tom

Paul T. Casey
10-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Just paypaled my registration, see you there.

MarauderTJA
10-31-2005, 06:19 AM
Just paypaled my registration, see you there.
Great news Paul. See ya there. Don't forget the steamers:D

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Marauderman
10-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Love to--but my MM is still getting finishing touches --awaiting for one more part from DR---it would be tight if best--so not likely --I want to so badly too--wish all you folks the best--just know it is gonna be alot of fun--I look up at the pic of my MM from last years--darn----have alot of fun--will be thinking of you all-----will be looking for all of your results--no matter the out come--its all fun----Tom

Well........I am coming =but without my MM--sorry--I will be in my truck and will be there to visit all my friends and meet new ones----plan on being there earily at breakfast time--so where and what time is it--......can't wait to be with all you folks..Tom

martyo
11-01-2005, 05:00 AM
Was I supposed to get a credentials package like last year (because I didn't)?

Someone please let me know.

Thanks!

LeadSSled
11-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Was I supposed to get a credentials package like last year (because I didn't)?

Credentials were not mailed out this year because of the cost to do so. We are currently "upside down" on this event based on the number of pre-registrants. Unless we get a strong showing of attendees that did not pre-register, we will loose money on this event. The biggest issue is that we have ZERO sponsors this year. In past years, we've been able to get several companies ante up $500 or so to help cover costs. We've come up dry this year on sponsorship. That also means no goodie bag give aways either.

So, here is the way it will work. You may check in late Friday afternoon or Friday evening at the host hotel (HAMPTON) or at the gate Saturday morning. If you check in at the hotel, it will save you some time on Saturday morning because you will have already signed all of the insurance waivers, etc. We will know your name, car/registration number, and type of car that you will be bringing. If there is any dispute as to who is who, we can always ask for ID, but I don't think it will come to that. It will be helpful if you remember your car/registration number when you check in at the hotel or at the gate. You may find your number here:
SSHS5 pre-registered participants (http://www.sshs5.com/participants.html)

If you have not pre-registered online (it is now closed), you can register and check in at the Hampton Friday afternoon/evening. Otherwise you will have to handle everything at the gate. When you get to the gate on Saturday morning, there SHOULD be a separate line for those who that have checked in which should expedite getting you into the track over those that have not yet checked in.

If you have additional questions, I will do my best to answer them. I'm looking forward to meeting all of the Marauder brethern this weekend.

Terry

martyo
11-02-2005, 08:02 AM
If you have additional questions, I will do my best to answer them. I'm looking forward to meeting all of the Marauder brethern this weekend.

Terry

Terry:

We are coming up Friday night for TnT and I don't want to miss that. What are the hours for registration on Friday night? We are not at the host hotel, so I have to factor in that as well (I have about a half-dozen rooms at the Ramada and even have one extra room if someone needs it).

I will be bringing with me a handful of spectators and one or two more late registrant/drivers. So that should help with some more dough (plus the weather looks good too, so that should help also). I wish you guys would have taken me up on my sponsorship offer, but at least I am helping with the head count.

Personally, I am pretty geeked up for this event and am looking forward to meeting old and new friends.

Let us know if there is anything we can do from this end.

shakes_26
11-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm coming up Friday as well, is there a Friday night Test and Tune at the drag track?

Also, any of you trailer people (I mean that with the utmost respect) have a real floor jack available for those of us driving in, we'll need to swap over to drag radials, and I prefer not having to break out the scissor jack.

thanks

PS, anyoen bringing FRS radios, might be nice to get on a common band and have the MM guys hook up.

FordNut
11-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm coming up Friday as well, is there a Friday night Test and Tune at the drag track?

Also, any of you trailer people (I mean that with the utmost respect) have a real floor jack available for those of us driving in, we'll need to swap over to drag radials, and I prefer not having to break out the scissor jack.

thanks

PS, anyoen bringing FRS radios, might be nice to get on a common band and have the MM guys hook up.
Yes, Friday night tnt opens at 6. The line will prolly start around 5:30. I dunno but I'd imaging Marty's crew will have a floor jack.

I just put my drag radials on, so I'll drive the 50 miles or so and wear the stickers off.

FordNut
11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Credentials were not mailed out this year because of the cost to do so. We are currently "upside down" on this event based on the number of pre-registrants. Unless we get a strong showing of attendees that did not pre-register, we will loose money on this event. The biggest issue is that we have ZERO sponsors this year. In past years, we've been able to get several companies ante up $500 or so to help cover costs. We've come up dry this year on sponsorship. That also means no goodie bag give aways either.

Terry

Why not set up a collection jar for donations... Nobody wants you guys to lose money on this great event.

I wish Ida known about the need for sponsors, maybe coulda shook a couple of trees.

shakes_26
11-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanbks Brian, hmm lets see, test and tune night fresh off a 9 hour road trip......might let the car rest..then again.....

LeadSSled
11-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Martyo & FordNut - We are not nearly as organized for this event as we were for past years. I don't know how the ball got dropped on the sponsorship side of the equation. I passed Martyo's offer on to them and it wasn't acted upon. I really don't know what the plan is - depending on the turnout, they may be soliciting donations on Saturday afternoon/evening. It would be a bad thing to ask for donations and then make money on the event.

I will find out about when check in closes on Friday night, but expect that it will be late. I will post back here when I have an answer.

Terry

martyo
11-02-2005, 10:00 AM

We can probably cover you on that (I will try to remember to bring a floor jack with us, but I am scrambling to get down there and get the car ready).

I will try to remeber to bring/charge my FRS handsets. I usally recommend Channel "5," with the side channel set at "0."

Also, cell phones are pretty useful. My number is (914) 582-6262 -- please don't give it to my ex-wife.

Marauderman
11-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Martyo & FordNut - We are not nearly as organized for this event as we were for past years. I don't know how the ball got dropped on the sponsorship side of the equation. I passed Martyo's offer on to them and it wasn't acted upon. I really don't know what the plan is - depending on the turnout, they may be soliciting donations on Saturday afternoon/evening. It would be a bad thing to ask for donations and then make money on the event.

I will find out about when check in closes on Friday night, but expect that it will be late. I will post back here when I have an answer.

Terry
I would suggest that a "sign" be posted as to which line is which at the gate for sign in on SAturday--I'm hoping a club member with a S/C'er will be with me --which will help as well...and I'll try and remember to bring my floor jack and air-pump for refreshing those beauties........Tom

LeadSSled
11-03-2005, 07:12 AM
I heard from Norm, President of GASSIT and he asked me to relay the following information:

Goody Bags: Someone has offerred to donate goody bags. We can give them out first come first serve at registration/check in at the hotel."

Check in Hours: "Registration will stay open until the last sober person is left."

Offers of Donations: "We are going to have a 50/50 to help cushion costs, tshirts, and we have a few less trophy categories. Please post to all forums that if you want to help with an extra donation, buy a shirt, buy an extra 50/50 ticket."

Terry

martyo
11-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Offers of Donations: "We are going to have a 50/50 to help cushion costs, tshirts, and we have a few less trophy categories. Please post to all forums that if you want to help with an extra donation, buy a shirt, buy an extra 50/50 ticket."

Terry

Thanks for the udpate Terry.

I am always up for the 50/50! :up:

LeadSSled
11-03-2005, 11:08 AM
OK, I have more info concerning the registration/check in process. This is now a little different than I originally reported. So here is how it will work:

If you have Preregistered thru the website, you have nothing to do at the Hampton Friday night - everything else will be done at the track

If someone that is not pre-registered wants to register Friday night at the Hampton -

1. Pay the entry fee.

2. Your name will be added to the Master Registration List and you will be assigned a number.

3. If you are an ISSCA member (won't apply to the non-ISSCA folks), be sure to provide your ISSCA number to be added to the Master Registration List if we don't have it already.

On Friday night, you will not get anything other than added to the Master Registration List - that way you are the same as everyone else who
has preregistered - makes handling things at the gate easier.

At the Track Saturday morning

Preregistered Racers

1. Your names will be checked off of the Master Registration List so we will know you are present.

2. If you are an ISSCA member (won't apply to the non-ISSCA folks), be sure to provide your ISSCA number to be added to the Master Registration List if we don't have it already.
3. You will get a Tech Card with your registration number written on it - IMPORTANT - this is what separates the racers from the spectators

4. You will have to sign a GASSIT release - and be rewarded with a goody bag (until they run out).

5. You will have to sign a track release (track personnel will do this).

Racers Registering at the Gate:

1. Pay the entry fee.

2. Your name will be added to the Master Registration List and you will be assigned a number.

3. If you are an ISSCA member (won't apply to the non-ISSCA folks), be sure to provide your ISSCA number to be added to the Master Registration List if we don't have it already.

4. You will get a Tech Card with your registration number written on it - IMPORTANT - this is what separates the racers from the spectators

5. You will have to sign a GASSIT release - and be rewarded with a goody bag (until they run out).

6. You will have to sign a track release (track personnel will do this).
Spectators

Spectators: EVERYONE signs a GASSIT release - this includes spectators, photographers, everyone! The only people who don't have to sign a release are the people who work for the track! Spectators are $10 each.

caSSino
11-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Had a great time at the Shootout it was great meeting and hanging out with you guys at the track and in the parking lot at night.:beer:

You Mercury guys just keep getting faster and faster, congrats on the new record and hope to see more of you guys there next year.:)

shakes_26
11-07-2005, 09:58 AM
To all the SSHS5 organizers,a huge thank you, it was truly one of the most enjoyable events I've attended in years. Those of you who missed out, the Impala guys are very cool, big cars, hot rod guys, not Chevy v. Ford, et al types. Give em a thumbs up when you see em!

LeadSSled
11-08-2005, 08:07 AM
I posted this message in another thread, but for maximum effectiveness to spread my gratitude to you folks, I am post it here as well.

I want to personally thank all of the Marauder folks for coming out to the event. This is NOT an "Impala Event"; it is a "Big Car Event" and it is as much your event as ours. I hope that we made you feel welcome and at home.

It was a great privledge to meet all of you. I knew that you would come with quality equipment and was not disappointed - your cars are beautiful. I also knew that you would come ready to race, and you certainly did. You folks have come a long way in such a short time with this platform. The only thing that was a real unkown to me was: "Do these guys and gals know how how to party." Well, it didn't take very long to put those fears to rest. I'd share a cold one with any one of you anytime at all - what a great bunch of people.

Before this event, I just couldn't imagine that GASSIT would do another one of these because it is so much work and after 4 years we are rather fatigued. But it's looking pretty good for SSHS6 right now. We broke even on this event due to a strong gate showing. Track management has changed and has offerred to help us manage the event and promote it better if we do it next year. And the AWESOME Marauder community has told us that they want to step up and help pull the next event together. With this scenario, it can only get bigger and better. I am excited about next year and excited about my new Marauder friends. I hope you bring 50 or more cars with you next year. I'd hang out with you folks any time.:up:

Terry Kehne
Knoxville, TN

Eric91Z
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I posted this message in another thread, but for maximum effectiveness to spread my gratitude to you folks, I am post it here as well.

I want to personally thank all of the Marauder folks for coming out to the event. This is NOT an "Impala Event"; it is a "Big Car Event" and it is as much your event as ours. I hope that we made you feel welcome and at home.

It was a great privledge to meet all of you. I knew that you would come with quality equipment and was not disappointed - your cars are beautiful. I also knew that you would come ready to race, and you certainly did. You folks have come a long way in such a short time with this platform. The only thing that was a real unkown to me was: "Do these guys and gals know how how to party." Well, it didn't take very long to put those fears to rest. I'd share a cold one with any one of you anytime at all - what a great bunch of people.

Before this event, I just couldn't imagine that GASSIT would do another one of these because it is so much work and after 4 years we are rather fatigued. But it's looking pretty good for SSHS6 right now. We broke even on this event due to a strong gate showing. Track management has changed and has offerred to help us manage the event and promote it better if we do it next year. And the AWESOME Marauder community has told us that they want to step up and help pull the next event together. With this scenario, it can only get bigger and better. I am excited about next year and excited about my new Marauder friends. I hope you bring 50 or more cars with you next year. I'd hang out with you folks any time.:up:

Terry Kehne
Knoxville, TN

Incredible words from a good man. While I have only had my Marauder for about 2 months, the Impala SS is another car I was looking at. Why? the community is a good group of people. The Impala SS and Marauder are the last of a dying breed (unfortunately).

If this goes down next year, I really hope I can make it. It sounds like it was a great time.

Bostic
11-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Hello guys!
I finally found you!

I'm the Swede some of you met briefly at SSHS5 (the one who's Impala SS still was stuck on a container ship in Miami because of all the Wilma delays).

I'm now writing an article about the race for Bilsport, a Swedish automotive magazine and I need some info help from you guys! :help:

I saw at least 3 Marauders, two black and one silver. And I have photos of them, also from open engine compartments from the black S/C ones.

Would you be so kind to tell me "all" facts from weights to timeslips on these cars and also some tricks to tell them apart?

I have also tried to search on any basic info on Marauder, such as "are they still produced".

You know, I haven't seen a Marauder over here in Europe and time was too short in Atlanta.

See you again next year and Thanks guys!

FordNut
11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Hello guys!
I finally found you!

I'm the Swede some of you met briefly at SSHS5 (the one who's Impala SS still was stuck on a container ship in Miami because of all the Wilma delays).

I'm now writing an article about the race for Bilsport, a Swedish automotive magazine and I need some info help from you guys! :help:

I saw at least 3 Marauders, two black and one silver. And I have photos of them, also from open engine compartments from the black S/C ones.

Would you be so kind to tell me "all" facts from weights to timeslips on these cars and also some tricks to tell them apart?

I have also tried to search on any basic info on Marauder, such as "are they still produced".

You know, I haven't seen a Marauder over here in Europe and time was too short in Atlanta.

Mine was #18, black with black wheels. ProCharger D1SC, air-air intercooler, 471 RWHP, weight 4250 lb. Its best time was 12.53, most runs were in the 12.6x range. Made it to the semi-finals in BigDog class. My timeslips are in the car, which is currently in the shop. Once I get it back, I'll update the info on the ladder at the Impala Site. They were only made in '03-'04 and were factory rated at 302 hp. It was great to have you come over, sorry your car got stuck.

Smokie
11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
I was there in the parking lot Saturday when the awards were being handed out, I own a black S/C Marauder 2003.

My car is not one of the fast ones, so I'll let the guys that were there and ran fast provide their own info. In regards to the car itself. There were 2 model years, 2003-04, only about 11,000 were built and they come with a 4.6 liter 32 valve DOHC egine.

My car weighed 4400 lbs with driver at the track and best run was about 13 seconds @ 107 mph on street tires. If you would like more specific information just ask I will do my best to help.:D

PS. If you click on Timeslips below you will see 3 slips for my car from the weekend before the shootout, I hope it helps some.

MarauderTJA
11-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Hello guys!
I finally found you!

I had the Silver 04 Marauder at SSHS5, # 68. I have a Procharger P1SC with a Stallion 3000 TC, DR Cobra exhaust and 4.10's..475 RWHP. Car weight empty 4190 lbs, with me 4440. I made the semi-finals in "B" class. My best time slip was 12.397 at 111.57 MPH with other times slips from 12.6 to 12.8's. Also destroyed a couple runs as well. Was later given a trophy for the fastest reaction times after some debate and number calculations. Hope to see you next year.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida U.S.A.

Bostic
11-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Thanks guys!

This will help me a lot!
So why did they stop making them??

Where there 11 (or more) Marauders at SSHS5?
Did a Marauder run 11's?
On one s/c engine I can also see a nitrous fogger installed, any of your engines?

Except the silver Marauder i found these in the pictures:
(Number and class)
12 A / B
18 B /BD
23 BD
32 A
76 A
83 A
99 B
515 A / HB
1269 B
4910 A

Is it possible that you can help me to put owner names, location, year of make, S/C or not S/C behind these numbers?

Are there still any aftermarket parts made for these cars?

Smokie
11-16-2005, 05:22 AM
I was car #83 a Trilogy Roots S/C making about 9.5 psi boost, the rest of the car is stock. I started TnT in A class didn't know if I would hook-up or not, halfway thru TnT I switched to B class.

I ran brackets in B class and was eliminated in second round. I ran a 13.196 @ 107.14 my opponent in car 36 ran a 13.022 at 97.82, I guess he let off the gas.

There was a Marauder running 11 flat, car #23

Javier, Tampa.Florida.....:)

FordNut
11-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks guys!

This will help me a lot!

MArauders have been made 3 different times, each time was a 2-3 year run so it was pretty much planned up front to be a short production run. In addition, marketing blew it so sales were not too good, only about 11,000 were built.

Plenty of aftermarket stuff still out there. Lots of common parts with Cobra and Crown Vic plus several specialty aftermarket suppliers.

Shankin
11-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Thanks guys!

This will help me a lot!

Did a Marauder run 11's?
On one s/c engine I can also see a nitrous fogger installed, any of your engines?

(Number and class)
12 A / B
18 B /BD
23 BD
32 A
76 A
83 A
99 B
515 A / HB
1269 B
4910 A

Is it possible that you can help me to put owner names, location, year of make, S/C or not S/C behind these numbers?

MartyO and myself had the 11 oh marauder and had the number 23. Its Procharged with a very small hit of gas. dont know how much power but its a good bit!lol

Bostic
11-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Good good good!
Keep it coming!
Thanks thanks thanks!

Shankin, from where are you and Marty O?

glassman99
11-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I was the black 99B. Vortech JT with built motor, transmission and rear end. Nittos for traction. First run ever Saturday with the new supercharger was 12.28 at 112.12 MPH. I picked up the car from Dennis Reinhart in Orange Park, Florida Friday and drove it 350 miles to the race.

glassman99
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Opps...forgot one thing. The car dyno'd at 536 rwhp on pump gas.

Shankin
11-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Good good good!
Keep it coming!
Thanks thanks thanks!

Shankin, from where are you and Marty O?

marty is from new york and we are from powder springs georgia

martyo
11-17-2005, 07:30 AM
we are from powder springs georgia

Where fast Marauders are born and raised!

Paul T. Casey
11-17-2005, 03:12 PM
515 here, I ran a best of 14.337. Just a tune, underdrives, and exhaust. And oh yeah, a well broken in motor with 107,000 plus miles on it at the time of the shootout. I'm from Rhode Island, my wife and I talked to you in the parking lot of the Hampton Hotel after the trophy presentation. I was the guy with the shopping bag full of timeslips.

Bostic
11-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks guys!
Yes, now Marauders are in pictures and in article! I'll be back and show you when it's printed!

Yes I remember the "bag'o'timeslips" and that your wife didn't believe I knew where Rhode Island is! :)

I also remember that you would have been the real Long Distance if it hadn't been for me? I even wrote that in the article!
But there was a lady driving 20 hours in her '06 Dodge Charger from Austin, Texas. I would have sworn that her distance was even longer?

Take care all of you and Thanks again!

johnfain
11-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks guys!

This will help me a lot!

Did a Marauder run 11's?

(Number and class)
12 A / B
18 B /BD
23 BD
32 A
76 A
83 A
99 B
515 A / HB
1269 B
4910 A

J76 A John Fain, Atlanta, 2003, N/A with 100 ZEX shot.