PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

MENINBLK
04-13-2005, 07:27 AM
I gotta say, I've used Meguiar's products in the past, and they were a WORKOUT to get a really good polish on your car.
They weren't as bad as say "BLUE CORAL" but they were definitely in the running.

So in looking for a good clearcoat polish that was available locally, I purchased the Meguiar's NXT Car Wash and the NXT Tech Wax.
This past weekend, I used it to wash the Marauder, using the AutoDry spray gun,
and the wash was so easy and the car came out sparkling !!!
I then used the NXT Tech Wax to polish the Marauder.
Its application is very easy, and the Wash didn't leave any film to cause any swirl marks.
It took me about an hour to polish the whole car, and I gotta say it looks gorgeous!
I've been using my California Duster to wipe off the tree pollen and dust from the Marauder ever since Sunday.
This stuff never comes off as easy as it is coming off now...

Yesterday I went to Staples to pick up some paper, came back out and found a hand print on my trunk.
It looked like someone was actually fondling the feel of the polish !!!

I've purchased the Meguiar's Quick Clay Detailing System, and I plan on using it before the summer kicks in.
I've got to find a spot where I can shade the Marauder for the day so I can clay the hood, roof, and trunk.
I'm also thinking of purchasing the Meguiar's Speed Detailer to use in-between the polishes.

I also tried a new product for cleaning my wheels.
Its called P21S Wheel Cleaner. I purchased it from AJ USA.
They ran a special and you got a free wheel brush with the purchase of the P21S Wheel cleaner.
It comes in a spray bottle and it works really well.
It safe for all types of wheels, even the clear coat coating we have on our wheels.
You only need a little, and it goes a long way.
I was able to clean the whole wheel, inside and out, and it even gets rid
of the dust/dirt that settles in the groove on the inside of the wheel.

wchain
04-13-2005, 07:32 AM
:up:
NXT shines great, but I found it only lasts about 3 car washes before the beading stops. When I was growing up, I was always taught beading=protected no beading=not protected, time to wax again. Even though I'm sure there's wax left, I just don't see the beading. I use Rain X spray wax to 'boost' the NXT between car washes.

It is indeed easy on, easy off.

03marauder
04-13-2005, 07:36 AM
I purchased a few Meguiars products last year: the car wash, scratch x, polish, wax, and the clay bar. I didn't have a chance to use it on the Marauder until last week, but did use it on the Crown Vic I had last year. I have to say that the clay bar is amazing, it makes the paint so smooth. And the polish makes the black so much deeper. The car looks so much better after, than just plain washing and waxing.

03marauder
04-13-2005, 07:37 AM
I also use their quik detailer spray between washings to keep the shine.

duhtroll
04-13-2005, 07:44 AM
My NXT gen (3 coats on horizontal surfaces, 2 coats on vertical ones) lasts 6 months. I wash, clay, and wax over an afternoon and am done for half a year, even in winter except regular washing, which in the winter is almost daily.

-A

Big House
04-13-2005, 07:54 AM
What exactly does the clay do forthe paint? I have never used such.

03marauder
04-13-2005, 08:05 AM
The clay, along with the quik detailer as a lubrication, removes all the tiny impurities on the paint. It makes the paint incredibly smooth.

Shaft333
04-13-2005, 08:20 AM
The clay, along with the quik detailer as a lubrication, removes all the tiny impurities on the paint. It makes the paint incredibly smooth.
When you clay, is there a special technique? I got some Maguiars clay. Sprayed the detail spray. Began running the bar over the stuff and then left a bunch of clay streaks on the hood. What did I do wrong?

03marauder
04-13-2005, 08:27 AM
I always make sure the section I am doing is always plenty wet with the quik detailer to avoid clay streaks. And I only do one body section at a time. Then dry when done and move on. And always knead the clay to have a fresh spot.

Embassy
04-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Its called P21S Wheel Cleaner. I purchased it from AJ USA.
They ran a special and you got a free wheel brush with the purchase of the P21S Wheel cleaner.
It comes in a spray bottle and it works really well.That company makes some excellent products. I use their Total Auto Wash for stubborn areas such as the rear fenders and fender wells.

It is also safe for the engine.

http://www.classicgarage.com/p21sautowash.html (http://www.classicgarage.com/p21sautowash.html)

As far as using clay, you'll have a little streaking or residue after the area you just clayed has dried.

Simply was the vehicle again and then you are ready to apply your favorite polish/protectant.

metroplex
04-13-2005, 11:17 AM
NuFinish. Beads water for a year - tested on an ungaraged clearcoated vehicle left out in the sun, snow, rain, etc...

MainEngDwarf
04-13-2005, 01:49 PM
I've been using the nxt generation wax for a year now. It wears great for me and makes the car look great. I never heard of the clay till now. I may have to check it out........Tried To post a pic, guess not :rolleyes:

Merc-O-matic
04-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Not bad stuff......since I don't have $100 for Zaino I will
stick with NTX.

Gotta Love It! :P

JeffGrice
04-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I use Zaino on my 427 cobra sc. smaller car...easier to deal with multiple steps. It looks a mile deep.

NXT on my wifes vette and the marauder...for a 1-step it is outstanding!!

J

jgc61sr2002
04-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Tried the Maguires NXT on two of my other vehicles and was very satisified. I used the Zaino on my Marauder with excellent results but it is usually parked and covered in my garage.

TechHeavy
04-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Yesterday I went to Staples to pick up some paper, came back out and found a hand print on my trunk.
It looked like someone was actually fondling the feel of the polish !!!
Wow. With a finish that nice maybe you should leave a sign that says, "Don't touch my rear-end!" uh... lol? :D :) :2thumbs: (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=24#)

I need to do that to mine... Great post. Thanks. :)

Fourth Horseman
04-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Nice results with the NXT wax here, as well. I use the NXT spray wax as a booster between waxing and it seems to work well.