PDA

View Full Version : Man, its lame in here!

Digital Man
04-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Jeepers, where are all those Canadian Marauder owners? If your livin' in Ontario you must be lov'n driving your car the last week or so! It's been beautiful out.:coolman:

Anyone have painted calipers? I noticed after I put the alloys back on the calipers took a beating through the winter. They look terrible. I was looking at that G2 paint. Anyone around here use it? Can you get anywhere locally? I'm no mechanic so I need something easy. This stuff looked straight forward, since you don't have to remove the calipers.
Ok, that should get something going.....:beer:

tmac1337
04-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Jeepers, where are all those Canadian Marauder owners? If your livin' in Ontario you must be lov'n driving your car the last week or so! It's been beautiful out.:coolman:

Anyone have painted calipers? I noticed after I put the alloys back on the calipers took a beating through the winter. They look terrible. I was looking at that G2 paint. Anyone around here use it? Can you get anywhere locally? I'm no mechanic so I need something easy. This stuff looked straight forward, since you don't have to remove the calipers.

I have the KVR front and back rotor's that Reinhart sells (work really good IMO), stainless lines, all four calipers painted red. Buy the G2 over the net and save $.

MarauderMark
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Try here i think this may help...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14843&highlight=Canadian+dealer

TechHeavy
04-15-2005, 11:55 AM

I used VHP brake caliper spray paint that you can find at most autoparts stores, (in the US anyway...). It looks great. I'll post some pics if you'd like, (but it's just a high-gloss black finish).

Digital Man
04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
I used VHP brake caliper spray paint that you can find at most autoparts stores, (in the US anyway...). It looks great. I'll post some pics if you'd like, (but it's just a high-gloss black finish).
That works! I want black. Easy to apply?

TechHeavy
04-15-2005, 12:15 PM
That works! I want black. Easy to apply?
Yep. Just remove tire, loosen caliper from rotor and move to the side, (so as not to pinch the brake hose) cover the rotor and surrounding parts with newspaper, (tape if needed) and apply 4-5 thin coats of paint, (allow at least an hour for drying between coats in dry weather, more if humid).
I'm afraid I don't have the digital pics anymore, but will take more if you need them. :) However, just imagine your calipers with a high-gloss black finish that shines in the sunlight.

Canadasvt
04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
I have the KVR front and back rotor's that Reinhart sells (work really good IMO), stainless lines, all four calipers painted red. Buy the G2 over the net and save $.
Is that KVR from Ottawa? SVTOA members get a discount on these products.
www.svtoa-toronto.ca

TechHeavy
04-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi, I was able to dig up my pics from a past post.... (another reason to love this site) lol.

Here they are.

QWK SVT
04-17-2005, 07:28 PM

With the weather being so nice, I've been out the whole weekend. Anyway, I have the same thing going on, with my MM. My calipers look like crap, and I've been thinking about painting them. I'm thinking red, to stand out a little more...

TechHeavy, that's looks pretty sweet!